Disclaimers

Copyright: This story is copyrighted to the author Ó 1999 by T.Novan. Do not use any part of this story without my written permission. I may be contacted at TNOVAN@aol.com

Sex: This story contains scenes of two women making love. <smile> If this offends you, please don’t read my story. There are plenty of other wonderful stories out there.

Violence: There are scene of violence in this piece. If that offends please move on.

Comments: As always welcomed at TNOVAN@aol.com

 

 

The Claiming of Ford

By T.Novan

LOG THIRTY-EIGHT

Ford yawned, leaning back in her chair she scrubbed her face to try and rub away the overwhelming feeling of being tired. She glanced over to the bed, where Marra slumbered peacefully. She leaned forward again closing the ancient text. She moved from the chair, taking her robe she left their quarters.

Being late, the corridors of the ship were empty. She listened to the hum of the engines and felt an old familiar rush, course through her veins. Some part of her longed for battle. She missed the blaring of the alert sirens that sent her troops rushing for fighters and transports. She missed taking Phoenix planet side and engaging the enemy in hand to hand combat. She missed the power that came with the kill.

She stopped just outside the entrance to the temple, taking a deep breath she prepared to go in. She hit the lock, the door hissed open. "Lights soft." She whispered. The room began to glow softly. She stepped out of her shoes and removed her clothes before taking her place at the altar.

"Capri, please guide me. I’m so unsure of my journey. Not just the one that takes us to Earth, but also of the one I’m on with Marra. And now she has taken it upon herself to bring a child into this life. This terrifies me more than I can believe. I had decided never to have children. I never asked any of my wives to grace me with children. The mere thought of it…"

"Relax Ford." Capri stepped down from the altar, standing next to her favored. "It’s is not a difficult thing to love a child. You will lose your heart to the little one. Just as you lost your heart to its mother."

"Yes Capri. Marra is this child’s mother, isn’t she?"

"She is. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be as well."

"I am a warrior, not a mother. I am a soldier I know nothing of being able to raise children."

The deity smiled at her favored, caressing her cheek. "Do you think anyone who becomes a parent for the first time is ever prepared for it? You need an heir; you can’t be the last of your line. You are too important to the survival of my people. Marra recognizes this fact. Now it’s time for you to recognize it as well."

"At least the child will have Marra."

"Yes, you and your child are very fortunate."

****

Ford grumbled a bit, straightening her belt while appraising her appearance in the mirror. "I hate these things."

Marra chuckled, straightening her gown. "You look wonderful."

The Ambassador turned to face her spouse. Her breath was literally stolen from her body when she saw her. "Marra, you are the most beautiful creature I have ever laid my eyes on."

Again a somewhat nervous hand smoothed the fabric of the formal gown. "I’m glad you’re pleased."

Ford took the smaller woman into her arms, giving her a kiss on the top of the head. "You have no idea." She drew a deep breath looking down at her spouse. "Do we have to go?"

"It’s a dinner in your honor. I really think we should go."

"I’m still trying to figure out why my command staff and members of my own family are having a dinner in my honor. They all know me. A few of them hate me. Why they want to have dinner with me is beyond me."

"Ford, I suspect it is more for them than you. We’re going to be on this ship by a long time. It’s a chance to be in a social setting. We should try to encourage that."

The tall woman groaned, resting her cheek on Marra’s head. "Do you always have to be right?"

"I don’t have to, but it’s nice." Marra giggled a bit. "Now my dear, let me finish getting ready."

"You already look good enough to eat. What more is there to do?"

"Just a few things that will make a subtly presentable First Wife of the Second House."

"You could wear a bag and you would be subtly presentable."

"Ah, you are sweet. Silly, but sweet." Marra gave her tall spouse a pat on the chest. "Now let me finish getting ready."

Ford reluctantly relinquished her hold on the small woman. "Very well. Do I have to wear my uniform?"

"No."

Dark brows shot up. "No?"

The blonde turned once again. "Seems to me that since you are the Lord of the Second House you should be able to wear whatever you desire."

"My pajamas?"

"You might try something a little more formal than that. Besides, I don’t think I’ve seen your pajamas since we got married. Do you even have any onboard?"

"Very funny, very funny." She took another look in the mirror. "Well then this will just have to do. I’m not wearing the cloak or the medals. They’re both just silly decorations."

"Only meant to impress and you’re impressive enough as it is." Marra snickered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked in the mirror. She finished fixing the hair piled on top of her head. She literally squeaked when firm, insistent lips began kissing her bare neck. "Behave!" She growled. "We are going to this dinner Ford Kurrathian and I won’t let you distract me."

"Oh no?" She mumbled her question, even as her mouth continued its assault on the skin in front of her.

Marra squirmed away, turning to face Ford, she grinned playfully, putting up her hand. "No, now behave."

"You know," Ford advanced slowly, pretending to look at various parts of the room. "I really think we could have more fun here."

"Now Ford, I mean it! We are going to this dinner. We are going to have a good time and you’re going to behave."

"Yes Lady Kurrathian." Ford bowed deeply at the waist.

