Disclaimer: the characters of Xena: Warrior Princess, and all other associated with the Television Series of the same name are owed by MCA/Universal Pictures. This is a work of fan fiction and no copyright infringements intended.

Sex: yes, but very mild. If it is illegal in your state or you are under 18 go bye-bye

Violence: 3 words- Xena Warrior Princess

Language: some not to bad.

Other: I take the Character of Terri Nova as my own. This is a Uber and timelines story. I have also use from Sarah Mclachlan lyrics from the song Endless. Not in the first story but in the third part.

 

Comments: please be nice this is my first try. E-mail me at TheRose119@aol.com


LEGACY

Part 1

by Doris Rose
TheRose119@aol.com

 

Mist was flowing over the jungle, as if it was on fire. The jungle was alive with the sounds of animal and insects. It was around six in the morning. In the back ground eight figures in black could barely be seen. One brought up a hand, two fingers went up, then gestured to the right. Again a number was shown on the hand, this times four fingers, then a gesture to the left. Then the hand made a fist, and they all stopped where they stood. The hand flatted out, and motioned down. The figures all went down as bullets flew past them.

"Shit" a woman’s voice said.

"Terri, shut your trap." A male voice scolded. He looked up to see if he could see something, but the jungle was too dense. His hand came up again, and repeated the same motion, this time the figures moved as they were told. "Sound off when you are in place."

"Tiny set" a big figure whispering into the headset.

"Phoenix, ready" a small figure whispered from up in a tree. "Max, watch your right, two men coming your way."

"Terri, do you have a shot?" Max whispered back.

"No, keep down. Tiny, Do you?" Terri’s voice wavered.

"Coming up from behind, right now." Tiny said as he came down on the man that was in the back. Max jumped on the one up front. No noise, be both of the men where dead. "We’re okay."

The rest of the men called in and were set for an attack. They had surrounded a make sift camp where they were to kill the leader, and rescue a prisoner. Phoenix and Tiny were after the leader. The rest were to get the prisoner out. "Tiny, you and Terri get in and get out." Max ordered. "Terri keep down."

"Yes lover," Phoenix whispered. "Now quit worrying. Let me do my job, Okay."

Terri and Tiny slowly walked up to their target. Terri pulled out her gun as Tiny tackled him. Terri bent down and took her mask off, "I want you to see the person that killed you, you bastard." She punched him in the face first. The man just smiled as she cocked the gun. "Say goodbye." Then a sound came from behind and before she knew it, something hit her in the back of her head. But at the same time there was a bright light. And in a flash she was gone along with the man that Tiny had been holding down.

Tiny looked around and could not believed at what he had just seen. In his ear, Max was yelling at him, asking what the hell had just happen. He tried to clear his head. His eyes finally cleared. "Max, did you see that," not believing what he had just seen. He looked around. The camp was gone. "Oh, shit, Max. She’s gone. Oh, God, she’s gone!"

 


Terri struggled to open her eyes. Her head felt like she had been drinking. Noticing that she was face down on the ground, she turned over, trying to focus on something, anything. ‘Man, what the hell hit me?’ Closing her eyes again, she tried to sit up, but fell back "Oh shit, Max, Tiny, Paul, Frank? Anyone help!" She began to cry a little. ‘Hold on girl, focus’.

Looking up, she noticed that she was not in the same place. She was no longer in the jungle in Vietnam. She was in a forest, the trees were huge, but dense. Looking around she tried to sit up again, but this time, she was leaning on a tree. Putting her hand at the back of her head, and pulled it back to her face. ‘Blood. That’s bad’, she thought and then felt around her ears, more blood. ‘Oh my, I need some help.’ But from where? It took more than an hour before she could make it to her feet. ‘If it wasn’t for you, my friend,’she thought, patting the tree. "Too bad you can’t walk or talk. I need water, which way?" she stumbled, fell back and hit her head on the tree. She let out a scream and passed out again.

 

Within minutes she was surrounded by women who had come down from the trees. "I told you I heard something," one said.

One of the women leaned down, taking off her mask to get a better view. "Go tell Ephiny that we have a guest," the leader shouted. "She’s not dead, but she is hurt. Make a litter so we can take her back to the village." The women went to work and soon she was in the village and in the healer’s hut.

"Is she going to be okay?" Ephiny asked, looking at the healer.

Caron looked up. "She’s in bad shape. She has a lot of bumps and bruises. I’m really worried about her head. There’s a lot of blood, even from her ears. She has a couple of broke ribs. I’ll do the best I can my Regent." She said as cleaned Terri’s hair.

Ephiny smiled. "Do what you can." Turning and walking out of the hut, she turned to them to the two guards. "I want to know when she wakes, understood." The guards bowed their headsand

she walked away.

 


It was a slow few days for Caron, so she was able to keep a good eye on this stranger. Caron had to undress her. The cloths were made from a strange fabric. The stranger had scars but not like she had even seen. They where holes, like a spear would make, but these were different. Pulling something from Terri ear. ‘She must be some kind of warrior’. Caron cleaned Terri up, figuring that no one would remember that she’d done it. People came and left the healer’s hut, needing stitches here, a bone set there, but that was all she seemed good for. ‘No one ever listens to me. They just tell me to get out of their way. After all, I’m not a warrior.’

 

Ephiny walked in the next morning. Admiring the stranger’s dark hair and tan features, she thought she looked like some one she knew. Her arm was very muscular. ‘Warrior, has to be a warrior.’ she thought. "How’s our guest this morning?"

