Disclaimers

Copyright: This story is copyrighted to the author Ó 1999 by T.Novan. Do not use any part of this story without my written permission. I may be contacted at TNOVAN@aol.com

Sex: This story contains scenes of two women making love. <smile> If this offends you, please don’t read my story. There are plenty of other wonderful stories out there.

Violence: There are scene of violence in this piece. If that offends please move on.

Comments: As always welcomed at TNOVAN@aol.com

 

 

The Claiming of Ford

By T.Novan

LOG THREE

Marra held her breath as she slipped the robes over Ford’s nude body. She smoothed the fabric over her shoulder and adjusted the meditation robes so the hung properly before she moved around to the front and pulled them closed, tying them off as she had been instructed.

She looked up into Ford’s face. She was already beginning her meditations and her eyes were closed, her breathing, calm and easy. Marra led her to the meditation bed and helped her recline into it. As soon as Ford was settled Marra began her other duties to her Master as she meditated.

First, she lit the incense and the candles. Then she moved to the coals. This part frightened her a little. She had no idea what level of awareness Ford had attained and she knew that this could be very dangerous if prepared improperly. She quietly moved to the coals and poured water on them to prepare them.

She glanced over to Ford who still reclined on the bed, in her trance. Marra finished with the coals and moved to her spot on the mat on the floor and knelt as Ford explained she should do. She remained quiet as she watched and waited. She glanced at Capri’s altar. It must be a wonderful thing to be allowed to meditate and worship. To find your place in Paradise and have it waiting for you.

She felt a little sad at the thought, then ashamed. She was sitting there feeling sorry for herself, when she should be rejoicing for Ford. If anyone she had ever met in her life deserved her place in Paradise then it was most certainly Garron Ford.

She wiped a tear from her cheek as Ford rose from the bed and moved silently to the coals. She dropped the long robe and took the first of ten steps across the hot coals. Marra cringed as she watched her Master walk, completely unclothed and unprotected from the heat of the embers. Ford didn’t seem to be in any pain and the walk didn’t seem to be concerning her in the least. She stopped at the fifth step and stood in the center of the ember bed. After about a half minute she took the other five steps to complete her walk. As she came to the end, she moved silently to the altar and lit a candle. Then she knelt on a small padded bench and began her prayers.

Marra rose and retrieved the robe. She walked around the coals and stood a few paces back from Ford and waited. She looked down at her own robes. They were beautiful and she hoped she had done everything correctly so she would be allowed to accompany Ford to meditation and wear them again. She had never imagined herself in anything so beautiful in her life. The Garron had chosen a long black robe for her, with silver threads running through it. To Marra it reminded her of Phoenix and Neyta. She allowed her fingers to caress the material as she continued the wait for Ford.

The slave looked to her Master for any signs of injury or discomfort and didn’t see a thing that might indicate she was in distress. Ford’s level of awareness must be that of an Omni Master.

Ford rose quietly, bowed to the altar then stepped back. Marra helped her into the robe, once again tying it off. They turned together and left the temple.

When the doors slipped shut behind them Ford smiled to Marra. "You did very well."

"Thank you Garron." Marra bent over placing the Garron’s slippers at her feet so she could slid into them then she slipped her own on.

"Most people can’t handle being quiet that long and they at least begin humming."

"I didn’t want to disturb your meditations."

"Thank you. I needed that."

"You don’t get to meditate often?"

"Not as often as I’d like. I spent a lot of time on the bridge."

"Well, today should be a day for you to do the things that you don’t get to do very often. What would you like to do next?"

"Hmm." Ford slipped her hand into Marra’s as they entered the lift that would carry them back to the deck where the Garron’s quarters were located. "How about a game of Makti?"

Marra looked to Ford who grinned and wiggled her eyebrows. "I’ve never played, but I’ll do my best."

"I promise to take it easy on you then."

"Un-huh." Marra took a deep breath as they left the lift and headed back to Ford’s quarters. "Why do I have a feeling I’m about to take a beating on the Makti court." She smiled as they entered.

Marra zipped up the silver and gold body suit that Ford had given her to play Makti in. Then she sat down on the bed to pull on the lightweight boots. She looked up slowly when Ford entered from the bathing chamber. She felt all the blood rush to her head as she took in the sight of Ford in the skintight black and red Makti uniform. Ford was already wearing the knee guards, shoulder guards and elbow pads that were required to play the game. She had her gloves in one hand as she stared down at Marra.

