Disclaimers

Copyright: This story is copyrighted to the author Ó 1999 by T.Novan. Do not use any part of this story without my written permission. I may be contacted at TNOVAN@aol.com

Sex: This story contains scenes of two women making love. <smile> If this offends you, please don’t read my story. There are plenty of other wonderful stories out there.

Violence: There are scene of violence in this piece. If that offends please move on.

Comments: As always welcomed at TNOVAN@aol.com

 

 

The Claiming of Ford

By T.Novan

LOG SIXTEEN

Marra held onto the console as Rick did his best to avoid blasts coming at their small shuttle. It was indeed a bumpy ride. The explosions near the ship tossed it around, making Marra feel a tad queasy. She let a small smile cross her lips thinking of the times she had been on the transport with her arms securely wrapped around Ford. "I’ll never let you go again." She whispered.

Rick watched the larger shuttle in front of them break for open space. He could tell it was headed for the enemy battle cruiser. "They’re making a break for it."

"They must have Ford aboard that ship. Follow them."

"We’re going to die." The young man groaned even as he steered the shuttle to follow.

"No, we’re not, but we may get a little scuffed up in the process."

"Scuffed I can handle. Dead I’m not so thrilled about." He grinned. "I’m going to try an old trick and see if it works. If it does we should be able to follow them aboard their ship."

"What are you going to do?"

"First," His hands flashed across the control panel. "We vent the engines to make it look like we’ve lost power and can’t follow. Then," He continued his manipulations. "we give a slight burst of the engines, happens all the time when they fail. That burst, should push us into the wake of the larger shuttle’s energy field. If it works we’ll be able to follow right behind them and no one will notice."

"Until of course we’re aboard."

"Right."

"Then what?"

"Then we need to come up with a second part to this sterling plan because we are most likely going to be taken captive."

"Captive huh?"

"Yeah."

"Rick, can you play scared?"

"Who’s playing?"

****

Ford tugged on the collar at her neck, just a little tighter and breathing would be almost impossible. She examined the heavy magnetic cuffs at her wrists and ankles. She certainly hadn’t expected this turn of events when she thought she had found the door. The bolt that had knocked her off her feet had also knocked her unconscious, when she came to she found herself securely shackled.

"Lord Kurrathian," The voice echoed once again from the speaker above her head. "Stop fighting us and stop trying to escape and you won’t be harmed. If you continue, we will tighten the collar until you pass out and can be subdued more efficiently."

She rolled from her side to her back. "This," Ford rasped, her mouth was dry and her throat hurt. "is pointless. I’ll be terminated from my ship as soon as they realize I am missing. You know that."

"No, you won’t Lord Kurrathian. We have already disabled the termination implant. It is very important that you be kept alive."

"Just not mandatory I be comfortable?"

"Not at all."

"You’re doing that part very well." She mumbled. Rolling over on her side again, she managed to force herself into a sitting position against the wall. Her head felt like it was going to come off her shoulders and now her ribs hurt too. She gave great consideration to the fact that her situation was not improving. She looked to her hands again, twisting the shackles which were held together by the strong magnetic force. No, it was not improving at all.

At least she didn’t have to worry about being terminated, if, of course, her captures were telling her the truth. She wondered who exactly would have the ability to disable the implant. As far as she knew that technology didn’t exist.

****

The shuttle was surrounded the moment it came in for a landing. When the door opened the guards who boarded the shuttle found the small blonde holding a disrupter to the head of a young man who was on his knees.

"Stay back or I’ll kill him!" She growled, giving Rick’s hair a yank to pull his head back.

The guards stopped, certainly not expecting this turn of events. A tall woman stepped forward, lowering her own weapon and motioning to the others in her party to do the same. "Relax. We don’t need for anyone to get hurt." She offered softly.

Marra smiled on the inside. Outwardly, she just pressed the weapon harder into Rick’s head. "I just want safe passage off of this ship."

"Who are you?" The woman asked gently, taking a step forward.

"I’m Marra. I was Garron Ford’s slave. I escaped when the battle started."

The woman smiled. "I’m Sarron Daien. I am the commander of Garron Dror’s personal guard. No one here wants to hurt you. Why don’t you put the weapon down and let us help you?"

"Help me?" Marra asked innocently.

Sarron Daien nodded. "Yes, let us help you. You just need to release the Carron so we can do that."

"You’re Garron Ford’s enemy. You’ll kill us both." Marra jerked Rick back by the shoulder of his uniform. "I don’t want anyone to get hurt. I just wanted to get away."

"We won’t kill you Marra." The woman took another slow step forward, holding her hand out. "I promise you. We’ll help you both. We’ll help you gain your freedom from Garron Ford."

"Don’t try to fool me. I’m a slave. I will merely be made a slave to someone on this ship."

"No. No you won’t. I won’t let anyone take you anywhere. I’ll give you my personal protection until we sort things out." She looked down at the young man who just swallowed hard, a bead of sweat trickled down the side of his face. "I’ll offer my protection to the both of you." She returned her attention to the little blonde. "You just have to trust me."

