THE BEACH

By Mavis Applewater

July 2002

Disclaimers: Yes, I know who they look like, but it isn’t them. The characters and content of this story belong to the author and may not be reproduced, posted, or sold without the author’s permission. And doesn’t it just suck that I have to mention that? This story, believe it or not, contains a loving sexual relationship between two consenting adult women. (You don’t say!) If for any reason, real or imagined, you are not comfortable with this concept then don’t read this story or anything else that I have ever written. Now for the really important one! If for any reason it is illegal for you to view such material, I’m sorry - go away and come back when it is no longer a crime for you to read my work. If telemarketers are going try to pretend that they know you, shouldn’t they spend two seconds to make sure they call you by the right name? Nothing to do with the story - I was just curious.

A special thanks to my beta reader Joanne.

As always, this is for Heather.

PART ONE

Daryl looked around the beach house suspiciously. "Jeremy?" she called out as she wondered what her brother was up to. "Come out from wherever you’re hiding before I hunt you down and beat the snot out of you," she added with a menacing growl.

"My, aren’t we cranky this morning," Jeremy taunted her as he emerged from one of the back bedrooms.

"Ugh," Daryl grunted in disgust at her brother’s cheerful tone. She was now completely convinced that he was definitely up to something. "What is going on, you little goober?" she asked, not happy about spending her morning off driving all the way up the coast to visit her older brother at the family’s dilapidated beach house. Her icy blue stare made the man shrink back in fear.

Anyone watching the scene would had found it amusing since, despite Daryl’s almost six foot stature, Jeremy stood a good half foot taller and possessed the body of a lumberjack. Still, the younger of the two could always make her larger sibling tremble with fear. "Jeremy, why did you drag me all the way up here on my day off?" Daryl demanded.

"I’ll get us some coffee from Duffy’s," he offered sheepishly.

"I’ve had my coffee. Now out with it," Daryl demanded as she wondered if another cup of coffee might not be a good idea. She decided to make Jeremy sweat a little more before sending him down the road for more coffee.

"Loosen the bone, will you, Wilma?" Jeremy grunted as he folded his arms across his large chest. His crystal blue eyes were filled with concern as he stared down at Daryl. She couldn’t help the small smile that emerged on her lips. It had been a difficult time for both of the siblings over the past few years.

"I’m sorry," she offered quietly. "So why all the mystery?" she added in a softer tone.

"I just thought it would be nice to spend some time together," Jeremy offered in a tender voice that didn’t match his size. "The past few years have been hard on both of us. First, there was my divorce and then you and Shannon broke up as well. Then losing Mom and then Dad so soon afterward - it’s been hell on both of us."

"That it has," Daryl agreed as she wrapped her arm around his waist. "So why here?"

"Well . . . ," he began slowly. "Are you sure you don’t want me to run down to Duffy’s?"

"I don’t like the sound of this," Daryl concluded. She glared up at the taller man who seemed suddenly uncomfortable.

"I was just thinking . . . ," Jeremy began shyly.

"Never a good sign," Daryl grumbled.

"I want to fix this place up and I was hoping that you might want to help me," Jeremy finally blurted out.

"That’s it?" Daryl inquired in confusion as she wondered why her brother had suddenly regained interest in the beach house.

"If we work together on weekends and nights, we could get this place back in shape by Memorial Day weekend," Jeremy offered hopefully.

"It would be a lot of work," Daryl responded thoughtfully.

"Think about it," Jeremy urged her eagerly. "We loved coming here when we were kids. And then later when I was in college and Mom and Dad stopped coming up here, we really had some good times here."

Daryl felt her face flush slightly as she recalled one memory in particular. "Yeah, you and Lesley use to throw some great parties," she said absently as she felt her body temperature rise slightly. "It was nice of her to come to Dad’s wake. I always liked her."

"Me too," he confessed with a shy smile.

"Not that I didn’t like Carol," she added quickly, referring to her brother’s ex-wife. "I guess I just always thought that Lesley was going to be the girl you married."

"So did I," he said as his smile grew a little brighter. "But what did we know then? We were just a couple of college kids."

There was something in his tone that alerted the brunette that there was more going on than he wanted to admit. "Uh huh." She chuckled softly. "She’s divorced as well, isn’t she?"

"Yes," Jeremy muttered quietly. "So what do you think? Can we get the old place fixed up?"

"It’ll be a lot of work," Daryl said wryly. "Let’s go to Duffy’s for some caffeine, then we’ll look this place over and see what needs to be done."

"I’ve already started a list." Jeremy beamed as he gave her a heart felt hug.

"Oh goodie." Daryl chuckled with a hint of fear.

PART TWO

The project of repairing the beach house quickly proved to be a massive undertaking. Daryl and Jeremy soon found themselves spending all their free time up at the beach house. Everything had fallen into disrepair. The work had already gone past Memorial Day and now, in mid-June, they were nearing completion.

Daryl loved every moment of the time with her brother. Over the past few years they had leaned on one another and at the same time distanced themselves. The renewed closeness proved to be good for both of them. Daryl had longed suspect the other motive behind Jeremy’s interest in fixing up the old beach house. She was hoping that her suspicions were right and that Jeremy and Lesley had rekindled their romance.

