Time Heals All Wounds

By Mavis Applewater

July 2003

Disclaimers; The characters and story are the sole possession of the author and may not be reproduced, posted or sold without the express permission of the author. If for any reason real or imagined you do not wish to read a story with graphic descriptions of two consenting adult women in a sexual situation then do not read this story or anything else I have ever written. If for any reason it is illegal for you to view this material then please go away and do not return until it is no longer a crime.

A very special thank you goes out to my beta reader, Mary.

As always this is for Heather.

 

“Time heals all wounds,” Kesi informed her best friend Vayle. The brunette sighed deeply as she listened to her dearest friend’s words, and decided that if one more person said that to her she was going to beat them with a stick. Vayle didn’t want the wounds to heal, she wanted her girlfriend back. “Okay let me put it another way,” Kesi decided as Vayle’s demeanor grew more and more despondent. “She was a bitch who didn’t deserve you and you are better off without her.”

“Now that is one I haven’t heard this week,” Vayle blinked with surprise.

“Well maybe it is time for us to start telling you the truth,” Kesi reasoned. “Penny was a bitch who ran around on you with anything that caught her eye. Frankly I’d be more concerned that she gave you something than seeing her sorry ass walking out.”

“Wait,” Vayle began to protest as Kesi held up her hand and cut off her words.

“Vayle all those nights you sat alone at night waiting for her to come home from work she was out with someone else,” Kesi finally blurted out. “I tried to warn you. When you wouldn’t listen I stopped trying to tell you about her messing around.”

“Are you trying to tell me that there were other women?” Vayle choked out in horror as a new set of tears welled up in her tired hazel eyes.

“Not just women,” Kesi stood firm.

“Son of a . . .,” Vayle sobbed as Kesi grabbed a pile of napkins from the table next to them and offered them to the sobbing brunette. “Why didn’t anyone tell me?”

“We tried,” Kesi sighed in defeat. “You were so convinced that she walked on water that you didn’t want to listen. Didn’t you think it was strange that I work for the same company she does and I was always around?”

“Yeah but she said,” Vayle protested not wanting to believe what she knew in her heart was the truth.

“Said what?” Kesi fumed. “Look she is gone and she isn’t coming back. If she tries to come back send her away. That woman is nothing but trouble.”

The realization that the last two years of her life had been nothing but a lie filled the brunette with anger. She slammed her fist down onto the table cracking the crystal of her watch in the process. She glared down at the shattered remains of the watch that her grandmother had given her when she graduated from High School. “Well that’s just great,” She managed to hiss as the tears burned her face.

A few weeks later Vayle was seeing things a little more clearly. Of course that was after several pints of Ben and Jerry’s and a lot of crying. She realized that Penny had in fact been using her since the very beginning, and was still trying to even after walking out. Vayle tried to be strong, but always seemed to be swayed by Penny’s hints at reconciliation.

It wasn’t until another month had passed that Vayle finally accepted the truth. One night she was waiting for the train at the Park Street Red Line stop when across the way she spotted Penny. She was just about to call out to her ex-lover when she noticed Bob a man Penny had introduced as a friend. There was no misinterpreting the interaction between Penny and Bob as they snuggled together. “Damn,” Vayle muttered in a miserable tone as she stepped out of view and hid in the stairwell. She could still see the happy couple as they caressed and kissed. She didn’t board the train when it approached. Instead she lurked in the shadows and allowed three trains to pass until she finally boarded the train.

When she returned home that night she gathered up everything Penny had left behind and anything that reminded Vayle of her ex-lover and roasted them in her barbeque. Not the most mature course of action, but it did make her feel a lot better as she watched Penny’s date book going up in flames.

The following day she traveled down to Newbury Street in search of a watch repair shop that Kesi had recommended. The shop was quaint by the expensive standards of Newbury Street. She felt instantly at ease when the young blonde working behind the counter greeted her. The smaller woman examined the watch carefully before rendering her verdict.

“I can fix this, but it is going to take at least a week,” The blonde informed her. “Can I ask what happened?”