"She’s the same, although she has said some names." Brushing Terri’s check, Caron was surprised when Terri jumped, causing the healer to jump as well. "That’s the first time she’s done that."

Terri started to open her eyes, then closed them again, bringing her hand to her eyes. "Please be home, please be home," she whispered. Slowly she opened them again. Her eyes were blurry and could not make out much. She turned toward Ephiny, "Maxwell, baby is that you. Oh my head. Max?.................No! Close your eyes again, your home, please, I want to go home, MAX!!!!!."

"Calm down, please! Your making everything worse." Caron whispered to her. "That’s it, your fine. You’re not home. But I promise no one will harm you. I’m Caron. I’m the healer of this village. What’s your name? Do you remember?"

She did as Caron told her. "My name? Phoenix, no Terri, Terri Nova." Pausing, she saw Caron clearly for the first time. She was older looking than she sounded. Her hair was graying, but her face so kind, so gentle. "Where am I? Please. Where’s Max or Tiny?" She held Caron’s hand and cried.

"Hey," Ephiny moved in to view and sat next to her. "I’m Ephiny, the Regent Queen here. You’re in an Amazon village. But, I don’t think you’re from here, are you?"

"Amazon’s village? In Vietnam? I’ve never heard of an Amazon village, here. I didn’t think Amazons were real, no offense," she said as she tried to sit up.

"No, you don’t, lie back down." Caron pushed her down, "Vietnam? What’s that? This is Greece. I think you hit your head harder that I thought."

"Greece? No, I was.......not here.............oh god." Closing her eyes, she tried to hold back her tears.

"You’ll be fine. Trust us. No harm will come to you." Ephiny patted her on her leg, stood up, and then motioned for Caron to follow her. The healer obeyed. "What do you think? I’m going to find Solari, she was in charge when they found her. Maybe she could help clear things up." Ephiny turned to leave, but hesitated, turning back to Terri. "Terri, you’ll be fine, I promise." She said and then turned and left.

Terri looked back at the ceiling, holding back the urge to cry. ‘Max, where are you?’ closing her eyes.

"Terri, try to rest if you can. I’m going to get some food. Are you hungry?" Caron asked. Terri nodded her head. "I promise I’ll be right back."

---------------

Bam!!

Max’s fist hit the desk in the General’s office. "What do you mean, what mission? The one you and the other General .......what was his name? You know, you handed me the paper work? And no, I can’t find the paper work either." Shaking his head, he tried to figure out what was going on.

General West sat back in his chair. "Colonel, you are telling me that you took The 58th, to Vietnam on some mission and you lost one of your personnel?" Shaking his head he continued, "And that the one you lost was your wife? How in the hell do you lose a person?"

"Look, one second she was there, then a bright light, and she was gone. Also, the camp, the men, the man that Tiny had was gone. We looked for two hours before the helicopter told us we had to go. I didn’t want to go. And now you tell me there was no mission. No General...huh, oh crap what was his name? " Max was at wit’s end.

"Max, we’ve been friends for a long time. I want reports from all your men. Right away. Understood!" General West stood up, walked to the door and opened it. "She’s somewhere, and we will find her." The General patted Max’s shoulder as he left.

---------------

 

"Max!" Terri yelled, waking with a shock. Looking around she recognized she was still in that strange hut. ‘Still here, wherever here is. Max what’s happened. Where are you?’

"Terri, are you okay?" Caron walked over to her. Terri nodded her head, yes. "Do you want to try to sit up?" Again she nodded yes. "Okay take it slow, very slow." She handed her a small bowl with some fruit in it.

It was then that Solari and Ephiny walked into the hut. "Someone is looking better," Ephiny said sitting on the edge of Terri’s bed. "Terri, this is Solari. She’s the leader of the group that found you."

Terri was in the middle of a bite of food, so she smiled at Solari and bowed her head in thanks.

Swallowing she spoke up. "Thanks, sorry I’m starving."

"No problem, I have something that I’m pretty sure belongs to you," Solari said as she handed Terri a leather bag. She opened the bag to find her 45'. "I’m not sure what it is, but it is a weapon, right?"

"Yes," Terri said with a mouth full of food, "Please excuse me, I’m usually not this rude." Ephiny, Solari and Caron smiled. "It’s a gun."

"A gun? Do you hit people with it? It’s way too small to really hurt someone," Solari noted.

"It kills. Up close or from a distance. You know. It shoots bullets. In to.... people, ... or animals,"

Looking down at her gun. "Did I have a pack on my back? There was something in my ear, did you take it out? Where are my clothes?" Terri looked up at Caron for her answers.

"Yes, I’ll get for you. Your clothes are pretty ripped up. I can get our seamstress to make you some more, but they won’t be like the ones you had," turning Caron grabbed the pack and Terri’s clothes, handing them it her.

"If you could call the American Consulate, I’m sure they will send a car for me and I’ll get out of your hair." Terri suggested.

"Terri, I’m not sure what you are asking for. American what? What’s American, and a car?" Ephiny questioned. "You’re really not from here, are you? No one other than us three," she pointed to Solari and Caron and herself, "will know of this. No reason to let more know." Looking back at Terri, she continued. "I don’t think you’re going anywhere soon. We need to understand a little more about you. Tell us the last thing you remember before you came here."