"You think it’s ready to have people up?" Jeremy inquired hopefully as they laid the last of the new carpeting in one of the two bedrooms.

"Are you thinking of anyone special?" she teased him as the burly man blushed. "I thought so." She chuckled. "So when did you start seeing Lesley again?"

"I uhm . . . ," he stammered. "I talked to her a couple times after Mom died. First just to thank her for the flowers she sent. Then after Dad’s wake, we went for coffee and, I don’t know, it was like nothing had changed."

"I’m happy," she reassured him. "So I guess I’ll get this room and the two of you get the one with the fireplace." She groaned.

"We’re taking things slowly," he said with a slight chuckle. "But I was hoping that we could invite her up next weekend. Being back here would be nice."

"So if she turns you down, I get to share the room with fireplace with Lesley. Cool," she teased him.

"You wish, Miss Stud Muffin." Jeremy laughed. "Sis, can I ask you something without you getting upset?" he added in a serious tone.

"Probably not." Daryl snickered.

"Why did you stop coming up here?" Jeremy inquired as he tacked down the last of the carpeting. "It was really strange. Right around the time you came out, you just seemed to disappear from our lives. The three of us had always been close since Lesley and I started dating back in high school. I wondered if maybe you had a thing for her."

"Eww," Daryl choked out in disgust. "Trust me. Hitting on Lesley would be like hitting on my sister. It wasn’t her. It was . . ." Her words suddenly caught in her throat as she recalled the weekend her life changed forever.

"Sis?" Jeremy said in concern as he put his tools down and sat down next to her.

She lay down her own tools and leaned against the wall they had painted the weekend before. She didn’t want to get into this but Jeremy deserved an explanation. She had always been close to her older sibling until that weekend. "Well . . . ," she began slowly, unable to meet his gaze. "It all started Fourth of July weekend back in 1989 . . ."

PART THREE

It was July 3rd 1989 and Daryl had gone to the beach house to enjoy the holiday with her brother, his girlfriend, and a large group of their friends. Her boyfriend, Brian, had been unable to attend. She was disappointed when she drove up to Cape Ann. After she arrived, Brian had vanished from her thoughts completely. Just out of high school she found herself surrounded by Jeremy and Lesley’s friends from college. The only person she really recalled meeting that weekend was Carrie.

Carrie had long golden blonde hair, stood five-foot-four, and Daryl instantly thought that she was the most fascinating person she had ever met. Carrie was Lesley’s roommate. She and Daryl were instantly joined at the hip from the moment the tall brunette had been introduced. They spent the day swimming, playing volleyball, and then drinking around the bonfire that night.

Maybe if Brian hadn’t completely slipped Daryl’s mind, or if she had mentioned him just once to Carrie, things might have turned out differently. Then again, Daryl reasoned in hindsight, meeting Carrie was meant to be. It was late and the two women were slightly buzzed as they sat with the rest of the group around the bonfire. Daryl had already convinced herself that her flushed features was due to the fire blazing before her and not the feel of Carrie’s knee brushing against her own.

She had also managed to convince herself that the rapid beating of her heart was from the excitement of the day and not from the casual brushing of their bodies. Of course she had no explanation as to why her stomach clenched tightly when Carrie leaned over and whispered in her ear, suggesting that they go for a walk along the darkened beach. Daryl only nodded eagerly in response, strangely unable to speak.

She would never forget the way Carrie’s hair glimmered in the glow of firelight or how her emerald eyes sparkled when Daryl accepted her offer. Unnoticed by the rest of the partygoers, the two women got up and walked off into the darkness. The sounds and scent of the ocean filled Daryl’s senses as they abandoned their footwear to walk in the surf. Their fingers brushed as they walked further away from everyone. Carrie’s smaller hand wrapped around her own and Daryl’s stomach began to quiver.

Still the brunette dismissed what was happening as her hand clasped Carrie’s tighter. Daryl found that she was watching Carrie’s movements as they strolled slowly down along the pounding surf. The small blonde was wearing cut-off jean shorts and a black tank top that covered her teal bikini. Earlier that afternoon Daryl had stared at the blonde when they arrived at the beach and Carrie revealed her skimpy bathing suit. Carrie had an amazing body and now Daryl found herself admiring the way her hair flowed as the wind swept off the ocean.

"Moon light suits you," Carrie offered as she smiled up at Daryl. "But then again, watching you on the beach this afternoon was nice too," the blonde continued in a delightfully husky voice.

"Thank you," Daryl responded as a wave of confusion washed over her. The tall brunette looked down at her khaki shorts and plain powder blue T-shirt that were covering her black bikini and thought she didn’t look all that special. She turned to find herself locked in a smoky emerald gaze and suddenly she felt very special. There was something about the way Carrie was looking at her that made her heart beat just a little faster and her lower anatomy pulsate in a steady rhythm.