“A misunderstanding with a table,” Vayle muttered still feeling ashamed that she had allowed her anger to get the best of her. She was prone to outbursts. In fact she was better at hiding her feelings than expressing them.

“I see,” The blonde chuckled. “And your watch lost the battle?”

“The table started it,” Vayle offered in an attempt to hide her embarrassment.

“They can be quite the upstarts,” The blonde teased her as she wrote out the repair order. “You must let me know where this trouble making table is located so I can be certain to avoid it.”

“I think it has learned its lesson,” Vayle played along.

“I just need your personal information and I can get started,” The blonde inquired with a shy smile.

Vayle supplied the information as the blonde quickly wrote it down. She handed the brunette a claim stub. “I’ll call you when it is ready,” The blonde continued as she handed Vayle her business card. “Here is my card if you have any questions.”

Vayle’s hand trembled slightly as the blonde’s fingers lingered for just a moment. “Thank you Miss Sullivan,” She squeaked out before stuffing the card in her pocket. She felt slightly short of breath once she stepped outside of the shop. She couldn’t help wondering if the attractive blonde was flirting with her? She dismissed the notion before heading off in search of a quick lunch so she could make it back to her office on time.

Over the following week Vayle found herself thinking about the blonde from the watch repair place. Jeanie Sullivan had certainly caught the accountant’s attention. Yet each time Vayle thought about it she once again dismissed the idea that the small blonde had been flirting. Vayle rationalized that Jeanie was simply being polite to a customer.

At the end of the week Vayle arrived at her office and sifted through the telephone messages her assistant had prepared. Most of them were business, with the exception of one from Kesi, about a dozen from her mother, a couple from Penny and one from McCormick’s informing her that her watch was ready. She threw away the messages from her mother, given that she had been avoiding her since the break up, and the messages from Penny knowing that if she spoke to her ex-lover she would explode.

She returned all of her business calls and emails before calling Kesi to set up dinner plans for the following evening. Then she debated on whether or not she should risk a call to her mother. She quickly shoved the absurd notion aside knowing that once her mother found out about the break up she wouldn’t be able to get her off of the telephone until quitting time. Vayle loved the quirky woman who claimed to be her mother, but then again she claimed to have Vayle’s best interest at heart.

For a brief moment Vayle pondered calling McCormick’s, then decided it would be silly to call just to tell Jeanie that she had received her message and would be picking up her watch. Later that day when she had been unable to find the time at lunch to head over to Newbury Street she once again considered calling the young blonde, and once again quickly brushed aside the notion. “I’ll just go after work,” She reasoned as she worked through her lunch hour.

Around four o’clock her phone rang. As she answered it she had the overwhelming feeling of dread. “Vayle Tyler,” She greeted her caller in a professional tone.

“Why are you avoiding me?” Came the all too familiar commanding voice. Vayle’s temple began to throb as her fears pounced down upon her.

“Hi mom,” She offered trying to sound chipper.

“Don’t hi mom me,” Her mother snorted. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong,” Vayle lied as she wondered if her mother had radar or something. “I’ve just been busy.”

“Vayle Marie Tyler,” Her mother quickly admonished her. “Don’t make me drag it out of you.”

“Oh crap,” Vayle grumbled as the throbbing slowly began to reach migraine proportions. “Fine,” Vayle hissed as she braced herself. “Penny and I split up.”

The flood gates opened and Simone Tyler was finally allowed to tell her daughter exactly what she thought of Penny. Vayle wasn’t surprised by her mother’s assault on Penny’s character; it wasn’t exactly a secret that Simone didn’t like Penny. But then again Vayle’s mother never cared for any of the women in her life. Truth be told before Vayle came out her mother wasn’t thrilled in her choices of boyfriends either. Of course after Vayle announced her homosexuality over Easter dinner, Simone had a change of heart regarding the boys in Vayle’s life.

After a good solid hour of listening to her mother harp on and on about Penny’s short comings, and reminding Vayle that her last boyfriend wasn’t such a bad guy, the brunette finally managed to end the telephone call. She turned her wrist to check the time and realized that she wasn’t wearing a watch. “Grrr,” She growled as she glanced over at the clock on her desk and realized that it was after five o’clock.