Terri frowned and sat back. Lifting her head a little, she took a deep breath, which hurt. ‘Where to start, Max, where are you?’ She looked at the three women. "Okay, ready or not, I’ll start with the year. It’s 2013. I’m a Captain in the US army, special forces. But very few people know that we exist. We know that if we get caught in a foreign country, our own government will deny our existence. You see, I’m an assassin." Solari jumped up and pushed Ephiny behind her. She grabbed Terri’s hands and pushed her down into the bed. "Hey, stop. I.....arrrggghhhh."

"Stop, Solari let her go," Caron yelled pushing Solari. "You are hurting her."

Ephiny jumped in as well, "Stand down Solari, NOW. There’s no danger. If there were, she’d have used that gun thing."

Solari slowly back up, "Ephiny, she’s an assassin. How do we know she’s not here to kill you or our Queen? I’ll keep my eyes on you!" She said, pointing down at Terri.

Terri sat back up, in pain due to Solari’s attack. Terri glared at Solari. "Do you have a problem? Why would I tell you that I’m an assassin if I was sent to kill anyone? I’m not stupid. I know my skills, and trust me I have many skills." The comment made the women laugh, which pissed Terri off even more. "You find something funny?"

Looking at each other, Ephiny finally spoke up. "Calm down, my new friend. We are not laughing at you. That many skills comment sounds like a dear friend of ours. We don’t mean to offend you Terri." Sitting back down Ephiny looked over to Solari, who had not calmed down. "Go on, I promise that Solari will not attack you again, right Solari!!"

"Yea, right." Solari said standing close to Ephiny.

"Like I said, I’m an assassin. My husband is the leader of our little group. We received orders to find a man in the jungles of Vietnam. The man had kidnaped an American Senator that was visiting the country." Rubbing her arms, ‘Solari is strong’, she thought before going on.

"The man I was after was a very bad guy. He’s raped and killed many people. My government and the Vietnam government wanted him dead. The 58th was the best group to send in. We landed and went to work. Tiny, my friend, and I are a team. He grabs and I kill. We had the bastard in our hands when a bright light came and then there was a pain in my head. Then, well I woke up here." She looked at the women standing around her. "I don’t know why I’m here, but I’m not very happy about it."

"Year 2013? We are a long ways from that. Terri you’re welcome to stay here until we figure out what’s going on. You’re a warrior, if you want you can train and help train our warriors. It’s up to you," Ephiny stood up and grabbed her hand. "I’m not kidding." She turned and looked Solari right in the eyes, "Solari will be your guide. Right, Solari. I’ll be back later. I’ll bring dinner. I want to talk to you more, but I have to go. There is some work that needs my attention. A regent Queen’s work is never done."

When she turned and left, Solari was on her heels. "An assassin!! You’re letting an assassin...........having dinner with her. Not caring that she has many skills," she stopped in mid stream. "We need Xena and Gabrielle, maybe. Xena could help. Do you want me to send a couple runners?"

Ephiny stopped and turned around, "If it will make you feel better, go ahead. But, my friend, this is not an emergency. Only ask them to come. Understand? Nothing else," grabbing Solari’s arm and looking her in the eyes she repeated herself. "Do you understand?"

"I understand completely, Regent Queen." Bowing she turned around to go back in the healer’s hut. She walked in the door, sat in the chair next to the door and stared at Terri. She was pissed. Her arms were folded across her chest.

"Hate me," Terri glared back at Solari, "don’t you? I’m not here to hurt anyone. If so, I could take you, trust me."

Solari stood and pushed the chair back. She walked over to Terri, with her fist ready. Terri started to stand up. ‘Oh shit,’ she thought, ‘what did I start?’ The moment she was up her head started to spin and spots appeared before her eyes. Solari saw Terri eyes roll back in her head and then she fell back. Solari almost missed her. She went down like a brick.

Caron walked in at that moment. "What in Tartarus are you doing?" She grabbed Terri’s arm. "Ephiny has been gone for less than a candle mark and you’re in here causing trouble. Get out of here. Now! Do you understand me." Putting Terri in her bed she walk toward Solari. "The next time you need to beat someone up, take it out to the field, not here. Trust me, Ephiny will hear about this."

"I’m sorry Caron," Solari looked down at her feet. She turned and walked out the doors, heading toward the training fields. Picking up a staff, she called to a group of trainees. She instructed the girls to get their staff. "Attack," she screamed.

---------------

 

Xena was riding Argo. Gabrielle was walking beside telling one of her many stories. They had just gotten rid of Joxier. "So he kissed his true love and..." she looked up at Xena, who once again wasn’t listening to her. "Hey, anyone home?"

"Oh, sorry. I was listening for a little while, what I heard was nice." Xena said and smiled her crooked smile. "So do you think you would like to see Ephiny? I think we could use a rest, for a couple of weeks."

"I would love to see Ephiny and everyone else. I guess I’ll forgive you for not listening to me. This time!" Gabrielle started to walk a little faster.

"Do you want to ride? We’ll get there sooner?" Xena reached her hand down to Gabrielle who took it. With ease Xena pulled the other woman aboard Argo. "It should take no longer than a week or so. But a bed would be nicer than the ground, little one." Gabrielle wrapped her arms around Xena waist. She started to play with Xena’s thigh. "Nice, but if we start that, it will take a day longer."

They rode until Xena knew Argo and Gabrielle were getting tried. "I think we should stop for the night. This place looks nice." She helped Gabrielle off Argo, then dismounted herself.