Her mind was muddled as Carrie led her behind some large rocks. She could no longer see the bonfire and the voices of the rest of the party goers were a faint whisper. Her mind tried to will her to say something about rejoining the others but her body had other plans as she found herself stepping into Carrie’s arms. Somehow she convinced herself that she was only seeking shelter from the cool ocean air as she wrapped her arms around the smaller woman’s waist.

Her mind questioned her actions as Carrie wrapped her long raven tresses around her fingers and she found herself leaning into the smaller woman’s touch. Instead of walking away, Daryl pulled the blonde closer so that their bodies were touching. She felt the dampness growing between her trembling thighs as Carrie nuzzled her neck. She gasped as she felt the light feathery touch of Carrie’s lips caress her neck.

Her mind protested as she wrapped her fingers through Carrie’s hair and her hips swayed against the small blonde’s firm body. While her thoughts were screaming for her to run, she groaned in protest as Carrie’s lips left her neck. "I’ve been wanting to do this all day," Carrie said dreamily.

Daryl looked down in confusion, unable to comprehend what it was that the blonde was talking about. The fiery gaze from Carrie’s eyes explained everything to her. Instead of pulling away, she dipped her head as Carrie reached up. Their lips brushed and Daryl trembled from the heat. While her mind begged her to stop, she parted her lips and Carrie’s tongue slipped into the warmth of her mouth.

Her tongue greeted the blonde’s while her inner voice continued to protest. She shut the voice out as she felt Carrie’s small hand cup her breast. She became lost in the sensation of their tongues wrapping around one another as she cupped the smaller woman’s firm backside. Her clit was throbbing as Carrie’s firm thigh pressed against her center.

Daryl felt Carrie pull her T-shirt up and, instead of halting the blonde’s actions, she caressed the smaller woman’s backside. Carrie stepped back slightly and pulled Daryl’s shirt up and off her body. Instead of protesting, the brunette quickly reclaimed the blonde’s lips. She knew that she should put a stop to what was happening when she felt the ties for the top of her bikini being undone. Instead she undid the zipper on Carrie’s shorts.

As she felt the top of her bathing suit being tugged off her body, she pulled the blonde’s shorts down to her hips. She allowed Carrie’s shorts to fall to the sandy ground as the blonde’s lips began to once again caress her neck, working their way slowly down to the valley between her firm full breasts. Daryl moaned deeply as Carrie’s tongue traced the swell of her breasts. ‘Just what in the hell are you doing?’ her inner voice asked as she began to lower the bottom of Carrie’s bathing suit down her hips.

She ignored her inner voice. Her back arched when Carrie began to swirl her tongue around her nipples. It was a slow tantalizing torture as the blonde’s tongue circled her now erect nipples - first one then the other, but never touching the swollen buds themselves. Her chest heaved as her breathing became ragged. Daryl cupped the flesh of Carrie’s firm backside and began to knead it gently.

The blonde moaned against her breasts before pulling one of her nipples into the warmth of her mouth. Daryl cried out as her eyes fluttered shut. As if it had a mind of it’s own, one of her hands drifted up Carrie’s back. Her fingers fumbled to undo the ties to the top of Carrie’s bathing suit while the blonde suckled her breast.

Daryl growled in frustration as the knots of Carrie’s top refused to yield, having tightened from their swim earlier in the day. Carrie’s teeth grazed across her nipple, sending a jolt through her body. The surge of desire was too much for her to endure. She needed to feel Carrie’s skin. She tore the straps of the bathing suit as Carrie’s mouth moved to her other breast while her fingers captured Daryl’s now neglected nipple.

Daryl was panting hungrily as her hands moved quickly from Carrie’s back to her well-toned abdomen. The tips of her fingers burned as she felt Carrie’s skin respond to her touch. Carrie suckled her nipple harder as Daryl cupped the blonde’s breasts. She allowed herself to simply enjoy the weight of the smaller woman’s breasts.

Daryl felt her knees buckling as she cupped Carrie’s breasts and brushed her palm against the blonde’s nipples. The feel of Carrie’s nipples hardening from her touch made her wetter than she had ever been in her entire life. Carrie moaned deeply against her skin as she began to pinch and tease the blonde’s erect nipples. Daryl felt Carrie’s hips pressing against her own and she couldn’t stop herself from grinding her center against Carrie’s thrusting hips.

The brunette’s body trembled in disappointment as Carrie stepped slightly away from her. "Do you have any idea how hard it was to be around you all day and not touch you?" Carrie said to her in a needy tone as she began to remove her top. Both the tank top and the bra of the swimsuit went flying off into the darkness. Daryl was a mass of confusion as she drank in the sight of the half-naked woman standing before her, bathed in the light of moon.

Her confusion and her excitement grew as she watched small hands begin to lower the rest of Carrie’s swimsuit further down her hips. Daryl didn’t realize what she was doing when she sank to her knees in front of Carrie. She clasped the blonde’s hands tightly and halted her movements. She looked up into Carrie’s passion-filled eyes and took over the task of removing the rest of the smaller woman’s clothing.