She gathered up her belongings with lightening speed before rushing out of her office. As she flagged down a passing taxi she prayed that McCormick’s was still open. She tapped her foot nervously as the taxi was trapped in the mess that was Boston at rush hour. The conversation with her mother replayed in her head as she listened to the honking of car horns. “Like that is going to help,” She muttered just as the driver honked the horn.

What troubled her most about the conversation with her mother was it did not qualify as a conversation. For a conversation two people should be speaking. The call from her mother was more like a character assassination. “And I thought Kesi had been harsh,” She blew out a heavy sigh as she stared at the grid lock that encompassed her.

Once again out of habit she went to look at her watch. She scowled as she recalled that the reason she was spending a large chunk of change on a taxi was so that she could pick up her watch. She retrieved her cell phone from the confines of her briefcase, then extracted Jeanie Sullivan’s business card from her wallet. As she dialed the number she wondered just why she had placed the young blonde’s card in her wallet, it wasn’t as if she was going to need to call her again after her watch was fixed.

“McCormick’s,” A husky male voice greeted her. Vayle was surprised for a moment before she gathered her wits and requested Jeanie.

“This is Jeanie Sullivan how may I help you?” The chirper voice greeted Vayle who suddenly relaxed into the sound of the blonde’s voice.

“Ms. Sullivan this is Vayle Tyler,” She began suddenly feeling nervous. “I was just on my way over to your shop, but I seem to be stuck in traffic. How late are you open this evening?”

“No worries Ms. Tyler just get here when you can,” Jeanie reassured her.

“Thank you,” Vayle squeaked out as her throat became dry.

Vayle’s heart sank when she finally exited the taxi and saw the sign in the window turned to closed and the metal grates pulled down to cover and protect the windows. Just as she turned to walk away she heard her name being called. Vayle turned to find Jeanie waving to her from the slightly open doorway.

“I’m sorry to keep you waiting after hours,” Vayle quickly apologized as Jeanie locked the door behind them.

“No need to apologize Ms. Tyler it is my pleasure,” Jeanie reassured her as she stepped behind the counter.

“Vayle,” The brunette quickly corrected her as she watched Jeanie unwrap a black felt cloth to reveal her watch.

“Like the ski resort?” Jeanie inquired playfully as she handed the delicate thin band silver watch over to Vayle.

“Kind of,” Vayle responded as she studied the craftsmanship of her now completely restored watch. “More like my mother’s twisted sense of humor. In fact she is the reason I am so late. I got trapped on the telephone with her.”

“Well if it was anything like a telephone call from my mother I bet you have a screaming headache by now,” Jeanie reassured her with slight grin.

“To say the least,” Vayle conceded as she handed her watch back to Jeanie. “It is beautiful. I’m very impressed Ms. Sullivan.”

“Jeanie,” The blonde quickly corrected her. “And thank you,” She added as she wrapped the watch up and placed it in a box. “I love the inscription on the back. Time is a treasured gift.”

“My grandmother,” Vayle smiled at the memory of her teenage mind trying to understand what her grandmother was trying to tell her. “She gave me that watch the day I graduated from High School. I had no idea what the inscription meant back then. After she died I realized that she was trying to get me to appreciate each moment, and to live each moment to the fullest.”

“And have you?” Jeanie prodded her as she handed her the bill.

“Not recently,” Vayle conceded with a heavy sigh as she handed Jeanie her credit card. Vayle inhaled sharply as their fingers brushed. She shook her head as a warm sensation shimmered through her body.

“Maybe you should start listening to your grandmother?” Jeanie suggest in a coy tone as she began to process Vayle’s credit card.

“Maybe I should?” Vayle whispered as she allowed her gaze to travel up and down the smaller woman whose back was to her. “But that would mean I couldn’t take any more calls from my mother.”

“That bad huh?” Jeanie laughed as she turned back towards Vayle. The brunette quickly diverted her gaze blushing slightly as she leaned against the glass display case. “This should only take a couple minutes,” She added pointing to the credit card machine.