The two women did as they always did. Xena tended Argo, then found a rabbit for dinner. Gabrielle set up the camp by starting the fire and laid out the bed rolls. By the time Xena returned to the camp Gabrielle had tea ready for her.

"Nice, thanks." Xena grabbed the cup. She sat down, pulled her sword out and began to sharpen it as she did almost every night. She watched Gabrielle out corner of her eye. ‘How I love to watch her’ she thought. It had been a short time since they had shown their love for each other. When she thought Gabrielle noticed that she was watching she would put her head down.

Gabrielle enjoyed these games that they played. Her heart was overjoyed. She walked over to Xena put her hand on her shoulder and bent down and kissed Xena’s head.

"What’s that for, little one?" Xena asked.

Gabrielle smiled and walked away. "Just for being you, love." She went back to the dinner. In no time the dinner was done. She made up two plates and walked over to Xena, handing her one of the plates.

"Smells great, better than what I could make. You know, you would think since my mother owns a tavern that I would have learned to cook better than I do." Poking at her rabbit, Xena looked at Gabrielle with a smile. Gabrielle just sat there, smiling back.

It was getting late and Gabrielle was finishing one of her scrolls when Xena walked up to her. Kneeling down and touching Gabrielle’s face, Xena spoke softly. "Ready for bed, little one?" She kissed her and they stood up. Suddenly Xena pulled away and Gabrielle tried to pull her back. "Wait" she whispered, putting her finger on her lips. Having heard something, she turned and ran to where she’d left her sword and chakram. "Your staff, little one, now." Closing her eyes and turning her head, she found where the sound was coming from. "Behind me, now, Gabrielle!" She ordered. She held her sword in front ready for anything. "Show yourself, I know you’re there." Every muscle in her body was tense. Gabrielle had her hand on Xena’s waist. Slowly a small figure walked into the fire light. Xena relaxed a little.

"Please, Xena, it’s me. Flora." The girl was looked at the ground, trying to avoid Xena’s eyes out of fear of what might happen. "Please don’t hurt me, I’m here in the Regent’s name." She saw Gabrielle and bowed "My Queen, I have a message for you."

Gabrielle walked around Xena as the warrior slowly put her sword down. "Flora, please stand up. I hate that. Is everything okay?"

"Yes, my Queen. Ephiny just would like you and Xena to come for a visit." Flora stood up, still not looking at Xena. "Aaahhh, I’m.....sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt. I...I...I tried to be quiet."

Xena walked over and put her hand on Flora’s shoulder, which made the little Amazon jump. "You almost ended up dead. Next time you try to find us, make a little more noise, okay." Walking around her, Xena gestured to a spot by the fire. "Please sit. We were about to go to bed." Xena looked over at Gabrielle. "Sit. That’s an order." Flora sat as if she was push down, which caused Xena to laugh to herself.

"Ephiny wants us at the village, why? Is there a problem? Anyone hurt?" Gabrielle questioned.

"My Queen," she spoke, bowing again. "I’m not sure. Solari sent four of us to find you. She said that it wasn’t an emergency, but I was to ask you to come."

"You stay here tonight, then you will go back and tell Ephiny we are on our way. It should take us no longer than three days." Xena instructed. She laid one of their bed rolls out for Flora.

"Yes, Xena." Flora walked to the bed roll, closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Gabrielle was already in the bedroll when Xena turned around. She walked over to her and laid down next to her. She wrapped her arms around Gabrielle’s waist, pulling her close to her and then kissed her neck. "That’s all for tonight, love. Just feeling you next to me is enough."

Gabrielle’s body was on fire the minute Xena touched her, but understood the warrior. Not too many people knew they are lovers. Yet. "Goodnight, my warrior."

"Goodnight, my Queen," she replied with one more kiss to the neck. Then silences.

 

---------------

 

A week went by before Solari returned to the healer’s hut. She walked in to find that Terri was not in her bed. She quickly surveyed the area. Terri slowly walked out of the door to Solari’s right, which made the Amazon jump. Terri smiled. "Long time no see." She was adjusting the clothes that Caron had brought for her, black leather pants, vest, a bra like cover. "Caron, these fit great. And the right color, black." She walked to the bed and sat down. She started to pull her new boots on. ‘Prefect,’ she thought.

"I.....I wanted to make sure you were healing okay," Solari finally said. Terri stood up. She was a little taller than Solari was.

Terri’s dark hair was freshly washed and it was down around her shoulders. The new clothes fit her as if the seamstress had measured the woman herself. She felt better today than she had in days. Finally she looked Solari in the eyes. "Eh, look, Solari. I think we started off a little wrong. I’m very sorry. I gave you the wrong idea about me. I get cocky, very cocky. Can we start over? I really don’t want to have enemies here." Reaching out her hand, she asked once more. "Please. I would like to be your friend."

Slowly Solari reached and caught her hand. "Friends.....yes, friends. I tend to get cocky myself."

Caron walked by catching sight of the handshake. "It’s about time. Solari take her around the village. She is driving me crazy!" Walking to a young girl that needed stitches, she continued to talk. "She heals very fast. The only one I’ve seen that healed like that is Xena."

Terri put her holster on her hip, and placed her 45' in it. She turned to Solari. "Let’s go." They stepped out the hut. The sun was so bright, causing Terri to shade her eyes. "Man, do I need some sunglasses, haha."

Solari looked at her. "What’s sun...glasses? You talk about the strangest things."

