Legal disclaimers: No leather clad warrior or multi-outfitted bard will be found here. These characters are now no longer just a figment of my imagination.

Love/Sex: This is a story of two women in love which leads to sex. If this bothers you, or is illegal where you live, then may I suggest a vacation? How about a trip down De Nile because it is also a beautiful river in Egypt.

Language/Violence: Yes to both, but nothing more than you would see on the news.

This is my first shot at an uber story, any and all constructive feedback will be appreciated: kmbrown@quixnet.net

 

Severed

By KM Brown

January 2000

No part of this text may be reproduced in whole, or in part, without the express consent of the author

Chapter Three

 

At the door to the secured room, Corbin keyed in her code and entered into the semi-darkened  interior. The surveillance room was the electronic eye that kept an ever watchful gaze upon the sea of gamblers on the main casino floor. The closest Corbin could come to describing this very integral part of her world was that it seemed a near replica of Mission Control at NASA, except here there were more video screens to watch. The room was set up on three ascending tiers, with each level home to a multitude of video screens that each corresponded to the some two thousand video cameras set up throughout the casino. The highest tier not only housed the various screens that were being monitored by her people, but it also faced a twelve foot wall that had floor to ceiling video screens that were switching views every six seconds. It was incredible and only a handful of people would ever see the inside of this technical masterpiece.

There were ten employees here who all worked directly for Tucker. They were specifically trained in knowing how to watch players, a flick of a wrist, a shift of the head, or any other tick that might give away a cheat. Unfortunately for them, the times had changed and with all the masses of people that poured through the casino everyday, they were kept more than busy with identifying the many who came here to scam, steal, and cheat. These trained eyes were not just monitoring the players, but more and more they had to be watchful for the thief who was out to steal a person's chips, bucket of quarters, or even their unattended clothing while they were engrossed in their play.

Corbin moved to where Tucker was watching a screen intently. "What's up?"

Unaware that his boss had come up behind him, he shifted slightly and allowed her access to the view as well. "We got a guy on the Black Jack table who seems to be winning far too much."

"How long has he been playing?" Corbin touched a button and zoomed in on the man's face.

"Thirty minutes..."

"Why so long?" She was beginning to think that Tucker was slipping in his acuteness.

"Weıre checking him out, we've downloaded his picture and stats in the database and are waiting to come up with a match."

"Have you paged Sloan?" At that moment, Tucker's cell phone rang.

"Tucker," he answered. A brief pause ensued, then, "Okay Sloan, I can hear you clear now. Corbin's here with me and I am gonna put you on the speaker phone. Where are you?"

In her car, Sloan focused on driving while talking to Tucker on her voice activated speaker. "I am at the opposite end of the Strip, it would take me forty five minutes to get to you. What's up?" She signaled right, and moved into the outside lane.

"We need your help in identifying a guy playing Black Jack...can you take a feed right now?" He began to prepare a file to send to Sloan in her car.

Sloan turned on the screen to her Denig 2000 mounted in her dash board. She had designed the equipment herself and now used it to help about seventy-five percent of the major casinos keep cheating to a minimum. Her company Denig Investigations was the most widely used and respected investigation outfit in Las Vegas. "Yeah, send it over now...how long has he been playing?"

Back in the surveillance room, Tucker shifted uncomfortably before answering. "Thirty minutes."

Sloan sighed under her breath and asked, "Why so long?"

Tucker grinned at Corbin, noticing the smirk on her face, looking back at the screen he focused again on his task. "We ran him through the database and came up with a couple of matches, but nothing definite...can you place him?"

Sloan decided to pull her car into a cafe parking lot so she could focus on the picture facing her on her screen. She had a photographic memory which, along with the technology she used, made it almost impossible for a cheat to get past her scrutiny. She studied the face hard recalling a man who was not typically a Black Jack player. "He seems familiar, but not a card player. I remember him from roulette. His name is Bowden...John...maybe Jack Bowden. Do a name search...I'll wait."

Tucker keyed in the name and waited for the database to produce results. It didn't take long. "Yep, we got him Sloan. Thanks babe. You gonna come by? Maybe we can have dinner together tonight."