Marra hesitated for a moment, then dropped the weapon, handing it to Sarron Daien. This might not be the best solution, but it got them aboard. Now all she had to do was figure out part three of this plan.

****

The guard pulled Ford to her feet. As his men held their weapons on her, he slipped the dark sack over her head. "You are being moved to another location Lord Kurrathian. We wish to do this without injuring you further."

Ford nodded, understanding completely that any resistance would no doubt mean a severe beating. Until things improved for her she didn’t need to purposely upset anyone. Eventually someone would make the mistake that would give her the opportunity she required to escape.

She felt two guards grip her arms, one of them poked a weapon in her ribs. The magnetic field at her feet was released allowing her to walk under her own power. She listened intently to everything around her. It was the only of her senses that was of any use to her at the moment.

She could tell that she was being taken from a smaller transport to a larger ship. She figured that she was being taken aboard Garron Dror’s ship. Now the question was, why? Why was Dror doing every thing in his power to keep her alive? He was certainly following orders from someone very high up in his own command. Maybe his own Chancellor? What was that maniac’s name? She struggled with it trying to recall it, but it wasn’t coming to her.

She listened as they left the transport, stepping out into the launching bay. There were a multitude of voices around her. People coming and going from every direction.

****

Someone, she wasn’t sure who, draped a blanket over her shoulders when they stepped off the shuttle. Marra tried to take in every thing around her. She glanced at Rick who seemed to be doing the same thing. He brought his hand to his mouth, coughing. She noticed he gave a quick point. She looked only long enough to see six heavily armed guards removing someone from the larger shuttle.

Her heart began to pound in her chest when the length of black hair trailing out from under the dark sack gave away the captive’s identity.

*Ford. Ford I’m here. I’m trying to find a way to get you out. *

She hoped that Ford could hear her and knew she was close.

Sarron Daien noticed the look that flashed across Marra’s face. She leaned in and whispered. "Yes, that is Garron Ford."

"You’ve taken her captive?"

"That was our mission."

"Why?"

"Because she has to be stopped. She is a truly evil woman. She masks it well. You should know this if you were her slave."

"She definitely treated me differently than anyone else before her."

"I’m sure of it." Sarron Daien offered, placing her arm around Marra’s shoulders. "You’re safe now. She can’t hurt you any longer."

Marra shuddered, she was sure Daien took it as a sign of relief. It wasn’t.

 

****

Ford was careful not to respond when she heard Marra’s voice in her head. Great Capri how had Marra gotten aboard the ship and what exactly did she think she would be able to do? Get them both killed maybe? Now she had to worry about the little blonde as well. Not only did she have to find a way out, but now she would have to find Marra and get them both to safety.

She continued to pay attention to as much as possible. She knew she was being escorted into the holding cells of the ship. Once she was taken inside, she felt the manacles being removed from her legs and wrists, then the sack from her head. She let her eyes adjust to the light in the room. Taking in her surrounding she was surprised to find it was a rather ornate and comfortable cell.

"Lord Kurrathian." The tall guard addressed her as he backed out of the cell. "We don’t want to hurt you. We have our orders. Please don’t makes us do that."

"Wouldn’t think of it." She offered dryly as the door closed. She took a deep breath then knelt next to the bunk to begin praying.

****

"You can stay here for the time being." Sarron Daien said softly, escorting Marra to one door, while Rick was shown quarters a little further down the corridor. "These are comfortable living quarters. You will of course be locked in until Garron Dror has a chance to speak with you. I’m sure you understand."

"I do." Marra nodded, hoping for some time alone to gather her thoughts.

"Do you need anything? Food? Drink? Medical attention?"

"No, I’m fine thank you."

"Marra. You don’t need to be afraid here. I mean it when I say no one will hurt you. Garron Ford can’t get to you here."

Marra nodded. She really wished that this Sarron would just leave so she could concentrate on finding Ford and getting them out of there.

The woman moved to Marra, reaching toward her neck she took the necklace into the palm of her hand. "Garron Ford’s mark?"

"No." Marra lied, hoping that the woman wouldn’t take the necklace. "An old family piece. I’m not sure where it comes from."

"It looks like a mark of royalty."

"I’ve had it since I was a baby from what I understand. It’s the only thing I’ve ever had that I’ve managed to keep."

She let the necklace fall back to Marra’s throat. "Then by all means do so now as well."

"Thank you." Marra grasped the necklace, tucking it back in her tunic. "The pilot I came here with. I want you to know that I forced him to take me off the ship. He works in the ship’s library. He’s not a soldier."

"We’ll take that under consideration. He’s still loyal to Ford?"

"I think he could be persuaded otherwise."

"Let’s hope so. For his sake."

With this the woman turned and left the room. Marra heard the lock shift into place. "Think Marra, think." She began pacing the room.

TBC…


Return to The Claiming of Ford

Return to The Bard's Corner