Gazing around, Terri saw nothing but women. Women in leather and feathers, walking around with weapons. ‘Yea, I have strange things.’ Solari showed her around, and introduced her to various women they encountered. Ephiny had told them to say she was from another Amazon village. They walked around the corner and Terri spotted the training fields. "Oh, my. What do we have here?" There where at least 100 women training there. Using many different weapons. They walked onto the field and at once everyone stopped and faced Solari.

"Continue on," she instructed. They continued to walk on until they were standing by a hut.

"You’re in charge, aren’t you?" Terri questioned.

"Yes, I’m the head trainer. And one of the Queen’s head guards." Turning to the hut she continued her assignment as tour guide. "This is where all our weapons are held." She opened the door.

So many weapons. "May I?" Terri asked as she reached for a staff. "I know most of these, but the staff, I love." Solari bowed her head. Terri grabbed one her size. ‘Pretty light, looks heavier than it is.’ She stepped away from Solari and started to spin the staff. She was so stiff. But soon her muscles began to get worked out.

Solari was impressed by her new found friend. Grabbing her own staff she tried to copy Terri. Soon, the other warriors stop their practice and watch the two women. They were in synch. One would do a spin then the other would copy and add onto what she had seen.

 

Ephiny had just been to the healer’s hut when some Amazons ran by her. She was glad to hear that Terri had recovered so quickly. Caron again commented about how the only person that has healed quicker had been Xena.

One of the runners that they sent to find Xena and Gabrielle ran up to Ephiny. "I have news for you my Regent," she said as she bowed. "I was able to find them and Xena has sent me ahead to say they will be here in three days, ."

"Wonderful, now go get cleaned up and get something to eat and then, get some rest." Ephiny ordered. "And Flora good job." The young girl’s bowed, she smiled and then ran off.

Ephiny decided to follow the other women that had ran past her. She found herself at the training fields. She was surprised at what she saw. Solari and Terri sparing with staffs. Ephiny was about to yell at them, when they both stopped and started to laugh.

Terri dropped down to her knees, smiling up at Solari. "Damn, you’re good, and I probably should have waited a few more days before I challenged you." She told the Amazon while trying to catch her breath.

Solari was trying to catch her breath as well. "What do you mean waited? You almost kicked my butt."Reaching her hand to Terri she helped the woman up.

"Looks like you two made up," Ephiny said from behind them.

The two jumped as if they were little kids caught stealing cookies. "Sorry Eph. I was showing Terri around. We walked by here and I found out that she’s most defiantly a warrior," Solari said still breathing hard.

Ephiny looked around to all her Amazons. "The Queen will be here in three days, lets make all the necessary arrangements."

All at once the Amazon began to move. ‘Well trained’ Terri thought. She turned and put the staff up. "Solari, I smell something wonderful. Lets go eat, please."

"May I join in?" Ephiny asked.

The two women motioned for her to join them. Solari led them to the dinning area where lunch was being served. "Here’s the best thing about being with the Regent." Solari smirked. "You get to eat first."

Ephiny slapped her arm. "Not to mention I’m a great friend."

They sat down and started to eat. Terri had the strangest feeling someone was staring at her. She turned around to see a man standing in the middle of the dinning room. Slowly the room began to

quiet down. Looking around she noticed that she and the man were the only ones moving. Shaking her head she questioned the man. "Who are you? You look familiar." She stood up to face him.

"Me? Oh me." Looking around he laughed. The man then smiled. "I’m Ares God of War. I brought you here. Boy, you’re getting along with these whores very well. Almost too well." He walked up to her, grabbed her and pulled her to him. "You don’t know how much you are like the person I brought you here to kill, do you? Assassin!!!!" Letting her go he continued. "I’ll tell you more later, my assassin." At that, he disappeared.

Terri stood there feeling dizzy. Her knees felt weak and she began to fall, her head hitting the bench that she had been sitting on..

"Terri........Terri," Solari jumped up and then knelt next to Terri. "Someone get Caron, now!!! She looked up t Ephiny. "Ephiny what just happened? She was just sitting next to me, then she’s was behind us." Ephiny handed her a napkin to wipe the blood off the unconscious woman’s head.

"NO!..........NO!.........Stop!...........Please Max!" Terri came around fighting. "Noooooooo!!!!"

Tears were flowing down her cheeks.

"Come on now, settle down." Solari held her in her arms. "I’m here, I’ll....oh, we’ll take care of you. Calm down. Terri look at me. Do it now!" She commanded. Terri grabbed Solari’s arms and held on tight.

"Oh God, what’s happening to me? Oh God, stop please! Solari, help me, please!" Terri was beside herself. She couldn’t focus and she didn’t want to. ‘God of War?’ Who in the hell was that?’ She closed her eyes and whispered to Solari, "get me out of here, please." Tear began flowing from her eyes.

Solari motioned for a couple of Amazons to help her. "You’re fine, look at me Terri. I’m here. I won’t leave you alone." Solari whispered back.

"What did you do Solari?" Caron came up in Solari’s face.

"Caron, it wasn’t her. I’m not sure what just happened." Ephiny backed Caron down.

"I’m taking her to my hut," Solari ordered. She picked Terri up and started off.

"Put me down, Solari. Please let me walk, just help me." Terri asked.

"Solari, she should be with me in the healer’s hut. Bring her back. Now." Caron ordered.

Solari didn’t stop. Ephiny ran up to her. "You’re making a scene, stop. Don’t make me order you, Solari."