"How you doing with the gear?" She asked as she knelt before the little slave and picked up the knee guards.

"Takes some getting use to."

"Yeah it does."

"You’ll get it in time. In the meantime let me give you a hand."

"Ford you shouldn’t…."

"Shhh…now don’t tell me what I should or shouldn’t do."

"Of course Ford, I’m sorry." Marra dropped her head, a bit afraid she had offended.

"Hey, hey I was only teasing." Ford reached up and cupped the small cheek in her hand. "I only wanted to make sure the gear was on right. You could get hurt if it’s not."

Marra nodded, still afraid to speak.

Ford dropped to both knees, then rose up between Marras’s legs, making her lift her face. "What? What’s wrong?"

"You’re so kind."

Ford arched an eyebrow. "That’s a bad thing?"

"No Ford. I’m just…well…normally by this time I’ve at least been slapped back once."

"Anyone foolish enough to raise a hand to you should have it broken from their wrist."

Marra smiled.

"Now," Ford took a deep breath as she tried to get herself under control before she did something really silly. "Let me help you with the gear."

Marra stood in front of the mirror looking at herself in the Matki uniform. She wondered why Ford would even consider playing with her. She had only seen pictures of the game being played and she was completely at a loss for the rules. Then again, she considered rules didn’t matter when she had little hope of winning anyhow. Even if she stood a remote chance, one did not defeat a Garron. Even if you had to lose on purpose.

She turned when Ford returned to the room with her Matki stick in her hand. It was almost as long as she was tall with a long paddle at one end and the net at the other. Ford moved to a cabinet and removed a second stick. She looked to Marra and sized her up as she twisted the stick in the center and adjusted it. She held it up to her small companion.

"That should work. Of course you may adjust it, as you like. Shall we?"

Marra nodded as she took the stick and tested its weight. She followed her master out the door.

The Makti court was empty when they arrived. Ford was pleased that they had the place to themselves. She looked up in the gallery and pointed. "Once in a while people will watch from up there."

"Great." Marra mumbled as she looked up. "Everyone can see you beat me senseless."

Ford laughed a bit as she programmed in the request for the disks. "All right my little friend I’ll program slow disks to start just so you can get a feel for the game. At the level I normally play at, I’d wear you out in no time."

"I’ll bet."

"Okay. Here’s how we play. You see that the court is broken up into the sections?"

Marra noted the multitude of black and gold squares that made up the court. The entire room was broken into the three by three sections that alternated between the two colors.

"The object is to stay on your own color while using the disk to knock out the color of your opponent. There are two ways to do that." She pointed to the far forward wall. "You can try to knock out my squares by hitting the matching square on the far wall when you serve and return the disk. You can use either end of the Makti stick to do this. Follow me so far?"

"Yes Garron." Marra nodded as she looked back and forth between the wall and the floor that they stood on.

"Or you can try to knock it ‘out from under me’ by doing a ‘reverse’ and sending the disk to the floor at my feet. If you are going to try a ‘reverse’ you must announce it first. Got that?"

The blonde nodded.

"Good. Now if you try a ‘reverse’ the reason for the announce is to give your opponent the chance to move. Once a block of your color has been knocked out it will turn silver. If one of mine gets knocked out it will turn red. Once a block has been knocked out it will hold a slight electrical charge. If you step on it, you’ll know it."

Marra nodded again. She was accustomed to the feel of a shock. Slave prods provided a great deal of knowledge in this area.

"The final object is to block me in so I can’t move. Understand?"

"Yes Garron."

"Once you get a feel for the game we’ll move into the advanced rules like walking on the side walls, but let’s just get you playing the basics first okay?"

"Of course Garron."

"And Marra there is one other thing."

"Yes Garron?"

"If you absolutely hate this, you have to tell me. I don’t want you to do something you don’t like. Understand?"

"Yes Garron."

"Good." Ford moved to the disk dispenser and retrieved the glowing blue disk. "Ready?"

"As ready as I can be." She grinned as she gripped the Makti stick and turned to face the forward wall.

As much as she tried to figure it out, Ford could not comprehend the fact that she was standing on a corner wondering if she could get make the nine foot jump required to get to an open square. She shook her head as her little opponent snickered quietly.

"You’re loving this aren’t you?" Ford questioned as she twisted her stick in her hands still trying to decide on the jump.

"It is an interesting situation Garron." Marra replied as she held her Makti stick carefully balancing the blue disk in the net end.

