PERFECTION



by Zealander
Zealander1@aol.com

Copyright Zealander1@aol.com
Darkbard Fantasies
December 31, 1996

The characters of Xena and Gabrielle are the property of MCA/Universal. The story is all mine and contains a graphic depiction of lesbian sex. If you are under age 18 or this type of material offends you, then please find something else to do.

For Rm…. I hope 1997 brings you everything you ever desired, my sweet.


It was a perfect night. The darkness overhead was peppered with stars, the air was warm with a soft ocean breeze, and the moon was casting a divine shadow across the sleeping warrior's beautiful face. The only sounds were an occasional chirping of a bird drifting out over the sea for a midnight snack amongst the gentle waves...

Gabrielle sat with her back resting against a tall tree at the break between forest and beach. Soft needles made for a natural blanket underneath her. They had taken the coastal route today and while riding along a cliff overlooking the ocean, they decided on a particularly gorgeous spot to make camp. The bluff was situated 40 feet from the crashing tide. A lush, green, pine-filled forest lay just to the west and fresh water was nearby. The area looked undisturbed by man. The bard alternated between staring out over the water to watching her warrior sleep soundly next to her...

She tenderly reached out and like a whisper, pushed back a strand of hair from the warrior's forehead, her hand accidentally grazing the satiny softness of her cheek. Holding her breath, Gabrielle waited a lifetime to see if she had awoken her. Normally the slightest sound or touch would have Xena on her feet, sword at the ready. This time she continued the deep breathing
of slumber. The bard let out a sigh of relief; she didn't want her to know she lie awake most nights watching her. The warrior thought she slept too much and chided her frequently for being so tired in the mornings after a long night of rest. If only she knew!! The bard was entranced by the princess and found watching her to be very soothing and even seductive...

Staring at Xena's face brought so much emotion to the surface of the bard's being. She longed to fall into her. To lie against her warm skin. To relish in her arms. It would feel so good to touch her again! They had only made love once before and nothing about it was ever mentioned afterwards. It left a knowing silence between them but Gabrielle was in love with the warrior and wanted her again. She thought Xena had loved her in return. She certainly had shown her that when they were together. However, no further advances had ever been made and that left Gabrielle feeling empty and unfulfilled. She sat looking at the waves breaking below her and wondered how she could make it happen again...

The first time was perfection personified. They had been in Athens. Gabrielle had never been there and longed to see the great city. The town was overwhelming and the bard longed to see more the next day. Conceding, Xena got them lodging at an inn. Since there was a festival in town that same weekend most rooms were already taken and they had to share a small, yet
elegantly appointed chamber. And, it only had one bed. Xena offered to sleep on the floor near the fireplace that night, but Gabrielle insisted she could share. They had been traveling for a long time and she knew that Xena deserved a good nights sleep and respite for her back. All those cold nights on the hard ground took its toll on even the most hardened of travelers...

After a late dinner of fresh beef and much wine, they went for a moonlight stroll instead of listening to the tales of the local storyteller. The streets were nearly empty at this hour and they walked arm in arm, Xena pointing out various sights and explaining the origin of many of the marble statues they passed. Gabrielle was amazed at the knowledge the warrior princess held inside. Rarely had she ever opened up and spoke so freely. She even told her the story of her first visit to the city when meeting the famed King Theseus and her first encounter with the Amazons...

A few hours later, they were back in their chamber. Gabrielle found herself in the familiar place of removing the warrior's armor. She still remembered the first time she'd ever offered to do the task - Xena told her not to try, that the armor was far heavier than she could imagine. The bard struggled to prove herself and ended up dropping the breastplate loudly on the floor in front of the now amused swordswoman. These days Gabrielle was adept at the task and displaced the brass plates in a quick motion. She unbuckled her sheath and sword and laid them side by side on the floor near the bed. Xena preferred to have her weapons always near her, even in sleep. Gabrielle lay her hand palm up in front of the warrior, silently demanding. Xena looked up
at her innocently and smiled. She never forgot about the tiny breast dagger that Xena kept hidden in her leather tunic. That, too, was handed over...

Gabrielle turned away and moved to face Xena's back and unlace her leathers. A cold chill always ran up her spine when she did this - the warrior's back was soft and muscular - she longed to touch it. She reached out and started massaging the stiff shoulder blades. Xena lay back; her dark hair flowing behind her, eyes closed, letting out a heavy sigh. The bard suggested a bath and some hot oil for relaxation. Xena accepted...

After having summoned the maid to bring in hot water and handing Xena another glass of wine while waiting, Gabrielle prepared the bath by dropping in some eucalyptus leaves and heating the oil in a small pan over the fire. She laid out some fresh towels and pulled back the bed. She asked for some extra candles and lit them all around the room. Xena sat back in a chair,
legs crossed, watching the preparations while sipping on her drink. A smile crossed her perfect lips...

When everything was ready, Gabrielle reached out for the warrior's hand. Xena handed her the unfinished wine and Gabrielle took it and swallowed the remainder, savoring the sweet taste while staring into deep blue eyes. She set down the glass and helped pull off Xena's unlaced tunic. The sight of the warrior standing nude before her in the candlelight was almost more than she could bear. A small gasp escaped her lips in a whisper. She was so beautiful. A body so perfect. So lean and lithe. The thick, dark hair cascaded over her shoulders and a similar patch covered the area between her legs - legs that were sculpted like marble and thighs that beckoned to a place where riches ran deep. Her creamy breasts with taut nipples stood equally inviting....