Sloan hesitated, the offer was tempting and it had been a long time since she and her husband had eaten a quiet dinner together, but she had work to do. "Sorry Tuck, I got to get over to Treasure Island, Luxor and Bellagio to pick up some files on some new questionables. I'll see you late tonight at home."

At the mention of a possible fresh crop of new cheats, Corbin piped into the conversation. "Let me know if you find anything out so we can keep our files updated...I don't want another fiasco like last night. See you soon Sloan. Goodbye."

"Bye Corbin, Tuck I'll see you later." Sloan clicked off her cell connection and pulled her car back out onto the street.

Tucker closed his line to Sloan, then turned to Corbin. "Do you want to deal with this yourself?" He motioned for her to follow him outside and he shut the doors to the surveillance room behind them.

Corbin was already tired and it had only been half a day of work. She decided to let Tucker handle Bowden. "No, I just don't have the energy today. Call security and the police and handle Bowden yourself. Call the Pit Boss right now and let her know the latest news and try and handle this as discreetly as possible."

"But Angelo..." Tucker knew she would have to justify her actions. Angelo had eyes and ears all over this casino and Tucker had never been able to discover whose bodies they were attached to.

Pissed, she hissed, "I will handle Angelo. Although he may insist we run this business like thugs in a time warp, Iıll decide when and where I do his bidding. Don't you worry about it, you are doing your job just fine. Now go."

Rebuffed, the big man tried to explain, "It's just that-"

Once again she cut him off, "Tucker...Angelo can't get to me anymore, except for my father, there is no one left in my life for him to hurt and," she added sarcastically, "since dear old dad has lost his desire for life, Angelo doesn't seem to bother him anymore," glancing down she felt the vibration of her cell pager, "Tuck, just go now...Gina is paging me to greet the Yamada party and I don't want to be late for that."

He nodded and left her alone in the hallway. Grabbing her cell she dialed the extension for Gina's phone and started walking in the direction of the reception lobby. Corbin heard the click and Gina answered amidst a chaotic background noise. Japanese was being spoken very loudly in the background and she could tell the conversation was one of anger and outrage.

"Gina, what the hell is going on?" She hissed into the phone.

"Ms. Sheridan, there has been a terrible error," she paused not wanting to deliver the information that could send her boss into a rage. "I sent a new man to pick the Yamada's up and he went to get them in a white limo. He doesn't understand Japanese and he insisted that they ride with him...they did, but they are not happy. It's my fault, I should have checked which limo was sent." Gina held her breath for the anger storm that was sure to crash down upon her.

"Shit, who in the hell did you send out there?"

"It was a new guy, we were short staffed and I just didn't think of that detail. He is an experienced limo driver out of LA, he didn't know about the superstitions that Asians attach to white. It wasn't his fault, it was mine."

Despite that she was enraged at the senseless error that could cost the casinos a very valuable client, she smiled at Gina's willingness to take the blame. This woman has a ton of integrity, she concluded to herself. "Iım almost there, weıll handle this. Comp the Yamada's everything and apologize profusely for the casino...assure them itıll never happen again."

Gina clicked off and set about her task and waited for Corbin to show. When she did, her relief was tangible...there was something in the way this young casino owner handled herself that was beyond her comprehension, she had a strength that was undeniable and her leadership was never in question. Gina watched as Corbin approached the frustrated hotel guests, observing acutely how she fell into the mannerisms accustom to the Japanese. Gina approached and began the long process of reconciliation, interpreting for her young boss and finally coming to a close with satisfied parties on both sides. Although Corbin would lose money this time around, she had booked the couple back into the hotel for two weeks next month.

As they watched the Yamada party settle into their suite, they excused themselves and made their way back to the concierge offices. Corbin picked up a hotel line and buzzed down to the transportation garage. "This is Ms. Sheridan, please send up the young man who brought in the Yamada party this afternoon. Iıll be in my office." Turning to Gina she said, "Please come with me."

Worried for the young man who had unwittingly made a mistake because of her, she spoke. "Ms. Sheridan, please...Iım the one to blame. This is just a young guy doing what heıs told. He is probably scared out of his mind having to come talk to you. If youıre going to reprimand anyone it should be me."