She stopped. "I can protect her, no offense Caron, you’re not a warrior. I am. Let me do my job. She has a small cut, I’ll clean it up. It doesn’t need to be stitched up. Just let us go. Ephiny, please. Trust me."

Ephiny and Caron looked at each other and Ephiny spoke up. "I’ll let you, now. But if she gets worse you take her to Caron. Okay? Do you understand?! You can go."

 

Solari helped Terri get settled on her bed, then went to talk to one of the other Amazons that helped her. "I need another bed, get it, now." She turned around to Terri. "Are you feeling better? You look better."

"What’s right, what’s better. Solari, who is Ares?" Grabbing her head, she began to rock.

"Ares. You don’t know who he is?" Solari was shocked. "He’s the God of War."

"God of war, oh ancient Greece. In my time we have one God, the one true power." Terri explained "Your gods are myths. This can’t be happening."

She walked to the door and called a guard to her. "Get Ephiny here right away!"

Within minutes Ephiny was in Solari hut. "What’s up? Why did you call for me? Is Terri worse?"

"Its Ares, she asked about Ares?" Solari pointed to Terri. "She didn’t know who he was. Xena’s not going to like this. Why would Ares bring her here? I don’t like this. Not at all."

"Terri, what did Ares say?" Ephiny asked walking to Solari’s bed and sitting down. "It’s okay, please tell us."

By that time Terri had quit rocking. She shook her head, trying to clear out all she had seen. "You’re not going to like this, Solari." Her dark brown eye looked up into Solari’s. "He does not like you Amazons much does he. He called you ‘whores’. He said I look a lot like the person he sent me here to kill." She jumped back raising her hands in fear that Solari would attack. "He called me ‘his assassin’. I’m no ones assassin." She spoke staring at both Ephiny and Solari. "Who do I look like? If you are afraid of me, I want you to lock me up. I want you to trust me. But why would you?" Putting her head in her hand, she started to cry. "I can’t do this. I don’t know if this is a dream or what. I just want to go home. Please let me go home."

Solari reached out her hand and grabbed Terri. She hugged her tight. "I don’t think we need to lock you up. And my friend this is no dream. You will stay right here with me." She looked to Ephiny, who was shaking her head. "As for who you look like we’ll talk about that later. I want to make sure myself. Ephiny, outside, please." She let Terri go and kissed her head. "We’ll be right back, I promise."

Terri nodded and pulled her knees up to her chest and started rocking. She couldn’t believe how she was acting. But she was so scared. The first time in a long time she’d been scared.

The two women walked out the door before Solari turned to Ephiny, "Eph, to you, who? Who does she look like?"

"Xena! Ares is playing his little games again." Rubbing her hand, she continued. "I’ll send Flora out again, but this time with a scroll warning Xena." Turning around she looked at one of her guards. "Get Flora, please. Make it quick."

---------------

 

Xena had not said to much since Flora had meet them. Questions about why Ephiny didn’t tell them the reason she wanted them to go to the Amazon village went through her mind. Gabrielle figured she had a celebration planned and wanted them to join them. ‘No, not a celebration, I’m sure of that.’ The warrior thought, but she didn’t tell Gabrielle. ‘She’d tell me to stop being a warrior all the time.’ So, they traveled on. They had a good day or so before they would be there.

Gabrielle hated the quiet days. She had tried to get Xena to play the ‘who is it’ game, but no go. So, she started some stories, but not one word for Xena. At least the Amazons will talk. Walking next to Argo, she patted the horse "So, Argo, how’s your day?" The horse snorted. "Yea, so’s mine."

"Not funny, you two." Xena said, thumping Gabrielle on the back of the head.

"Ouch, Xena, stop that. Argo and I were talking, and because you haven’t said a word in two days, you have to wait your turn." She quickly ducked Xena’s hand. "Too slow!" She said laughing as she started to run away from Xena’s long arm.

Commanding Argo to a gallop, Xena quickly made it to Gabrielle. Stopping Argo, she flipped off, landing right in front of Gabrielle. "You know better than to mess with me, don’t you. I know, I don’t always talk, you know I haven’t...," she stopped as she saw that Flora and Eponin were riding towards them.

Epnion quickly dismounted her ride. Flora followed grabbing the reins from Epnion’s horse. "Xena, Ephiny has sent me to retrieve you." The Amazon and the warrior shook hands. Eponin then turning toward Gabrielle and bowed. "My Queen, I have a horse for you to ride as well." She motioned for Flora to hand Xena the scroll. "This will answer your questions. I, myself have no idea what’s up.

 

Xena quickly opened the scroll. After she read it she looked at Gabrielle. "Get on you horse, now."

"Xena, I’d rather walk." She replied.

"Gabrielle, please get on the horse now. Don’t ask any questions, just please." Gritting her teeth, Xena got on Argo. "Follow if you can, if not I’ll see you there. Eponin take care of the Queen." Xena set Argo at a full Gallop. No one was going to catch her.

"What?" Gabrielle question as she mounted her horse. The three began the rest of the journey. "I hate horses, she knows that. Eponin, what’s going on?" Gabrielle questioned "What was in that scroll?"

"Flora, try to catch Xena, I’ll stay with the Queen." Flora understood. "My Queen, we’ve had a visitor. She’s a warrior, like none I’ve seen since Xena." Taking a breath she continued. "I know it has something to do with her.