Everything happened in a blur of excitement. It wasn’t until Daryl found herself kissing Carrie’s naked hips that she realized what she had done. The musky aroma of Carrie’s desire filled her senses and threw her into a lustful haze as she dipped her head down to drink in the tantalizing scent of her lover’s passion. She felt Carrie running her fingers through her long dark tresses. The feel of Carrie’s fingers massaging her scalp invoked another moan. Her eyes began to flutter shut when she heard Carrie’s voice. "Tell me what you want," Carrie offered in a breathy tone. "I’ll do anything . . . to you . . . for you," Carrie promised in a voice dripping with desire.

Daryl’s eyes snapped open as she realized she didn’t know what she wanted. Until Carrie had spoken she was completely unaware of what she had done. She was torn by the confusion screaming through her thoughts and the temptation of the damp golden curls that were a mere breathe away from her lips. As she struggled with what was happening, Carrie lowered her body down onto the sand.

Daryl could feel Carrie’s breath on her face just before she reclaimed Daryl’s lips. Once again, instead of resisting, Daryl found herself plunging her tongue into the warmth of Carrie’s mouth. As the brunette explored every inch of Carrie’s mouth she felt her body being gently pulled down onto the sandy beach. Carrie’s breasts brushed against her own and, instead of pulling away, she melted into the body that was now covering her own.

Daryl’s body sank deeper into the sand as Carrie began to kiss her way down her torso. The brunette felt the last vestiges of her clothing being removed and, as each article of clothing left her body, Carrie’s mouth quickly caressed the newly exposed skin. Instinctively Daryl parted her thighs as Carrie settled her body between them. The brunette released a feral growl as she felt Carrie’s tongue caress the inside of her thigh.

Never before in her life had she felt such an aching need to be made love to. Shamelessly she raised her hips up to Carrie’s eager mouth. She felt the blonde cup and lift her backside to bring her closer. Daryl draped her long legs over the smaller woman’s shoulders. She lifted her head so she could watch Carrie drink in her passion. A warm breath blew gently through her dark damp curls. She clutched frantically at the sand as the blonde’s tongue dipped into her wetness.

Daryl struggled to keep her eyes open as Carrie’s tongue glided slowly along her swollen nether lips. The brunette pressed her wetness deeper into Carrie’s touch; her mind was reeling as she lost herself in the pure ecstasy of the moment. She reached down and wrapped her fingers in Carrie’s long blonde hair as she guided her to take her deeper.

She shuddered Carrie’s fingers pressed urgently against the opening of her center. She cried out in pleasure as the blonde entered her and suckled her throbbing clit in her mouth. "Yes," she demanded as she thrust her hips against Carrie’s mouth. Her thoughts were filled with a deep-seated need to pleasure Carrie as she was now pleasuring her.

Emerald eyes twinkled up at her through the darkness. Carrie murmured with pleasure as she feasted upon Daryl’s overflowing passion. Daryl’s thighs trembled as her eyes slammed shut. She clutched wildly at the sand beneath her hands as Carrie’s fingers plunged in and out of her wetness filling her completely. "Ca . . . Car . . . ," she choked out, unable to speak coherently as her body exploded.

Carrie held her steady as she continued to pleasure her wildly with her mouth and her fingers. Daryl’s mind filled with crimson images as Carrie’s teeth grazed her clit and she added a third finger inside of her. Daryl’s body heaved as the climax tore through her. She felt herself going higher and higher; Carrie’s fingers stilled inside of her while her tongue flickered across her nub in a steady rhythm.

Daryl’s body threatened to trap Carrie’s as the blonde’s fingers began to slowly slip in and out of her center. Daryl fell over the edge once again, the feeling of pure ecstasy filling her completely as she once again cried out. Her body collapsed onto the sandy ground as the last waves of pleasure filtered through her.

Carrie nestled her head on her stomach, kissing her gently before slipping her fingers from the warm wetness of Daryl’s center. The brunette struggled to control her breathing while Carrie’s tongue ran slowly across her stomach. In a haze she looked down at her lover; the sight of the blonde lying there dipping her tongue into her navel made her body tremble with a desire.

Before she could think about what was happening, she managed to wrap the smaller woman up in her arms and roll her onto her back. Carrie pulled her down on top of her and captured her lips in a fiery kiss. She slipped her thigh between Carrie’s and felt the blonde’s wetness caress her skin.

Carrie slipped her thigh between Daryl’s legs and cupped the brunette’s backside. Daryl tore her lips away, gasping as she and Carrie rocked urgently against one another in a sensual rhythm. "God, yes," Carrie groaned as Daryl began to suckle the pulse point of her neck. There was something exciting about the way their bodies melted together and the feel of Carrie’s pulse beating steadily against her lips was driving the brunette insane with desire.

Her need to feel and taste every inch of the blonde’s body was her only conscious thought as her mouth and lips began to trail across Carrie’s milky white shoulders. Daryl slipped one hand between their swaying bodies. She moaned deeply as she captured Carrie’s breast in her mouth while her fingers glanced across the damp blonde curls. "Can you feel what you do to me?" Carrie implored her as her hands guided Daryl’s backside to thrust against her harder.