“Not really,” Vayle snickered. “But my family can be a little bit of a three ring circus. What about yours?” Vayle had no idea why she had just asked Jeanie such a personal question. She was about to apologize when the petite blonde broke out with a hearty laugh.

“My family is a Springer show waiting to happen,” Jeanie laughed heartily.

“Oh come on,” Vayle coaxed her as she felt her body temperature rising from the playful gleam in Jeanie’s blue eyes.

“I don’t get along with my step-mother,” Jeanie offered coyly.

“That isn’t that unusual,” Vayle shrugged.

“Or my step-father,” Jeanie added.

“Again not that uncommon,” Vayle answered curious to see where this was leading.

“But since they use to be my aunt and uncle I play nice at least when my parents are around,” Jeanie smirked.

“What?” Vayle stammered out as her brow knitted in confusion.

“My mother’s sister broke up my parent’s marriage,” Jeanie explained as she tore off the receipt that the machine had just printed. “She hates my mother and is always putting her down. Then my father’s brother married my mother when she was on the rebound. Basically neither of my parents is happy, but then again they made each other miserable.”

“Well not exactly a Springer show,” Vayle teased as she signed the sales slip. “For that I think you need to marry a cousin and have an affair with an exotic dancer.”

“Well I have no intention of marrying my cousin who is also my step brother,” Jeanie laughed as she wiggled eye brows in a playful manner.

“Oh, but your having an affair with an exotic dancer,” Vayle played along her body tingling as their fingers brushed once again.

“Not anymore,” Jeanie quipped as Vayle was once again captured by the blonde’s captivating smile. “So what happened with your mother today?”

“Oh that,” Vayle shrugged. “I just got dumped and now mom can finally tell me what an evil bitch my girlfriend was,” Vayle offered casually as she slipped her credit card back into her wallet. She held her breath as she waited for Jeanie’s response. She said a silent prayer as that she hadn’t misinterpreted the young blonde.

“Was she?” Jeanie finally asked.

“Yes,” Vayle conceded suddenly unable to look at Jeanie. She slipped the watch from its box and slid it onto her wrist.

“Are you going to start listening to her?” Jeanie asked in a sultry tone that made Vayle’s head jerk up. She stumbled backward when she found herself lock in a fiery gaze.

“Who?” She asked as she swallowed hard. She watched as Jeanie stepped out from behind the counter and approached her. As Jeanie neared her Vayle was unable to break eye contact with the smaller woman.

“Your grandmother?” Jeanie asked as she closed the gap between them and ran her fingers along the delicate band of the wrist watch.

“I’m not certain I remember how,” Vayle answered. Her body trembled as Jeanie’s fingers lingered against her wrist. She could feel her pulse racing beneath Jeanie’s touch as she felt her stomach clench.

“I could help you,” Jeanie offered her voice sending a delightful tremor down Vayle’s spine as she reached up and cupped the stunned brunette’s face. Vayle leaned into Jeanie’s touch. The strange pounding in her ears frightened her as she realized it was from the rapid beating of her heart. She licked her dry lips with anticipation as she felt Jeanie guiding her closer. Her eyes fluttered shut as she felt Jeanie’s breath on her skin.

Vayle was paralyzed as she felt Jeanie’s soft lips greeting her own. She was still stunned by the tenderness of the kiss that somehow sent a shock wave through her system. She was unable to move or open her eyes even as she felt Jeanie stepping slightly away.

She finally blinked open her eyes when she felt Jeanie’s fingers lacing with her own. She was greeted by Jeanie’s charming smile and warm gaze. “What else did your Grandmother tell you?” Jeanie asked softly as she caressed the back of Vayle’s hands with her thumbs.

“She Uhm,” Vayle choked out as she cleared her throat. “She said that you should never take a gift for granted and the best gifts were meant to be shared. At the time I thought she was just trying to get me to play nice with my sister.”

“Is that what you think now?” Jeanie encouraged her as Vayle fought to control her breathing. There was something about standing so close to Jeanie that was throwing her off balance.

