Movie of the Clones

by Mickey

The aroma of coffee filled the kitchen where Gabrielle sat reading the morning paper.  She did not look up as the screen door opened and Xena entered.

"How was your run, sweetheart," Gabrielle asked as she continued her reading.

"Good," Xena opened the fridge and took out a large bottle of water.  She emptied the bottle in a few gulps and placed it on the counter before walking behind Gabrielle and wrapping strong arms around her.

"You need a shower," Gabrielle leaned back and pressed against Xena's sweaty chest.

"Yep," Xena placed a tender kiss on the Gabrielle's cheek.  "Anything interesting in there this morning," she asked indicating the paper Gabrielle had been reading.

"There's talk of making a movie."

"About what?" Xena continued to plant kisses on her soul mate's cheek.

"About us, silly," Gabrielle wrapped her arms around the ones holding her and leaned her head back to look into Xena's eyes.  "They want to continue from where the series ended."

"They can't do that," Xena pulled Gabrielle from her chair.

"Why not?" Gabrielle asked as she willingly allowed herself to be lead through the house they shared.

"They killed me off, remember."  Xena entered their bedroom and began to remove her sweat soaked running clothes.

Gabrielle snickered, "Yeah, like that really happened."  She untied her robe and tossed it on the end of the still unmade bed.  "Well, they could come up with a way around that."

"How?" Xena asked as she went into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

"Um," Gabrielle said following Xena into the small room.  "Give me a minute to think about it."

"That's about all I'll give you because as soon as that water warms up, I have a feeling that thinking will not be on your mind."

"Oh, really," Gabrielle smiled at the woman she loved.

"Yep," Xena placed a hand under the water to test its temperature.  Happy with the results, she stepped into the shower and held the door open for Gabrielle to join her.

As Gabrielle stepped though the opening, she winked at Xena.  "I've got it."

"What?" Xena asked as she let the door close and pulled Gabrielle against her.

"The solution to how they can get around killing you off."

"Oh," an eyebrow shot up as Xena looked at her lover.  "And, what would that be?"

"Well, you know how I was always having those nightmares that you had been killed and I'd been left behind, alone," Gabrielle grabbed a bar of soap and began to lather Xena's chest.

"Yes," Xena smiled sadly at the memory of how Gabrielle's fears had haunted her dreams.  

"Well, I could wake up in the morning and the whole China thing could have just been another one of my nightmares."  Gabrielle looked triumphantly at Xena. 

Xena chuckled, "might work."  She then leaned down to capture Gabrielle's lips with her own, "enough talk."

****************

copyrighted 2003
contact Mickey at mslamunchkin@msn.com


Return to CloneFic Section / Return to The Bard's Corner