Disclaimers

Copyright: This story is copyrighted to the author Ó 1999 by T.Novan. Do not use any part of this story without my written permission. I may be contacted at TNOVAN@aol.com

Sex: This story contains scenes of two women making love. <smile> If this offends you, please don’t read my story. There are plenty of other wonderful stories out there.

Violence: There are scene of violence in this piece. If that offends please move on.

Comments: As always welcomed at TNOVAN@aol.com

 

 

The Claiming of Ford

By T.Novan

LOG TEN

Ford settled into her chair, deciding to read the daily reports while Marra dressed. The little blonde had certainly done a job on her in the bath this morning and she needed a few moments to get her thoughts back in order.

She scrolled through the various logs, until one marked "Private. Garron Ford. Top Security Clearance Required" caught her eye. She checked her timepiece against the log discovering that it had actually only arrived a few moments before.

"Open file, Garron Ford, clearance Alpha six, five, three Gamma."

The screen came to life. Ford was surprised to see Chancellor Trella on the screen. Ford hadn’t spoken to the woman since before her departure to take command of the cruiser.

"Ford. I hope this message finds you well. I know that it’s been a long time since we’ve spoken. I hope all our wounds have healed. When you return to Command, please come to the palace and see me immediately. I have an offer to make you. The council and I need your expertise in certain areas."

"Oh you do huh?" Ford grumbled aloud, settling back in her chair. "And after what you did to me, why would I want to help you?" Ford sighed, realizing talking to the now frozen frame wasn’t doing her any good. "Well if the Chancellor requests it, far be it from me to argue." She turned the screen off, sighing hard, allowing her head to come to rest in the palm of her hand.

"Are you okay?"

She looked up to find Marra, looking somewhat concerned from her position in the doorway.

"I’m fine. I’ve been ordered back to the palace for an audience with Chancellor Trella and the council upon my arrival at Command."

"That’s good isn’t it? I mean it’s not everyday that one is asked to appear before the Chancellor."

"True."

"You don’t seem pleased." Marra crossed over, coming to a stop behind Ford, beginning a massage of very tense shoulders. "You don’t feel pleased."

"Trella and I have," Ford paused, taking Marra’s hand, giving it a little kiss. "A history together. Not a pleasant history, but a history."

"I’m sorry."

"So am I. I was young. I was stupid." Ford gave Marra’s hand another kiss, then rose from her seat. "Let’s go see how our serpentines are doing this morning."

Marra could tell that this conversation was most definitely over.

****

"You," Ford licked the sticky substance from her own fingers after feeding the last bite to Marra. "Are so bad for me."

"I’m bad for you? You’re the one who said that the cheesecake was the best thing you’d ever eaten. It’s not my fault you have no will power when it comes to it."

"You were the first one to give it to me." She countered as they continued their walk through the market.

"Then I guess I’ll just have to take the blame and learn to live with the guilt." The blonde chuckled, noticing that she was walking next to Ford and not behind her. She liked this spot much better.

"You do that."

"Ford?"

"Hmm?"

"Why me?"

"Why you what?"

Marra sighed, taking Ford’s arm as they moved through the crowd. "Why did you save me. Keep me safe and why in the world do you want to marry me? You already have four wives."

"Would you believe me if I told you that you were a religious quest?"

"Hardly."

"Well then, I can’t offer you a better explanation, other than I love you too."

"I just don’t understand." Marra shook her head, tightening her hold on Ford’s arm.

"You will. You will. When the time is right." Ford stopped at the platform for the transport. "Just trust me."

"You know I do."

"Then everything will be fine."

Marra reached up, caressing Ford’s cheek, then running a finger down her jaw. "Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?"

"You," A dark brow shot up. "Are too smart for your own good."

****

Neyta was busy shredding bedding and making a nest when Ford and Marra arrived in the stables. Phoenix was curled up in the opposite corner from his mate watching her. His tail thumped impatiently as he snorted from his spot.

"Well, now, what’s this?" Ford inquired, leaning against the stall wall. "Has the great Phoenix finally met his match?"

Marra chuckled a little as she reached over the wall, offering the dejected Phoenix a scratch on his head. "No, he’s just letting her nest. It’s important that the nest be exactly the way she wants it."

"Would she be upset if I took him for a ride?"

