Disclaimers

Copyright: This story is copyrighted to the author Ó 1999 by T.Novan. Do not use any part of this story without my written permission. I may be contacted at TNOVAN@aol.com

Sex: This story contains scenes of two women making love. <smile> If this offends you, please don’t read my story. There are plenty of other wonderful stories out there.

Violence: There are scene of violence in this piece. If that offends please move on.

Comments: As always welcomed at TNOVAN@aol.com

 

 

The Claiming of Ford

By T.Novan

LOG NINE

Ford felt Marra grip her arm just a little tighter as they approached the restaurant. She knew the surroundings were going to be intimidating to the blonde, but this would be a good experience for her.

"Everything will be just fine." Ford soothed, rubbing Marra’s hand.

"I…I know."

"Relax Marra. You’re the most beautiful woman in the place."

"You’re biased."

"Just a touch." Ford agreed as they were shown to a large table in the very back of the room. It afforded the Garron a visual of every part of the place and gave them a lot of privacy, shrouded behind a few plants and a couple of small statues.

Marra watched as the other patrons went back to their meals and the conversations that had died down as they walked through the room picked back up after they took their seats.

Ford smiled as a man and woman rose from their own table and crossed to theirs. She stood, greeting the woman with a warm embrace and a kiss on the cheek. The man received a firm handshake and a pat on the back. They chatted for a minute then Ford gestured to Marra. "Let me introduce you."

Marra adjusted in her seat so that she was sitting up very straight when Ford turned to her. "Marra, I’d like to introduce you to Lauren and her husband, Conner."

The blonde extended her hand, receiving warm handshakes from both parties. "It’s very nice to meet you."

Lauren looked back and forth between Ford and Marra, then smiled a coy little smile. "It’s very nice to meet you Marra." She leaned over and whispered, "She never did wear her dress uniform for me."

Ford, cleared her throat a tad embarrassed when Lauren stood back up. "How have you been ‘Dear’?" The Garron grinned when the word dear passed her lips.

"Very well Ford, very well. I just wanted to come over and let you know that Conner and I are expecting our first child in about seven months."

This resulted in the woman receiving another warm hug from Ford. "Congratulations to you both. I shall remember to include the baby in my prayers."

"That’s very kind of you Garron Ford." Conner spoke for the first time, sounding very respectful with his tone.

"You are expanding our family Conner. Of course it is my pleasure. You will notify me when the child is born?"

"Absolutely." Conner was quick to agree. "Well, we’ll let you get back to your meal. We just wanted to say hello."

Marra watched as the pair returned to their own table. Ford settled down next to her, pouring two glasses of wine from a bottle that had been waiting when they arrived. "Another of my wives and her husband."

"So that’s what she meant by you never wore your dress uniform for her."

"Yes, that’s what she meant."

"I’m honored."

"As well you should be. I’ve never worn this uniform for anyone other than to make official public appearances." Ford teased again, taking Marra’s hand as she sipped her wine. She nodded her head to the glass in front of Marra. "Try it, I think you’ll like it. I hope you don’t mind I called ahead and ordered dinner for us."

"Of course not Ford." Marra tasted the sweet liquid in the glass, deciding almost immediately that she liked it.

"Good?"

"Very, thank you."

"You’re welcome." Ford moved closer to Marra, leaning in and placing a very soft kiss to her ear. "Happy birthday."

"Speaking of that." The blonde drew back, looking at the Garron. "You know it’s not my birthday."

"How so?"

"I have no idea when my birthday is."

"Exactly. So how do you know it’s not today?"

Marra just shook her head. She certainly couldn’t argue with the logic of the conversation. "I guess I don’t."

"Well, it is now and I can prove it."

"Really?"

"Umm-hmm." She withdrew papers from the inside of her jacket, handing them over to Marra. "Here you go."

She unfolded the papers slowly, reading and absorbing every word in them. "Oh Ford!"

"I told you I was going to do it."

"But…"

"But nothing. I have never in my life met someone who deserves to be a citizen more than you do. You have everything you need, a name, a birth date and a sponsor."

Marra’s brows came together as she looked at the papers again. "What’s this?"

Ford leaned over looking to the place that Marra indicated. "Kurrathian."

"What is that?"

"My last name."

"How can I have your last name?" Marra inquired, taking a sip of her wine.

"Marry me."

It was nearly a mistake. She choked just a little with Ford’s last statement and had to work hard at keeping the liquid in. She finally managed to swallow. "Marry you?"

"Yes." Ford turned to her, producing a small box. "It’s an old Earth custom. It’s called a proposal." She opened the box to reveal matching rings. "Marra, will you marry me?"

