KIDNAPPED

by Xenaslaves

This story was written without the knowledge or consent of MCA/Universal and is not intended to infringe on any copyrights. This story is for intended for mature readers over the age of 18 as it contains both violence and explicit love scenes between two women. Be advised the story does contain sexual violence against some main characters! Please gain permission before copying and/or publishing any or the entire story.

If you have any comments. Email Me...

Chapter 13

Callisto waited patiently against the doorway, with her sword in one hand, a whip in the other. With slow movements, she turned to face the open area of the room. Aggression and madness filled her dark eyes contrasting so beautifully with her dirty blonde hair. She was a perfect vesicle of evil, hidden behind such delicate features that corrupted your mind instantly. Her enraged facial expressions showed her obvious frustration with the whole situation. Nothing had gone correct with Ares' plan, making her think that she'd either have to seduce them again, or kill them...
Nah... Seducing them again sounded pretty good to the demented warrior.
Killing them would only rob her of the delicious pleasure she knew the two could give her. She had to have them quiver at her touch to make them hers once more. Then and only then could they be used as her own army to fight for the capture of precious Gabrielle. Callisto knew taking the Queen as her own would end future struggles between her and the mighty warrior princess. For she would then own Xena's soul, leaving her completely vulnerable to Ares' seductions. What a perfectly calculated plan they had created, getting the women they desired, destroying the Amazon nation, and getting their thrills by completing it. A slight wind breezed past her body, sending small trembles across her soft pale skin. The smile that presented itself on her face was conniving and spiteful, as she watched the god of war appear before her. He held one Amazon with each arm, allowing them to struggle against his hold.
Callisto laughed at the sudden panic that overcame their faces when they saw her. She hadn't seen them since the day she had seduced them both by the river. She closed her eyes, allowing the images of pure sex with the two Amazons to overtake her. Callisto ignored the screams coming from the two women as she allowed her mind to quickly flashback to the scene by the river. Her thoughts unconsciously regressed back to that event of seduction, slowly playing over in her mind.

She had tricked them by using her captivating methods and in the end, both women had sexually pleased her and she them. She could see her body lying comfortably between Shae and Eileen, slowly coming to her peak of orgasm. The Amazons soft hands exploring her naked skin. The idea that they were being unconsciously forced combined with the chaos of the situation made it perfectly sensual and erotic. It was hard to figure out who was touching whom, but it didn't matter. Callisto was in the middle of them, receiving all the pleasure, and they loved it. All that was important was the rush of lustful sex that filled the air. The hard penetration of those fingers, deep within her making her madness grow, as she arched her breast into the mouth of the remaining woman. Three naked figures pressed beautifully together, as hands explored all aspects of each other's bodies.
The sounds of moans and groans were growing louder with every moment. The temptation of giving pleasure was tremendous, which drove Callisto to nudge her lovers into new positions.
Eileen, the more submissive of the two moved to the side as Shae rolled over on her back, her knees bent. Callisto signaled for Eileen to take her place next to Shae and assume the position. The Amazon quickly obeyed the command lying on Shae's right side, her face full of desire and lust. Callisto could feel the wetness dripping from her center due to the excitement. She could watch as her fingers plunged in and out of the two withering bodies, screaming for their own release under her touch. The action sent shivers up Callisto's own body adding to her satiated release a few moments earlier.
"CALLISTO!"
Callisto twitched at the sound of Ares' harsh voice bringing her mind back to the area of the dungeon. Her face took on an irritated look at the rude interruption that caused the erotic images in her head to dissipate. Frustration formed between her aching center at the thought of making the Amazons climax once again. Looking at their frightened faces, she knew she'd have to force them to comply, which added to her excitement.
Callisto stood motionless as she watched the struggle occurring between the god of war and the Amazons. "Ares calm them!" She moved toward him to assist.
Ares grabbed Eileen by the hair and tossed her over to the side of the room where she struck the wall face first. Her body soaked the impact of the hard hit as she collapsed. Ares smiled at his cruel behavior as he watched Eileen fall semiconscious onto the cement floor. Shae remained kicking and screaming against the Gods mighty strength but nothing worked. Ares made his famous smirk before lowering his arm, taking the Amazon to her knees. As much as Shae fought against his grip, nothing would allow her to tear away. She lowered to her knees, her eyes continued to dart around watching Callisto who remained laughing at the scene.
"Bow down to your goddess... Amazon!" Ares casually stated.
"She's not my...."
"ENOUGH!" Callisto moved up so that she stood directly in front of the babbling woman.
"I am your goddess."
A hard slap connected with Shae's upper cheek. Her eyes fiercely connected with the Amazon. " Never forget that!" She slowly looked away.
"Ares... How should we punish our young betrayers?" Ares shrugged his shoulders in annoyance. " Whatever Callisto... let's just get on with it!" Ares tightened his grip on the young Amazon's hands. Her sharp intake of breath caused her chest to rise in response to the pain. Soft whimpers of agony could be heard making the experience much more exquisite for the captures. The floor was rough, causing Shae's knees to become scratched and bruised from her constant struggle. Shae's eyes met Callisto's once again, only this time they were filled with pure disgust and utter emotion. The warrior started to lower to her knees when Shae spit in her face with anger. A hand reached out and secured itself around Shae's throat.
"No, no, no.... that's not how we play Amazon!" Callisto slowly lowered to her knees so that she was parallel to Shae's dark eyes. "You remember how I play..." Callisto smiled. "Don't you Amazon?"
"Stop Callisto! Let her…" Eileen attempted to rise and come to the rescue, when Ares used his hand to send a shock into Eileen's person. She lowered to her knees, before placing her head to rest within her hands.
" She's almost as annoying as Xena's brat." Ares commented.
He looked up to concentrate on Callisto who held her leather whip in Shae's angry face. "You've been a bad little girl Shae!"
"Go TO TARTARUS!"
Callisto couldn't help but laugh at the remark. "Been there... Didn't enjoy it much."
Shae opened her mouth to speak when she felt Ares' hand against her mouth. His lower body had repositioned tightly against her back, further constricting her movement. Callisto tossed the whip to the other corner of the room then moved forward to softly brush her lips against Shae's revealed cleavage. This caused the Amazon to instantly shiver at the sensation of those wet lips against her skin. "Ahh... So my touch still affects you?"
Callisto smiled up at Ares to receive the same grin back. Shae was so involved that she didn't notice the soft cries coming from Eileen who pleaded for Callisto to stop. Eileen knew something about Callisto's touch held a hypnotic spell over them, leaving them helpless. She used all her strength to scream, but was quickly stopped by the god's overpowering voice that ordered silence. After the god sent rushing pain though Eileen, he focused back on Callisto. He brushed his hand from the Amazon's mouth, to allow Callisto more access to their victim's neck and lips. Callisto used her tongue to explore all sides of the Amazon's neck, as her hands found their place on Shae's breasts. The Amazon's eyes remained closed, but it was obvious that she was losing control once again.
"Gods help me..." she whispered before moaning with absolute pleasure from the sensation. Ares lifted Shae's chin so that he could look into her eyes. She responded perfectly by opening them to reveal her black stricken orbs for the God. However a glimpse of her hesitation was still obvious, due to the fact that she struggled against his hold. "Almost there Callisto. Keep it up."
Callisto trailed her tongue from her neck and slowly ventured to the apex of the Amazon's center. The sounds of heightened cries of pleasure escaped the Amazon's lips, as Callisto's tongue began its playing. She was panting with frustration and need to be ravished and devoured by this goddess of Chaos. "Got her!" Ares laughed.
Callisto was crunched down with her mouth resting on the Amazon's center, her tongue occasionally licking the skin around her lower abdomen. Shae's voice shook with desire, taking slow jagged breaths as she tried to deny it. "Mm that's it my Amazon. Let me hear you." It was such a turn on for Callisto to see the Amazon struggle against her touch. Shae bit down on her lower lip trying not to comply with this demon's evil request but the mission was a hard one. Callisto's mouth had trailed down the side of her leg to rest itself between her spread legs. The positioning was hard for Callisto to have full access due to the placement of Shae's body. " Hold her tightly Ares!"
Callisto lowered further, still on her knees and placed her fingers within the wetness of her counterpart. Shae groaned with madness, she could feel herself losing control, as those fingers penetrated her like no other before. She was unable to move or struggle at this point. Callisto's hand fit comfortably within the warm passage of Shae's wetness as her tongue licked across the pelvic bone, for further teasing. Shae's pants rapidly increased with every thrust, even though she fought hard against it. Her teeth aggressively held her bottom lip trying not to make a whimper, and failing horribly. Ares watched from above with a neutral expression, even though it was obvious he was aroused. His concentration was directed on Callisto's hand, coming in and out of Shae's body.
Eileen remained frozen from Ares' painful distraction, yet she still managed to move her head and view this horrible action. She tried to scream several times but nothing escaped her. It was obvious to her that Shae was enjoying this, and entering Callisto's spell perfectly. She watched her chest expanding furiously, her mouth hung open allowing small cries of pleasure to flee her. After a few moments, Eileen closed her eyes in disgust. She no longer wanted to see this cruel action occurring, yet she still had to listen to it.
Ares was practically salivating, as he closed his eyes to hear those glorious sounds of obvious submission and pure lust. He heard the thrusts cease as Shae came all over Callisto's fingers. As she came, her attackers lost their concentration and Ares loosened his grip on the young Amazon. Shae remained panting for air, with a wicked smile across her face. "Glad to have you back Shae."
Callisto smiled at her crazed Amazon then moved away. Before Shae had a chance to capture those warrior lips, Ares backed away from the scene. He smiled at his achievement before looking over to find the two women stuck together by the mouth, tearing their tongues in and out of each other's lips. "Callisto! Could we stay focused please!" Callisto and Shae ripped apart from each other and simultaneous glared up at the frustrated god. "Be quiet Ares!" Ares sighed in anger, before physically rushing over to tear them apart. "Look...Xena will be here soon. We need to prepare." He signaled his arm over to Eileen who was still crunched on her knees in the corner. Callisto's eyes found their place on Eileen's helpless body. "Oh ya… forgot about her." She turned back to face Shae, "Should we both take her?"
"After you goddess."