Daryl suckled the blonde’s nipple eagerly as she dipped her fingers into the sweet wetness of her passion. Uncaring of the sand and the cold that was surrounding them, Daryl plunged her fingers deep inside her lover while she teased her nipple with her tongue and her teeth. She could feel the walls of Carrie’s center grip her fingers while their hips continued to thrust against one another. "Come for me," she said, encouraging Carrie as her thumb teased her throbbing clit.

Carrie cried out in pleasure as she gripped Daryl’s body tightly. The brunette released her nipple from the warmth of her mouth and raised her body. She watched in amazement as she plunged her fingers in and out of the smaller woman. The sight possessed her and soon she found her tongue flickering along the blonde’s clit while her fingers continued to fill her.

For the first time in Daryl’s young life she found herself climaxing simply from the feeling of her lover climaxing from her touch. It was truly amazing and frightening at the same time. During the night she lost herself in the fiery exploration as they pleasured one another. Carrie showed her everything that night and she gave herself freely.

Daryl awoke as the morning sun peered through the clouds. She panicked when she realized that she was naked and had her arms around a naked woman. The realization of what had transpired the night before came crashing down upon her. Carrie lift her head and smiled sweetly at her. "Good morning," Carrie greeted her brightly as Daryl simply stared at the woman. Carrie blinked in confusion as she lifted her glorious naked body up off of Daryl’s. "I have sand in some very interesting places," Carrie teased in an effort to lighten the mood. "Do you think anyone will notice if we slip into the shower together?" she suggested playfully as she leaned in for a kiss.

Daryl jerked away quickly. "Daryl?" Carrie’s voice trembled as she called out to her. Daryl quickly scrambled to gather up her clothing. The brunette began to dress quickly, keeping her back to the young blonde. She was terrified to look at Carrie. "What’s going on here?" Carrie demanded from behind her. Daryl couldn’t answer, the words stuck in her throat as she finished putting her clothing back on. She hadn’t bothered with her bathing suit; she just need to get dressed and run.

"Fine," Carrie snapped from behind her. Daryl’s heart was pounding as she turned to find Carrie dressed in her shorts and tank top, holding what was left to her bikini in her hands. "Let me guess. You have a girlfriend and this was just a fling. I have the worst taste in women," the blonde grumbled.

"No, you don’t get it," Daryl spat out, uncertain at just who it was she was angry with. "I have a boyfriend."

"What?" Carrie gasped. Her face turned ashen and she sank to her knees.

"I was drunk last night. You should have never taken advantage of me," Daryl accused her. Her body trembled and her mind screamed that she was a coward.

"You’re straight," Carrie muttered absently as a crestfallen look clouded her delicate features.

"Of course I’m straight," Daryl screamed as Carrie stared thoughtfully down at the tattered remnants of the top to her swimsuit. "I was drunk last night and didn’t know what I was doing," Daryl lied, knowing that she was slightly buzzed but was by no means intoxicated when she found herself begging Carrie to take her again and again.

She watched as Carrie stood up on unsteady legs. When the blonde looked over at her, she knew that the lie was clearly written across her face. Carrie tossed the bathing suit top at the brunette. "You keep telling yourself that," Carrie said coldly before storming off. Once Daryl had regained what was left to her composure, she raced back to the beach house and packed her bags. She scribbled a quick note to Jeremy before driving home.

PART FOUR

Jeremy was still looking at her, waiting for Daryl to say something more. She’d been lost in the memory and now it was finally time to share it with someone else. "Do you remember that fourth of July weekend just before I came out?" she said hesitantly. Jeremy nodded, silently encouraging her to continue. "Brian couldn’t make it here for the holiday. I can’t recall why but I do remember not being overly disappointed by his absence. I was really looking forward to spending time with you, Lesley, and all your college friends. The parties you guys threw were always a lot of fun and, since I was about to start college in a few months, it was a thrill to hang out with an older crowd."

"We weren’t that much older," Jeremy scoffed as he gave his younger sibling a playful nudge.

"Hey, I had just turned eighteen," she countered playfully. "Back then those couple of years seemed like a big deal."

"What happened that weekend?" Jeremy asked in a quiet voice. "You left the day after you arrived. At the time I wondered if you were missing Brian."

"The day arrived I met Lesley’s roommate and best friend for the first time," she continued as a small smile emerged on her lips.

"Carrie?" he asked her with a hint of curiosity.

"Carrie," she confirmed as her smile grew brighter. "I didn’t know she was gay. Of course back then I had no idea that I was gay so the thought hadn’t occurred to me." Jeremy laughed lightly at her comment. "Sounds silly now, I know." She laughed at her own naivety. "Anyhow, from the moment I met Carrie I was quite taken with her. Only I didn’t know it. I was so naïve I didn’t think twice about the fact that she and I were practically joined at the hip from the first moment we met. That night during the party around the bonfire, we went for a little walk along the beach. Let’s just say that by the time the sun came up I was a lot less naïve."

"You and Carrie?" Jeremy responded with a smile of admiration. "Carrie’s a great girl."

"I know," Daryl confessed with a blush. "The next morning I was confused and I totally freaked out. I swore up and down that I was straight and that she took advantage of me while I was drunk."