***

Ford leaned back in her chair, watching the people gathered in the room. Her command staff and her other spouses along with their other spouses all mixed and mingled together. There were also several members of her ambassadorial staff. Marra managed to fit in quite nicely, taking her duties as First Wife very seriously.

The Ambassador wondered if maybe some element of this, was a show of possessiveness on Marra’s part. It certainly seemed to be, by the way that the blonde kept staring at her from across the room. Ford just picked up her wineglass and hid her smile behind it as she sipped.

The soft clearing of a throat made her look right. Garron Richards stood there, hoping to be invited to sit with her. She made the gesture, he took the seat next to her.

"Thank you for coming tonight Ambassador."

Ford chuckled. "My wife insisted."

"Which one?"

"The one that counts." Ford grinned. "The one I live and sleep with. Something tells me I would have spent a couple cold and lonely nights in another sleeping chamber if I have refused."

"I understand congratulations are in order." The young man offered, even as his eyes tracked Marra across the room. "Lady Kurrathian is with child."

"Yes she is. Thank you." Ford turned to the young man. "You still have feelings for her don’t you?"

"I’m sorry Ambassador I shouldn’t have…" The young man’s head dropped a bit.

"No, Rick, it’s okay. I understand completely. While I don’t expect it to happen, should Marra ever decide to take a husband I think she would choose well to take you."

"Thank you Ambassador. I appreciate that, but in the meantime I think I should begin looking for someone else to spend my life with. I think Lady Kurrathian is most decidedly a single spouse type."

"I hope so." Ford mumbled, even as she watched Marra in conversation with a small group in the corner.

***

"So," Ford took Marra’s hand and pulled her into her arms, beginning to dance with her as the rest of the guests at the function allowed them the honor of the first dance together. "Do you by any chance fancy yourself a matchmaker?"

"No. Why?"

"My Garron is a very lonely young man and I really would prefer that he stop staring at you."

"So you want me to find him a companion?"

"I think it would be nice, yes."

"Why don’t you do it?" Marra was completely amused by the jealous streak that Ford was showing at the moment.

"Because I have lousy taste in women."

"Oh thanks so much!" The blonde gave Ford a firm slap to the shoulder.

Ford grimaced. "Oh, that didn’t come out quite right."

"No kidding."

"I mean for other people. I discovered that a few years ago when I tried to fix one of my wives up with another prospective spouse. It was a total disaster from the beginning. I vowed I would never do it again."

"Un-huh." Marra rolled her eyes. "Never mind. Don’t even try to get out of this. There is no graceful way for you to dig your way out."

Ford sighed.

Marra giggled then gave her frustrated spouse a kiss on the cheek. "I love you."

"Umm-hmm. It’s a good thing too. Since I have a big mouth and no sense what so ever."

The assembled group watched the Ambassador and the First Wife dance together and there was no doubt by anyone in the room how deeply they loved each other. The way they held each other and looked into the other eyes were evidence enough. Never mind that Lord Kurrathian had decided to give her wife a rather intense little kiss that seemed to make the smaller woman weak in the knees.

"You are being very bad Lord Kurrathian, stop it." Marra growled when she had recovered her breath. "I told you to behave."

Ford arched a brow, pointing innocently at herself. "Me? I’m being good. I merely gave my beautiful wife a kiss."

"Un-huh. That’s as good an excuse as any." The smaller woman played with the lapel of Ford’s coat. "I personally think you’re just being evil with me because you know you can."

"Maybe just a little." Ford admitted with a smirk.

***

"Open a channel to Lord Hadrain." The commander of the battle cruiser tapped his fingers on the arm of his chair.

The communications officer’s hands flew over the links quickly. "Channel open Garron Beagin."

Hadrain turned to face the screen. "You have news for me?"

"I do, Lord Hadrain. We are closing in on Lord Kurrathian’s ship. We should be able to make contact in the next few days. Your orders are?"

"Take the ship, get my daughter back and kill Ford Kurrathian." The older man sneered a bit. "Not necessarily in that order. I’m sure you will have to kill Ford before you can get my daughter. I also want proof of Ford’s death." He paused as he considered his last order. "Bring me her head."

"I’ll see to it the body is returned to you."

"I didn’t ask for the body, just the head."

"As you wish, Lord Hadrain. And if Leandra puts up a fight?"

"Don’t hurt my daughter Beagin, you’ll regret it. But if she gives you any trouble do what you must to secure her return."

"Yes, Lord Hadrain. And the ship and its crew?"

"Destroy it. Don’t leave any trace of it."

"Yes, Lord Hadrain. I’ll be in touch once we have dealt with these issues."

"Very well." Hadrain paused, once again before looking to his commander. "Beagin?"

"Yes, Lord Hadrain?"

"If you fail and for some reason Kurrathian allows you to live, don’t come back here because your life will be forfeit. Hadrain out."

The screen darkened. Beagin looked to his second in command. "He’s always such a pleasure first thing in the morning."

TBC…

 


Return to Main COF Page / Return to The Bard's Corner