"I…I…Ford I…."

"You," The Garron swallowed hard. She felt as if her heart would break at the words she was about to say, but they needed to be said. "You don’t have to stay with me, but if you marry me it’ll be easier for me to get your citizenship granted. Like all my wives I will grant you your freedom to do as you please. I know you don’t love me. I know you probably never could or never will, but I do care for you and I…"

"Yes."

It took a moment for the soft affirmation to reach Ford’s ears. "What?"

"I said yes. I’ll marry you."

For the first time in a very long time Ford actually felt a little off balance. She wasn’t expecting Marra to agree so quickly. She fumbled for just a second with the ring box, pulling the ring out.

"This is also and old Earth custom. It’s an engagement ring. You wear it to show that you are to be married. Then after we get married we’ll add the wedding band." She took Marra’s left hand in her right, slowly, placing the ring on her third finger.

"How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"My ring size."

"Believe it or not I know how to be sneaky." She leaned back in the booth, bringing Marra’s hand to her lips and giving it a soft kiss.

"Apparently so." Marra blushed when she felt Ford’s soft lips on her hand.

****

Marra lay in bed next to Ford, who slept soundly and peacefully. She looked at the ring on her finger and then her hand went to the necklace. So Ford’s plan to gain her citizenship included marrying her. But why, when she already owned her? She rolled on her side to watch the woman sleep. What purpose could Ford have for wanting to secure her citizenship? She was born a slave and surely she was meant to die a slave.

Ford moaned a bit, turning in her sleep, tossing a strong arm over Marra, and pulling her close. She settled into what was becoming a familiar spot, so warm and safe. Her eyes drifted close and for the first time, she slept and began to dream.

The smoke was thick, burning her eyes and tearing at her lungs. Alarms were ringing. Lights of all shapes and sizes flashed and buzzed. She remembered what Ford had told her.

"If it goes bad. Get to my transport. Get to the surface, you’ll be safe there."

She stumbled through the wrecked corridors, trying to remember the directions Ford had given her. Trying to remember where Ford’s last known location was.

She coughed hard as the black smoke filled her lungs. There was no way to make it. She certainly couldn’t survive this. She could feel the ship coming apart at the seams.

She stumbled again, falling over a body. She stopped when her eyes made out the clothing.

"Ford! Ford!"

She pulled the woman into her arms. Blue eyes opened slowly. "Go…."

"No. No I won’t…."

"You must."

Ford’s hand traveled to her cheek, a thumb brushed away a tear. "Don’t cry. Capri comes to claim me. But she has plans for you…go."

The scream was torn from her chest as she felt the hand drop away and Ford’s head drop back.

Ford bolted up as the scream tore through the room, waking rapidly she pulled Marra into her arms. "Shh…Shh…Marra it’s all right. It’s all right…."

"The ship! You! I couldn’t…."

"Shh." Ford tightened her hold on the smaller woman, easing her back to the bed. "I’ve got you. You’re safe. Everything is fine."

Marra couldn’t resist the calming, hypnotic tones of Ford’s voice. She simply allowed herself to relax into her protector, falling back into a deep dreamless sleep.

Ford recognized the signs of night frights. She held the trembling woman through the night, wondering what had caused the outburst. Marra had never really done anything like this before. If this was a result of Danella’s abuse, she would make the woman pay for it in ways Danella wouldn’t be able to imagine the Garron capable of.

Ford never returned to sleep. She rested there, next to Marra for the rest of the night, holding the woman, but refusing to be separated from her even by sleep. Several times she found herself placing her lips to the top of her companion’s head, leaving the tenderest of kisses.

"So much is planned for you. You have no idea. It is my great fortune to have you in my life. I hope you stay with me." Another kiss was left behind.

Then Ford closed her eyes in prayer. "Capri, forgive me for delighting so much in the joy she brings me. Forgive me for loving her, I simply can not help myself. I will release her as you have commanded, but my heart burns at the thought and I hope she returns to me."

Ford felt a tear slid down her cheek, then another and another. It was the first time in a long time that Garron Ford Kurrathian cried.

****

Marra stretched long and hard in the soft warm bed, realizing immediately that Ford was gone. She pulled herself upright, groaning a bit when her still bruised muscles protested.

"Hey, what did I tell you?" Ford chastised with a smile, bringing hot tea and fresh rolls to the bed on a tray.

"Ford I really should…"

"Stop arguing with me. You’re really bad at it and you never win." She settled down on the bed offering Marra a cup of tea. "So what would you like to do today?"

