DC Bardfest News

2 - 3 October 2004
Alexandria, VA, USA

http://www.dcbardfest.com/

 

Updated: 17 August 2004

ANNOUNCEMENT!   ARMISTEAD MAUPIN COMING TO DC BARDFEST!

October 2 & 3, 2004 - Alexandria, VA 

Benefiting the Starship Foundation and Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE)

Starring: Armistead Maupin (Author of “Tales of the City” series)

Also Speaking:
Linda Hill (Author of "Never Say Never" and "Change of Heart", among others)
Jean Stewart (Author of the Isis Series)
Radclyffe (Author of "Above All, Honor", "Safe Harbor", "Shield of Justice", and many more) 

And playing at the Saturday night dance: "That Girl Band"

DC BardFest (http://www.dcbardfest.com/) is a gathering of people committed to supporting up and coming writers, and especially those friendly to the Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered and Bisexual community. It is two-day event, with speakers, panels, and vendors from a variety of disciplines, all focused on the challenge of supporting emerging GLBT authors.  Authors, publishers, book dealers, and fans from across the nation and around the world converge on what is rapidly becoming an elite gathering.  Guest speakers come from a variety of disciplines, including well-known writers of science fiction, fantasy, romance, screenplays, and teleplays.

Not only is the DC BardFest itself a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we also take advantage of the opportunity each year to contribute to our favorite charities. 

Contributors, Supporters and Vendors at the DC BardFest have found that it is a rewarding weekend.  We look forward to the coming event with anticipation – of good will, of exciting events, and of ever growing participation.

Ticket prices rise after September 1, 2004, so get your tickets now, and join us in celebrating these up and coming authors.  Please visit the website if you have any questions or to get further ticket and hotel information.  Be sure to also join the update group to get the latest information on DC BardFest.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dcbardfest/join

Thank you,

Rosa Moran, Advertising Chair
DC BardFest 2004

 

[ Top ]

[ Return to AUSXIP - The Bard's Corner]

[ Return to AUSXIP - Lucy Lawless - Starship Foundation Page]