"Xena? What is it?"
"Shh...Gab..."
Xena rose, her shoulders held straight and ready for an attack. She moved over to the sound by the trees. Her sword safely secured by her powerful hands, she prepared herself for any intruder. As she came around the tree, she swung the sword and struck a hard object, metal stuck metal, and then the attacked ceased. "Ephiny! WHAT..."
"Xena.... What are you trying to do? Kill us?" Ephiny lowered her sword as an expression of peace, and waited for the warrior to do the same. Seconds later Xena complied still startled by the encounter. Ephiny stood brave and tall with Castera directly behind her. Before anyone spoke, a soft whisper stole their attention.
"Ephiny...how's Sarina?" All turned at the sound of the Queen's question, but no answer was given. "MY queen!" Castera rushed over to where Gabrielle sat by the water, reaching her seconds after Ephiny did. Ephiny placed her hand to rest on the Queen's forearm, which lay over her bare chest.
"What happened to you?" The Regent looked at her young Queen's condition with amazement. She didn't understand how such a terrible thing could have occurred with Xena by her side. Gabrielle remained with her eyes locked on the ground, her arms crossed over her battered torso. Rips and cuts were visible across her arms and chest. The biggest injury, a deep slash, began at the top of her neck and trailed down to her waist.
The bleeding was minimal, yet the injuries looked awful. The Queen's skirt was torn and hanging off of her right side. Her legs were partially scratched and torn as well. Castera observed the various bruises and cuts the young Queen possessed and stood, grabbing her sword tightly.
"SHAE did this to you?" The Queen shook her head as Xena walked over to them. " No. Eileen did. But."
"WHAT!" Ephiny didn't bother looking up at the warrior, her eyes remained fixed on Gabrielle. "Gab... Please tell me what happened." Ephiny raised her hand and softly brushed hair from Gabrielle's face. " I don't understand, " the Regent protested." I get a letter from..."
"Wait Ephiny," Xena's voice cut through the Regent's questions. "I'll explain it to you... come with me."
"No Xena. I can't leave Gabr..."
"I'll watch her," Castera presented a slow nod, "go on...I got her."
Ephiny half smiled at Gabrielle, extremely embarrassed of her condition.
As the Regent and warrior walked away, Castera took of her top layer of clothing and wrapped them around her Queen's shaking body. Gabrielle was in obvious shock and confusion about what had occurred. Castera just sat there in silence, unsure of what to do.
When Ephiny and Xena were far enough away, the question was posed again.
"How's Sarina?" Ephiny sighed before answering, "She's healing, might not be able to fight for awhile, but she'll be ok." Xena closed her eyes and silently thanked the gods above for that favor. "Ephiny, in my letter I told you." "Yes Xena. I know. Something about Shae going mad..."
"Well yes, but it wasn't Shae that attacked me...Well not your Shae. This one seemed possessed, by this evil…"
"ARES?" Ephiny asked.
"Possibly Ares...regardless, I have a plan.... But it's a little tricky."
"Anything Xena..." Ephiny grabbed Xena's forearm. "But first, tell me what happened."
Xena lowered her eyes, saddened by the thought of her Gabrielle. "I don't know, what happened...." Xena's face suddenly became flushed with anger. "I failed her again." Her shoulders lost their pose of confidence and her head lowered to match it. Ephiny placed her arm to lie across broad shoulders. "Xena... Tell me..." The warrior rubbed her eyes, trying to hold back her tears.
"Ephiny please.... All I know is we have to revenge them!" The Regent looked back towards Gabrielle, and watched as Castera tried her hardest to interact with the still Queen. Her heart sank at the sight of it. She felt like a failure for allowing Eileen to accompany them in the first place. Why so much abuse was concentrated on such a delicate woman was beyond her. Xena was right revenge was the only answer.
"Ok... I'll listen." Xena voice shook with rage as she explained the ruthless action they would take against Callisto and the two Amazons.

Gabrielle awoke from her daze at the sound of her warrior's soft voice. She looked up to focus on those familiar blue eyes, filled with emotion and love. "Can you walk love?" The Queen nodded a quick yes, stretching her arm out for Xena to grab onto. Together with Ephiny, they helped her to her feet. She now wore a warm over coat that reached just below her knees. Her arms wrapped tightly around it to keep it closed. They began their slow stride towards Ephiny's horses, when Gabrielle stopped. She placed her hand on Xena's shoulder, as tears began to slide down her face.
"Gabrielle? What's hurting? What?"
"Shh Xena..." The Queen placed her hand on her lover's shoulder. "I'm so glad you found me...Please don't leave me again..." Gabrielle met her lover's eyes,
"Even if it's for my protection...Understand?" Xena nodded before taking her lover back into her arms. " I promise my love…I will protect you."

Castera reached forward to whisper into her Regent's ear, "so what did Xena tell you?" Ephiny looked back at Castera and whispered, " the Queen's gone through a great deal of pain. Xena has a plan to revenge them but…"
"But what my Regent?" "It's complicated… we have much to discuss!"

Chapter 14

Callisto paced around the room, a glow of vengeance in her expressions. Even after Shae was under her spell Shae had fought back in order of saving her Amazon sister. Callisto had no choice but to knock them both out and re think the plan.
"Argh." What in Tarturas are you doing to me Ares?"
"Callisto please come sit..." Ares' commanding voice left a silence in the air. The warrior rubbed her temples, "Ares? How am I suppose to make this work?" She pointed over to Shae and Eileen's motionless, bound and shackled figures on the floor. The God chuckled at Callisto's noticeable annoyance.
"Look Callisto...I had a simple plan but you insisted on this stupid spell." He stopped and reflected with a smirk," although I didn't mind watching any of it."
"Ares STOP!" Callisto shouted. The God swiftly moved and grabbed Callisto's chin, to return the angry gaze. "I'm backing out, I don't really care about continuing with this little charade, besides..." He continued with another twisted smirk. "I got all the thrill I needed from you." With that he reached over to place a kiss on the warrior's lips. Instead he was only granted a swift slap on the face. Callisto's eyes burned with raging fury and disgust.
"Go on...I'll get that bard and kill your precious Xena...You wait and see."
Ares smirked his deceitful lips before he disappeared into the air. "Damn women!"
The only evidence of Ares former presence was the God dust circulating the room. The warrior was proud of her accomplishment getting rid of the incorrigible God. She had better plans for Xena that didn't include giving her to Ares. Enough of that! Callisto thought as she looked over to the two Amazons lying in the corner.

