KIDNAPPED

by Xenaslaves

This story was written without the knowledge or consent of MCA/Universal and is not intended to infringe on any copyrights. This story is for intended for mature readers over the age of 18 as it contains both violence and explicit love scenes between two women. Be advised the story does contain sexual violence against some main characters! Please gain permission before copying and/or publishing any or the entire story.

If you have any comments. Email Me...

Chapter 16

The evening had a dreaded feel to it. No one slept through the night, with the exception of a few guards. Xena spent most of the time thinking of how life had changed after meeting her beloved companion.
Her arm was lying under the smaller woman's neck, securing her lover's body partly on top of hers. Gabrielle's head was buried deeply in her neck, allowing her to feel every breath that escaped her lips. She closed her eyes and thought of their life together after this ordeal.
She wasn't sure how she would deal with the fact that Eileen attacked Gabrielle. She knew that the sight of the Amazon would make her blood boil and her anger arise. She knew that her lover would find fear in the sight of many women, and felt sorrow. How could Gabrielle trust again? Her pure heart would never again be whole, and her memories would now be frightful. She thought back to her own times of agony dealing with her attempted rapes as a young warlord. The memories that still found her on sleepless nights were enough to drive her insane. And now she had to watch Gabrielle endure the same awful memories by the hands of her women. How would Gabrielle be able to rule this nation when she distrusted everyone she protected? Her only solution would be to take Gabrielle away and settle down. Maybe hide her away at her mother's house and take the side cabin she had available. Anything would be better then returning to the Amazon village.
Together they would heal the distrust they now had for the Queen's nation.
"Xena…"
The calmness of the whisper sent chills through Xena's spine. She turned immediately to find soft lips against hers. They kissed delicately, feeling the passion and love they alone shared. The kiss lasted forever, for the connection that they felt was completely hypnotic. Xena tasted the sweetness of her lover's mouth, enjoyed the softness of her tongue.
Gabrielle slightly moved back, to look deeply into beautiful blues eyes. "I wanted to see your face, see the way you look at me." The Queen's voice was full of love and admiration. "I love you so much Xena…"
She managed to say this without crying, but at the end gave into her emotions.
"Brie please don't cry." The warrior moved closer until their foreheads were touching. "Please love… don't cry." Xena felt the emotions that stirred within her. It was an uncontrollable sense of loss, and helplessness, foreign to her. Gabrielle nodded, wiping the tears from her face.
"I'm scared Xena…so scared."
The warrior placed a gentle kiss on her nose before moving to capture her lips. "Me too love…"
Xena's voice shook with sympathy, "but you must trust that our love will guide us."
The Queen tried to relax, although the tears now ran uncontrollably down her face.
"No one will ever love you like I do."
Xena held her closer than ever and replied, " no one ever has Brie…" Her shoulder's shook with agony, "no one ever has."

The gentle winds blew around them, singing a melody of peace and tranquility. But all that traveled with the Queen were everything but peaceful. They were very close to the castle of revenge, close to the judgment that would fate their lives forever. Once they past the big oak tree, Gabrielle's heart began to race, as if she knew they were close to arriving. Xena must have realized the fright, because her grip on the young woman tightened.
"You ok Brie?" Xena lowered her forehead to rest on her lover's shoulder as her senses worked hard on the surrounding scene. "Yes...Xe… I'm fine." Gabrielle's voice was only a whisper, but the tone was one of pure fear.
"Don't be scared Brie." Her hold on the young women became stronger as if she were afraid of losing her. "Listen Gabrielle, I love you…No matter what happens..." Xena's voice trailed off into a saddened tone. "You will always own my heart."
Gabrielle heard the words but couldn't respond for she could only hold her lover closer as Xena continued. "I will never stop loving you, no matter what fate we are destined to overcome. Do you understand?" The warrior's words struck her like a thousands daggers entering her at once.
The Queen silently wondered if this was her goodbye, her lover's last words.
"I will not hear this Xena… I can't. You have plenty of time to tell me this later." Gabrielle's voice was surprisingly strong considering their line of conversation. "Xena…you and I are meant to be one. There is no one or anything that will keep me away from you…"
Xena hugged her companion tightly, while placing her head on her shoulder once again.
"I know Gabrielle...I know."
Ephiny signaled an immediate halt as they crossed over a big grassy area on top of a hill. Xena quickly slid off her horse, grabbing her sword as she fell. Once on the ground she met Ephiny who was ducking behind a huge boulder positioned at the edge. As she peeked over to see the view, she realized Gabrielle had dismounted and was quietly walking over to them. The Queen ducked down next to her warrior before taking her own look. "Is that it?" She asked softly, as she grabbed hold of her warrior's hand within hers. Ephiny answered, "yes…that's Callisto's home."
Gabrielle lowered her eyes to escape the view as her breathing increased making it hard to breathe. Xena realized the change and turned to face her. She found Gabrielle's skin was the color of snow, and her lover's breathing was paced as quickly as hers.
"It's ok Brie… I'm here."
Ephiny reached to grab the potion positioned in her cleavage. "Here you go Xena."
The warrior and the Queen watched as the Regent opened the small bottle and handed it over. Xena reached out to grab it when she felt small hands around her waist holding her back.
"Xena. NO! Not unless we do it together!" Ephiny quickly responded with a fast, "NO!" She wasn't about to subject the Queen to the mischief of their enemy.
Xena shook her head, knowing damn well there was no way Gabrielle would join her when dealing with Callisto. But before anything could be done, as quickly as the warrior herself, Gabrielle grabbed the dagger carefully placed between Xena's breasts and stood up. The warrior moved to grab her, when Gabrielle stepped away. She held the dagger up to her arm, scraping the edge against her wrist. The cuts were apparent immediately, but only flesh wounds.
"Gabrielle NO!" Ephiny jumped up to secure back the Amazon's that rushed towards the Queen. Xena remained on her knees, her face now pale as death.
"Gabrielle…what are you doing?"
The Queen surprisingly was calm as she responded, "listen Xe…I am losing you anyway. If you take the potion and leave me! I will…I will… " The tears started down her face when she spoke the last words. Xena remained completely still, afraid she would harm herself further if she attempted to move. "I will not sit back and watch you leave me XENA."
"But Gabrielle!"
"No, we both take the potion… double the chances of catching her…Or no deal!" The stinging in her arms could not surpass the agony of her heart. The Queen's shoulders shook as she began to cry.
"Please…Xena... don't defy me!"
"Brie… Give me the dagger and we'll talk about this. Please."
Gabrielle pressed the sharp steel against the sensitive area of her wrist.
"NO MORE TALKING. We have to do it together!"
Using slow movements Xena looked up at the Regent. "Ephiny…give me the potion."
The Regent was hesitant in cooperating, "No Xena. I can't…"
"By the love of your Goddess Ephiny, GIVE ME THAT POTION!"
After seeing the desperation in her Queen's face, Ephiny quickly complied and handed it over. Xena held it tightly in one hand as she looked up at her lover.
"Gabrielle… give me the knife!"
The Queen laughed quietly to herself as she slid the sharp edge against her skin once again. "I'm serious Xena… Give me the potion." The warrior saw the hurt in her lover's eyes, the seriousness behind her actions and surrendered. "Here… take it!"
The Queen looked around to focus on the observing eyes. "This is the new plan…" She dropped the dagger to her feet, holding the potion like it was life itself.
"It's my turn to delegate!"