"Why don’t you call a reverse and just get it over with?" Ford grinned as she leaned on her stick.

"I could do that, or you could just surrender." Marra grinned back and wrinkled her nose.

"Surrender? I’ll have you know little slave, Garron Ford has never surrendered. So," She smirked she he leaned over. "You’re just going to have to ‘knock it out from under me’ if you want the win."

"Okay." Marra turned at the waist and brought the stick up and over, shifting it slightly before the release that put a spin on it that made it impossible to block as it slammed down on Ford’s block.

Using the paddle end of the stick Ford pushed up and walked a step along the wall to try and get to a free square. A small misstep, however when the stick slid, caused her to come down on a ‘charged’ square.

"Game and match to gold." A computer voice stated as the blocks reset and returned to their normal colors. "Again Garron Ford?" The computer inquired.

"No, getting beaten two out of three today is more that enough for my ego."

"Very well."

Ford watched as the scoreboard cleared, she just shook her head and turned to Marra. "Well done."

"Thank you Garron."

"So do you like it?" Ford asked as she placed her hand on the small of Marra’s back and guided her to the door.

"Very much."

"Good. Next time however we’re speeding up the disks and going to advanced rules."

"Yes Garron." Marra grinned as she looked up at the tall woman.

"And you," Ford’s hand trailed up the woman’s back to rest on her shoulder. "Are going to fix me a huge lunch for beating me."

"Yes Garron. Any requests?"

"No, I’ll leave the details up to you. Just a hearty lunch."

When they returned to Ford’s quarters, the Garron put the Makti gear away, while Marra changed her clothes. She was slipping her shirt on, when she felt as if she was being watched. She turned, to find Ford standing in the doorway. Marra stood there, with her shirt perched around her elbows, as they stared at each other.

Ford stepped forward slowly, reaching out a hand to Marra. The slave held her hand out allowing Ford to grasp it. She felt herself slowly being pulled into the tall woman’s arms.

The embrace was gentle, Marra shivered as she felt Ford’s hands caress her back. Their eyes locked and time stopped for just a moment. Marra could hear her heart beating in her ears as she waited.

"You’re beautiful." Ford whispered as she trailed her hands up and down the bare back at her fingertips. "You’re beautiful inside and out." One large hand moved up the smaller woman’s back, to her neck. "I would," Ford swallowed hard. "I would very much like to kiss you."

"Yes Garron."

Ford stood there for a moment longer, staring deeply into those green eyes. She took a deep breath as she shook her head. "Marra I’d like to. I really would, but I can’t. I can’t take advantage of you like that."

Marra nodded slowly as she slipped her shirt up onto her shoulders. "I understand Garron."

Ford cocked her head at the disappointed tone in the smaller woman’s voice. She lifted the face that had dropped as her shirt was pulled on. "No Marra I don’t think you do. It’s not you. Please don’t think that. It’s me. There is something about you, something I can’t explain. Something I can’t put my finger on. Something so pure, I don’t want to ruin that for you. You should only be touched by the one who owns your heart, you should be allowed to find your own love."

"Ford I am a slave. I will never love. I will only serve. I hope to serve you. In anyway you see fit."

"Thank you." Ford whispered softly as she placed a soft kiss on the woman’s forehead and released her. She smiled and winked. "So, is my lunch going to be ready soon?"

"Yes Ford."

"What are we having?"

"I did some digging in the database and I found a recipe for an Earth dish call a ‘pot roast’ so I am recreating that for you." Marra buttoned her shirt as she watched Ford move into the bathing room.

"Sounds interesting." The tall woman began taking off her Makti uniform as she ran water into the bathtub.

"I think you will like it. Based on what was programmed into the dispensers as your favorite meals, you should find this pleasing." The slave turned her back to the door when the uniform started to come off, revealing broad, dark, muscular shoulders. "I’ve also come across a dish called ‘strawberry cheesecake’ that sounded to good to pass up." She continued as she crossed her arms and leaned against the wall.

"What is it?"

Marra listen as the water was turned off and the sound of Ford slipping into the tub echoed in her ears. The long and content sigh of her master cause a slight tingle to run through her entire body. "It’s a dessert dish. Apparently best consumed with that drink you call coffee."

"Ah, well, if it goes with coffee it must be good."

"I don’t know how you can drink it. It smells awful."

"Ah, but it tastes wonderful."

"If you say so." She laughed a little as she pushed off the wall. "Would you like me to put on some entertainment for you?"