Humm... A surge of excitement raced through her as she studied the bound bodies. "You ladies must be thirsty," she whispered sarcastically.
She reached for a bucket of water and proceeded to drench the slumbering Amazons who instantly awoke from the icy water. Shae realized Callisto was above her but due to her condition, could only lock eyes with Eileen. Callisto knelt over Shae with her hands on her hips. "You've been bad little Amazons. I guess I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson."
Shae yelled out when she felt Callisto's strong capable hands dragging her across the floor by her bound arms. The soreness of her tied limbs was unbearable. Eileen managed to twist onto her side getting a full view of what was happening. "No! No please take me instead." Callisto released Shae, walked over to Eileen and abruptly slapped her across the face.
"I don't remember telling you to speak," she said with a smirk. In a harsh whisper Shae looked over to Eileen and told her to be quiet. Callisto laughed with a sadistic tone, looking down at Eileen. "You'll get your turn little girl... You'll get your turn!"
She grabbed Shae's already sore wrists and the edge of her shirt as she dragged her to the pallet.
"Argh," the Amazon moaned through gritted teeth. Callisto laughed loudly at Shae's agony, "you don't know what pain is Shae, be quiet or I'll make it worse!" The Amazon struggled against her restraints and continued to groan softly.
"Callisto please...that's enough."
"WHAT!" She yelled as she bent over to pull the Amazon's head up by the hair. "Don't you dare tell me when you've had enough understand?" Shae felt an edge of fear for the first time in this adventure and simply nodded her head yes.
"Good girl." Callisto replied as she pulled her up into a kneeling position. "Stay on your knees Shae, and don't move." A new rush of excitement passed through the warrior as she loosened the Amazon's shackles, giving her room to struggle. "Perfect" She purred to herself.
Shae struggled to gain some control over her trembling body and pulled against her restraints to no avail. Callisto swiftly grabbed the Amazon's hair and slammed her face into the pallet. "I told you not to move," she hissed into her ear. "Now you'll have to pay double!" With a firm hold on the Amazon, Callisto stroked her defined back. Shae moaned and tried to pull away from the touch but Callisto firmly pinned her to the pallet. "I told you not to move!"
Eileen whimpered in the corner, "Callisto please you're hurting her." Callisto looked over at Eileen still lying in the corner with fury in her dark eyes. "What did you say?" The tenseness of the moment made her heart beat faster. Callisto released her hold on Shae and walked over to Eileen to stand above her. "Please Callisto...don't do this."
She laughed sadistically then smacked Eileen across the face once again. "Quiet Amazon or I will make her cry for you as well."
Callisto's attention instantly returned to Shae. Her eyes trailed up strong calves to Shae's skirt that was raised to reveal her shapely ass and muscular thighs. The warrior's mind ran rapid with images of ways to seduce the young woman. Force her to comply to a heart wrenching climax that only she could bring her to. The thought of it made her wet with her own desires but first she wanted to play the game. She spoke in a low seductive tone. "Who is your Goddess Amazon?" After receiving no response she tried again.
"Shae if you don't comply, you'll receive a far worse punishment." With still no response Callisto unhooked the whip from her belt and rolled it in her palm. She marveled at the fine craftsmanship of the rounded six-inch leather braided handle. She felt the energy that raced through her as she swiftly let it fall across Shae's shoulders.
"UHHH," the Amazon bellowed. "Oh no Amazon...I didn't give you permission to enjoy this." With that the swift motion of the whip fell across Shae's back and she pulled against her restraints.
"Who's your Goddess?"
Shae felt the warmth of her skin and shouted in a strained voice. "Artemis!" she whimpered, "she's my God...dess."
Callisto smirked then sighed deeply. "Wrong answer!" The force of the whip fell again causing Shae to cry out. "Gods please stop... please!" A sadistic smile escaped Callisto's lips as the whip struck the delicate skin.
"Whose?"
STRIKE
"Your?"
STRIKE
"Goddess?"
STRIKE

Shae gasped for breath realizing the heated sensation rising from her reddened skin. "ARTEMIS... please!"
The warrior rested the whip on her thigh giving herself a new surge of excitement. "There are no Gods here! Please what Shae?" She straddled Shae's calves and pressed her firm breasts into the Amazon's back. This automatically pushed her closer into the pallet. The Amazon could feel the heat of the warrior's body pressed up against hers. Callisto's lips brushed the side of her ear.
"Tell me Shae? Please what?" The warrior's hands reached around and rested upon smooth breasts.
"Please I need..." Shae cried.
"No, I don't care what you need! What do you want?" Callisto harshly whispered into Shae's ear, as her fingers began to pinch the soft nipple. The warrior ran her free hand down into Shae's skirt and found her curly soft mound of flesh. Their positions were awkward but Callisto would be able to penetrate the young Amazon if she wanted to.
"Let me say this again." She slowly slipped two fingers into the Amazon's dripping wet treasure.
"I" She rolled Shae's nipple a bit harder.
"Am." Her fingers plunged into Shae's warm walls, her thumb resting on her swelled sex. "Your." She tightened her grip on the breast and applied more force with her fingers. "Goddess!" Shae let out a moan.
"Mmm I see you like this young Amazon." "No...I don't!" Shae replied defiantly, but it was painfully clear she was enjoying this special attention. Callisto placed her head to rest on Shae's shoulder as she hurried her pace thrusting within her wetness. "Say your mine Shae!" The level of arousal stirring within Callisto was intense. Aggressively she sank her teeth into Shae's shoulder as the thrusting continued. Moans that were once quieted now filled the air. How extraordinary this was, the strong capable hands of the warrior mixed with dirty nothings whispered into her ear. Suddenly Callisto stopped to see the reaction. "Callisto. Oh Gods. Don't stop!" The warrior's tone of voice became more passionate.
"Shh relax, feel me inside of you, around you, absorbing you into me."
"Callisto?"
"Shh. It's ok... I feel your excitement, I feel your desired arousal." The closeness of the warrior's mouth so close to her ear sent shivers up her spine. "Yes...Ahh...yes." Shae groaned, her insides turning to mush steadily.
"I want you Amazon..." The warrior's voice and actions were driving Shae crazy. "I want you to release for me..."
Shae was close to the edge, ready to comply with the warrior's every request. She would do anything for it to continue. The warrior's hand reached around to find the nipple patiently waiting to be pulled.
"You're a bad little Amazon Shae..."
"Ahh yes…s…s."
"Do you like being my bad little Amazon?" Fingers went deeper into her warm entrance. " Ahh… Yes... Yes..." Shae allowed her head it to rest against Callisto's shoulder. She held her eyes shut, trying to block out the person that was bringing her so much pleasure. She spread her legs further inviting the fingers to plunge deeper, and they complied. The Amazon's pleas of mercy increased, leaving moans of madness and lust in the room.
" HARDER..." she pleaded. Not caring who or how anyone else would react to her commands. She needed a release that only Callisto could give her.
"Please...Callisto…HARDER!" The warrior almost melted at the response.
"Whose your…" Shae strained her body feeling that heat that meant she was close to release. "AHH GODS... CALLISTO... You're my Goddess...It's you!"
"That's a girl... Now you'll feel what's it's like to be mine!"
Shae bit down on her lower lip. "Ahh...Yes please!"
"Cum for me Amazon!"
" Gods... Yes...Oh... Yes!" Callisto's moans caught up to her lovers' as her own want of release overshadowed her. The warrior bit down on the Amazon's flesh as her insides exploded and she climaxed. Then Shae followed, with a heart drenching orgasm. Warm fluids soaked Callisto's fingers as she removed her hands from the warmth and slow breaths of exhaustion filled the room.