"She didn’t, did she?" Jeremy flared with an overprotective growl.

"God no," Daryl reassured him instantly. "Even when I was saying it, I knew it was a lie. So did she," she added grimly. "I just couldn’t face her after that. If I thought she would be around, I avoided being with you guys. By the time I had dealt with my confusion and decided to swallow my pride, it had been a few years and I came up here for that last weekend you guys spent here. Carrie was with her girlfriend and pretty much avoided me like I was a bad memory. Which I guess I am."

"That was right before Lesley and I split up," Jeremy added thoughtfully. "I never did like that girl Carrie was seeing back then. Neither did Lesley."

"Well, Carrie seemed pretty fond of her," she stated bitterly as she recalled walking in on the two of them necking in the kitchen. "It bothered me seeing them together. All I wanted to do was tell Carrie the truth. Instead, I packed my bags and took off again just like I did the last time I had seen her."

"I wish I’d known this before," Jeremy said thoughtfully. "You know, Carrie dumped her before the weekend was over. They left not long after you did. Will it be a problem seeing Carrie again?" he inquired carefully. She stared back at him in confusion. "She and Lesley are still very close."

"Peachy," she grumbled. "I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. In the meantime, dear brother, we need to get back to work if we want this place presentable before the end of the summer." Having said that, the siblings returned to their labors.

PART FIVE

A week later Daryl pulled up alongside the beach house. She looked the house over and was pleased by all the work she and Jeremy had done. Her car was loaded down with groceries and a few household items she’d picked up over the past week. Jeremy’s truck and another car occupied the driveway. There wasn’t anyone she’d wanted to invite to their first party at the house. She frowned slightly, knowing that the other car was Lesley’s. She was excited about seeing Lesley again but she worried about being a third wheel.

She reached into the backseat of the car and retrieved a couple of boxes. Her view was blocked by the packages but she was determined not to make too many trips. She stumbled as she rounded the corner to the back porch. "I should have just let them come up here by themselves," she muttered under her breath.

"I was just thinking the same thing myself," a hauntingly familiar voice said.

Daryl’s breath caught as she lowered the boxes to see who had spoken to her. Her heart leapt when she saw her lounging on the back steps. Her hair was shorter and her body even firmer than she remembered. She noted the pensive look on her face as she waited for Daryl to say something. ‘I’m going to kill him,’ her mind growled. She noticed the blonde’s lips curling up into a hardened smirk and she realized that she hadn’t spoken. "Carrie," she finally greeted the woman warmly. "It’s good to see you," she added sincerely.

Carrie lowered her sunglasses and studied her carefully, searching for any signs of deceit. "Nice to see you as well," Carrie responded as she pushed her sunglasses back up. Daryl could still hear the wariness in the smaller woman’s voice.

"Where are the lovebirds?" Daryl asked as she shifted the packages in her arms. "Or shouldn’t I ask?" she added playfully.

"They went for a walk," Carrie responded lightly as she stood. "Let me give you a hand."

"Thanks. If you could just grab the top one," Daryl said, relaxing slightly. "So they just left you here?" Daryl continued as they made their way into the house. "In the kitchen," she instructed her guest.

"Please," Carrie scoffed. "Sitting around contemplating my navel lint was much more fun than watching the two of them making goo goo eyes at one another. I felt like we were back in college." Carrie laughed as she placed the box she’d been carrying onto the counter.

"Yuk," Daryl groaned as she put her load down on the table. She turned to find Carrie giving her on odd look as she drummed her fingers on the top of the box she’d carried in.

"Daryl?" Carrie began in a dry tone. "Are you trying to tell me something?"

Daryl stared at her curiously as Carrie continued to drum her fingers in a steady rhythm. It wasn’t until Daryl finally noticed the new toaster oven she had unwittingly given to Carrie to bring in that she fully understand. She howled with laughter as she crossed the room to join Carrie. She was pleased when the blonde giggled along with her. "Well, I guess I do owe you one of these," she said once she’d finally managed to stifle her laughter.

"Really?" Carrie inquired with a bold smile.

"Oh, look at how proud you are," Daryl teased the blonde. "Come on. Give me a hand with the rest of the stuff," she added with a playful nudge. "I’m surprised that Lesley never told you that I came out," she added as they stepped outside.

"She may have wanted to," Carrie said shyly. "I came out to her not long after we started our freshman year and she never had a problem with it. But after that night, whenever your name was mentioned I kind of made a mad dash out of the room."

"Oh?" Daryl said curiously.

"I just felt so terrible about not being supportive that morning," Carrie explained as they began to unload packages from the car. "I didn’t know it was your first time with a woman."

"You have nothing to apologize for," Daryl responded firmly. "I should have told you and I shouldn’t have accused you of taking advantage of me. It was a lie. I was just scared and confused."

"I can only imagine," Carrie said with a heavy sigh as they made their way back into the house. "I never told Lesley. I did wonder if I had taken advantage of you."