“I can’t think right now,” Vayle whimpered honestly as she felt Jeanie’s body leaning into her own. “This is happening too fast,” She blurted out as she broke away from Jeanine’s inviting touch. Her body felt cold as she stepped out of the smaller woman’s embrace.

“Fair enough,” Jeanie gently offered allowing Vayle to catch her breath.

“I have to go,” She stammered out as she rushed out of the tiny shop. The moment she stepped outside she knew that she had made a mistake.

She stumbled away from the store and slumped against the brick wall of a neighboring store. She began muttering to herself as she closed her eyes. She berated herself for leaving while arguing that it was the right thing to do. People gave her curious looks as they passed her on the dimly lit street while she debated with herself.

She took a deep breath and pushed away from the wall. Her heart sank as she noticed the metal grate over the front door of McCormick’s had been pulled down. “She’s gone,” She whispered suddenly feeling heartbroken.

“You know someone is going to call the cops if you keep standing out here talking to yourself,” Jeanie’s voice broke through her ramblings.

“Who are you?” Vayle asked with a mix of bewilderment and amazement as she turned to find Jeanie smiling at her.

“I’m Jeanie Sullivan,” She introduced herself. “I come from a screwed up family, but I’m basically harmless. I fix watches and clocks and I love each gear and wheel. I find everything about time pieces completely fascinating. I live alone except for my dog Buddy, who I need to get home to before he makes a mess. I liked kissing you and want to do it again. But if you don’t want to then that is okay. That is who I am.”

Vayle stared at the smaller woman with astonishment. “Walk with me,” Jeanie offered, her smile once again creeping into Vayle’s heart. The taller woman was unable to speak so she simply followed Jeanie through the busy streets of Boston. She was at a loss as to why she was simply following this stranger, but helpless to turn away.

The panic she felt earlier seized her when they entered Jeanie’s townhouse. The panic quickly ebbed when she was greeted by Buddy who was a large black lab. Buddy sniffed her quickly. Since he nuzzled up against her she could only assume that he approved. Jeanie cooed and cuddled Buddy as she snapped the leash onto his collar.

Vayle simply followed them as Jeanie led her oversized puppy out for his evening stroll. When they returned to the modest townhouse Vayle stood watching as Jeanie tended to Buddy’s needs. “Why am I here?” Vayle finally asked when Jeanie kicked off her shoes and plopped down onto her sofa.

“That is entirely up to you,” Jeanie offered simply as she patted the spot next to her.

Vayle shrugged off her coat and placed her briefcase down on the coffee table. She then kicked off her shoes and joined her beguiling companion on the sofa. “Figured it out yet?” Jeanie chuckled.

“Nope,” Vayle sighed as she felt Jeanie’s hand caressing her arm.

“Then kiss me again,” Jeanie suggested. “That should tell you everything you need to know.”

“Kisses can be wrong,” Vayle argued as she felt her body warming from Jeanie’s touch.

“No always,” Jeanie protested as her hand drifted to Vayle’s waist.

“You just want to make out,” Vayle chastised her as she felt her stomach muscles dancing from Jeanie soft caresses.

“Well yeah,” Jeanie laughed as Vayle leaned closer to the captivating blonde. “But I also believe that what your grandmother said was true, time is a treasure.”

Vayle turned to Jeanie and felt her body ignite. She cupped Jeanie’s face in her hands. “Kiss me,” The blonde repeated in a breathy tone. Once again Vayle was helpless to resist. She captured Jeanie’s lips and fell into a lingering kiss. As their tongues caressed one another she realized that Jeanie was right.

Vayle had been kissed before, passionately with a deep fiery intensity and not once had she felt as if she was a part of someone else until that moment. With each stroke of Jeanie’s tongue Vayle felt herself falling deeper. Her body craved more as she felt Jeanie’s hands caressing her hips.

Unable to resist her body she lowered Jeanie down onto the sofa never breaking the soul searing kiss as she covered the blonde’s body with her own. Jeanie moaned into the warmth of her mouth as their bodies melded together.