---------------

 

It was early the next morning, Terri never liked sleeping in. She looked over at Solari, who was snoring. Terri laughed. ‘Made me think Max, but she’s worse, much worse,’ she shook her head. ‘Max, I hope you are fine my love. I’m okay, I guess.’ Terri slipped out of the shift that Solari loaned her and put her clothes on and walked out the hut.

The sun was just up over the hills. So beautiful, no smog, no car noise. Paradise. There were two guards by the door. She smiled at them both and walked to the training field. Again, she noticed how stiff she was and she started to stretch. Soon, she started her forms. A few Amazons walked by and stopped just to watch, then they were on the way.

Xena arrived moments later. Argo was breathing hard when they made it to the stables. A stable hand ran out to meet Xena. "Take care of her, she needs to be brushed and watered and feed, please." She handed the rains to the stable hand. She turned to Argo "You did good, thank you." Then turned to go, patting Argo as she left. She headed straight for Ephiny’s hut. Xena walk passed the training field, stopped and watched a lone person as she warmed up. ‘Someone’s getting a early start.’ She walked on, finally reaching Ephiny’s hut, so she knocked on the door.

"Someone has a death wish, go a way." Ephiny shouted, putting her head under her pillow. Once again Xena knocked, Ephiny threw her pillow at the door. "Go away!"

"Ephiny it’s me, Xena. You asked me to come." The voice came from the other side of the door.

‘Xena? Oh Xena!’ She got up out of bed and started to walk to the door, tripping and falling. "Ouch!"

Xena open the door to find Ephiny face down on her floor. She had clothes and a blanket on her. Xena tried not to laugh as she reached down and helped Ephiny to her feet. "Good morning sunshine."

"Funny," she muttered as she looked around to find Gabrielle. "Where’s our Queen?"

"I left her with Eponin and Flora. They should be here by night fall." She said as she helped to clean the mess that Ephiny had made. "What’s going on, Eph? First, you send a runner to ask us to come here. You said it wasn’t an emergency. Then, you send Eponin and Flora, with a scroll that said to come quickly, and that it has something to do with Ares."

Ephiny quickly got dressed. "Please Xena, come with me. There is some one I want you to meet." They walked out of her hut and headed to Solari’s. On the way she told Xena all about the stranger that had come.

Solari was just outside her door. "Xena," she said as she reached out to shake her hand. "How are you?"

"I’ll be better after I meet this Terri." As always, Xena was direct and to the point.

"She’s not here. The guards are standing by the training field so I bet she is there." Solari pointed out. "She was up really early. She even made her bed. My bed never gets made." They started walking to the training field. She pointed Terri out to Xena.

She noticed Terri had four trainees around her. One at a time they attacked her. One by one they fell on their asses. Terri shook her head at them. "No, don’t attack like that. Be strong, hit right here." The trainees stopped and bowed to Solari and the Regent. Terri turned and smiled. "Good morning roomy, Ephiny." She stopped when she saw Xena. ‘Those blue eyes, I’ve seen those before.’

"We need to talk, Terri," Solari said. "You Amazons are excused." The trainees thanked Terri and ran off. "Terri, this is Xena."

"You’re Xena, I’ve heard of you. It seems we have a lot in common." She said as she shook her hand.

"Let’s take this to my hut, I’ll get the cooks to send breakfast." Ephiny ordered. All followed, but no one even talked on the way.

They walked in the hut and Xena started to ask questions.

"What is this at your side, Terri?" Xena said touching the gun. "I have never seen a weapon like that."

"It’s a gun, please be careful. It can be dangerous." She said, removing Xena’s hand. ‘She looks like my grandma, when she was young.’

"Where did you train, before you came here?" Xena asked. "I’ve seen those techniques before, but only in China."

"Well, I’ve trained there, as well as, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia." Taking a seat, and continuing on, Terri coughed. "Excuse me. I was born in Laos. My parents were there. My father was a pilot in the army. My mother was a peace worker. They were killed when I was three. I was raised by a friend of the family Jin Po. He trained me. There was a time in my life that I had to kill or be killed." By the time Terri had gotten to this point in her story the food had arrived. She stood up and walked to a table that the Amazons placed in Ephiny’s to make up a plate.

"So, you became an assassin, then?" Xena asked.

"Oh, no. Jin Po started to get sick. He found an American Red Cross worker to help me get home, to America and the remainder of my family." She stopped to take a bite of her food. "I didn’t speak English at all. But my aunt took me in and I learn to speak English. It was hard. After school the military invited me to join. So, I did. I was asked in to the 58th, I accepted and that’s when I became an assassin. You see I have many skills." Taking another bite, she looked at Xena. ‘Same family features. Raven hair, tall, well build. A warrior’. "Two years had gone by and then this Ares guy brings me here. To kill you, I think, I do look a lot like you. Why, I don’t know. Ares in my time is nothing but a myth. Someone made up." Sitting back down, she looked over at Solari and Ephiny. "Then, they found me, so I’m here. Not my time, Not my choice."

"You were raised a warrior," studied Xena. ‘Why her. Why would Ares bring her here.’ "I’m stumped, for now. Let’s not tell Gabrielle about Ares, understand." Looking around she could see that all understood, but Terri.

"We’ll have a party when Gabrielle gets here." Ephiny added. "This information does not leave this room."

"Solari, take me to the place you found Terri. Please." Xena stood up and walked to the door. "I’m going to rest for awhile in the Queen’s hut. Wake me in five candle marks, please."

