General Copyright/Disclaimer:

Xena: Warrior Princess, Gabrielle and all other characters who have appeared in the syndicated series Xena: Warrior Princess, are the sole copyright property of MCA/Universal and Renaissance Pictures. No copyright infringement was intended in the writing of this fan fiction.

Romance Warning/Disclaimer:

The following vignettes depict romantic interludes between two beautiful women, Xena and Gabrielle. I hope you enjoy the romance.

A Dream For Every Star

by Zeta
zeta@sierranv.net

The sun had set in a blaze of red and gold, and the night was veiled in a misty cold. As Xena gathered some firewood, just thinking of her precious Gabrielle made her smile.

After dinner, Xena watched intently as Gabrielle prepared their bed and settled down next to the fire. Her evening ritual, Gabrielle took out a piece of parchment from her knapsack and began to write. Someday I’m gonna read her scrolls, thought Xena.

Stealing a glance in her sweetheart’s direction, Gabrielle caught Xena’s loving and tender eyes upon her.

Exhaling the cold, Gabrielle said, "Xena, it’s chilly and I need you to keep me warm."

"So, that’s all I am to you – a hot water bottle?" Xena slid out of her leather, lay down beside her companion and wrapped herself around her like a ribbon. Her gentle warmth surrounded and comforted Gabrielle.

"Oh, you’re much more than that, Xena. I can hardly wait to feel your arms around me when we settle down for the night." You touch me with tenderness and love; a place inside of me needs that - I need you!"

"I can’t think of anything that makes me happier than you, Gabrielle. I’m out of my head over you and I can’t think of anything but you!"

"Perhaps it’s the Furies." joked the bard.

"Even the Furies couldn’t defeat me, but you have conquered my heart, Gabrielle."

"Xena, do you remember the first time I kissed you under the stars?", a contented Gabrielle lifted her eyes to the night sky.

"Yes, Gabrielle, I think of that night often. It was the start of so many nights like this one and I shall cherish that memory always."

Gabrielle put her soft hand to Xena’s warm cheek. Gabrielle had the most expressive hands Xena had ever seen. She could feel the radiance of love pouring through them from her heart.

As if piecing together a mystery, Gabrielle resumed her gaze at the stars.

"Xena, do you believe there is a dream for every star?" asked the philosophical bard.

"Yes, I believe because my wish came true."

"What did you wish for, Xena?"

The look of love in her eyes, Xena replied, "My wish was you, Gabrielle. Your love is the greatest gift of all."

"Oh, Xena – you gave me everything when you gave me your heart. I’m going to spend the rest of my life loving you. Promise me you won’t ever go."

"You already know that even in death, I will never leave you. Gabrielle, you’ll always be my life." Gabrielle returned the loving look and Xena locked her in her arms.

"Goodnight, Warrior Princess." "Goodnight, Amazon Queen."

Fitting snugly into her lover, Gabrielle drifted into a peaceful sleep, confident that there was a dream for every star and that it would never fade away.

 

"Xena, if I eat another strawberry, you’ll be picking me out of those trees – I’m hungry."

"So what else is new?"

"XENA!"

"Okay, okay, I’ll go down to the stream and catch some fish. I told you - whatever Gabrielle wants, Gabrielle gets."

"How about salmon, Xena?"

"Very funny, Gabrielle."

Gabrielle didn’t have to twist Xena’s arm because she had only two obsessions – Gabrielle and fishing. Eagerly, she headed for the stream and Gabrielle decided to rest her eyes a minute longer. She fell asleep and drifted into a fantasy. This is what she dreamed…

Grinning ear to ear, Xena walked into the water and put her ear to the task of catching some breakfast. What she heard was more than squirmy fish. Sensing danger, she back-flipped out of the water and landed on the shore, sword in hand, and battle cry in full-force.

Unconsciously, her mouth fell open. She couldn’t resist staring, as the most beautiful woman she had ever seen glided gracefully toward her. Her beauty surpassed even Athena’s - long, silky blonde hair and golden luminous skin, firm body and delicate features.

Their eyes met and Xena felt a powerful urge to touch her. Erotic chills ascended up her spine.

What’s happening to me? thought Xena. Feeling uncomfortable, she broke their gaze.

"Please forgive me, I didn’t mean to scare you. My name is Gabrielle and I was only watching you fish. Thought I might learn something, I’m not having much luck at it today."

"Don’t scare that easy, I’m Xena." Xena went to shake the beauty’s hand and realized she still had her sword drawn and sheepishly put it away.

"Will you teach me to fish?" said the beauty with the sweetest voice.

"Yeah, sure."

"Did you forget your fishing pole?"

"No, I use my bare hands.", proclaimed the Warrior Princess, hoping to impress.

"Oh, how exciting! But, I think I better use my pole."

"I think you’re right." Xena took the pole, baited the hook and cast the line into the river. "There, try that."

Xena raised an eyebrow as Gabrielle took the pole from her hands and attempted to cast it into the water. It didn’t make it past the riverbank.

"Oh dear!" sighed Gabrielle.

"Here, let me show you how it’s done." A confident grin lit up Xena’s face.