* Please Marra, tell Garron Ford to take him, so I don’t have to listen to him strike his tail any longer *

The blonde held back the laugh. "It will be perfectly all right." She nodded to Ford.

Ford whistled. Phoenix rose immediately to his hind legs rising high above them. Marra had never considered how big he was until now. She had to admit that he was awe-inspiring. Ford pulled the door open for the serpentine. Phoenix looked back one last time at his mate then followed Ford out of the stall.

* Marra will you stay with me? *

"Ford, may I stay here? Neyta has asked me to."

"Of course. I won’t be long. I don’t think he’s up to a long ride."

Marra watched Ford take Phoenix from the stables, smiling the entire time her eyes followed them.

* You are falling in love with Ford *

"Am I? I don’t know. What does love feel like?"

* It feels like you look at this very moment. *

"I only want to make her happy. It is my place. It is what I was meant to do."

* So you think that you only belong with Ford because you are…were a slave *

"I am still a slave."

* Only because you believe that you are. Ford doesn’t treat you like one. Ford doesn’t think of you as one *

Marra entered the stall. Neyta settled down into her nest, resting her head on her forelegs, watching the blonde pace back and forth.

"I don’t understand the feelings that I’m having."

* Of course you don’t. That’s part of being in love. *

"How do you know so much about how we feel when we’re in love?"

* Oh you Two Legs are arrogant. You think you are the only animals to feel emotion and have rational thought? *

Marra stopped her pacing, turning to the serpentine, who lifted her head and cocked it to the side in question.

"No. That’s not what I meant." The blonde moved to the beast, settling down next to her, she leaned back into the creature. Neyta placed her head in Marra’s lap. "Do you love Phoenix?"

* Yes, I do and he loves me. *

" Hmm. Well, maybe I’ll understand one day."

* I’m sure you will. Once Ford finally decides to consummate your relationship *

"And how do you know she hasn’t?" Marra’s question was colored with indignation.

Neyta lifted her head, sniffing the air. *She hasn’t *

"Tell me how you know." Marra turned the beast’s head so they were looking at each other. Neyta almost seemed to have a smile on her face.

*There is no scent. *

"Scent?"

*The scent you always carry after you have mated. *

Marra considered this. It was true she remembered the heavy scent she noticed on Ford after Danella’s visits to their quarters. "But it can be washed away."

* Most of it, but not all. You always carry a little of it with you. It is what makes you attractive to your mate. *

"What if Ford doesn’t find my scent, ‘attractive’?" Neyta snorted. Marra took it as a laugh. "Thanks so much."

****

Ford settled on Phoenix’s back taking the reins gently in her hands. "Easy boy. Not too fast."

The beast rose from his knees, beginning and easy gait around the ring. He extended his wings, flapping them gently to exercise them. Ford used her skill and control over the beast to keep him on the ground.

"You don’t want to do that boy. You’re not ready." The beast snorted, flapping his wings harder, throwing dirt around from the motion. Ford gave him a thump on the neck. "Oh stop it!"

He snapped his head around, giving her a little growl, baring his teeth.

"Just stop that too. You don’t scare me and you know it. Becoming a father has done nothing for your deposition."

Phoenix dropped his head, continuing his run around the ring. Ford relaxed, enjoying the ride, wishing they were planet side somewhere, running out in the open. She and Phoenix both always enjoyed that far more than the ring. She slowed him, bringing him to a halt. He pranced a bit, pawing, not quite ready to stop. She slid from his shoulders, removed his harness and turned him loose.

"Go on get it out of your system!" She waved her hand and the beast took off.

She watched as he ran full speed around the ring and then took to the air. His strength and power always amazed her.

"Garron Ford?"

She turned to find a young man, leading a small gray male serpentine. "Yes?"

He extended his hand. "I’m Carron Richards. I am stationed in the ship’s library."

"Ah good to meet you Richards." She took his hand, giving it a firm shake then she nodded to the beast. "A new serpentine?"

"My first." The young man smiled proudly. "I thought I would bring him out for a little training today. I didn’t know you would be exercising yours."

"Go ahead and turn him loose in the ring with Phoenix. He won’t hurt him, besides he’s about to become a father, it will be good for him to find out how energetic the young ones can be."

Richards removed his beast’s harness, turning him loose in the ring with the silver serpentine, who glided back to the ground to inspect the new arrival. The younger beast backed up from the larger one, trembling just a bit.