Corbin smiled again to herself and ushered Gina into her office. "Please have a seat." She waited in silence until the young man was brought in visibly shaken. "Please take a seat...what is your name?"

"Keith Johnson, Ms. Sheridan."

"Keith," she began. "Do you know why the Yamada's were so upset today?"

"Well...I..I.." he stammered not quite sure of himself. "I kinda get the picture. Something about superstitions but I'm not sure what that is all about." He tried a smile and some humor, "I'm from LA."

"You act as if that is somehow all the answer I need ," she chided, then continued. "Keith if you're going to work in Vegas you need to know a bit about the gambling culture. Gamblers are incredibly superstitious: some people wear only a certain color when they play, others will only play certain games at certain times, everything on a slot machine is geared around those subtleties, whether itıs the number seven or the colors used. The Asian population can be very superstitious too, and we have come to understand that white is a color associated with death. So, you can see how being transported in a white limo would be upsetting?" She steepled her fingers under her chin and quirked an eyebrow him.

Distracted momentarily by her hands, he responded. "I didn't know all this. I'm sorry for my error." Adding hopefully he concluded, "It wonıt happen again."

"You're right Keith." She paused a bit to let the words sink in watching him deflate at the prospect that he'd just lost his job. "Thatıs why Iım putting you in charge of all transportation for any Asian guests that we have arriving to our casino. You will report directly to Gina...you may go now. Gina will be needing to meet with you this afternoon to fill you in all the details." She waited while he left the office before turning her attention to Gina.

Gina spoke first, "Ms. Sheridan, what are you doing?"

"Something that will save us a lot of future challenges I hope." She caught the questioning glance and decided to actually explain her decision which was something she didn't do very often, but she felt that this would be a good learning opportunity for her young employee. "I read a story a long time ago that always stuck with me. It was about a pilot who had taken off thinking that his mechanic had fueled the plane as requested. When he was up he found out that the fuel tanks were almost empty and he had to make a crash landing. He survived and later at his airplane hanger he was asked if he fired his mechanic. When the pilot replied that he had not fired the man, but actually promoted him, everyone was shocked. He explained that this mechanic would now be more conscientious than anyone else because of the drastic mistake he had made, and who else could he trust to maintain his plane than a man who would be worried about every move he made where his plane was concerned."

"You are an incredible woman Ms. Sheridan," Gina looked with admiration at her employer, "there is much I can learn from you."

"Thank you Gina," she pulled out a folder and wrote a note on a paper then put the folder in her out box. "And, there is much everyone at the casino can learn from you; thank you for your integrity and not placing the blame on anyone else. Iım going to give you much more autonomy in the Asian relations department, you are doing a great job and I would like to see you become more aggressive in your pursuit of higher profile guests. I have made a note in your file to increase your commission scale by two percent and youıll see a healthy cash bonus with your check this week. Thank you for your honesty. Most people would have hung the new guy out to dry."

Gina rose from her chair and stepped closer to the glass desk, putting out her hand she shook the one offered in return. "Thank you Ms. Sheridan. I will never forget this...may I go now? I have much to do."

Corbin nodded her consent rising from her desk. Hearing the door click shut she walked to the window and looked out, it was not quite dusk and she gazed at the pastel skyline as the sun began its journey putting itself to bed. Nighttime and all its endless possibilities was here again.

___________

Sara had spent the last three hours speeding through the desert, talking with Sela in detail about the almost unbelievable adventure upon which they were embarking. What she had come to realize was that this was no short-term project; it could actually take months, if not years to bring this all to an end. But, there was nothing she could do. The one concession she had gotten from Sela was that she could keep any monies she earned while under cover, after all, she did have a life to live and pay for while all of this was transpiring.

"Weıre only twenty minutes out of Vegas Sela, where do you want me to drop you?" Sara figured they would not be checking in together and when she had inquired as to where the IRS agent would be staying, she watched silently as Sela phoned Jack Gilpin for the location of her hotel.