Xena closely held Gabrielle as they rode down the trail towards the neighboring village. Ephiny and Castera rode beside them as the conversation of plans were discussed in greater detail.
"Ephiny... Did you send the Amazons into town to meet us?"
"Yes Xena... We were there a few candlemarks ago, but I got worried and decided to come search for you."
Xena's grip tightened around her bard's waist but her eyes never once left the Regent's. "Explain to me again what Artemis told you." "Artemis?" Gabrielle rose her head to met the Regents, "when did Artemis become involved in all this?"
Ephiny took a deep breath before venturing into the question. "When Shae attacked Xena..."
"WHAT!" Gabrielle's head turned to lock eyes with her warrior. "Xena you didn't tell me..." The warrior gave the Regent a sarcastic expression then whispered, "I know Gabrielle..."
"Why didn't you tell me! What happened?" The Queen's voice held that sense of anger once again. "Look Gabrielle. I'll explain it to you later. She didn't hurt me love. I promise." She tried to present a convincing smile to her distressed bard. "Brie…right now we need to focus on the plan. "
Gabrielle looked away towards the open road, leaving an uncomfortable silence among the four women. Xena wanted to stop in her tracks and hold her lover for eternity. She wanted to be able to explain to her lover the hurt she felt. She wanted to know how Gabrielle felt about what had just occurred. She wanted them to talk and vent in each other's anguish. She wanted to have that loving embrace of security they no longer felt with each other. The frustration of revenge was so awful that she almost wanted to take her lover far away from there and never look back. But then the thought of the two Amazons struck her.
"Listen Xena..." Ephiny was obviously uncomfortable with Queen's reaction, but continued. "I called Artemis... Just like you told me." She pulled on the horse's rings, "and you were right about the potion of deception..." Gabrielle again looked over at her Regent.
"The what?" The Queen was trying her hardest to remain calm.
" What potion Ephiny?" The Regent locked eyes with the Queen.
"Xena believes Callisto used the potion of deception, intended to trance enemies as lovers... It's only used by the Gods, which means…"
"Ares…" Xena's soft groan of disapproval momentarily interrupted her. Ephiny nodded her head before continuing. " She said this spell was used to unite forces that..."
"Wait Ep... Shae and Eileen aren't hated forces against us?" Ephiny shyly smiled. "I know Gabrielle. Let me finish. Artemis paid a visit to her brother and found that Shae and Eileen were held hostage. They weren't under any spell..."
"Ephiny?" Xena brushed the hair from her eyes. " You're losing me... Shae WAS under a..."
The Regent placed her hand out for all to quiet. "Xena...Yes she was, but Ares misread the spell..."
Ephiny now focused on her Queen's green eyes. "You see... Ares thought the spell worked like this. He would pick a subject or aggressor." She shrugged her shoulders. " I'm thinking Callisto, was used for this role. Then the aggressor would sexually seduce the victim or victims, being the Amazons. Once the person was under the spell they would attack the ones that owned their hearts forever. Cause them pain and anguish for as long as they lived. And Ares knew how much those two loved you both."
"Loved the most?" Gabrielle questioned.
"Yes Gabrielle. It's been obvious for a few moons now how much Eileen loved you. And Shae..."
"Ya... Ya... It's been obvious Shae's had the hots the warrior princess forever." Castera laughed at her own remark. Gabrielle's facial expressions hardly moved. "So what does this mean Ephiny?" Her impatience was extremely apparent.
Ephiny disregarded the question and continued.
"The problem was Ares read the wrong spell. What the spell truly said was it works when the person under the spell hates the victim. This is why Shae and Eileen seem to be in and out of the daze... "
"But Ephiny," Gabrielle added, " the Amazon's don't hate us?" Ephiny looked away onto the open road. " I know Gabrielle... I know. There must be something we're missing."
Xena's eyebrow raised at her new knowledge and she smiled. "So we can save them, and I know just how to do it!" Gabrielle looked over her shoulder, and saw the glow in her lover's eyes. It was obvious this would be a long adventure of revenge. The Queen lowered her head to rest against broad shoulders, and closed her eyes. Half a day later they arrived and met up with the Amazon army.

The Amazons gathered in a room, waiting for the Regent to command the next move. Xena and Ephiny talked for a while before the command was given.
"Ephiny... Call upon your Goddess? Xena commanded. The Queen remained sitting in the corner with Castera, having her own conversation. She looked up from her gaze,
"NO. I'll do it." Her face took on a serious demeanor. "I'm the Queen."
Xena smiled, glad to see her lover was back in action, glad her and the Regent's plan had worked. Ephiny's eyes locked with the young Queen's, "Go on then..."
The Regent lowered her head. " Please."
It was important Gabrielle felt comfortable with her role as Queen. The room quieted as the Amazons watched Gabrielle lower to her knees and pray for the appearance of the Goddess Artemis.
Ephiny looked around the room taking in the support the Amazons had for Gabrielle. She smiled before closing her eyes and joining in the request. Seconds later Artemis appeared beside Gabrielle, placing her hands to rest on the young Queen's shoulders.
"Stand up... Chosen one."
The room remained breathless as they took in the sight of their glorious leader. The Queen showed such grace and beauty when it came to dealing with their Goddess. Gabrielle obeyed, slowly rising to stand before Artemis. Soft hands found their place across Gabrielle's face, touching the scratches left by Eileen. Artemis' eyes shined despair, amazed that a fellow Amazon had abused Gabrielle.
"You're so brave...Young one." Gabrielle felt her heart sink at the words from the Goddess. "I... I have to be... " The Goddess faced her with a look of sympathy never before seen on this figure. " This is why I chose you Gabrielle..." She smiled down at her Queen, before moving to the matter at hand. "So what can I do to help?" Gabrielle only looked over at her warrior, standing patiently in the corner. "My protector has a plan."
Xena moved forward, bowing her head to the Goddess, even though she really hated the Gods. "Artemis... I think... "

Just then a cloud of smoke appeared between them and moments later Athena appeared brushing off the travel dust from her shoulders. "SISTER?"
Athena smiled over at her sibling, a playful yet deceitful glare across her face. "Athe… What are you doing here?"
"You're about to speak to *MY* chosen one. " She glared over at Xena. "About business that concerns me. That's why I came."
Xena rolled her eyes at the petty fighting between the sisters. Her main concern was getting the spell that hypnotized Shae and Eileen into monsters. She cared less who had chosen what. She took a deep breath as she looked over at Gabrielle. Artemis reacted to the warrior's impatience, grunted in disapproval, then continued with the questioning.
"How can I help?" Silence overtook the room as Xena and Gabrielle talked over their plans with their Goddess' present

"NO! That's crazy XENA!"
The door slammed behind them as Xena followed her furious bard. Green eyes blazed with fury, "NO! I will not allow..."
"GABRIELLE STOP THIS..." The Queen stopped to face her warrior. She talked to her as if she were a child who had done something unforgivable.
"XENA! You listen to me! If you do this, I... I... "
"Gabrielle?" The warrior locked eyes with her hysterical companion. "Please listen to me."
"NO Xena!" Gabrielle stormed over to the table by the corner and took a seat with her back facing the warrior. "I can't allow you to do this." Her voice calmed down to a normal level, but it was obvious she was crying. The silence in the air could have killed them, as they sank deep into their thoughts. "Why Xena?" Soft sobs were now audible to the warrior that remained paralyzed within her guilt. "Why must loving you hurt so much?" Her shoulders shook with emotions. "Why do I have to stand back and watch you do this?" Xena closed her eyes at the comment, frozen from shock of the last statement. She took herself out of the daze and rushed over to her crying love. "Gabrielle?" She placed her hands to lie on soft shoulders only to have them hit away. "No. Don't touch me.... Just leave me alone!"
"What?" Xena lowered to her knees in front of Gabrielle. "Please." She again attempted to touch her lover when hands stuck her across the chest. "No Xena!" She now cried as if hysteria had struck her. "Please! Just leave!" Xena stared at her in utter shock, watching as Gabrielle lowered her eyes to the floor, "if you do this... I can't love you..."
Her sobbing made it hard for her to continue.
"I have to leave you..." Xena remained quiet, tears now rolling down her face as the bard continued. "I can't handle being with you." Xena took her long breath. "Gabri…elle... The plan will work... It has to..." The warrior wiped from her face. "It has to..." She was trying hard to convince herself of these words. Gabrielle could hear the struggle in her warrior's words and looked up. "Xena..." She had released the hurtful words and saw the pain in her warrior's eyes. "I need you to leave right now!" The warrior saw the truth in her lover's eyes, and obeyed. She rose to her feet and made her exit as the Queen had asked. Never once did she look back, nor did she want to. All she focused on was the sobs that continued to grow louder as she made her way down the hall. Gods! She thought to herself as she made her way out the tavern. Gods what do I do now?