Callisto kicked Shae in the chest and caused her to fall back on bound wrists. "AHHH!" The warrior just laughed, "Stay down…. Be quiet. I feel the moment of battle is near!"
Eileen struggled within her restraints. "DON'T HURT HER CALLISTO!"
The warrior heard the voice of the Amazon and turned. She walked over and bent down on one knee, towering the brave woman. "What did you say Eileen?"
"I said…" Eileen spit blood from her mouth as she spoke. "Don't touch her. Please you've done enough."
Callisto just smiled her evil grin. "Oh… I won't hurt her Eileen…"
She got up, stepped over the Amazon and headed towards the door.
"Not until I have Xena here to witness it!"
She laughed, slamming the door behind her.

Callisto walked down the hall over to the open area of her living space. Positioned there, were several guards that calmly ate and drank until they saw Callisto enter the room. All of them stood, awaiting the command of attack. As she sat down she noticed the seat beside her was empty. Looking over to the empty seat she asked, "where is she?" The guards all shrugged their shoulders, unsure of how to answer the apparently furious woman.
"Who saw her last?" she asked.
A guard cleared his throat before locking eyes with the Goddess. "She left two days ago, said it was you request that she go?"
Callisto's eyes shined with disgust, as she poured herself some port and placed it on the table. "She left huh? And no one bothered to ask me?"
Callisto took a long sip of her drink as another man began to speak. "You mean she wasn't suppose to leave?"
As soon as he finished the sentence her dagger struck him in the middle of his throat. His expression was one of pure shock as he fell to the floor dead. "Stupid MAN!"
Callisto rolled her eyes then grabbed her dagger lodged within the dead man's body.
"LOOK! I will not keep repeating this to all of you that decide not to listen to me. That bitch switched sides again…She's probably back with her Amazon Sisters!"
She took another long drink of her port before making her shocking announcement.
"If anyone see Zalis during the battle, capture her… Keep her alive… and place her in a spot where I could reach her later. Is this understood?"
The men quickly nodded a response, scared of the rage in the blonde's eyes.
"GOOD!" Callisto grabbed the plate in front of her and threw it before storming out of the room. "GOD DAMN WOMEN!" she screamed.
Her men were able to hear her rage of anger as she entered the long hall and made her way to the dungeon. "THEY WILL ALL PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE!"

The Queen gave her orders, starting with the Amazon's bundled up in the back. "You will preoccupy the attackers! Go only through the front entrance. Make it a quick fight, but keep them there!"
She waited for them to nod before looking over at her lover. Xena was standing besides her, quietly listening to the strategy of her young companion. Once the Queen finished, she looked over at Castera and commanded.
"You and Zalis will guide the fighters in…Make sure to keep them away from the hall that leads to the rooms…understand?" Castera nodded her head in compliance, but Zalis resisted the command.
"My Queen… I wish to go with you and Xena. I feel that I could help..."
Xena's eyebrows crunched up, expressing the annoyance she had with the Amazon.
"NO Zalis…I need you with Castera!"
"But my Qu…." Gabrielle rose her hand, instantly quieting the noise. "I said…. You go with Castera!"
Zalis bit her lip, but it was obvious that she had more to say. "Yes my Queen."

Gabrielle took her lover's hand within her own and signaled for Sarina and Ephiny to come to her. Once they were in their tight circle Xena explained the plan one last time as the others waited patiently. After a few moments, Gabrielle looked up and told her last command. "Be safe Amazons! May the love of Artemis be with us all!"

Gabrielle looked up to find the lost expression across Xena's face. The worry in her beautiful eyes was obvious.
"Xena… I've trusted you…. Now trust me."
A lonely tear slid down the warrior's face as she replied.
"Please Gabrielle…I beg you."
Gabrielle tried with all her might to hold back her tears, but couldn't. "Xena…I have to."
The warrior reached over and placed her lover in a tight hug. "No you don't…"
Gabrielle held her tighter then ever and whispered, "Xena…I have to."

The four women slowly approached the back window. Luckily it was still open, as they had left it.
One last kiss and hug before Gabrielle and Xena took their portion of the wicked drink. Xena lowered to her knees, pushed back the wooden frame and jumped down through the window. Once at the bottom she held her hands up to receive Gabrielle who came down next. Gabrielle was gagging from the taste of the horrid drink as she locked eyes with her lover. "You ok Brie?" Xena placed her hands on the smaller women's shoulder.
"Yes Xena…Just a little dizzy. It will pass." The warrior could hear the battle had started and said, "we need to hurry. Get them down here now!"
She could feel the same dizziness occurring and worried that the potion would strike before it needed to. She moved over to take her place by the Queen. As they waited for the Regent to lower, Xena placed her arm around Gabrielle's shoulder. She placed a gently kiss on her forehead and whispered.
"I love you so much Brie…"
Gabrielle attempted to catch the Regent's weight as she glanced over at her lover.
"I love you too."

The noise of the battle was so obvious that the sounds were overwhelming. They could already hear the killing, the sacrifices that their Amazon's made in order to finish the plan. They made it past the dungeon doors, when they heard the screeching sounds of death down the hall.
As they approached the room they hoped housed Callisto, a few guards jumped in front of them dragging Zalis by her arms. She had a puncture wound that ran straight through her abdomen. From the sight it was obvious she was terribly hurt. Xena stormed forward kicking them across the chest. It caused them to release the woman and fall back.
Ephiny grabbed the Amazon in her arms, and screamed.
"GET THE TARTARTUS OUT OF HERE XENA! You're running out of time!"
Ephiny couldn't help but break out into tears of sadness, even with her current lover by her side. Zalis was covered in her own blood and the chances of her surviving were low. As Ephiny lowered to her knees in defeat, Xena grabbed her stunned Gabrielle and moved on. The potion was starting to make them extremely dizzy. They rushed by with no confrontations as they headed down towards their destination of truth.