"Phoenix be nice!" Ford commanded, leaning against the wall.

Richards took a position next to the tall woman, working his halter in his hands.

"Oil." Ford offered.

"Excuse me?"

"New halter. Oil it, it’ll loosen it up."

"Thank you." Richards looked over trying to size up his commander. She didn’t seem to be the she demon everyone claimed she was. As a matter of fact she seemed rather pleasant. "Unh…Garron?"

"Yes?" She continued to watch the beasts, speaking to the young man without looking at him.

"You sent a slave to the library the other day…"

"Marra. Yes. Marra isn’t really a slave. I can’t seem to make her understand or believe that, but she’s not."

"Oh, well, she said…"

"I know what she likely said, but trust me she’s not."

"Good." The young man sighed.

Now Ford looked at him, very slowly turning her head and quirking a brow. "Yes? You have an interest in Marra?"

"Well, I unh I mean…she’s very pretty."

"Very."

"I was just wondering if it would be all right for me to inquire to her."

Ford quelled the desire to choke this young man. She cleared her throat before answering. "I have asked Marra to marry me and she has agreed, however I never hold my spouses to my house. If Marra wishes your company then it is fine with me." She turned to him, straightening to her full height. "But know this, Carron Richards, if she chooses you and you hurt her, I will come take your organs from your body, one by one, through the smallest opening on your body."

His eyes widened as he swallowed hard. "Yes Garron."

"And know this as well. She is untouched. If she chooses to share that gift with you, then you will be kind and gentle. If you hurt her, I will see to it that you never enjoy the company of another companion ever again. Do we understand each other?"

"Of course Garron."

Ford sighed, then whistled for Phoenix. The beast gave one sniff at the little male then joined his Mistress at the ring door. "Come on boy."

****

Marra looked to Ford who was sullen and quiet. She knew something was terribly wrong, but she hadn’t mentioned anything and Marra didn’t know how to inquire on the tall woman’s dark mood without making it worse.

"What would you like for dinner?" The blonde decided to try another route.

"Whatever you see fit, will be fine." Ford answered quietly as they continued their walk toward home.

"What have I done Ford?" She couldn’t stand the stress any longer. Something was bothering Ford and Marra sensed that she was at least part of the problem. "Please tell me so I don’t do it again." The tears began to form in her eyes and even though she tried to hold them back she knew she would fail.

"Oh Marra I’m sorry." Ford brought her arm up, draping it over Marra’s shoulder. "You haven’t done anything. As a matter of fact, you should be proud. You not only have me interested in you, but there seems to be a young man who is…"

"Who!? Ford I haven’t done anything, I swear, and I don’t want…"

The outburst stunned Ford, who stopped and pulled Marra into her arms. "Shh…I know you haven’t. It’s Carron Richards, from the library…"

"Oh him. I swear to you Ford I didn’t do anything to encourage him…"

The tall woman laughed a bit. "Marra you don’t need to do anything to encourage. You just seem to bring it out in the best of us. Carron Richard just asked for permission to call on you."

"What did you tell him?" She asked as they resumed their walk.

"I told him the truth. That I had asked you to marry me, but I wouldn’t hold you to my house and if you chose to see him it would be all right." She didn’t bother to mention the threats of bodily harm to the young man if he hurt the young woman. She didn’t think Marra would react well to that thought either.

"What if I don’t want to?"

"Then tell him no."

"Is this what has you so upset?"

"I’m not upset."

"Yes you are." Marra tightened her grip on Ford. "And I don’t like it."

"Marra you have a right to experience everything that life has to offer. Don’t tie yourself to me out of some outdated and ridiculous concept of service or ownership. I don’t own you, I could never own you."

"No, but you love me."

"Yes and given time and the opportunity, maybe Carron Richards would love you too."

Maybe I don’t want him to love me. Maybe I don’t want anyone but you to love me."

Ford stopped, pulling Marra back and tilting her head so their eyes met. "There is nothing in this world or the next I would enjoy more than being the only person to love you, but you don’t have any experience to draw from. Nothing to compare me to. Maybe you need that experience."

Marra’s brows came together as she tried to take in everything Ford was saying. "Then again," She grinned, wrinkling her nose just a little. "Maybe I don’t." She finished before turning and walking ahead of Ford.

 

TBC…

 


Return to The Claiming of Ford

Return to The Bard's Corner