DC Bardfest News

2 - 3 October 2004
Alexandria, VA, USA

http://www.dcbardfest.com/

 

Updated 29 September 2004

Cavalier Press is excited to announce Malicious Pursuit by KG MacGregor and Crystal's Heart by BL Miller and Verda Foster will debut at DC BardFest.

Malicious Pursuit - Ruth Ferguson, fleeing with her small daughter from her abusive ex-husband. Spencer Rollins, on the run from Federal agents who appear to think she is the chief suspect in a murder case. When the paths of the fugitives cross, they are forced to trust each other to outwit their pursuers and unravel a dark conspiracy.

Crystal's Heart - Crystal and Laura are poles apart. Bamboozled into becoming housemates, they are both amazed when friendship blossoms. The women help each other to reclaim their lives from the past and in so doing, find a future together.


Read interviews with KG MacGregor and Verda Foster as well as excerpts from both books on our web site - http://www.cavalierpress.com

 

Updated: 21 August 2004

 

 

Two more weeks and counting for the literary event of the year!

DC Bardfest 2004 - October 2-3, 2004!

 

This is your opportunity to attend a two-day event, with speakers, panels, authors, publishers, book dealers, and vendors from across the nation, and a variety of disciplines, all focused on the challenge of supporting emerging Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, and Transgendered authors.

 

This year’s event is starring Armistead Maupin.  Author of such great published works as, “Tales of the City” series, “Babycakes”, “Significant Others”, “Sure of You”, “Maybe the Moon”, and “The Night Listener”.

 

Guest speakers include:

 

Linda Hill (author of such published books as “Change of Heart”, “Class Reunion”, “Never Say Never”, and “Treasured Past”)

Jean Stewart (author of such published books as “Emerald City Blues”, and the Isis series – “Return to Isis”, “Isis Rising”, and many more)

Radclyffe (author of such published books as “Above All, Honor”, “Safe Harbor”, “Shields of Justice”, and many more)

 

Also confirmed attending and participating in discussion panels and/or autographing sessions are other wonderful published, or soon to be published, authors such as:

 

Alex Mykals (“Adeptus Major”)

Blayne Cooper (“Madam President”, “The Last Train Home”, “Cobb Island”, etc.)

Di Bauden (“Nurturing Souls”, “A Saving Solace”, etc.)

I. Christie (“Queen’s Lane”)

Jane Fletcher (“Lorimal's Chalice”, etc.)

Jessica Casavant (“Twist of Fate”, “Walking Wounded”)

JP Mercer (“Incommunicado”, “Threads of Destiny”)

K. Darblyne (“The Fellowship”, “Up In The Air”)

Katlyn (“Code Blue”, “Storm Surge”)

KG MacGregor (“Shaken”, “Malicious Pursuit”)

Lara Zielinsky (“Turning Point”)

Larisa (“Body Parts”, “Buried Prejudices”)

Lori Lake (“Under the Gun”, “Gun Shy”, “Different Dress”, etc.)

Lynn Ames (“The Price of Fame”)

Nann Dunne (“True Colors”, “Staying In The Game”, etc.)

Robin Alexander (

Roselle Graskey (“October Echoes”)

SX Meagher (“I Found My Heart In San Francisco”)

T Novan (“Madam President”, “The Claiming of Ford”, “Words Heard In Silence”, etc.)

Taylor Rickard (“Words Heard In Silence”)

Vada Foster (“Josie and Rebecca: The Western Chronicles”)

Verda Foster (“Crystal’s Heart”, “The Chosen”, “These Dreams”, etc.)

 

Not only is the DC BardFest itself a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we also take advantage of the opportunity each year to contribute to our favorite charities.  Each year, we select two charities and any profit from the event proper plus the proceeds of fundraising auctions conducted by the participants are contributed.  Benefiting from this year’s event are the Starship Foundation and Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE).  We are also conducting a “Toys and Clothing Drive” for the Starship Foundation.  Please visit our website for details.

 

As an added bonus, on Saturday evening, there is a dance scheduled with a live band… starring “That Girl Band” (http://www.thatgirlband.info/) – Brea Hawk, Ms. Angela, and Carrie Ryan.

 

For those visiting the Washington DC area for the first time or for those who have just never had the opportunity to visit some of the monuments in the evening, we are offering tickets to the very popular tour, “Monuments by Moonlight”.  This tour was a hit last year and is back for a repeat. The trolley will pick up passengers at the hotel at 7:00pm Sunday night and the tour lasts approximately 2 1/2 hours.  The trolley is wheelchair accessible. Visit their site (http://www.historictours.com/Washington/Monuments/FrontPage.htm) for more information about the tour, including the monuments visited.  Please note:  Deadline for purchasing tickets for this tour is September 25, 2004.

 

Tickets for DC Bardfest and/or the Monuments by Moonlight tour may be purchased online or by mail.  Visit our website for details. (http://www.dcbardfest.com/) Time is running out so hurry!


17 August 2004

 

 

ANNOUNCEMENT!   ARMISTEAD MAUPIN COMING TO DC BARDFEST!

October 2 & 3, 2004 - Alexandria, VA 

Benefiting the Starship Foundation and Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE)

Starring: Armistead Maupin (Author of “Tales of the City” series)

Also Speaking:
Linda Hill (Author of "Never Say Never" and "Change of Heart", among others)
Jean Stewart (Author of the Isis Series)
Radclyffe (Author of "Above All, Honor", "Safe Harbor", "Shield of Justice", and many more) 

And playing at the Saturday night dance: "That Girl Band"

DC BardFest (http://www.dcbardfest.com/) is a gathering of people committed to supporting up and coming writers, and especially those friendly to the Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered and Bisexual community. It is two-day event, with speakers, panels, and vendors from a variety of disciplines, all focused on the challenge of supporting emerging GLBT authors.  Authors, publishers, book dealers, and fans from across the nation and around the world converge on what is rapidly becoming an elite gathering.  Guest speakers come from a variety of disciplines, including well-known writers of science fiction, fantasy, romance, screenplays, and teleplays.

Not only is the DC BardFest itself a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we also take advantage of the opportunity each year to contribute to our favorite charities. 

Contributors, Supporters and Vendors at the DC BardFest have found that it is a rewarding weekend.  We look forward to the coming event with anticipation – of good will, of exciting events, and of ever growing participation.

Ticket prices rise after September 1, 2004, so get your tickets now, and join us in celebrating these up and coming authors.  Please visit the website if you have any questions or to get further ticket and hotel information.  Be sure to also join the update group to get the latest information on DC BardFest.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dcbardfest/join

Thank you,

Rosa Moran, Advertising Chair
DC BardFest 2004

 

[ Top ]

[ Return to AUSXIP - The Bard's Corner]

[ Return to AUSXIP - Lucy Lawless - Starship Foundation Page]