Ephiny held her ex lover tightly in her arms. "Sarina go! Help them!"
Sarina looked down at her lover and watched the tears that rolled down her face.
"GO NOW SARINA!"
The Amazon turned and headed down the hall in search of Gabrielle.
Ephiny locked eyes with Zalis, feeling the pain of losing a close friend, one that long ago was her wife. The injured woman tried hard to say her last words, but struggled in her attempt. "Ep…I'm… sorry… Ple..ase .forgive me...I…" Ephiny placed her head on the woman's shoulder, " please hold on Zal… don't leave me… GOds please don't leave me."
When Ephiny looked up at the sounds of warrior's heading her direction, she realized her friend had died.
"AHH GOD no!" She held her closely for a brief moment before the thought of Sarina alone overtook her. She placed a gentle kiss upon the smaller woman's lips.
"Goodbye friend… I'm so sorry... "
She stood, leaving the lifeless body on the floor as she stormed through the halls in search of her lover.
" SARINA! WHERE ARE YOU!"

As the door swung open, Callisto looked up from her work and smiled. Xena entered first, sword in hand, and ready to kill. The potion was playing games with her mind, teasing her sense of hearing, and seeing. She locked eyes with her opponent, a stern expression across her face. "LET them go Callisto!"

The Amazon's were propped up against the side wall, with their hands and legs tied behind them. They were obviously beaten to a blooding mess, but remained alive.
Xena tried to shake off the dizzy spell that tried to consume her as she watched Callisto walk over to Shae.
"We've been waiting for you Xena…"
Callisto just seemed to laugh more from the expression across the warrior's face. Xena's grip on the sword was loosening and the room was beginning to slightly spin. She thought of Gabrielle that waited patiently outside with Sarina. She thought quickly of alternative plans if this spell didn't take effect soon. Little did she know that it had taken full effect. She needed to speak further for it to effect the enemy in the way she needed it to.
Callisto grabbed Eileen's hair and pulled her head back, exposing her neck. Before Xena could react the dagger was grabbed and was held to the Amazon's neck.
"Where's your brat Princess?"
Xena closed her eyes, shaking of the strange feeling of helplessness that consumed her.
"This is what I'll do with Gabrielle when I see her Xena!"
The warrior looked up to focus on sadistic brown eyes. Then with quick motion the knife slid evenly across the Amazon's neck, shedding her blood across the ground.
"NO! Gods XENA DO SOMETHING!" Shae screamed.
Xena finally found her voice as Callisto moved over to grasp Shae's neck. "Callisto NO!"
She was in mid laugh when her attention suddenly moved over to Xena. "Want to see that again Warrior?"
Callisto attempted to laugh when she felt a dizziness that she couldn't explain, and Xena found only clarity. Callisto locked eyes with the blue eyed woman, and dropped the dagger from her grip.
"Xena?"
Callisto shook her head and replied, "trying to trick me Xena…. Huh?"
The blonde warrior licked her lips and asked,
" Why are you looking at me like that?" She smiled up at her opponent, "wanna play? I'd like to play with…"
Callisto heard the words escape her mouth and slightly panicked. She took the sword and slid it across her thigh, opening the skin. The slight pain momentarily took her out of the daze. It was obvious in the warrior's eyes that Xena wanted to ravish her as well.
Callisto smiled as she placed the sword behind her back. She seductively trailed her eyes along the firm warrior body, knowing quiet well she could have Xena if she pleased.
Xena tried to rationalize, and remember the reason for the situation but couldn't. She only knew the woman she thought she loved was headed towards her.
Callisto shook her head trying to disregard the strong feeling of love she herself was experiencing. Trying to convince herself that she wanted her blood and not her body was difficult. They were a few feet away from each other, when they began to circle. Both wanted to be the aggressor, the dominator in their vicious cycle of hated and sex.
From afar the scene looked like both opponents wanted to ravish the other, rather then defeat them. The world seemed to disappear, leaving them alone in the big space, as the starred at each other with seductive expressions.

Sarina listened at the door, as Ephiny kicked off attackers that threatened them. She tugged on Ephiny to continue with the plan when they were bomb barred. Sarina pushed the Queen into the room and ran, as an enemy jabbed his sword through her lover's right shoulder.
In a mad rage, Sarina killed all that came near and cried for someone to help. She tried to drag Ephiny away from the scene, but there were too many men to fight off. As the sword extracted from her lower waist, she fell onto of her lover's body. AHHH! Oh GODS No! She thought silently, feeling the end of her life was near.

The two warriors smiled at each other like this was a game of foreplay, a game of seduction.
"Missed me Callisto?"
The warrior just smiled at the princess, feeling the rush of adrenaline her voice alone brought her. "The Question is…Did you miss me?"

Then from the corner of the room was the voice that broke all concentration.
"Callisto!"
Both eyes observed the woman that now stood before them, staff in hand. "I think you mean me!"
Her eyes moved from the blonde to the tall brunette. "You're pathetic Xena." The Queen's voice was blunt and cruel.
"What?" Xena momentarily broke the daze to focus in on her ex lover's eyes. They shined a wanting, a passion that was now directed towards Callisto alone.
"You made her like this Xena. And you don't even have an ounce of regret! Many lives would have been saved if you had never been born!"
"WHAT?" Xena felt the sensation of hurt, but didn't understand the cause.
Callisto held the sword tightly within her grip, confused as to why this woman was insulting the woman she thought she loved. She looked up into angry blue eyes, "you ok Xena?" Callisto moved to take her place beside the warrior, in a stance of protection. Xena's eyes turned red with anger, as she looked up to focus on the Queen's face.
"She's only an Amazon… easily taken care of. Why shouldn't I be ok? "

The warrior's laughed at the woman that threatened them with a mere staff. Yet Callisto did feel a bit hesitant in ridding of the small Queen completely. She turned to focus on Xena who had reached down to caress Callisto's backside. "Would you like to kill her Calli? Or should I?"
Xena placed a gentle kiss on Callisto's lips and awaited the reply. "No Xe…let's play with her first… ok?"
Xena could only smirk at the thought. "I'm up for playing with an Amazon… They're the hardest to break in."
Xena smiled at the thought of teaching this young Queen a lesson about messing with the new destroyer of nations.
"Sure Calli…Let's play! It's been years since I've taken an Amazon as mine."