“Wow,” She panted as the kiss ended. Her lips were burning from the fiery exchange. She was mesmerized as she gazed down upon the blonde. Jeanie laced her fingers through Vayle’s long, dark hair and drew her in for another kiss. Vayle’s senses were reeling as she not only from the passion but a promise as they kissed again and again.

Vayle caressed Jeanie’s face with her fingers as she once again gazed down upon this woman who was a complete enigma to her. Vayle had certainly felt passion and raw desire before, yet at that moment she felt something deeper. Something that had been missing yet she still didn’t understand what it was?

Her fingers drifted down Jeanie’s neck and down along the opening of her silk blouse. As she watched the rise and fall of Jeanie’s breast she decided to simply enjoy whatever happened from that moment on. She felt shy as she brushed the swell of Jeanie’s breast. Her shyness vanished when she felt the smaller woman’s hands cupping her bottom and drawing her closer.

Her fingers gently slipped beneath the soft material of Jeanie’s blouse. She smiled as she gazed down at Jeanie only to see desire mixed with shyness clouding her crystal blue eyes. Vayle knew that Jeanie’s eyes were a reflection of her own. A mix of passion and uncertainty filling each of them as Vayle allowed her fingers to caress Jeanie.

Vayle leaned down and kissed her way along Jeanie’s chin as she began to open the buttons on the blonde’s blouse. As each button was freed Vayle’s mouth and tongue drifted lower. She kissed the blonde’s neck as she opened her blouse. She felt Jeanie’s hips rising against her body. Her own body swayed in response as she ran her tongue along the valley between Jeanie’s breasts.

“I can’t believe this is happening,” Jeanie moaned as Vayle‘s thigh slipped between the blonde’s legs.

“We can stop,” Vayle murmured against Jeanie’s skin.

“I can’t,” Jeanie whimpered helplessly.

“Neither can I,” Vayle responded breathlessly before her tongue slipped beneath the confines of Jeanie’s bra and lightly brushed against her nipple.

She continued to lightly caress the bud with her tongue as she felt Jeanie’s body moving against her own. Unable to control her desire her hips moved sensually against Jeanie’s body. She could feel her clit throbbing as her wetness grew. Her hands caressed Jeanie’s soft flesh as her lover’s moans filled the room. Her hands drifted up along Jeanie’s body.

She drew her lover closer and caressed her back. She released the clasp of her lover’s bra unable to endure the barrier hindering her touch. As Jeanie’s body arched she guided the garment up freeing her lover’s breasts. She cupped one of Jeanie’s breasts in the palm of her hand feeling the bud hardening from her touch. Then she slowly circled its twin with the tip of her tongue.

Jeanie clasped the back of her head and guided Vayle to take more of her. Vayle moaned with delight as she captured the blonde’s nipple in her mouth and began to suckle it. Vayle’s growing need for release was only surpassed by the need to pleasure her lover. She teased Jeanie’s nipple with her teeth and her tongue as her fingers teased the other one.

Vayle lavished each nipple as her lover’s body rocked against her. Vayle’s own desire was screaming for release as she began to lick and taste her way down Jeanie’s body. She clenched her thighs in an effort to cool her own needs. Still her body craved more as she dipped her tongue in her lover’s navel.

She could hear Jeanie moaning her name over and over again as she slipped her hands up under the blonde’s skirt. She found herself kneeling on the floor as she lifted the hem of Jeanie’s skirt up. She was lost in a haze of desire as she lowered the blonde’s pantyhose and underwear in one fluid motion.

“This is insane,” Jeanie groaned as Vayle kissed her thighs and cupped her ass.

“I know,” Vayle agreed as she drank in her lover’s scent.

In a moment of clarity Vayle withdrew before she could taste the sweet nectar that was drawing her in. Each of them steadied their breathing. Vayle remained kneeling on the floor as Jeanie lowered her skirt and sat up. Vayle smiled up at Jeanie whose face was flushed with desire.

“Oh boy,” Jeanie panted as she brushed back her long, blonde hair. “I’ve never done anything like this before, even when I kissed you earlier tonight. Trust me that was completely out of character for me.”