While Sela was waiting for the directions from Jack she filled her in on a few more details, "Iıll only be here for two days, then I'll be flying back to DC. Jack will be your main contact here as he will be staying more than me." Handing Sara a business card, she added, "memorize my number right now, I don't want a paper trail leading you to any of this..." Sela refocused her attention to the cell phone, "yes Jack, I'm here." She waited, then began to write directions down on a pad. "Okay, I got it. Iıll see you there soon."

Sela handed her the note pad and Sara glanced at it, "I know itıs off the beaten path cause the address is not one of the main streets associated with the Strip, but I can find it. Did he mention what the nearest cross street was?"

Sela reviewed her notes and gave Sara the needed information. Within forty-five minutes they were unloading the small bag Sela had brought from an even smaller trunk. Sela decided to poke some fun at the young gambler, "I don't know how you manage to get everything you need in a trunk that small, how do you do it?"

Sara smiled back and then eyed her little trunk compartment, "I guess I just have a special knack for filling every possible space with just the right item..." Catching herself, Sara blushed, "I don't think that came out exactly how I had intended."

Recovering from where her thoughts had instantly traveled at Sara's off handed remark, Sela quipped, "Oh well, I get the point just fine." Her mind back on business she added, "Hereıs the number to our hotel, how about we all meet for breakfast here tomorrow morning at ten? Jack will finalize the game plan and you can fill us in on your first night at Mount Olympus."

One hour later, Sara was settled into her room at the casino. Although she was tired from her drive, she was also wired, energy coursing through her, an effect that imminent card playing always had on her. She was amazed at the beauty of this casino, all the marble and columns and the outfits that the employees wore all had a stimulating effect on her. This place was outright sexy, and it was difficult not to respond to that stimulus. What she really wanted to do was put on her favorite jeans, a tight crop top and go drinking and dancing somewhere. Later, she put those thoughts aside.

Walking through the main casino she decided on a game of Black Jack. At the cashiers counter she traded five thousand dollars for chips and headed out to find a table. Settling on one with a female dealer, she seated herself next to an elderly woman. She always chose female dealers because she found that the men always stared too much at her. This table had a minimum bid of twenty dollars.

Putting down two ten and one twenty chip, she waited for her cards. It was typical casino etiquette to have the chips in order of denomination with the highest amount on the bottom. Looking at her hand, she eyed her cards; a nine down and a six up. Waiting for the dealer to make her rounds, she scuffed her cards against the felt signaling a hit. Another card flashed face up, a five. She now had eleven showing for a total of twenty. She smiled briefly and flicked her cards up to show the older woman next to her. Faster than the eye could see, she moved a hundred dollar chip under her cards and inserted it under the pile of other chips. What once was a forty dollar bet was now a one hundred and forty dollar bet.

The dealer played her hand and busted. Sara collected her money and placed another bet. She played it cool, subtle, losing frequently on small bets and winning periodically with higher bets. She played for twenty minutes and won a thousand dollars. She was gone before anyone even noticed she had been there. She found another Black Jack table and duplicated her efforts for twenty more minutes. Pocketing another five hundred dollars, she decided to grab a bite to eat. As she walked through the casino she marveled at the attention to detail and decided that some day she would have to take a trip to Greece. Walking past a gift shop she noticed a table with books on mythology being displayed. She bought a pack of gum and a book for later.

Smelling something aromatic and mouth watering in the air, she followed her nose to a small restaurant called the Athenian. Well it smells great, her mouth watered at the thought of tasting whatever she was smelling. She was seated quickly and water was placed on the table along with a wine list. She perused the list settling on a glass of Justin Sauvignon Blanc to go with whatever salad she knew she would be ordering. The waiter reappeared.

"What may I get for you this evening?" 

"Do you have any salad specials this evening other than whatıs on the menu?" Sara knew that the freshest meals were always the one made special everyday.

"Yes, ma'am, we have a Cajun shrimp Caesar salad with fresh made croutons and sourdough roll. It would pair very well with the wine you have chosen. The shrimp are the jumbo Gamberoni from California which were flash frozen after being caught this morning...the shipment just arrived. They are the freshest we have."