Xena grabbed the fishing pole, put her muscular arms around Gabrielle and placed the pole in her hands. The beauty’s skin was velvety smooth to the Xena’s fingers.

Gabrielle turned her head around and smiled at Xena, her glistening lips called out to her.

Gods, I’m in big trouble, thought Xena. She couldn’t put her finger on it, but Xena knew there was some mysterious force at work. How else could she explain the sudden attraction?

Like a tiny flash of lightning, their eyes met once again. As if seduced by a fantasy, her cravings were beyond control. The lightning captivated Xena and she held Gabrielle’s head like a cup and began drinking from her mouth. They kissed until it became a torture.

"Oh, Xena…I really like fishing."

"Mmmm…me too.", moaned Xena.

A crackling noise startled Gabrielle. She woke up saw Xena coming up the path with her breakfast.

"Xena, did you ever have one of those dreams that you didn’t want to wake up from?"

"Was I in it?"

"You have to ask?"

"Well?"

"Well, in my dream, we did not meet in Potadeia. We met fishing."

"Did we catch any fish, Gabrielle?"

Gabrielle flashed one of her innocent smiles.

"You have to ask?"

Xena couldn’t resist staring, as the most beautiful woman she had ever seen glided gracefully toward her…

 

The Warrior Princess and the Amazon Queen walked in silence until Gabrielle’s curiosity got the best of her.

Stopping in her tracks, the bard asked, "Where are we going, Xena?"

"You know, I thought we’d take a little vacation. How does that sound, Gab..?"

"YES!" Before Xena even finished her sentence, Gabrielle was jumping up and down with excitement. She threw down her staff, ran into Xena’s arms and rested her head in her big cozy chest. "No fights, no battles, just some rest…relaxation…and you."

"We’re going to the Island of Mythica, Gabrielle." Xena stroked her lover’s blonde hair and was delighted to see her love so happy.

"I thought the Island of Mythica was only a legend?"

"That’s what most people believe. It’s real, but it’s also rumored to be sacred ground of the gods and taboo for mortals. Still want to go, Gabrielle?"

"Do Bacchae bite, do Banshee fly, do...?"

"Alright, I get the point."

"Hmm…you really do need a vacation, Xena."

They set out for Mythica. When they reached the ocean’s bank, the island sparkled like an emerald beckoning them towards it.

"How do we get to the island?", inquired Gabrielle.

"Take my hand…close your eyes… and listen carefully.", whispered Xena.

Gabrielle grasped her soulmate’s strong hand, closed her eyes and listened intently. There was a cool peaceful feeling in the air and just holding Xena’s hand calmed her.

Suddenly, the most hauntingly beautiful music drifted in from the island.

"Invite the music in, Gabrielle."

Gabrielle’s resistance crumbled and she allowed the music to caress her being. A magical bridge appeared and the soundstream of musical rhythms carried the travelers across the bridge to the Island of Mythica.

Greeted by the sounds of rushing water, they opened their eyes and beheld a beautiful blue sky and a glorious waterfall. Proceeding in silence, their eyes said more than words ever could. Stepping beneath the waterfall they let its loving essence shower down upon them.

Totally free to be themselves, they removed their clothing and stepped into the shallow end of the pool at the edge of the waterfall. The water was the perfect temperature as they let it caress and heal their tired bodies.

Stepping out of the water, the lovers spread their blanket on the sand and collapsed onto the ground. Still hearing the enchanting musical rhythms, they gazed at the beautiful blue sky. The majestic mountain peeks disappeared into the sky and the sun warmed their nakedness.

"Gods Xena, I don’t know what to say, I’m speechless."

"Quick give me one your scrolls, I’m going to write that down – this sunny day on the Island of Mythica, Gabrielle was speechless."

"Very funny, Xena." Gabrielle flashed one of her smirky looks.

"Alone at last!", exclaimed the Warrior Princess as she ran her fingers down Gabrielle’s famously firm abs. "Gabrielle…your body is burning hot!"

"Hmmm, I can’t imagine why. I don’t stand a snowballs chance in Tartarus here!"

"Has the Island of Mythica enchanted you?"

"A sweeter place I’ve never known, but your touch arouses my flesh like a flower to the heat of the overhead sun. You are the master of my heart, you are my love."

"Gabrielle, you are not only the love of my life – you are my life. When I think of all the endless day and night I spent without you…"

Moved by Xena’s tenderness, Gabrielle plunged her erotic eyes into Xena’s and offered her mouth to her. Xena had a passion for her lover’s mouth and covered her with kisses, pressing her tongue against the beauty’s ivory teeth.

Feeling the joys of the day running through her body, Gabrielle said, "Xena, let’s do all the things we ever wanted to do and make up for all those days and nights." Xena trembled with immense joy.

The waves rolled in at their feet and the sounds of the surf echoed their beating hearts. With vigorous sensuality, they worshiped each other bodies and made love under the passionate sun until the light became moonlight shining upon their skin.

"Xena, I thought you said Mythica was taboo for mortals, but I feel safer than I’ve ever felt in my life. I feel like we’ve died and gone to heaven."

"Perhaps we have, Gabrielle."

(There is a dream for every star, see you again soon.)

zeta@sierranv.net


Return to The Bard's Corner