"Carrie," Daryl said firmly as the put the last of their cargo away. "Trust me. I didn’t do anything that night that I didn’t want to. My only regret was the way I acted towards you that morning. I wanted to tell you this years ago but the last time I saw you . . . well, you were otherwise engaged."

"Ugh . . . her." Carrie groaned. "Once again it was proof that I have no taste in women."

"Thank you," Daryl scoffed with a slight chuckle.

"Well, not to be insulting, but a straight teenager with a boyfriend," Carrie pointed out.

"Yeah, what were you thinking?" Daryl continued to tease her.

"I was thinking ‘wow, she is hot’." Carrie responded with a playful nudge.

"Thank you," Daryl responded with a shy smile. "I need some air. Want to go out onto the porch? The sun should be setting soon."

"I brought a bottle of wine," Carrie suggested.

"I always liked you," Daryl responded happily. "I brought glasses and a corkscrew."

They gathered up the wine and the glasses and headed out to the back porch. They sat on the swing she and Jeremy had hung a couple of weeks earlier. As they chatted, Daryl could easily see why she had fallen for Carrie the first time. She was beautiful, smart, witty, and charming. "So I get this message on my voicemail," Daryl continued, explaining what had happened between her and Shannon. "She’s canceling again." She emphasized the last word. "I don’t recall what we were planning on doing but there was something in the way her voice cracked. You know, the sound like you just woke up but it isn’t that. It’s the ‘I’ve just had really hot sex and now I need to drink a gallon of water’ tone."

"Ouch," Carrie responded with a cringe.

"After three-and-a-half years she couldn’t tell me the truth when I confronted her about it," Daryl continued. "In the end she handed me the old ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ line of crap . She moved in with her new girlfriend right away."

"Bitch," Carrie added in support.

"Cheers," Daryl offered as she refilled their wine glasses.

"My last girlfriend neglected to tell me that she was crazed psycho who was wanted by the police," Carrie offered as she sipped her wine.

"What?" Daryl choked on her wine. "You’re making that up."

"I swear it’s true," Carrie said. "I had no idea until I came home one day about three months ago to find that she’d cleaned me out. Just as I was about to call the police, they showed up at my door looking for her. It seems she liked to pass checks that were either stolen or worthless. I don’t even know how the cops got my address since we weren’t living together."

"Women." Daryl scowled. "Who needs them?"

"We do." They both giggled in unison.

"So do you like being an EMT?" Daryl inquired as she leaned slightly closer to Carrie.

"I love it," Carrie responded brightly. "Despite the crazy hours and the bad things you see, it’s worth it." Daryl lost herself in the steady rhythm of Carrie’s voice. "What about you? Social Services isn’t exactly a walk in the park," Carrie inquired.

"Like you said, the hours are crazy and you see a lot of things that will stay with you. But it’s worth it," Daryl responded proudly. "I forgot how quiet it is up here," she said softly as she absently caressed the back of Carrie’s hand.

"Hmm," Carrie responded with a contented sigh as she captured Daryl’s hand in her own.

Daryl felt a sense of warmth as she held the smaller woman’s hand. T hey listened to the crashing waves as they fell into a comfortable silence. Daryl turned and watched Carrie looking blissfully out at the darkened sea. She placed her wine glass down without releasing her hold on Carrie’s hand. The blonde turned to her and Daryl found herself lost in emerald eyes that twinkled at her in the moonlight.

She reached over and brushed a stray lock of hair from Carrie’s brow. "I must look like a mess," Carrie said softly.

"No," Daryl responded with equal tenderness as her breathing became shallow. "I think you’re beautiful." She was mesmerized by Carrie’s shy smile as they both leaned slightly closer to one another. "I’ve . . . ," she began. Suddenly words failed her as she felt Carrie’s breath caressing her face. She took the glass of wine from the blonde’s hand and placed it next to her own.

Carrie leaned in and nuzzled Daryl’s neck, feeling the beat of her heart. Daryl sighed happily as she captured the sweet scent of Carrie’s hair. "This is nice," she said softly as she slowly caressed Carrie’s shoulder. The sigh transformed into a moan as Carrie’s lips kissed the side of her neck. She ran her hands down Carrie’s back while the blonde placed soft delicate kisses along her jaw.

She looked down and found herself lost in a smoky lustful gaze. Their lips brushed slowly. Gone was the urgency of their youth, yet the fiery passion still smoldered. Daryl’s lips were still tingling from the brief contact when she reclaimed Carrie’s lips. The second kiss was just as brief yet seemed to linger. They caressed each other’s faces with their fingertips before kissing once again with a slow promise. The kiss deepened as their hands began to slowly explore.

As their tongues began a sensual duel, their hands grew bolder. Daryl began to unbutton the blonde’s blouse as Carrie’s hand slipped between her thighs. She moaned into Carrie’s mouth as the blonde cupped her mound. She slipped her hand under the lacy material of Carrie’s bra while the blonde used the palm of her hand to tease Daryl’s throbbing clit. She felt the zipper of her jeans being lowered as she began to roll Carrie’s nipple between her fingers.