Chapter 15

Xena stopped dead in her tracks only inches away from the tavern doors. Sure Gabrielle had asked her to leave but the thought of it was just too painful. She stood there questioning her next move, while the tavern folks watched in disbelief. A few dared to whisper about the odd behavior but most remained quiet, in fear of upsetting her. Then suddenly she turned and quickly headed towards the room. All were shocked with her course of action. It was obvious Xena had been crying. The former "Destroyer of nations," crying? They watched as she made her way down the hall before their discussion on her began.
Xena walked quickly through the hall to find herself in a standstill when she reached the door. She had no clue on how to approach the situation. In fact, she felt true fear for the first time in this adventure. She placed her forehead against the door and reflected, listening to the soft cries coming from her lover. Her mind raced with ways to escape this. Taking Gabrielle away to a place she couldn't be harmed, or leaving immediately and killing off their sworn enemy even if it meant sacrificing herself. She was in a loss for words and actions. She could only stand there in complete silence, as the emotions of hurt astonished her.
Suddenly, a crashing noise caused her to escape from within and open the door. The bits of chair flying across the room almost struck her.
"Gabrielle! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"
The screams began to fill the room. Screams that expressed Gabrielle had completely lost it. "GET OUT!" She yelled back, as she searched the room for other things to throw. Xena watched as her lover reached into her bag and grabbed a pan. When their locked eyes, the Queen automatically threw it in Xena's direction. It struck the side of the room with crashing force, missing Xena by inches. The noise mixed in with Gabrielle's screams was disturbing.
"I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE!"
The second chair made its way across the room, but Xena caught it and threw it against the sidewall. "GABRIELLE! STOP THIS!" She moved over to her crazed lover cautiously, with her hands surrendered in the air.
"NO! LEAVE!"
Gabrielle quickly moved further away from her. "Stay away from me Xena..."
The warrior disregarded the words, consumed in her feelings of shock and distress, she moved forward. "I SAID..." Gabrielle grabbed the plates on the side table and held them up as if to throw them. "GO AWAY!"
Xena wiped the tears from her face and kept walking, determined to take the woman into her arms no matter how hard the task. "Gabrielle...WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" Xena's voice was close to hysteria.
"What's happening to you? PLEASE...let me help." Xena again raised her hands in the air as if to surrender. Her heart felt like it was pounding out of her chest. She had no idea what she needed to do to calm her frantic lover.
Gabrielle chuckled in a crazed way, her face full of hatred and pain. "Help ME?" She laughed, as if to mock the warrior. She pushed the hair from her face showing the desperation in her eyes. She was looking up at Xena like a possessed demon. "You can't help me!" Her jaw line was tight, her eyes fierce.
"Let me try Brie..."
The Queen tried to strike when Xena grabbed her by the shoulders, then with quick motion moved around and grabbed Gabrielle around the waist. She took both hands and held them tightly behind the Queen's back. The young woman began to scream and cry, as Xena lowered them both onto their knees. "SHH...stop Gabrielle...DON'T DO THIS!"
Xena turned her attention to the sudden noise by the door. It was Ephiny and Castera who stormed in with swords in hand. They had heard the Queen screaming and rushed in to help her. It was obvious from the chattering down the hall, that more of them were waiting to enter. Ephiny repositioned into fighting stance after witnessing Gabrielle's condition, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER XENA!"
"GET OUT!" Was simultaneously yelled back by both the Queen and Warrior.
"AHHHH!" Gabrielle started struggling within her grip once again.
"GET the Tartarus out of here! ALL OF YOU!" How she managed to escape Xena's hold was unknown, but she did. Crawling away, she grabbed the closest object and sent it flying across the room. Xena tackled her to the floor before she could grab something else, and looked up at the Regent.
"I'll handle this Ephiny... LEAVE!" Xena hoped her request would be listened to. She would have to handle this completely alone. It was apparent Gabrielle had totally lost control, and only Xena would be able to bring her back. The Queen again screamed her commands.
"LET me go XENA... and YOU!" Her eyes burned with deep anger towards the Regent. She was face down on the floor, with Xena's weight upon her back restricting movement. "GET OUT NOW... That's an order!"
Ephiny nodded her head and slowly stepped out, "I'll be close Xena, call for me if you need me." She walked out in complete silence, shocked with what she had seen.
"ARGH! GET OFF ME XE...!" Xena brought her attention back to the woman struggling within her hold. "Gabrielle relax... you're going to hurt yourself."
"Hurt myself?" Gabrielle chuckled in a psychotic manner, frightening the distressed warrior.
"Gabrielle please..."
"I'll tell you about hurt," she screeched. Gabrielle tried to move from under Xena's body. However, she was pinned tightly, face against the floor.
"You know nothing of my hurt!"
She had no control over any part of her body. She was tense, upset and ready to explode. "Talk to me..." Xena's voice remained calm, although it shook from obvious nerves, "please Brie."
"No! GET OUT! GET off ME!" Xena closed her eyes and blocked out the soft cries of her love. She could do nothing more then hold her in hope Gabrielle would relax. The Queen's shoulders shook from her hysterical screams. Xena moved to lie completely on top of Gabrielle, holding struggling arms out in front of them. She placed her head to rest next to her lover's shoulder, "Gabrielle... What's happening to you? Please don't scare me like this..."
As much as she tried to deny it, tears began to roll down her cheeks. She took long breaths to relax, but she couldn't help but allow her emotions to go free. "I can't lose you Brie... I would die without you. Please...don't...fall apart... on me."
The request was a simple, yet very difficult for the warrior to articulate. Gabrielle closed her eyes, trying her hardest to ease into the warrior's level.
"Xena...please...let me move..." She struggled momentarily emphasizing it was hurting, being in that position. "I promise I won't throw anything..."
Xena spoke through her jagged breaths, "Ok love...I trust you." She moved off slowly, careful about causing her lover any harm. The Queen turned to face her sad warrior and saw the pain carried in those glazed blue eyes. She placed her hands over her face, ashamed of her behavior.
"I'm sorry Xena...So sorry..."
The warrior wiped the tears from her face, and smiled. A smile that was there to convince Gabrielle she was ok, when in fact she wasn't.
"I...I...was scared..." The young woman whispered. "I'm in so much pain." The emotions racing through them were intense. "Gabrielle...please let me help." They felt agony for not being able to take it all away.
"No.... just leave me, DON'T touch me."
Xena placed a kiss on her lover's head. "No…I'll never leave you Brie."
"Xena please…" The Queen's small shoulders shook with emotion. "I need to be alone right now!" The warrior closed her eyes at the words. "I can't leave you Gabrielle…" She lowered her head, afraid to show more vulnerability to her Queen. "I love you and need to make sure you're ok. Please let me hold you."
Gabrielle gave into the words and melted into Xena's arms. "Xe…na...I…"
"Talk to me Gabrielle...Tell me what you feel."
The response was whispered, as she began to calm in her warrior's embrace. "I feel angry that I can't handle the thought of Callisto taking you from me." Her eyes were still glazed from crying although it had ceased tremendously. "She's caused us so much pain Xena..." She took a deep breath, trying to calm her crazed heart. "She took away a safeness I will never feel again...The trust of my parents...the trust of my Amazons...the trust of you."
Xena wanted to remark but allowed her companion to speak. "I can't believe you suggested this plan, knowing you might leave me in this world alone..." The Queen softly began to cry. "I can't live this life without you... This hurts too much Xena..."
Gabrielle scooted away from her warrior to sit against the wall. "It will work Gabrielle... It has too." Xena moved quietly over to her lover, "you have to trust me to protect us..." She reached out to touch the Queen on the shoulder but the young woman panicked. Gabrielle moved from the touch, shaking from fear of being held. Xena froze, consumed with hurt from the reaction. The warrior lowered her eyes, and removed the strands of hair covering her face. "Gabrielle... we have to get through this... You can't fall apart on me yet." Xena's voice shook with emotions, as tears fell steadily down her face. She moved to rest against the wall with her arms crossed over her bent knees. She was in the same position Gabrielle was in. She rested the back of her head against the wall and cried. They were both unsure of what to say next. Xena closed her eyes and allowed the pain to fill her heart. "I'm so sor...ry I could...n't prot...ect you Gabrielle."
Silence drowned the room at the statement. Not even soft cries were audible. "Brie. I...I don't know... when I lost control of the situation, but I did." Xena placed her head to rest on open palms. "I'm sorry you were hurt...I'm so sorry..."
The gentle voice of the Queen broke through the last statement. "I don't need your protection Xe... I just needed you. I need you, and this plan..." Gabrielle took a deep breath. "This plan is to risky!" Xena looked up to find Gabrielle turned and facing her. "Don't you see Xena?" She wiped the tears from her eyes. "This plan could tear us apart." She brushed her small hands through her long blonde hair. "Why would you risk tearing us apart?"
Xena reached out to caress the side of her lover's face. "It's the only way love...It's the only way."

Callisto placed a gentle kiss on the Amazon's cheek before rising. She had much to do before the arrival of Xena and excused herself. Shae was left helpless, confused within her own thoughts of the days occurrences. The room was becoming colder as the evening light began to enter, leaving them psychologically and psychically lost in their own darkness. Nothing made sense to them, but how could it? All Shae knew was that crying made her heart feel better. It was the only release she could afford. Eileen tried to shift to find a better position but was unsuccessful. Her only comfort was in knowing she was still alive and well. The pain of her body was numb enough for her to survive. She took deep breaths attempting to calm her crazed heart.
"Shae?" Eileen again tried to move out of the restraints. "Shae...Answer me?" The Amazon only grunted a response, ashamed of what had just occurred. "Shae? Please answer me."
"Why?" Shae took a well-deserved breath. "What do you want me to say?"
Eileen closed her eyes and listened to the soft whimpers coming from her friend.
"Shh. Relax...it'll be ok." She didn't know how to comfort her friend, consumed with her own feelings of regret. "Are you hurting Shae?"
"No.…I'll be fine...just... Let me be..."
Her shoulders shook with emotion. "Please." Eileen closed her eyes, overwhelmed with feeling of hurt and loss. She understood Shae's pain, but couldn't express her own. The sounds of Shae's agony would drive her crazy if she didn't respond. "Shae...listen to me."
"No Eileen...just leave me alone..."
"Shae stop! Listen." Eileen couldn't help the own tears that overtook her body.
"Don't feel sorrow for what just occurred...
why blame yourself? It's the spell Shae?"
"No! It wasn't the spell. I'm not effected by it any longer Eileen."
Shae closed her eyes and placed her hand to rest on the pallet. "I don't know why I played along. I disrespected our Goddess. I disrespected our sisters. I disrespected my love. How could I ever show my face again, after what I did?" Her cries intensified after her spoken words.
"Shae, our sisters will understand." Shae seemed to cry harder after her response. "Look…we don't have to tell them about today... No one needs to know. Ok Shae?" Eileen sighed before continuing, "don't feel guilt... You've always said, you do what you need to survive... and you accomplished this." Shae attempted to respond but her cries prevented her from expressing all she felt. "I...I...feel ashamed that I haven't protected you like I should. I'm sorry."
Eileen was amazed at her friend's last statement. "Protect me? All you've done is protect me... We'll get through this...I promise." With that they both entered their own world of thoughts and felt security within the silence.