Sara salivated at the thought, and gratefully accepted his suggestion. "That sounds wonderful. Do you happen to have a brochure about you casino and all there is to do here?"

"Of course, Iıll bring you our book." He left and returned within seconds with a leather bound binder full of color pictures displaying all the fun to be had in this fantasyland.

"Thank you." Sara sampled her wine, very happy with her choice. She was drinking her second glass when her salad was placed before her. "MMMmmm...this looks and smells incredible." She brought a bite of shrimp to her mouth and it melted, just disintegrating into a flavorful explosion on her palate. "Oh...mmm...this is wonderful...thank you so much." The waiter left the table chuckling to himself. He was always tickled when he had a true culinary appreciator in his restaurant and he decided to send over the pistachio and watermelon sorbet the dessert chef had created earlier. It was a wonder to behold and he knew that this young woman would not let any go to waste.

Sara paid her bill and left a generous tip for the attentive young man who had treated her so well. Looking at her watch she noted it was only seven o'clock. She could hit a few more tables and then go to her room and take a nap. She had seen in the binder that there was indeed a dance club in this casino. Although it had a strange name, she decided to give it a try around Midnight. She could play for another hour at least.

Sticking to her game of Black Jack, she worked two different tables over the next hour taking in another thousand dollars. She could have worked the tables faster and heavier, but she did not want to draw any attention to herself. Her scenario was working and she wasn't sure how much time she would have at the tables once she began to lure Deano Lucchesi to her. She chuckled to herself, Jesus, you make it sound like you're a black widow or something. Stacking her chips in her rack she left the tables and headed for her room.

__________

Corbin turned around at the sound of someone coming through her door unannounced. Angelo, you son of a bitch, she fumed silently. Aloud she commented dryly, looking as if she was bored out of her mind, "Angelo, so nice of you to stop by...I was just thinking to myself that the only thing that could enhance this pisser of a day Iım having would be to see your sorry ass." She smiled sweetly at the old man.

"Do you always use such language or is it just when I am around?" He laughed good naturedly and sat down. Although he had mastered the English language over the years, his heavy Italian accent was still ever present. He was a handsome man, even for his age and in his youth he was probably considered beautiful. For all his dark skin and dark hair, he had blue eyes which told of his northern Italian ancestry, although he would swear to anyone that he was Sicilian. Which was only a half-truth as he had been born in northern Italy to a family of poor winemakers and raised on the streets in Sicily by the Mafioso, or some mutant version of it. He had been in the United states for thirty years.

"What do you want?" Corbin was tired.

"Bella, not even a polite hello to greet your old friend and patron?" He was teasing her and he knew she would not be happy about it.

"Cut the crap Angelo...what do you want? I have work to do." She was so tired of his game and couldn't even bring herself to half play at it.

"I heard today that the police were here to arrest a man cheating at the tables...why did you choose such a public confrontation? We have agreed on how to handle these things." He pulled a stainless steal cigar cutter from his pants pocket and a cigar from inside his coat. He efficiently cut the tip from the cigar and put it to his mouth. Trading the cutter for a lighter he toasted the end of the cigar and then proceeded to light it. 

Puffs of smoke rose in the air sending a shudder down Corbin's spine as just the smallest whiff rose to her nose. "Angelo, this is the year 2000. I can't just go around taking off a finger from every person that comes here to cheat us." She had argued this a thousand times with him and knew there was no winning this conversation.

"Bella, if you punish the ones you catch in this fashion, pretty soon there will be no cheats coming to your house. We do better than most casinos because of this reputation. A slap on the wrist by the local police means nothing to them...they must fear you"

Deep in her heart she knew that Angelo was right and she hated him even more for that. She was at war with herself over this issue, a darker part of her wanted to punish others like she had been punished. The nobler side found the whole concept repulsive and she fought hard to maintain that in the forefront of her mind. I'm not a barbarian, she scolded herself. "Angelo I am not your thug for hire...I do what I can, but I will not repeat that horrid task day in and day out. For now you'll just have to settle for when Iım in a bad mood." 