The sound of someone clearing their throat startled them and they froze. Carrie giggled as she buried her face in Daryl’s shoulder. Daryl turned to find Jeremy and Lesley watching them with amused expressions. "Lesley!" Daryl greeted her old friend brightly and was about to stand when she realized that her hand was still firmly buried in Carrie’s bra.

"That’s okay. Don’t get up." Lesley laughed. "We’ll see the two of you inside."

Jeremy and Lesley were laughing heartily as they went inside, leaving the embarrassed couple on the porch swing. Carrie was laughing against Daryl’s shoulder. "She looks good, don’t you think?" Daryl quipped as Carrie’s head fell back in gales of laughter. Daryl couldn’t resist the sight and quickly claimed Carrie’s lips. She plunged her tongue into the warmth of the blonde’s mouth while she teased her nipple with her fingers. Carrie’s hand reclaimed its nest between her thighs and quickly resumed its steady motion.

The swing creaked beneath their wild rhythm and they broke apart gasping for air. "We have to stop," Daryl panted reluctantly.

"I know," Carrie whimpered in return.

Daryl stole one last kiss before the couple straightened their clothing and joined the others. The four of them enjoyed a simple dinner and chatted nonstop. All the while she and Carrie exchanged knowing glances that further fueled Daryl’s growing desire. By the end of dinner, the tall brunette could barely walk. The one saving grace was that she noticed Jeremy and Lesley exchanging the same teasing looks. She offered to clear the dishes and Carrie eagerly offered to help.

While they were washing the dishes, Daryl couldn’t resist brushing against Carrie’s body. The tiny whimpers and moans that escaped from the blonde made her body pulsate. Finally, as they were drying the last of the dishes, Jeremy and Lesley excused themselves and retired to the back bedroom. "I thought they would never leave," Carrie huffed as she tossed down her dishtowel and pulled Daryl in for a searing kiss.

Daryl melted into the kiss, recalling that the last time she’d felt this alive was the last time she’d held this woman in her arms. She pulled Carrie’s shirt out of her pants as she backed the smaller woman up against the kitchen counter. They broke apart when the need to breathe became too urgent. "Stay with me tonight," she whispered hotly into Carrie’s ear before dipping her tongue inside.

"Yes," Carrie hissed in response.

It was all the encouragement Daryl needed before sinking to her knees. She quickly undid and lowered Carrie’s jeans, pulling her underwear down at the same time. Carri,e with her pants down around her ankles, leaned back against the counter and opened herself up to Daryl.

The musky aroma of her lover’s desire filled the brunette’s sense as she dipped her tongue into Carrie’s wetness. "So wet," she groaned before slowly licking away each drop of passion. Carrie’s hips rocked forward, begging for more as Daryl clasped her firm backside. She felt Carrie clutching her shoulders as she plunged her tongue inside of her center. She plunged in and out of the blonde as Carrie’s hips thrust in a wild rhythm.

She drove her lover higher and then, just as she felt the blonde’s thighs trembling against her face, she withdrew. "No," Carrie whimpered in disappointment. The whimper evolved into a deep moan as Daryl’s fingers replaced her tongue. She suckled her lover’s clit in her mouth as her fingers plunged in and out of her wetness. Her mouth and hand moved in unison, quickly driving the blonde over the edge. Daryl clung to her lover, needing to pleasure her again.

Carrie gently pushed her away. Daryl looked up with desire and found her lover’s gaze mirroring her own. "Bed," Carrie said urgently. Daryl nodded in agreement as she reluctantly removed herself from the warmth of her lover’s passion. Somehow the couple managed to stumble into Daryl’s bedroom, stealing kisses along the way.

Once the door was closed the kisses grew in intensity while they slowly undressed one another. They tumbled onto the bed naked and their bodies melted together. Daryl’s body was pulsating as she pulled Carrie’s naked form down on top of her. They kissed hungrily as their fingers explored every inch of the other’s body. Their wetness painted skin and soon they were exploring one another’s mouth as fingers entered wet cores. As her lover’s fingers filled her and her thumb teased her clit, Daryl’s hand mirrored Carrie’s actions. Soon they were screaming in pleasure. They replayed every memory from their first time together and created new memories as the night wore on. Daryl was lost in the feel of Carrie’s body as the blonde straddled her, offering all of herself up to the brunette’s touch.

For the second time in her life, Daryl awoke to find Carrie’s naked body covering her own and this time she felt at peace. Carrie looked up at her with a smile. "Good morning," Daryl offered with a soft purr before kissing Carrie’s sweet inviting lips.

"Good morning," Carrie responded softly against her lips.

"I don’t think Jeremy or Lesley are in any hurry to get out of bed this morning," Daryl said in a breathy tone as Carrie’s body arched against her. She ran her tongue along the blonde’s neck.

Carrie pulled away slightly and captured Daryl’s face in her hands. "No running away this time," she cautioned her.

"Not a chance," Daryl reassured her before capturing Carrie’s lips in a slow sensual kiss.

 

THE END

send comments to yomavis@email.com

for updates, previews & The Wednesday Afternoon Series join Mavis' Egroup,

yomavis-subscribe@yahoogroups.com