Chapter 17

Sarina fell to her lover's side, trying to shield her body from the enemies that towered above them. She hoped silently that someone would help Gabrielle, for they had miserably failed. Now the Queen was left completely alone to deal with Xena and Callisto. Their well-calculated plan was now nonexistent, resulting in the nation risking their most valuable possession.
She closed her eyes to surrender to pain as she felt strong hands tug and pull her from Ephiny's body. "No! Leave me!" she screamed.
She was semi-unconscious not realizing what was occurring around her. "DON'T TOUCH ME!" She could feel every violent strike against her, but was completely helpless. All she could tell was that strong hands were dragging her across the hall, causing her to cry out in agony. She screamed out her lover's name, in hope that someone would hear her and come to their rescue. She was in so much pain that she wasn't sure how much longer she could hold on. She looked down at her bloody self and started to cry. But before she past out, she focused in on the Amazons that raced towards her. Gods…help us! "Save Gabrielle!"

Xena and Callisto walked slowly to their prey, as Gabrielle began her senseless chattering. "Callisto, It's me you want. Admit it!" The anger was clear across the young woman's face. She didn't understand why Callisto was storming her and threatening her with harmful words. "You're suppose to be protecting me Callisto…not her."
A slight hesitation arose as Gabrielle caught a glimpse of the angry warlord's face. She didn't understand what was happening. She grabbed her staff tightly, and attempted to strike the warrior, but Xena grabbed it and tossed her to the ground. As Xena lunged down to strike the Queen, Callisto stopped her.
" No… not so rough."
The blonde warrior repositioned her body between the warrior and Queen. "Please Xena…Don't hurt her." She gently nudged Xena's face so that she could focus on her eyes. "We'll take her my way but you have to follow my lead. Gabrielle's right. I mean her no harm." She caressed the side of the warrior's face as she looked back down at Gabrielle's puppy eyed stare.
Xena raised an eyebrow and questioned, "what in Hades is it you want Callisto?"
The warrior's response was seductive yet intimidating."I want us to play with her a little." Callisto smiled at her own remark. "Until she screams my name up to her pathetic Goddess."
Xena looked at the young woman with a bastard stare and asked, "how do you want to play with her?"
The Queen slowly began to take small steps back towards the door. Her head felt heavy with confusion, and hurt. She was unsure of the circumstances that had taken her to this place in Callisto's quarters. Last thing she remembered was walking in to find some tall brunette flirting with her blonde lover. Needless to say she was shocked with her lover's suggestion to take her sexually with out asking. But what was more shocking is that Callisto wanted to share her with this blue eyed stranger. What's going on here?
She thought silently as she watched the two women exchange a lustful kiss before turning towards her. "Callisto…GRAB HER…and I'll tie her…"
"I told you XENA. I will tell you what we will do with her…Understand?" Xena lowered her eyes, playing into the game of control as she tried to trick her.
"Ok Calli…I'll grab her and you tie her up." "XENA STOP! WE DO IT MY WAY, or not at all!"
The Queen locked eyes with Callisto, expressing a face of anger that could kill. "There's no way in HELL that I will allow this CALLISTO!" The Queen smiled a sarcastic smile then proceeded to spit in the face of the blonde wonder. "You BITCH!" was screamed before Gabrielle turned to run. "I WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU TO DO THIS!"

The door suddenly swung open and arrows, from no where, flew through the room.
"AHHH XENA!"
Callisto was struck inches from her heart, causing her to gasp in utter pain. Blood drained quickly from the injury, like uncontrollable waves as she hit the ground.
Xena flipped through the air landing inches in front of her attacker. Gabrielle stepped back and observed the scene.
"YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE!" Xena screamed as she held the Amazon tightly by the neck against the wall. The anger that arose in Xena was something rarely seen, and quite intimidating. "AHHHH! You will pay for this AMAZON!"
Shae could see that blood draining for her freind's face and started to scream. The anger within her soul was intense, as she struggled to free herself. "LET HER GO XENA!"
Xena tightened her hold around the Castera's neck and brought her face inches from the suffocating woman. "Stupid AMAZON!"
With one more squeeze, the Amazon fell to the ground unconscious, and Xena jerked back from the arrow that tore through her body with eerie force.
Shocked, Xena looked up to see the Amazon who shot the arrow.
"Taylor! YOU…"
Before Xena could finish, the sleeping powder at the end of the arrow entered her blood stream and sent her smashing against the
In the meantime,Gabrielle cried over Callisto's sleeping form before looking up with fury in her eyes. She focused on the Amazon's green eyes, not recognizing her as Taylor, but as the woman that hurt her lover. She jumped up, grabbed her staff and rushed to attack the brown-haired stranger. Taylor backed up as she prepared to fire the next arrow aimed at the small Queen. She was hesitant in causing any harm to her, but under the circumstances saw no other way. Taylor had pulled back the bow and re adjusted the arrow when Shae found her voice. "NO! TAYLOR Don't!"
The arrow released and penetrated the Queen's left shoulder, forcing Gabrielle to tumble back onto the floor. The Queen fell to her knees took a few panted breaths and past out.

Taylor stood there in disbelief at what she had done. Shooting the Queen in the shoulder with the special arrow was not something she was supposed to do. She had so many thoughts racing through her mind that it was difficult to think. The only thing that pulled her away from herself was the sound of her lover's voice.
"Tay…lor…"
The Amazon lowered to her knees in front of her, as she dared to look over at Eileen. Poor Eileen was unfortunately dead explaining the reason for Shae's hysteria. Taylor tired to deny her own emotions that threatened her. She had failed in arriving sooner due to her help with other injured Amazons. But just in time to save her lover from the grips of the enemy. She reached around to untie the binds that held Shae a prisoner. As the metal restraints came off Taylor was placed into a tight hug that almost suffocated her. "It's ok Shae…I'm here for you now." She returned the tight embrace as she started to cry. "I'll always be here for you…I promise."

The door swung open causing Taylor to turn and jump to her feet. She grabbed Callisto's sword from the ground and raised it up to the intruder. But before she had a chance to attack the man fell to the floor dead. The arrow had penetrated in through his back and punctured his heart.
Taylor's insecurities vanished as the Amazons rushed in through the door. Natalie was the first to arrive, and she rushed over to Eileen's side in the attempt to save her. Taylor realized that she was the oldest Amazon present and decided to take command. She rushed over to the Queen and began her requests of escape. The plan would be to get everyone out including Callisto and Eileen. No one would be left behind as long as she was in control. She felt strange taking the leadership but Shae was too incoherent to lead and everyone else was missing. As she picked up the Queen in her arms she looked over to see the young woman that rushed through the door.
"Sarina and Ephiny are on wagons and on the way to the village Taylor!"
"Good… Help Marineh pick up Callisto and lets get the Tartarus out of here! Shae will die if we don't get her medicine!"
"Yes Taylor...right away!"
They managed to get everyone out safely, even the bodies of the dead were recovered.