The evil grin and ice blue eyes made the hair on his arms stand on end. Someday you will not be able to control her, he warned internally. What will you do then? "Bella, relax...you do a good job for me. Now it is late, why don't you join me for some Chianti and pasta in my private suite...Iıll be staying her tonight. Iım meeting Deano later to discuss some new business."

Repulsed, she didnıt even attempt to hide her outrage. "If you think for one second I would even share a meal with you or that animal you call a son, you're further gone than I had thought old man." She rubbed her left hand unconsciously, resuming her venomous tirade. "If I so much as even see him here tonight I will kill him myself...don't you test me like this Angelo. I will not stand for it. He slithers around here enough as it is...Iıll cut that snake in two this time, not just mark him." Her mind flashed briefly to a knife cutting through skin, blood seeping out of the fine line.

Angelo realized that she was approaching a rage...she has not mellowed in her hatred. He needed to calm her down. "Bella, I will speak to him about his visits here--"

Corbin screamed at him, "I will not have that animal using this casino as his private hunting grounds...if you don't stop him, I swear I will!" She was pacing now like a caged panther, black and sleek, muscle and sinew. Her eyes almost translucent in her rage, if she had only bared her teeth he would have thought the transformation complete. Who is the animal now? He stood to leave, but not before she pinned him back down in his chair.

She spat the words in his face, a chilling hiss, "Do not test me this way Angelo...I killed one of your sons, don't make me kill the other. Keep him away from me." Anger flashed across his features to be immediately replaced by sadness. She moved away from him and he slowly left his chair, an old defeated man, heading for the door.

"As always Bella, it was a pleasure." With that parting comment he left the office, knowing that she would not rest tonight.

Corbin sat heavily in her seat, head hanging low. As hard as she tried to expel the memories from her mind, they came anyway and she sat there alone, angry and remembered...

She had been with them for about four years, so she must have been sixteen. She had always been tall for her age, but as the years passed she began to blossom and Angelo's two sons were always watching her. Paolo was the oldest, twenty at the time...he was mean with no concern for anyone but himself. Deano was younger, probably the same age as she, sixteen; he thought the sun rose and set on his brother Paolo.

For months they had tried to gain her favor with feeble attempts at seduction, but their father was adamant about them not touching her. He had taken his sons aside more than once to discourage their advances. Paolo was furious that his father would not let him have the beautiful girl and he convinced Deano to help him in anyway he could find to make her his.

They thought she was asleep, but she heard them enter her room. Paolo whispered his commands to Deano, "Put a hand on her mouth and hold her down," he was reaching for the buckle on his belt. "Take this and place it against her throat," he handed the knife over to his brother and finished pulling his pants down, he was already erect with his excitement.

Paolo moved onto the bed, pulling the covers up to reveal the young sleeping girl. "Bella," he whispered in her ear. "don't move or we'll kill you and dump your body where no one will find you."

She could feel him pressing against her and she screamed out. "Stop, you bastard...stop...stop."

Paolo was furious that his brother had not prevented the outbreak, "Deano you idiot, grab her tight." He put a hand over mouth and pressed down on her body to keep her still.

Corbin was seeing red, her rage overcoming her fear. She decided to focus on the weaker, younger brother. She turned her head to get away from the knife, sharp pain searing her neck. She twisted her body away and somehow wrested the knife from Deano. Paolo was oblivious, his only concern was between his legs. Even though she held it with her left hand she found the strength in her rage and brought it up...and...in and instant of ...clarity...she plunged down with all her power, sinking the knife into the back of the boy on top of her. She repeated her strikes until the screaming stopped and the blood flowed. It wasn't until she ceased that she realized the screaming had not been hers.

Deano raged, "You bitch, you killed my brother...I'll kill you for this!" He had launched himself onto her, but she still held the knife. She brought it up to his face and sliced down from his right eye to his jaw. His face contorted in pain as the lights came on and Angelo Lucchesi looked on, aghast at the macabre scene before him.

"What in the hell is going on here?" He boomed. But he already knew. His younger son jumped to his feet holding his face, blood dripping through his fingers.

"Papa, she killed Paolo, she killed Paolo." The young boy was babbling, waiting for his father to do something.