Ford drew a deep breath and considered the question as she closed her eyes and sank a little further into the hot water. "Music I think. Delvian, classical. Early first century. Master Gephon’s Symphony Number Five."

Marra nodded and moved to the entertainment panel in the living area. She programmed the request, within seconds the soft music poured into the rooms of the quarters. "May I lower the lights Ford?"

"Yes please do."

"Lights half power." Marra moved back to the cooking area to check on the meal she was preparing. She smiled as she listened to the trickling of water that indicated Ford was washing. Assured that her meal was progressing, she moved around the room lighting small oil lamps.

Marra was resting in the living area of the quarters when Ford entered the room. She once again had donned the long black robe. Her hair was pulled back into a loose braid. "Are you sleeping?" She asked quietly, noticing that Marra’s eyes were closed.

"Oh no Ford." Marra opened her eyes and stood immediately.

"Sit back down and relax. That’s what I intend to do."

"Actually I should be checking lunch. I’m sure it’s about ready.

"It smells wonderful." Ford settled onto the sofa and relaxed into the cushions with a sigh. "It’s actually been a wonderful day so far. It’s been a long time since I’ve just taken a day off. Why don’t we eat in here instead of at the table?"

"As you wish Ford."

You know it’s all right just to say ‘yes’ or ‘all right’. There’s no need to be so formal with me all the time. Haven’t you figured out I’m not going to hurt you?"

"Yes."

"Please relax."

"I’ll try."

"Good. Can I help you with lunch?"

"No Ford, I’ll see to it."

Ford grinned as her brows rose to meet her bangs. "As you wish Marra."

The little slave rolled her eyes as she made her way to check on the meal.

"That," Ford sighed as she dropped her napkin to the table. "Was fantastic. That strawberry thing is very good. Add that to my list of favorites."

"I’m glad you’re pleased." Marra began gathering dishes.

"Leave those. Just sit with me."

Marra took a seat next to Ford with her hands in her lap. She wasn’t quite sure what to do.

"Marra do you have any dreams?"

"Ford?"

"Dreams. Things you would like to do."

"Slaves don’t dream Ford. What is the point? If you have no life outside the one of your master."

"What if you did? What if I gave you your freedom right now? What would you do?"

"You wouldn’t understand."

"Tell me." Ford curled up on the couch with her legs under her.

"I’d find another master. I don’t know anything but serving. I wouldn’t be able to survive on my own."

"Of course you would."

"No." Marra shook her head. "No I wouldn’t. I’ve never been anything but a slave. I’m lucky to be that and we both know it."

"How did you become a slave?"

"My parents were interned before I was born. Both slated to be terminated."

"Why?"

"They had broken the law, by wanting a baby and trying for me. My mother was close to delivery when they were discovered. They were arrested and jailed. I was born there in the jail. My mother begged the midwife to spare me. The midwife told the jailers I had died before birth, then she smuggled me out and sold me to a slave broker. I was raised and trained to be a slave. I was given the designation and sent to my first master. He was a Carron on a supply ship."

"Did he treat you well?"

"He beat me, but other than that he was not difficult to serve."

"Why did he beat you?"

"Because it suited him to do so."

"Do you know what became of your parents?"

Marra shook her head and gave a little shrug. "I would guess the execution was carried out. So you see, I have no dreams. No desires. I serve. That is my purpose. I was born to it."

"No, you were born to be loved. You were made a slave by circumstance."

"Still, no difference. I am a slave. I know nothing else."

"That’s not true. You know how to read, correct?"

"Yes."

"Then you know something else. You know as well as I do that most slaves don’t read. How did you learn?"

"I hid at night and taught myself."

"And you have initiative."

"My last master called it arrogance."

"The Carron?"

"No he was the one before. He lost me in a game of Kinat. Then I went to a Sarron aboard the Battleship Terrin. It was defeated. When Garron Danils’ soldiers boarded, I got through an airlock before it closed and was hiding there. I didn’t want to die."

Ford watched as a tear slid down Marra’s cheek, which she wiped away quickly to try and hide from the Garron.

"Come here." Ford opened her arms and the little slave slid into them. "There’s nothing wrong with wanting to live." She offered as she let her cheek rest on top of golden hair as her arms tightened around the trembling body next to her.

"But it shouldn’t matter if another slave dies. It’s not as if I’m important. I’m not like you, I don’t serve a real purpose."

"Yes you do. You make me happy."

 

TBC…

 


Return to The Claiming of Ford