There were two cages in the Amazon prison that were occupied by the Queen and the two warriors. They had placed Gabrielle in one cage, in fear that the warriors would cause her harm. They placed her gently on the ground and left a pot of water by her side. She was tied against the wall by one arm, allowing her movement. The guards were told to take care of the jail while the others tended to the wounded.
The two guards watched as the princess began to stir in the corner and became alarmed at the result of her wakening. When Xena opened her eyes, she found herself gagged and bound to a cement wall. She could feel her head resting uncomfortably against the metal bars. Her hands and feet were tied up in front of her. She used slow measures in analyzing the situation, moving only her eyes for observation. She found Callisto face down on the ground, with her hands and legs tied behind her. Her eyes couldn't focus, she only see outlines of people in the room.
"WHO IN HADES IS THERE!"
The sound of her scream woke the blonde warrior immediately, and startled the Amazon's. The two guards quickly stood, holding their weapons close as they approached. Callisto moaned in pain as she struggled to move, aware of her injuries. "Xena? Are we dead?"
Why the Amazon's would keep Callisto alive was beyond them.
"Is this Hell?"
Callisto began to laugh at her remark as she continued with her questioning.
"Where in Tartarus are we?"
Xena's neck cracked as she moved off the wall. After a sigh of relief she replied to her injured companion.
"GOD DAMN AMAZONS…have us here!"

Taylor was sleeping peacefully on the chair when she felt a gentle hand awake her. She opened her eyes to find the healer looking down at her. "She's awake love…"
Taylor ran her hand down her face as she stood. " Thank you Clara…Can I see her?"
"Of course you can."
The healer guided the young women to the next hut where it housed the injured Amazons. As she entered she heard the uncomfortable silence that crowded the room. She walked over to where Shae was lying and placed her hand on her shoulder. The woman was lying on her back, with her bare skin against the cold pallet. It was obvious she was badly injured from the skin that had turned yellow with infection. "Oh Shae..."
Taylor lowered her eyes and took Shae's hand within hers.
Shae was awakened by the sudden movement and opened her eyes to find glazed green ones. She blinked several times, trying to understand who stood above her.
"How's Gabri…" Her mouth felt the pressure of Taylor's fingers that covered her lips. "Shh…She's fine love…Please try and relax." The Amazon tried to re adjust but cried out in pain from her quick movement.
Shae remained shaking in her agony as the healer placed her gentle hands against her skin. She could feel the warmth that radiated off the Amazon's body, as the blanket was placed above her.
"Let me see what I can do Shae." She whispered as she tried new methods of healing on the young woman.
Taylor placed a gently kiss on her lips then turned to leave when she heard, "is the Queen ok?" The Amazon turned and responded softly, " she's fine Shae...I'll come see you later love." "Taylor...don't leave..."
"I'll be back in a little bit...I need to check on Ephiny...I love you Shae."
After the slight nod of approval from her injured lover she walked out.
She didn't have the heart to tell Shae, that the Queen may never return to her hold self. She walked with her head down, starring closely at the ground. Why is this happening? She questioned as she wiped the tears from her face.

Taylor walked into the jail sector to find Ephiny talking to the Callisto. The blonde destroyer was speaking as she took her place beside the Regent. "This is all your fault Ephiny." The Regent held her balance with the wall as she answered, "what…what do you mean?" The anger in her eyes was instantly visible, as she squinted in pain from moving. Callisto giggled in the attempt to push more buttons with angry Amazon. As Callisto started her explanation, Taylor's concentration turned from Callisto to Xena whose glare was intensely directed at Gabrielle. It was as if they were having their own conversation with their eyes alone. It was inspiring for her to obtain the hope that things might work out ok. What she didn't understand was the train of thoughts the two women were in as they starred. She didn't understand that their thoughts weren't as loving as she had hoped. Gabrielle was oblivious to the fact that Xena was thinking of ways to kill her later. While Xena was unaware that Gabrielle was thinking of ways to rid her lover's new woman.
Callisto continued with her accusations as Taylor shifted her attention.
"You're Queen is suffering Amazon…and all because of you!"
Ephiny tried to move towards the gates to attack when she felt strong hands pull her back. "LET ME go…" she screamed.
Taylor rushed over to take her place in front of the furious woman. "Ephiny No… Stay back here with us!" Taylor insisted.
Looking over Taylor's shoulder, Ephiny responded to the incorrigible warrior. "What are you trying to say!" The shock in her voice was apparent to all in the room. Callisto struggled within her restraints, spitting the dirt that had found its place in her mouth. It was uncomfortable for her to be face down on the ground, trying to speak. She lowered her head to rest and in the process took note of the intense glare Xena had upon her Gabrielle. This stirred a huge set of emotions that clouded her mind as she observed Xena. The Regent realized Callisto's distraction and caught her attention by yelling, "EXPLAIN TO ME CALLISTO!"
The warrior tore her attention from Xena and looked up to see Ephiny. "Think Carefully Amazon!"
Ephiny jerked her arm escaping from the tight hold. "NO…You tell me!" She took a step forward causing Taylor to take a step back. "Tell ME NOW!"
Callisto lowered her face into the dirt with her eyes lost into Xena's body beside her. Her words were barely heard but there seemed to be a once of sadness in her expressions. "Did Zalis die Ephiny?"
The Regent lowered her eyes and questioned, "Zalis… how did…"
Ephiny's mouth hung open in disbelief but she remained quiet and still. Her thoughts quickly raced as too how Callisto knew of her former lover. "Why do you ask about her Callisto?" The anger within her exploded. The blonde warrior turned again to see Xena still hypnotized into the still form in the other cage. "XENA STOP THAT!" Callisto spit once again before continuing. "DON"T LOOK AT HER XENA!"
The princess slowly turned away from the familiar green eyes and stared back at Callisto. "WHAT?" Xena asked, unaware of the jealousy arising.
Callisto replied with a mean look before shifting her eyes back on the Amazon. As they locked eyes the Regent asked, "what in Tartarus are you trying to say?" Callisto hissed in annoyance as she began to tell the truth about their shared friend Zalis. The reality that would piece together the reasons the adventure first began.
Callisto carefully turned her body to the side until she had completely rolled over on her back. Then she used her strong legs to push herself back against the wall. With careful movement she was able to push herself up so that she was sitting next to her warrior. Considering her injuries, it was scary to see that she could still get out of any situation. Once she was comfortable she continued with her explanation. "So? Did she die?" The words ran through Ephiny's heart like a sword that ruptured her soul. She became still as a board, and her eyes glazed with emotion. Callisto smiled up at her and said, "because if she did…I will miss fucking her."
Two other Amazons rushed over to keep the Regent from lashing forward. "WHAT!" Ephiny pushed Taylor to the side with a force that made her fall as she screamed for the others to release her. "LEAVE ME ALONE…that's an order!" The Amazon's had to obey her words and allowed her free. However they stood inches away ready to grab her if needed. "DON'T you dare talk about her like THAT!" Callisto saw the madness in her eyes and smiled over at Xena. Not looking at the Regent she replied, "she was a great lover, for being an Amazon."
Ephiny rushed forward even with the restraints posed by her Amazons. "You're lying."
Callisto smirked, pleased to see how angry she was getting her. "Lying about her being a great lover? No…I think you know that to be true."
"STOP LYING CALLISTO!" Ephiny was grabbed by two Amazon's that proceeded in dragging her out, or at least tried to. "CALLISTO!"
The warrior smiled up at her and said, "you stupid Amazon… can't you see that she came to me after you cheated on her with your wench. You made her side with me, and it got her killed."
Ephiny struggled to free herself as she screamed in anger. "NO…that's not true!"
"Oh yes it is. Whose idea do you think it was to get the potion? If it weren't for you, none of this would have happened."
Ephiny started to pant with rage as the women succeeded in dragging her out before it got too complicated. "NO…You're LYING!" She was forced out of the doors as she yelled, "I will KILL you FOR THIS!"
Callisto broke out into hysterical laughter and shortly after the Queen and princess joined her.
"These damn women are too attached for their own good. Makes them perfect objects to manipulate." Gabrielle smirked at the remark then lowered her eyes to the ground as she said, "they're only Amazons Callisto."