Xena stepped into the bath, stretching out her full length. Leaning her head back, she closed her eyes and waited. She heard the crackling of the fire. Smelled the burning embers. A few moments later a soft voice invaded the silence.

"Xena, have another drink." The bard was standing over her with a fresh glass of wine. Xena opened her eyes to find the bard staring at her. Her soft brown eyes melting before her. The bard was no longer wearing her traveling clothes but had changed into a simple cotton shift. The bodice was cut low and the color was a deep burgundy. Xena had never seen it before. Her expression gave away that she liked it. Gabrielle took a sip of the wine and Xena opened her
mouth to speak but a fingertip on her lips caused her to stop...

Gabrielle bent down on her knees and leaned forward. The hand gesture was removed and replaced by the touch of the bard's lips on the warrior's. Xena moved in a few inches to better accept the kiss. She had wanted to touch her this way a million times before, but was afraid to let the young woman know it. Many a night she lay in her bedroll pretending to sleep and thinking of
ways to seduce the girl. An attraction so deep, so all-consuming had overtaken her. However, the warrior let fear of rejection creep inside her and push away such thoughts. But now...now the bard was kissing her. Her hands on her shoulders, her tongue slowly parting barely open lips...

Xena fell into the kiss as she had all those times in her dreams. The mouth on hers so soft, so moist, so sweet with the lingering wine. She raised her wet arms up out of the water and embraced the woman before her. Pulling her closer still, she slipped in her own tongue to meet Gabrielle's. The tips touched and probed with the gentleness of love and a moment later with
passion born of lust. Xena's hands were roaming every inch of the bard she could reach. The skin so velvety and smooth - just as she had imagined. Xena shifted to pull the bard into the water and on top of her....

Gabrielle pulled away. A shy smile on her lips, she moved to get the pan of oil. Giving Xena a knowing look, she motioned for her to sit up straight. Taking a small stool, Gabrielle sat behind Xena and with one finger, tested the temperature of the oil. It was perfect. The woman then slid both hands into the pan and covered them completely with the silky mixture. She reached forward and ever so softly started running her hands over Xena's back. Xena let out a groan of delight. She must be in the Elysian Fields she thought. A warm bath, hot oil so soothing on her back, a fire roaring, and a glass of wine and Gabrielle. What more could she ask for? Life was perfect...

The massage continued on her back for what seemed a blessed eternity. All her aches and pains had been brushed away. No stiffness remained. She felt like a new woman. New from many standpoints. The oil made her feel wonderful and the wine was slowly starting to take affect on her. Her face was becoming a bit hot, as were other parts of her body. Gabrielle dipped more oil on her hands and moved to run the liquid up and down her arms, occasionally brushing her breasts in the front. Her hands went low in the water, too, to caress her thighs and exposed buttocks...

Gabrielle secretly wished Xena was doing this to her. She had had too many sips of Xena's wine and was starting to feel the warming affects. Her mind was wandering, as were her hands. First, a perfect kiss and now finally being able to touch the warrior was beyond her wildest imagination. She had anticipated this day for a long time - Dreamed about it while asleep and thought about it constantly when awake. She loved Xena with all her heart and soul. She longed with every breath to have the chance to show her - to prove it was real. Maybe even make a difference in her life...

Xena shifted again and pulled the woman behind her next to her skin. Her mouth was hungry on the bard's lips. The heat between them was so intense! She never wanted anyone more in her life. Xena used strong hands to pull Gabrielle into the tub with her. Water splashed onto the floor but neither of them cared. Xena struggled to remove the now wet shift from Gabrielle's body. With the bard's help, the offending fabric was discarded. Xena stopped suddenly and gazed down at the nude body next to hers. So beautiful, she thought! Her movements then slowed to almost a standstill. Each touch after that was like a gentle wind, an imaginary sigh, and a single breath. The bard looked up into Xena's eyes; eyes that appeared as dark blue as the deepest part of the ocean's water. Xena started to speak again...

"Don't say anything, Xena. Just take me to bed and make love to me all night."

Those were the last words ever spoken of that night. A night so perfect it could never be rewritten in a book or told in a story. Yet, a night that burns intensely in the mind of each woman from that moment forward...

Reaching a soft hand out to touch the bard on the shoulder, Xena asked, "What are you doing up so late, Gabrielle?" The bard jumped to find herself being stared at from the no longer sleeping warrior.

"Uh, nothing, Xena. I just found myself mesmerized by this place. I was watching the tide come in." Gabrielle kept her face turned from Xena's curious gaze.

Shifting in her blankets, Xena moved to sit next to the young woman, putting her arms around her waist and pulling her close. "It is a beautiful spot, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is. How did you know about it?" Gabrielle bravely faced the woman next to her who's breath she could feel hot on her neck.

"I found it a few months ago when we took that trip to Athens. I was scouting the area and came across it. I vowed to bring you back here again someday. I knew you'd love it. I thought tonight would be the right time." Xena hugged Gabrielle even tighter and dropped a tender kiss on her cheek. Surprised, Gabrielle asked her why tonight.

"It's New Year's Eve. What better time to reaffirm my love for you." Xena looked at her with a smile glowing in the moonlight.

"You love me?" Queried the bard, her heart soaring out of her chest.

"With all that I am, Gabrielle."

"Oh Goddess, Xena..." The bard wrapped her arms around Xena's neck and pulled
her tight. "I love you so much."

"I know... I do know."

And with that last remark, Xena pulled Gabrielle down onto the soft pine-needled bed beneath them and kissed her with as much tenderness and emotion as she could gather in her soul. A perfect kiss - to last an eternity...

The End


Back to Main XIP Fan Fiction Page