Turning to his son, he coldly acknowledge the truth of the situation. "Go get your Mama, she will see to your face...if you had only listened to me..." When the boy had left he cautiously approached the bloodied body of his oldest son, his attempt at finding a pulse was futile. His son was dead. Sadly he raised his eyes to the wild and frantic girl. "Katerine...come here...please I won't hurt you."

She stayed where she was, backed into the corner of her room. She was covered in blood and her hand still held the knife. "He was trying to...he tried to...they were..." Her sentences were incoherent and she watched the older man approached her.

"Did they succeed...uh, I mean, did he...?" With great relief he watched as she shook her head, and with a sorrowful sigh he rasped, "Thank God." 

Corbin roused herself from her memories, she was sobbing for the loss of everything she had ever lost in her life due to that man Angelo Lucchesi...you took me from my family, you mutilated me, you took my innocence...why me? It was a question sheıd asked herself a million times in her lifetime, but not one she ever felt she would get an answer. It would never come. She pulled herself out of her chair and made her way to her penthouse.

___________

Corbin put her empty glass on the table next to the other empty glasses.

Sappho's Bath was vibrating tonight, with music, bodies, alcohol, sex. Corbin was in a foul state and she drank at her private table above the dance floor, her eyes shifting moodily from one woman to another. As usual her eyes came to rest on the beautiful blonde dancing by herself on the floor. Corbin had been watching her dance for the last hour, drinking herself steadily into an impending oblivion. The young woman didn't seem to be interested in any of the women who approached her, choosing to continue to dance by herself. This girl was in her own world, lost in her own music. She moved sensually, her stomach muscles evident with each undulation of her hips. Her eyes were closed and she had a secretive smile on her lips, like only she knew the truth and couldn't share it with anyone else. Corbin was entranced with the whole package, especially the defined hollow where her collar bone was and the short blonde hair...and if she had ever in her life had a desire to be a pair of jeans, she would have wished to be the pair worn by this beauty. They fit her like they had just grown from her skin. And then there was the other little distraction...she had a pierced belly button with a small, intricate tattoo around it. God I love that. She stood up, the black leather pants accentuating every lean plain of her body. She lost herself in her fuzzy thoughts and when she turned back to find the girl again, a pair of verdant green eyes were staring back at her. Oh my god, Corbin felt the jolt all the way to her core. She couldn't hold the stare for long and her eyes darted away.

At that moment, another scantily clad young woman approached her table. Corbin had flirted with her at the bar and had even hinted at them leaving together...now she wasn't so sure. She up held her drink in her left hand, brought it to her lips and finished it off. She glanced at the dance floor one last time, but the blonde was gone. Oh well.

Corbin assessed her mood. She wasn't in a good one, but she didn't necessarily want to be alone tonight...alone with the thoughts that had been plaguing her ever since Angelo had left her office. If she went up alone, she would just drink herself into a stupor and what would that accomplish? Her mind briefly reflected on the blonde she'd been watching on the dance floor. That was no longer an option. Yeah, and she didn't seem to be here tonight for that. She looked down at the brunette in front of her. No, but she is. She put her arm around the shoulder of the woman and whispered in her ear, "Come on, let's get out of here." She had made her decision.

Sara had made her way off the dance floor and into the bathroom. She found an empty stall. She had noticed the dark woman watching her from her private table. Sara had figured she must be an important guest. Out of hooded eyes she had watched the woman watch her, covertly. The long dark hair and blue eyes were an incredible combo...she had always loved that pairing on women and Sara had decided that she must be a model. She seemed to be the most perfectly formed creature she had seen in a long time. And when she had stood up in those leather pants Sara had forgotten to avert her eyes...oh Dizzy if you were alive you would have been as perfect as that woman except...she had had a few Cosmos and her mind was fuzzy. No, she had seen it, she was sure...that she'd seen the flaw...the woman was perfect except for one flaw. She hadn't noticed until the woman had raised her drink to her lips...what, that can't be...yes...she was missing the pinky finger on her left hand.





To Be Continued...

If you enjoyed chapter three; feed the Bard!
and/or if you would like to be e-mailed directly with new chapter up-dates, please join One-List.

SNIP