Ephiny stormed out, pressing her hand up against her injury to stop it from bleeding. Sarina, still at the healer's tent, heard someone screaming for Ephiny and pushed the healer away before stumbling out. Even though she re opened the wounds, she stormed out after her lover. "Ephiny WAIT!"
Sarina chased after her furious companion, which dashed through the village in a crazed fit. She struck all that came in her path, tossing benches, weapons, and even Amazons. Her mind was fully focused on the anger, the rage that automatically arose. Her destination was the Queen's tent. Sarina tried to keep a certain distance as her angry lover tore her way through the path. She practically ripped the flaps of the tent as she entered. She rushed to the middle of the Queen's quarters, lowered to her knees and screamed. Screamed the name of their goddess in a frantic cry. Sarina lowered to her knees beside her and watched the insane behavior.
"Why are you up Sarina!" Her sobbing made it hard for her to talk. "You should be resting…this is my problem."
Sarina placed her arms around her frantic lover in complete silence not quite sure of what to say. She just wanted to hold her, no matter how much it hurt her physically to do so.
"I'm here for you Ep...please let me hold you."

In the meantime Artemis was watching from afar, not sure if she should appear before them. She thought first to appear, but decided after seeing Ephiny's rage to take other measures. She closed her eyes and sent herself to her home in Mt Olympus. This was a situation that was to out of control. It was time to involve the Gods.


When Artemis appeared she found herself on the steps of her father's pedestal. But there was no one to be seen. She went over to the table and grabbed the note left there by another's hand. After finding it said nothing important she closed her eyes and screamed the names of those she needed to talk to. She cried out for her sisters Athena and Aphrodite. She cried out for her father Zeus and her brother Ares. The first to appear almost instantly was the goddess of love and desire. "Problems sister?" Artemis turned to find her gorgeous sister crossed armed in the corner. "From the sound of your voice, I figured you meant business. I wasn't too far away." Aphrodite seemed to be smirking down at her sister's distress. Artemis ignored the annoying expression. "I just wish the others listened to me as quickly.
"What's the plan sis?" Athena's voice broke through their slight silence. "You know your Amazon's are making quiet mess of our reputations right?" Artemis turned to look over at the goddess of combat and victory. "WHAT...My AMAZONS ARE?"
Athena looked concern, as she walked over to take her place by her raged sister. "They are causing big problems down there, with the neighboring village."
"They're angry." Artemis answered back. "They just haven't figured out how to solve this issue."
" And we have?" Aphrodite interrupted. Goddess love moved to take a seat by her father's throne. "I have to admit, this is a very huge problem. "It's hard to keep Xena and Gab together with all this stupid Amazon stuff happening around them." Aphrodite seemed unfazed by the recent occurrences. Her only concern was that the couple remained together as she fitted them to be.
Artemis paced around the room, "my amazon's had nothing to do with this. This was Are's fault!" Athena looked over at her babbling sister. "Well… where are the men in this family anyway?"
Zeus appeared right on cue, and walked over to his daughter by the throne.
"Afternoon Aphri," he whispered down to her, as he sat on his huge chair. He looked up to focus on his other two daughters that remained quiet yet obviously irritated.
"Wait… before anyone says anything." He rose his hand in the air, and called upon the troublemaker in the family. "ARES!"

It took just a few moments for the god of war to make his crash landing next to his dad. He was half dressed as he fell. He jumped up angry for being pulled away from his time of fun on earth. "Sit my son… We have much to discuss." Ares ran his hand through his long hair biting his tongue. He obeyed and turned to look at the evil stares coming from the sisters. "Ok…Ok, what is there to discuss?" He asked annoyed at the interruption.
"What is there to discuss?" Artemis was furious at her brothers dumbfounded question. Aphrodite just chuckled, finding the chaos of the situation funny.
Artemis was now furious with the situation. She stormed over to take her place by her brother. "Do you know what you've done?" Ares just smirked up at the goddess. "Yes…so?" Artemis lashed out to strike at his firm jaw, but before it hit Athena interfered and grabbed her sister. She scooted Artemis back challenging her to relax. Artemis complied but kept talking. "Because of you my nation is doomed to falling. My chosen one is lost within an empty space in her mind. My Amazons are finding anger and revenge within their pure souls…. And there's nothing I can do for them!"
Zeus stood, "enough yelling." He looked over at the son that had caused this family crisis. "You," he pointed down at Ares. "You have a lot of explaining to do." He looked up to focus on the struggling daughters. "Athena?" She turned to match eyes with her father, still holding her sister back with one arm. "Yes father?" He locked eyes with her, an intense stare on his face. "Do you know what happened." After she nodded her head he went on. "Explain everything to me… Art is too upset, and frankly I won't handle screaming."

"BUT FATHER!" Artemis added. "Enough daughter… Only Athena may talk.
Athena gave her sister a calming look she turned to look at her father. "Well father…" Athena began, " I also have lost my chosen one…" The sadness in her expressions showed the pain she felt from the circumstances surrounding the situation. It all started…"

It took quite a while for her to explain all that had occurred. It wasn't until the story turned to explaining about Ares that the problem began. He stood in an angry rage as he explained, "I walked away from this long before the problems occurred!"
Artemis rushed towards him, again raging with madness. "Don't you dare tell me this had nothing to do with you… Damn YOU TO HADES!" Ares just laughed, not affected by the pain filling the room. "Damn me to HADES?