Gabrielle opened her eyes and immediately searched for her warrior. She felt extremely ashamed at how she had left things with Xena. She remained still, using her eyes to search the room as Xena had taught her. She found her standing by the open window looking out. She seemed lost in a daze, piercing those baby blues out towards the unknown. Gabrielle thought she looked like and angel, with the morning light reflecting off her body.
"Xe?"
The warrior turned her attention over to Gabrielle. "I was wondering when you were going to say something." Xena spoke in a soft manner, one calmer then usual. It was obvious by her appearance that she hadn't slept all night.
"Xena listen."
"Wait Gabrielle. You don't have to say anything." Xena wanted to express the multitude of feelings that coursed her body but couldn't. Her only concern was making peace with her lover.
"Xe...come sit." Gabrielle patted a place on the pallet as she scooted up to sit crossed-legged against the wall. Xena obeyed, taking her place by her companion. "You ok Brie?"
Gabrielle caressed the side of Xena's face with her fingers. "Where'd you go last night?"
"After you fell asleep, I took a walk."
"All night?"
"Yes. I needed time to think."
Gabrielle lowered her eyes as she responded, "Xena... I'm sorry about last night."
"I know love...It's ok, I understand."
Gabrielle shifted to sit directly in front of Xena. "No it's not...I should have never asked you to leave. I'm sorry." Xena scooted up to place a soft kiss across waiting lips. "I told you love. It's ok."
"Xena...I wanted to talk to you about…" The warrior moved forward to take the younger woman into her embrace.
"Xena? Are you...ok? What's wrong?"
"I'm ok Brie…Just wanted to hold you."
Xena allowed herself to let go and broke down.
"I know you have doubts but you…have…to… trust me... Brie."
"But what if it doesn't work Xe? This plan could separate us forever." Xena felt the words strike her like crashing waves, and her breathing increased to that of her companions.
Xena closed her eyes tightly, consciously hoping this was some messed up dream. What was she suppose to do? This was a risky plan but it was the only thing that would work. "Gabrielle… It has to work..." Her shoulders began to vibrate as the emotions broke free exposing her vulnerability to the bard.
"It has...to."
The warrior placed her head to rest on soft shoulders. "I'm so tired love...could we talk about this later?"
Gabrielle wrapped her arms around her lover. "Ok Xena...sleep now..." The Queen was genuine in her words as she embraced her love in her arms. "I'll protect you."

Two candlemarks later, they were disturbed by a noise. The knock on the door was quiet but it woke Xena and Gabrielle out of their sleep. The Queen stayed in bed but Xena stormed up, grabbing her armor and leathers as she rushed towards the door. "Who is it?" Xena began to put on her armor, holding the door with her other hand.
"It's me. Ephiny..."
Xena yawned, feeling the tiredness from her lack of sleep. "Hold on." She turned towards her lover, signaling for her to dress.
"It's time?" Gabrielle asked as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Xena smiled, as she watched her love creep out of bed and over to her clothes. Once fully dressed, Gabrielle took her place by the warrior. The door opened to reveal Ephiny and Castera. "Morning."
The Regent was hesitant in speaking, "everyone is outside and ready to go. Are you both ready?" Xena and Gabrielle locked eyes and simultaneously nodded.
"Ready as we'll ever be." Gabrielle replied. They followed the two Amazons through the tavern and made their way outside. Xena locked eyes with all the waiting guards that waited for her command. "You know the plan... FOLLOW IT!" They all nodded knowing that Xena meant business, before they took off on their journey of revenge.

Three Candlemarks later the four women riding up in front suddenly stopped and looked around. Gabrielle looked over at her Regent and watched as Castera slid off the horse onto the ground. It was obvious a horse was approaching by the nearby sounds. Xena motioned over to the Regent who looked back and signaled the Amazon's to halt.
As quickly as Ephiny turned back to face Xena, the warrior was on the ground and moving. Gabrielle attempted to follow but was advised to stay back by Castera. "Wait my Queen...It's not safe!"
They watched as her warrior rushed through the trees, using tactics that left her undetected. Xena disappeared behind a tree, momentarily causing the Queen some worry. At this point, Ephiny attempted to jump off and follow. But seconds later Xena reappeared followed by two women on a horse. The Regent gripped her sword, and signaled all to prepare for battle. But as the strangers got closer, Gabrielle ordered all to bow down, and relax.
Ephiny's face lit up when she saw who rode in with Xena by their side. "Sarina?" Gabrielle whispered.
She wanted to dismount and rush over to them but remained still. "It's SARINA!" Castera added as she started her walk over to the women. The two rode up slowly, and soon revealed who the second passenger was. Ephiny's mouth dropped when she observed the mystery guest. Xena walked up in front, stern face presented. She found this disturbance quiet unnecessary. However seeing Sarina again did make her happy, even through she refused to show it. Gabrielle smiled when she realized Sarina was healthy and riding once again.
"ZALIS?" Ephiny shook her head at both her lover and former lover. Once they were close enough she laughed to herself. Figures those two would end up as friends, she thought silently.
Xena mounted her horse behind Gabrielle. "Nice to see you Sarina," Xena truthfully admitted, "but we must be off." Sarina locked eyes with her lover. "I'm coming to!" Zalis smiled over at Gabrielle, cautious to avoid stirring jealousy in Xena. "I'm ready as well."
"Good… we could use the extra help."
The warrior said, as she pulled on the horse's reigns and took off.

Shortly after the reunion, they switched positions. Ephiny now rode with Sarina on one horse and Xena and Gabrielle on the other. Gabrielle lay against strong arms feeling the comfort she desperately needed. Xena's head rested on her lover's shoulder making whispers audible to the Queen's ears alone.
"What are you thinking about love?" After a sigh the Queen responded, "I'm thinking of you."
Xena smiled. "What about me?"
"How safe I feel in your arms."
Xena softly kissed the side of her neck.
"You are safe…"
"I know Xe..."
Ephiny's voice tore through the conversation, "Over there," she pointed. "We'll camp there for the evening."
She looked over at her Queen for approval.
"Is this ok?"
Gabrielle knew the crew was exhausted and hungry. She looked over her shoulder to catch Xena's eyes. "What do you think?" she asked. After a nod from her companion Gabrielle responded. "Yes…This is fine. Send scouts out to check the area."
Ephiny nodded her head in agreement. "Yes my Queen."
When the designated area was reached they stopped for camp.

Gabrielle looked over at her lover, who was explaining tactics by a tree. The evening was slowly dying, leaving a soft glow throughout Xena's features. It was comforting for her to see the teaching techniques and the serious demeanor it was shown in. Xena realized the glare and looked over to match eyes with the Queen. They both smiled before Xena turned her attention back to the Amazons. After waving everyone off, she turned and headed towards her small companion. Gabrielle took a deep breath as she watched her warrior approach her. It was adorable to see the scene from afar. Gabrielle looking up at her warrior with those baby green eyes, slightly twinkling. The love between them was something that was hard to hide. Xena brushed the hair from the Queen's face gently caressing her cheek. The smaller woman grabbed her lover's hand and tugged. Xena took the hint, and sat in front of her, straddling the log directly across Gabrielle.
"Are you ok Brie?" Gabrielle sighed. "I will be... Xena. Why did you stop talking to them?"
"I wanted to be with you."
"You didn't have to stop talking to them…you know that right?"
Xena smiled at her young companion as she replied. "Yes of course, but I was through with them…I wanted to come talk to you."
Gabrielle smiled over at her warrior and whispered, "I wanted you to come talk to me too."
They looked up at the sound of Ephiny riding back into camp. "I know Gabrielle." Xena softly replied.
The Regent slowly walked up to them and said, "There's a stream..." She pointed north. "Over there, by the oak tree."