“I believe you,” Vayle chuckled as she blushed. “So now what? Do I walk out the door and we try to do this the adult way or . . ?” Her words lingered as she felt herself being drawn in once again.

“I can’t ask you leave,” Jeanie gasped in bewilderment.

“I can’t seem to go,” Vayle confessed as Jeanie laced her fingers through the brunette’s hair.

“Then promise me that we will go out on a real date,” Jeanie implored her as she drew Vayle closer and reclaimed her lips.

“I promise,” Vayle vowed as she lowered the zipper of the blonde’s skirt and slowly removed it. As she draped Jeanie’s legs over her shoulders she was amazed that this stranger had sent her into such a tailspin. Her worries vanished as she licked the passion from the inside of Jeanie’s trembling thighs.

Jeanie clutched her shoulders as Vayle ran her tongue along the blonde’s sex. She parted her lover as she teased her engorged clit with tip of her tongue. “Oh God Vayle,” Jeanie whimpered as Vayle suckled her clit deeply. Vayle murmured with pleasure as Jeanie pressed her wetness deeper against her skin.

Vayle drank in her lover’s essence as she pressed her fingers against the warm wet opening of the blonde’s center. “Yes,” Jeanie hissed as her hips thrust forward. Vayle filled her lover as she teased her clit with her teeth. Vayle’s fingers and tongue pleasured her lover until Jeanie’s body exploded against her touch.

Vayle could feel her own body quivering in response. Jeanie pulled her up and kissed Vayle deeply before she began to tug at the brunette’s clothing. Vayle gave herself over to the blonde’s insistent touch until each of them was free from all barriers. She was clinging to the arm of the sofa as Jeanie pleasured her with her mouth and hands. Vayle cried out as she felt her body giving in to her desires.

They snuggled up on the sofa and the strangest thing happened. As they held one another the room filled with a strange awkwardness. “My grandmother was right,” She muttered as Jeanie looked up at her with confusion and a hint of sadness. “It is a treasured gift. And I think we just wasted it.”

“I know,” Jeanie agreed in a sullen tone. “I just couldn’t stop.”

“Neither could I,” Vayle agreed as she kissed the top of Jeanie’s head. They had rushed everything and somehow spoiled their beginning.

“We could try again?” Jeanie suggest hopefully.

“You mean forget tonight ever happened?” Vayle asked.

“Hell no,” Jeanie chuckled.

“It’s your smile,” Vayle found herself saying as she smiled in response. “I can’t resist it.”

“Are you willing to get to know the person behind the smile?” Jeanie asked slowly. “Would you keep your promise and take me out on a date?”

“Yes,” Vayle readily agreed.

“One thing you should know,” Jeanie cautioned her. “I don’t sleep with someone on the first date.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t,” Jeanie confirmed. “And I don’t do one night stands. There is no way I’m going to let someone who can kiss me like you do turn into a one night stand.”

 

Six months later after a romantic dinner Vayle was being led into Jeanie’s bedroom for the first time. Where they slowly undressed one another and caressed the other’s body until they melted into one another’s tender embrace. They made love slowly until the fire consumed them. After six long frustrating months they finally gave themselves to one another. Vayle felt alive as she felt her lover’s body rising against her touch. She felt like it was the first time when she drank in Jeanie’s passion.

“I think I knew,” Vayle murmured as she cradled her lover in her arms.

“Knew what?” Jeanie murmured against her skin.

“That I was in love the first time you kissed me,” Vayle announced for the first time. She waited for her surprised lover to say something.

“I knew that I loved you the first moment I saw you,” Jeanie said proudly.

“You couldn’t have known then,” Vayle teased.

“I did,” Jeanie vowed. “But, all in all, I’m glad that we spent the last six months getting to know one another.”

“Hmm,” Vayle murmured. “That’s not what you said that night we went to that carnival,” She teased. “But I wouldn’t waste a single moment that I spent getting to know you.”

“Neither would I,” Jeanie agreed before placing a promising kiss on Vayle’s trembling lips.

 

The End

Send comments to yomavis@email.com

For updates, previews & the Wednesday Afternoon Series join my egroup, yomavis-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

 


Return to The Bard's Corner