Zeus looked utterly confused as he looked over to Aphrodite quietly crunched up in the corner. She shrugged her shoulders, not quite sure what to say to her father.
"FATHER! ARES must pay for what he has…" "ENOUGH yelling daughter…"
He said directed towards the frantic Goddess of hunt, Artemis. "We'll figure this out!"
He smiled down at his quiet daughter Aphrodite then switched his stare to Ares. His smile quickly faded, as he spoke. "You will pay for this my son." Ares shrugged his shoulders, annoyed at the fact that he had been caught. Zeus looked up to find Artemis struggling in the arms of her sister once again.
"Stop Art… I will fix this. I promise…. I just need you to relax." His voice had calmed drastically since his tone with Ares. "I have a solution that might work… But you all must calm down in order for me to explain."
Artemis stepped away from her sister, her eyes locked at her pathetic brother. Athena just nodded her head, paying close attention to the fighting siblings. Zeus rose in hand in the air, "I think we should…"

It was true, chaos was occurring down in the Amazon village. A few thugs had taken the opportunity to grab some Amazons at their weak point and raid the village. But the Amazons used their reserved anger and fighting skills to chase them out.
Their brave Regent had lost her mind completely and Sarina was close to following. They could only fight in hope that their efforts would save the nation. But unfortunately there were few of them healthy enough to fight.
Taylor rushed across the village searching for their Regent. As she crossed a corner she smashed into an Amazon who was running the opposite direction. Their bodies hit hard, causing them both to crash onto the ground. The Amazon jumped up, grabbing Taylor by the arm as she stood. "What's the problem?" She asked completely out of breath.
"I…I need to find Ephiny!"
"What's wrong Taylor?"
"Xena and Callisto are close to escaping! We need a new plan!"
The Amazon's eyes shined with terror as she replied, "What!"
They simultaneously turned towards the jail cells, "let's GO!"
With all the skilled Amazon's hurt it would be up to Shae's new class of warrior's to fight. They took off in a dashing run as Taylor screamed, "She's going to KILL US ALL!"
As Castera made her way through the wooden doors, she could hear the cages rattling. She thought for sure Xena had found an escape but before she could panic, Taylor pushed her through the door. "Castera? I thought you were…"
Castera pushed Taylor against the side wall. "I'm fine… what are you doing here?" Taylor pushed back, confident in her actions. "You are the one that should be resting Castera. We're here to help. "
The older Amazon took a deep breath and nodded her head. "You're right, I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get hurt. Shae would kill me." They had a few seconds to smile at the remark before the rattling of the gates startled them out of their peace and back into hell.
The Amazon looked up to see the two separate cages still intact. The two warriors remained tied on the ground, but they had managed to scoot close enough to the bars to make noise. Xena kicked the side gate as Castera hesitantly approached. "YOU STUPID WOMAN!"
The Amazon ignored the screams coming from the warrior and looked up to focus on Callisto. The blonde hair monster just laughed at the situation presented. She rolled her eyes annoyed at the sudden verbal nonsense escaping Xena's mouth. "Oh…relax Xena…those women aren't worth the trouble."
Xena turned to her, "Don't TELL ME WHAT TO DO."
Callisto took in the words then looked away laughing harder. "Ok…Xena carry on…Tell the whores what you think of them."
Castera held her sword out in front of her, prepared for emergency, as she waited for Xena to continue. "I will KILL YOU all for this!" Castera tried not to show her fear, but the words from the princess left chills across her whole body. "I will take my time torturing each and everyone of YOU! I will take your Queen AND HAVE MY WAY WITH HER... AND I"LL MAKE YOU WATCH!"

The warrior continued on her useless ranting as Castera spaced off into her own worries. "AND WHEN I AM THROUGH, I kill her!"
Castera knew the two warriors would eventually find a way to escape their tight security. What would they do with Xena and Callisto on the same side? Her only option would be to wait and see what the Regent suggested they do. "DO YOU HEAR ME AMAZON! YOU BITCH…don't walk away from me!"
Castera turned back towards the exit but before she left she looked over to find the Queen scrunched down in the corner.
"DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ME!"
Gabrielle was not in shackles any longer but was still confined. She was sitting against the back wall, with her knees bent and arms wrapped around them. She was blankly staring out at the exit doors, with a look of confusion. She remained completely still as if observing everything happening in the room. The Amazon sighed and walked out with her head lowered at the ground. Poor Gabrielle…she thought.

Just then an Amazon rushed up to her, blood dripping from her face, "They're coming!" she screamed. "WHO?" Castera placed her hands on smaller shoulders. "Who's coming?" The young Amazon began to cry, her body shaking with fear.
"The warlords from the neighboring village are coming to save Xena… They heard she was back to her old self!" Castera looked up into the air, defeat entering her heart. "BY THE LOVE OF GODS!" She turned to run towards the Regent's tent in total panic. "EPHINY!"

Xena looked over at her blonde companion and laughed, "I told you they would come for me." Callisto spit some dry blood from her mouth and replied, "you mean for us." Xena rolled her eyes at the remark, "ya I mean for us…All three of us!"
Gabrielle looked up at the remark with a look of fear that left the room speechless. She felt dizziness re emerge as she closed her eyes, lowered to the ground and fell back asleep.

All became quiet as their mighty father explained his plan.
"The problems started the day Xena and her companion went to the village with Ephiny, Regent Amazon? Is this correct?"
Athena nodded her head trying desperately to hold her sister back with one arm. "IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR BASTARD SON!" Artemis screamed. "ENOUGH ART!"
The God of Olympus looked over at Aphrodite who shrugged her shoulders and bit down on her lower lip. The God smiled at his daughter then looked over to Ares who was drifting off into the far corner. "Ok…considering what I've heard…I feel something has to be done. What would you say to reversing time to that very day?"
"WHAT NO!" Ares finally decided to join in on the conversation."YOU can't reverse time!"