Gabrielle stood, catching all off guard. Even the Amazons resting, stood at the sudden movement. She rose her hand, allowing all to go at ease, then cleared her throat. "Listen UP!" Xena looked up at her with curiosity, but mostly confusion. It was marvelous for her to see Gabrielle slowly returning to herself... with just a little more dominance.
"My protector and I need time alone."
Her cheekbones were tight, her eyes burning with truth. "I want no one to follow us." She looked around at the young faces. "Understand?"
She finished by locking eyes with the Regent. "Please enforce this Ephiny." The Regent nodded and signaled for the guards to spread out.
"You will have privacy…" She lowered her eyes to the ground, "my Queen."
Gabrielle looked down at her lover and extended her hand. "Let's go." Xena didn't react facially but physically was excited and surprised by her bard's initiative. She complied and accompanied her Queen in complete silence. It was a silence that lasted through most of the voyage to the stream. They only communicated with cute looks as they walked side by side. Gabrielle's hand held firmly within Xena's. They couldn't help but look at each other. They felt safe in each other's company once again. It was possibly the soothing sounds of nature that calmed them. Or the warmth of their bodies so close together that comforted them. They felt free within each other's souls, content with the fact, that they held each other's hearts. "Gabrielle?"
"Yes Xena?"
The warrior gazed over to her companion, a slight smile across her face.
"That was impressive..."
"What was?" Gabrielle smiled back a bit confused. The warrior locked eyes with her lover, "what you said back there." She brushed her hand through her long hair. "I was very proud of you...I am proud of you."

"Thanks Xena. I appreciate that."
"No really… thank you for this time alone Brie."

It was breathtaking to see the view from the ledge. It was as if the sky had blended all the colors in the world together. The blue tint seemed to mix in perfectly with the lake. "Would you like to bathe?" Gabrielle nodded, "Yes..." She looked down at herself. "I think I need to." They pierced out into the beauty of the water. The moon was out, giving them a remarkable reflection against the water. As if Artemis was shinning a special light down on them, and she probably was. The view was one that was absolutely amazing and perfect.
Once in the water, Xena took her time messaging the back of Gabrielle's hair. The softness of her lover was something the warrior greatly appreciated. It made her tingle with anticipation of feeling the rest of Gabrielle's soft features. They both remained quiet within the calm waters that protected them. The same water that seemed to secure and comfort them.
Gabrielle was lost within the feel of her lover's hands against her skin and Xena was lost in Gabrielle's body. Strong hands lowered to message her shoulders and back. Gabrielle closed her eyes and lowered her head. The special attention was something only Xena could perfect. She was lost in the sensations of those warm hands against her needing skin. "Gods...that feels nice."
Xena closed her eyes at the sound and applied more pressure. She wanted to hear more from her lover's lips. Nothing pleased her more then knowing she brought her partner happiness. The sensuality in the warrior's hands was amazing. It was extraordinary how such rough hands could be so soft and gentle. Gabrielle melted from the touch of the warrior's warmth, her love. She slowly turned within the embrace, but before she had a chance to speak Xena lunged in to steal a kiss. Gabrielle complied and closed her eyes to allow herself to be taken into a beautiful connection. Their lips remained tightly secured as their hands began to wander. The warrior rested her hands on her lover's lower back as Gabrielle roamed Xena's backside, pinching and grabbing.
Xena lowered her mouth to trace the soft skin of her neck, leave sweet kisses against the jawbone. Naturally, Gabrielle responded by allowing her head to fall back giving Xena further access. Xena tightened the grip around the smaller woman's waist, reacting to a heated passion, far more powerful then any force. It was a love, an obsession that only they shared. Soft kisses turned into soft bites, and warrior hands began to trace the surrounding area of Gabrielle's breasts with her fingers.
"Gods I love you." Xena's voice was low and husky. "I love touching you, feeling you, wanting you."
Gabrielle felt the same lustful craving Xena did, but couldn't express it. She was surprised and excited from Xena's soft-spoken words. The touch was exquisite, the words divine. Gabrielle felt the sensation and allowed herself to become one with it. It was a sensation of heightened awareness and love. She couldn't help but moan from the feel of it. She needed Xena to immediately end her ache. She needed Xena to take her and cause her more fulfillment, more happiness. The warrior knew exactly what to do to keep Gabrielle at the edge of her tolerance. The tremendous heat that arose between them was heaven sent, completely flawless. The warrior wanted more from her young lover. She needed more, for her groans ached for attention. An attention that only the Queen of the Amazons could fulfill. She found herself lifting her lover off her feet, nudging her to wrap herself around her body. Gabrielle's legs wrapped themselves around her lower waist. Gods she wanted this! She absolutely needed this. The feel of Gabrielle's sex pressed tightly against her pelvic bone sent a rush of adrenaline through her spine. Her hands traveled down a firm backside, grasping and touching everything within her reach. Gabrielle tensed up, pressing tighter against the other body, as moans escaped her mouth.
"Gods Xena... I need you..."
Their tongues reunited, then tore apart.
"I really need you..."
Their lips came together once again. The burning that rose within them was tremendous. "Please Xena..." The Queen needed to end her suffering and satisfy her needs. She needed to suck and taste all elements that were the warrior. She needed the fulfillment her lover alone could bring her.
The grinding started slow but it was measured. The friction would build until they both couldn't take any more, like a cruel sensuous tease. Gabrielle's sex rubbed softly against her partner's skin, yet the sensation wasn't half as good as her lover's tongue. She tossed her head back and arched her back. Xena's fingers found the softness of her partner's center, but before she had a chance to play, the Queen stopped her. "No. Not here." Gabrielle un-wrapped her legs and re emerged within the water. "Let's move...over there."
The suggestion was a good one, considering they had placed the blanket by the big oak tree, just for this occasion. Then together they scooted back towards the land, their destination clear in both their minds. Nipples hardened as the warm breeze found them, exciting them further. Their lips still securely attached and playing blissfully with one another. They naturally fell back onto the blanket, Gabrielle underneath and Xena on top. The warrior re took her position between the bard's legs, her mouth connecting instantly with her waiting sex. "MMM...Xena."
The warrior took a short breath. "Gods Gabrielle!"
The evening was so perfect that only the Gods could explain it. The warmth of the air was unheard of. Perhaps Apollo played a part. Or maybe it was the fact that both women instinctively called out the name of their Gods during sensuous moments summoning them. Gabrielle tried to remain quiet but her eyes rolled back, and it escaped her lips. " SWEET ATREMIS!"
She gently placed her arm over her eyes and felt the hands that traveled down her waist to her hips. Xena's lapping pace increased as she added soft suction to the rhythm. Gabrielle almost came instantly but she withheld herself. Her hips matched the harmony and thrust to meet Xena's mouth. Her hands glided out to her side and she grasped the grass around her. She tilted her head back and enjoyed the pure agony of withholding her release. She felt peace. Finally she felt peace… If only for a moment. "AHHHH XENA!"

Sarina noticed the nervous behavior from the young Amazon across the fire, but said nothing. Her main concern was listening to the words of her lover.
"When did you start talking to Zalis?"
Ephiny chuckled, "I thought you said she was a messenger from Tarturas and..." Sarina placed her fingers upon Ephiny's lips. "Stop Ep...I'm over the jealousy."
Sarina rose an eyebrow at her smiling lover. "We just clicked, talking about you."
Ephiny's curiosity was unleashed, "what about me?" Sarina laughed at the reaction, "well..."

They didn't notice the slow movements of the Amazon that came up behind them. "Regent?" Ephiny immediately looked up, "yes?"
The young Amazon looked a bit frightened. "I... well...I wanted to ask you something." Sarina saw the jitters overpowering the young woman and said, "sit down Taylor."
The Amazon obeyed and took a seat before Ephiny started her questioning. "What can I do for you?"
Taylor looked over her shoulder to the group of Amazons huddled in the corner. "Well...we were wondering." She brushed the strands of hair from her face, her light green eyes contrasting nicely with the night's light. "About this plan...are we sure we should risk it?" Ephiny's reaction was slow, presenting the insecurity she had for the plan. She remained quiet as a trail of thoughts crossed her mind. "Taylor..."
She quickly caught eyes with the Amazon, "we must trust Xena to do all she can to protect our Queen."
Taylor nodded. "I understand this, but we are worried harm will come to Gabrielle or our fellow sisters if Xena loses control." She sighed. "I'm very worried about Shae?" Taylor lowered her eyes to the ground. Not fully admitting that she loved Shae in a way that most were unaware of. But Ephiny and Sarina knew instantly that Taylor was Shae's other half. They had hid it from the others because Taylor was one of Shae's students, and this kind of thing wasn't allowed while in training. Taylor knew she had said too much but continued, "must we stay outside until called upon by our Queen. What if Xena fails and turns on Gabrielle?"
Ephiny saw the concern across her young face. "Xena will enter the castle to deal will Callisto. Our Queen will wait outside the room with Castera." Ephiny wrinkled her forehead, "and we take care of all interference outside until we get the sign."
"But my Regent..." Sarina placed her hand on Ephiny's shoulder and replied to the questioning.
"Taylor listen, both the Queen and protector have gone through a great deal of pain." The Amazon didn't understand the line of conversation.
"Yes but..."
Sarina stood and whispered her response.
"It's something they must conquer alone if we ever want our true Queen or Princess back."