"A walk in the garden? Then a visit to Neyta and Phoenix?" Both requests were made by a slightly blushing blonde from behind her cup. It was the first time she had ever been asked what she would like to do and she liked the fact that Ford had asked her.

"Wonderful ideas, both of them. We’ll make a day of it. Then maybe we’ll do a little shopping. We do have a wedding to prepare for."

This last comment was accented with a kiss. Marra found that Ford’s kisses were growing a bit bolder with each one bestowed. She also found she was enjoying them more and more.

Ford caressed her cheek as she pulled back form the kiss, smiling like a small child. "You’re beautiful."

Marra blushed again, quickly returning her cup to her lips.

"And so cute when you don’t know what to say." The tall woman added, rising from her spot on the bed. "Marra do you remember waking up at all last night?"

"No Ford. Did I disturb you?"

"No." The Garron lied. "You just seemed restless. I wondered if you were having trouble sleeping."

"I don’t remember anything unusual."

"Well that’s all that matters then. I’m going to take my bath. Enjoy breakfast."

Marra sipped her tea as she listened to Ford prepare for her bath. She drew a deep breath thinking of a warm bath for herself actually, knowing now that it was perfectly acceptable and that Ford wouldn’t mind in the least. Then her thoughts took an entirely different route.

She got out of bed and moved to Ford’s bookcase. She scanned them for a moment, knowing the title she was looking for. Finding it, she flipped it open and read the section she thought might be helpful. Her brows furrowed together as she turned the pages, looking for anything she thought might answer her question.

Not finding the exact answer she was looking for she decided to improvise, hoping that it would be all right. She’d know soon enough if it weren’t. Moving to the shower room she removed her robe and gown, examining her body for bruising. Finding it healed to her liking she replaced her robe, then headed for the bathing chamber.

Ford’s head snapped around when Marra entered. She smiled at the little woman, offering a questioning shrug. Marra remained quiet, only returning a smile. She moved closer, kneeling behind Ford at the edge of the tub. "Wash your back?"

Ford felt her breath catch. She nodded silently, handing Marra a cloth and a bar of soap. She simply began to melt when she felt the small, but insistent hands on her back. She held in all the little noises of pleasure that wanted to escape from her body as her mind reeled.

So lost in her feelings and emotions, Ford didn’t notice when the bathing stopped. With her eyes closed and the visions well hidden under her eyelids, she merely smiled at her own erotic thoughts. She did, however, jump like a nervous catala when she felt the small body slide into the tub behind her. Her eyes snapped open, she started to move forward only to have those hands grasp her by the shoulders and pulled her back.

"Shh. Don’t." Marra whispered, settling down into the water. She pulled the larger woman back into her. "We are, after all engaged. This most certainly must be all right, isn’t it?"

Ford could only nod and suffer while Marra held her and bathed her entire body. The blonde smiled to herself when she felt slight tremors running through Ford. She was beginning to understand some of the power that she held over the strong, beautiful woman in front of her.

She knew she would never do anything to harm or betray Ford, but she might try to find a way to use it to explore some of the feelings that she was now having that were new to her.

"Are you all right?" She whispered, after one particularly strong shudder ran through Ford’s body.

"Marra," Ford swallowed hard. "Do you remember the conversation we had the other day about foreplay?"

"Yes." The answer was giving as a soapy cloth brushed over extremely sensitive nipples.

Ford groaned. "This would be considered foreplay."

"Is this bad?"

"Under normal circumstances no."

"These aren’t normal circumstances?"

"No."

"Why not?" This was asked as the cloth worked its way down a strong, firm stomach.

"Oh for Capri’s sake Marra are you trying to kill me?" Ford growled a little, stopping the hand and the cloth before it could go any lower.

"I don’t understand Ford." The slave offered quietly.

Ford turned around, looking into misty green eyes she sighed. "Marra what your doing is causing certain reactions and feelings in my body. You are arousing me." Ford paused. "Sexually."

"And this displeases you. That I arouse you in this way."

"Oh by Capri no, but you are innocent. You have not been touched. I want to save that for our wedding night. It is a truly beautiful and special thing to share that for the first time. I don’t want it to be anything but perfect for you."

"Sharing it with you will make it perfect."

Ford smiled at the soft admission, pulling the small woman into her arms. "And you will, just not right now." With a determined deep breath Ford, kissed the top of Marra’s head, then climbed out of the tub. "You finish your bath." She pulled on her robe, without drying off.

"What are you going to do?" Marra asked, leaning back into the water.

"Me?" Ford pointed to her own chest. "Oh me, I’m going to go take a cold shower."

 

TBC…


Return to The Claiming of Ford

Return to The Bard's Corner