"Whoa…father." Aphrodite decided to join in as well, "We can't father! Do you know how hard it was to get those two together to begin with?" Again she was thinking about herself, very characteristic of the Goddess.
"YOU selfish…" Artemis moved without thinking, her destination on her stupid sister. Athena moved right along with her trying to prevent her from progressing. "ART WAIT!" She used her upper body to keep her crazed sister behind her. "Stop this ART"
Artemis knew she was restrained and attempted to scream over her sister's shoulder. "They still won't be together Aphri! For your information, they hate each other!" They hate ME!"
The Goddess of love took a step back and widened her eyes in disbelief. "Ok…ok…sorry Geezh…Guess I'm not up with current events. Relax sister!"
Artemis' eyes shined absolute anger and disgust for her family members. She stopped struggling within her sister's hold and looked up towards her father. Ares began to speak but immediately stopped when he saw Zeus raise his hand.
"Wait son… No more from you."
He was agitated and concerned with the whole situation. He knew that the fall of the Amazon tribe would destroy his daughter Artemis. Aphrodite would be affected by the fact that her chosen souls would drift off with out each other, causing distress. Then Athena came into the picture when the issue turned to Xena. She had recently made Xena her chosen one, taking her from the grips of Ares. It made sense for Zeus to have Xena safely guarded by his daughter rather then his son. "I've made up my mind!" All eyes looked up to concentrate on the Gods words. "I'm reversing time…Meaning all will restart to the morning at the tavern. No one will remember this event but us. Is that understood?" He looked over to catch Ares' angry glare. The god of war smirked up at his father and shrugged his shoulders, "Ya…ya…whatever." He lowered his eyes to the ground. "Can I go now?"
Zeus looked down at him and smiled, "NO…We need to talk!" He scattered his sight across his three daughters. "The rest of you may go." They all nodded up at the father before disappearing into the air.
With a wave of his hand, time was set to change by morning.
Moments earlier, warrior's stormed the village with violent force. There weren't enough healthy Amazons to hold them back. They rushed in killing everyone that tried to stop them. The first to die was Castera. As the sword penetrated her heart, she fell to the ground, clenching her chest as she died.
When Ephiny heard the noise she placed a soft kiss on her lover's lips before storming out into battle. She too found her death as did all the women that fought the brave attack. The warrior's made it through the defenses and into the jails where they succeeded in rescuing the destroyer and her blonde companion. As they broke into the Queen's cell to kidnap her, Artemis appeared and rescued her. They both disappeared into the air, leaving Xena screaming in rage. Even though the Goddess knew this terrible event would soon be over, she couldn't dare leave the Queen in the hands of Xena. For the fear that this memory would one day be recovered haunted her. She took Gabrielle into hiding for the remainder of the day, knowing the next morning it would be over.
Xena led her army out carefully, after making sure that all Amazon's had been killed. She even took a few Amazon's for the pleasure of torturing them that evening. Her only regret was not having the Queen. However hard she tried to deny it, she still felt a connection with the young woman.
A few candlemarks later, after a night filled of sadistic lovemaking and torturous killing, Xena held her lover in her arms. She kissed her gently on the lips before closing her eyes to rest. Her mission to rid the world of all Amazons would begin tomorrow, so she thought. Callisto returned the kiss content she was in the warrior's arms, as they fell deeply into sleep.
The next morning, Gabrielle slowly got up rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Xe...na?" She whispered. "XENA?" After she awoke finding Xena gone, she jumped up and started to change into her clothes..."HADES! She was supposed to wake me up!" She slipped on her short green top and adjusted her skirt...She carefully thought about the events of the previous night, trying to find a reason for Xena's disappearance. Moment's later Gabrielle came back to reality, still with no explanation of her warrior's disappearance, as she walked through town towards the Tavern.
"Where is she...maybe with Ephiny, but why didn't they wake me?" Before entering the tavern, she noticed the local villagers standing around staring at her. She was used to it, considering people usually thought she was crazy for traveling around with the Ex-Warlord. She figured all would be explained as soon as she found Xena and proceeded in her search.
Xena returned to the corner with two cups of port. She admitted it was too early to drink but under the circumstances it was justified. The idea for the meeting was to discuss the weird appearance she had from Ares the week prior. She wanted to suggest to the Ephiny that they hide Gabrielle for awhile but as she sat down, the line of conversation took on a new direction. "What did you want to talk about Xena?" The smirk across the Regent's face was distracting and led Xena to question it. "What do you think I want to ask you?" Ephiny took a sip of her port and replied, "for Gabrielle's hand in marriage?"
Xena dropped the cup and spit out what she had in her mouth. "WHAT?"
Ephiny bit her lower lip, embarrassed that she had been wrong. "I was joking Xena…I thought you brought me here to explain the feeling you had for Gabrielle."
Xena's cheeks became flushed at the insinuation. She was unaware that anyone knew about her feeling for her young companion. "I…I… do care for her Ephiny but…"
The Regent placed her hands upon Xena's forearm, momentarily interrupting her. "But nothing…you love her and she loves you… It's very clear Xena."
Then from nowhere the warrior responded with words she herself didn't understand. "I think her and I need to go away Ephiny…I think we need to be alone, away from the Amazons for awhile." The Regent took another sip from her port, unsure of the reasons behind the words. "If that's what you need to do…but where will you go?"
Xena was shocked at how smoothly the idea came to her. "I think we'll go visit my mother… stay in the cabin she has down the rode." Xena raised her eyes from the table to look up at her Amazon friend. "I don't know why but I feel we must. Does that make sense?" The confusion in the warrior's face was apparent. " Have you talked to Gabrielle?"
Xena ran her hand through her long hair, as she signaled over to the bartender for another round. "No…I haven't told her yet… Actually the idea just came to me this morning. You see, I got a visit from Ares last week…"

As the warrior explained the true reason for calling the Regent to the meeting, Aphrodite and Artemis stood invisible in the corner. "Looks like things are back to normal sister." Artemis placed her arm around her taller sibling. "I told you things would return to normal." Aphrodite looked down at the ground frowning. "For you maybe…but now I have to get those two together again!" Artemis silently chuckled to herself as she replied, "I don't think it will be too hard to convince them they belong together as lovers."
"That's not the hard part sister. They know they love each other. The hard part is having them admit it. AND that damn first kiss…" The goddess of love surrendered her hands into the air and sighed.
Artemis tightened her hold around her sister and laughed. "That's a whole new adventure Aphri…A whole new adventure."

Suddenly the bar quieted and all eyes looked up towards the noise by the door. As it swung open Xena and Ephiny jumped up prepared to fight. Two warriors rushed in towards them. Xena grabbed her chakram and held it up to release it when the warriors sat down laughing. It seems they were playing some drunken game of sorts. Xena relaxed placing her weapon back on her waist as Gabrielle walked in through the doors. Ephiny's voice was only a whisper, "here's your chance to tell her Xena…"
Xena smiled over at the Regent and replied, "I'll tell her later tonight… As for now, lets have some fun and get some drinks. For some strange reason I think we deserve it."
Ephiny took another drink of her port as she responded, "strangely enough, I know what you mean."

THE END---

If you have any comments please write me at Xenaslaves' Email


Return to The Bard's Corner