After a moment, the Amazon nodded with a sense of understanding, "Ok Sarina, I will tell the others."
As Taylor walked away, Sarina sat next to her lover. The Regent was lost in her own thoughts, her eyes gazing up at the stars "should I..." Ephiny didn't have to finish her sentence, for Sarina knew what she was thinking. "No, leave them. Xena will take care of Gabrielle." They broke out into light laughter and rose their heads to see the activities occurring around them.
Sarina turned to Ephiny and questioned, "do you really think it's going to work?" The Regent's smile quickly faded as she heard her voice. She answered, still concentrated on the Amazons. "I hope so..."
Sarina bit down on her lower lip and placed her hand to rest on Ephiny's shoulder, "explain something to me love, how is this suppose to work? I haven't been around...remember?" Confusion and concern filled her tired eyes. Ephiny moved her attention to Sarina and took a deep breath, "when we were in the village, Artemis came to talk to us. It seemed Xena had business to discuss with her. She wanted Artemis to get her a bottle of potion that Ares and Callisto used. Then suddenly Athena appeared, which threw us all off guard. But it turns out she too had been watching the developments and knew more about the potion than our Goddess did. This was a plan that we discussed in the corner of the room."
"Wait...Wait...Who discussed it?" Sarina questioned. Ephiny seemed a little annoyed at the interruption but complied.
"It was Gabrielle and Xena, Castera and myself, and the Goddesses. Artemis was confused on the logic behind Xena wanting the potion, as we all were."
Ephiny was then momentarily distracted by a noise in the corner and stopped talking. Sarina brought Ephiny's concentration back by placing her hand on her lover's forearm.
"Ephiny? Please continue. You don't have much time." Ephiny watched as Castera and the troops left to investigate the noise. As they ventured out, she quietly warned them to stay away from the stream. She focused back on her lover's face, "Sorry... Xena's plan is a little complicated."
Their eyes locked, both deeply concentrated on the conversation. "The potion is intended for the use of uniting two hated forces as one. If Xena takes the potion she can trance Callisto enough for us to come in and capture her." Ephiny rubbed her eyes as a form of frustration. "Unfortunately Xena must stay focused enough for the spell not to affect her. She must daze Callisto into a loving embrace in order for us to sneak in."
Sarina interrupted abruptly, "hold on... What's the problem, that could work."
Ephiny sighed. "First of all, Callisto would never allow Xena to be that close to her. Second of all, if Xena is affected she might turn on us to protect her loved one Callisto."
Sarina moved her eyes towards the ground, sadness in her expression. "Then it won't work. Xena is bound to fall into the spell... She hates Callisto more then anyone?"
Ephiny lovingly brushed her partner's cheek, "Yes my darling, if Xena allows herself to fall into the spell. She might try to harm Gabrielle, unite forces with Callisto."
Sarina brushed her hand through her long hair. "Ep… There are too many risks involved. We can't let them do it!" Sarina was noticeably displeased with this entire operation. She took a deep breath and spoke in a higher tone of voice, "How did Gabrielle respond?"
Ephiny's eyebrows rose surprised that Sarina had asked, "Not too well actually. She stood up through the middle of the discussion and screamed. It was pretty shocking to all of us. Everyone in the room turned to look. She grabbed Xena by the arm and told her there was no way in Hades she would do that. Then she turned on Artemis and started crying." Sarina was obviously upset and baffled "What? Turned on Artemis? Were they fighting?"
Ephiny continued explaining, "Gabrielle momentarily lost her mind. She started blaming our Goddess for all that had happened and questioned why Artemis never helped. She went on to accuse her of being in it with Ares."
Sarina interrupted, "for the love of gods. How did Artemis take it?"
Ephiny sighed, "she seemed to understand, yet the words did cause her obvious hurt. I think Gabrielle noticed this because she suddenly stopped in mid sentence and stormed out. Xena rushed after her and we immediately followed. Xena stopped us at the door and apologized to the Goddesses. She asked us all to stay behind and said she would take care of it. Before she stormed out after our Queen, she looked over towards Athena and told her to give the potion to me."
Sarina grabbed hold of Ephiny by her shoulders and whispered, "Do you have it with you?" Ephiny nodded than reached down between her cleavage and pulled out a small vile. Sarina rubbed the back of her neck and thought to herself, my gods what if this doesn't work?
Ephiny saw the distress within Sarina's soul. "It will work Sarina. It has to." The Regent looked up as Sarina stood and walked semi-shocked away from her.
"Where are you going," she asked. Sarina looked down at Ephiny, "for a walk. I suddenly feel sick." Her last statement was said sarcastically
. Ephiny motioned to stand, but Sarina stopped her. "No, I have to go alone. I'll be fine." Ephiny half-smiled, "you know I can't let you go alone, love."
Sarina quickly responded, "I'll be right over there past Castera and the others. You can watch from here." Ephiny nodded her head in agreement, "Okay Love…Take your time."

Gabrielle sat comfortably between Xena's thighs, her hands intertwined on bent knees. The beauty of the night's sky hypnotized them both. The night's noises left a hidden melody for their ears alone. Now the muses were praising them. Giving them the ability to enjoy the evening sounds. The Queen's hands were secured around stronger ones.
"Xena...I know you think taking the potion will..."
"Gabrielle please. Do we have to talk about this?"
The bard turned within her embrace to look up at her warrior. " Yes.. I think we do." The warrior sighed in defeat, knowing they needed to discuss tomorrow's plans.
"Ok... love... What do you want to know?" Gabrielle nudged Xena's chin, "Xe… Look at me." She dodged around, trying to make the warrior look her in the eyes. "Xe...Please?"
Blue eyes settled in to meet green ones. "What?"
Gabrielle was becoming flustered with the situation. "Look Xena... I had a different plan... a little different then yours."
The warrior had a sudden expression of confusion. "What do you mean?"
"Xena...I think we should both take the potion." The warrior's mouth hung open at the suggestion. "Are you serious?" Xena slightly shifted but remained concentrated on her young companion. "Hades NO! Are you crazy?" Gabrielle's fingers brushed against Xena's lips. "Shhh. Just listen to me."
"Go on..."
"Xena if we both take it we have double chance to hypnotize Callisto... We share the same hate for her."
"Gabrielle...No there's too much risk... We could both lose it completely."
The Queen's eyes widened, "that's what I've been telling you Xena. At least we could risk it together. Love does out beat any spell. If we lose control... Then it's over. We will both be condemned to terrible lives, lost in a love for Callisto. But at least we would go without the pain of losing each other."
Gabrielle scooted over so that her back leaned against Xena's thigh. Her left arm went around the warrior's neck and the other on Xena's cheek. "This is the only way that I will find comfort. The only plan I will agree to."
Xena looked deeply in her eyes. "You won't take no for an answer will you?"
"NO! I won't!" Xena cupped her lover's face.
"I understand but I can't let you do this." Gabrielle nodded, only to get Xena off the subject but it was her plan to take the potion, regardless if Xena approved!

Callisto rose her eyes to the ceiling, crazed energy rushing through her body. "They're near!" She laughed hysterically. With her tight leathers against her body, sword in hand, whip in the other she was ready to go. She ran over to her room where Shae and Eileen remained tied and now gagged on the floor. Her actions were semi psychotic, as she knelt before Eileen staring up at the window.
"So exciting..." She told herself. "Aren't you excited?" She shook Eileen, attempting to wake her. The Amazon was already fully aware of her surrounding and opened her eyes. Callisto slowly stood, and scanned the room carefully. "It's perfect..." They're stepping right into my plan." She looked over to the window in the corner. "So perfect..." She smiled a glorious smile, her eyes twinkling with satisfaction. "They won't see it coming." She laughed quietly to herself as she went over to Shae in the attempt to move her. "Ready lover?" She kicked the Amazon on the side. "Role over Shae." She nudged the Amazon over on her back and looked straight into her eyes.
"I have plans for you Amazon... You will help me defeat them."

Concluded in Part 4


Return to The Bard's Corner