---------------

 

Xena was awake when Solari came to the door and knocked lightly. "Come in." Xena called. Solari walked in.

"You about ready to go? I have some horses. I didn’t take Argo. She looks just as tired as you do." Solari informed Xena. "We have a guest." Terri came around Solari.

"Hope you don’t mind, I can’t remember where it is and I’d like to go," Terri asked.

"No, I don’t mind. I want to have you around just in case Ares comes around." She walked out the door and found the horses outside the hut. Xena mounted one followed by the other two.

It had been awhile not one word was said. Xena kept looking back at Terri. Terri was getting tired of having so many babysitters. She moved her horse next to Xena. "Hey, so you don’t break your neck. Don’t trust me, do you?"

"I don’t know you well enough not to trust you. I was looking at you, because you ride well." Xena commented. "Don’t be so defensive all the time. You seem nice, Solari likes you and she doesn’t like anyone."

"Xena, you talk too much," Solari shouted out. "This is the spot."

They dismounted and walked around. Next to the tree was a burned spot. "Looks like you landed here. But you got up." Looking at Terri then back at the mark. "Your weren’t burned, were you?" Xena asked.

Kneeling down then looking up at Xena. "No burns. I know I turned over, that’s when I realized I was in a different place. I sat next to the tree here." She began to feel strange again and her eyes began to blur.

Ares’ voice came clear in her head. "That’s it, make her your friend. Get to know her. Then shoot her. Use your gun. Then you can go home." She looked around, blinking. Her hand started to shake and then began to move towards her gun. "Use your gun and go home." She tried to stop her hand but it pulled loose form her grip. "Use your gun, and go home."

Terri jumped up, stumping forward and yelled "Stop! Now!!!" She had the gun in her hand, looking down at it. Her hand raised the gun to point at Xena. "Please, get down, Xena!! Now!!" Fighting her hand as it tried to raise higher she yelled at what only she could hear. "Get out of my head. Aaarrrgghh, STOP!!!!."

BAM!! BAM!!!

The gun fired and Xena and Solari dropped, they looked up to see Terri stumble again. The gun dropped out of her hands and she dropped to her knees "Oh god, oh god, please help me, Please." Her eyes roll back in her head and she fell back unconscious.

Xena stood up. "Ares!" she yelled. "Where in Tartarus are you?" Nothing, no Ares. Just a girl, passed out. She ran over to her. "Solari, are you okay." She looked at the Amazon to make sure. "Lets get out of here." Xena picked up Terri as Solari grabbed the gun and then helped them on the horse. ‘This makes no sense, Ares you bastard.’

Solari watch Xena as she held Terri. "She’ll wake up fighting, Xena. Hold her tight. She’s stronger than she looks."

Xena nodded. ‘She likes you. My friend’ she thought, looking down at Terri’s face. Solari was surprised to see how tender Xena could be. ‘You do look like me, with out my blue eye. But you are me.’

---------------

Terri dreamt this time, the first time since she’d arrived. Max was holding her. "Your safe now lover." He bent down and kissed her. Then pulled away and it was Ares. "You kill her with your gun, you can have him back. My Assassin!!!"

"Max, don’t leave me" Terri screamed. She woke up completely wet with sweat from the dream.

"Terri, hey you okay?" Xena asked from across the room. They had made it back to the village. Terri was in Solari’s hut. Xena was holding the gun.

"Is everyone okay? I didn’t hit either of you, did I?" she wiped her face and sat up.. "Be careful with that, please."

"What happened by the tree? Don’t hold anything back." Xena ordered.

"After I looked at you, I heard a voice. It was Ares. He told me to get to know you better, then shoot you and he will take me home. My hand started to shake. I couldn’t control it. It had to be him. I barely missed you. It took all I had to move my own hand." She looked down at her hands.

"And just now you called for someone, Max I think." Wondered Xena.

"I haven’t had any dreams since I’ve been here." She took a deep breath before continuing. "Max is my husband. The dream was about him. He kissed me then it was Ares. And once again he said shoot her and I could have him back." Wrapping her arms around herself and she covered her mouth as tears slid down her face. "I miss him. So, much, it hurts."

Solari came in the hut. Looking at Xena she spoke. "Gabrielle will be here in less than a candle mark." Xena nodded. She then turned to Terri "How are you?"

"Confused." Xena said. "Thanks, for the information on Gabrielle." She stood up and walked over to Terri, "I’m keeping the gun, okay?" Terri said nothing, "I have to go. I’ll be back later I promise." She patted her on the head and left.

 

---------------

Ephiny and Xena were at the village entrance when Gabrielle rode in. She stopped her horse, got off and ran to Xena, hugging her. "Don’t do that again, warrior. Understand." She noticed everyone else had bowed. She bowed and smiled "Ephiny I hate that." She looked at Xena to make sure she wasn’t hurt. "What’s this Warrior?" She asked as she pointed at the gun.

"It’s a weapon from a friend, I’m holding it for her." Xena half lying and half telling the truth. ‘Holding it so she won’t kill me with it’.

Gabrielle looked around them. "Who’s this friend, I don’t see anyone new?" She asked acting a little jealous.

"She’s in my hut my Queen," Solari bowed.

"Stop that Solari. She’s your friend?" She knew she was asking more than she probably should.

"Yes and no, she’s married to someone. To a man." Solari looked down at her feet, wishing it could be her.

Xena spoke up, "You smell like a horse, little one. I’ll have a bath drawn for you." She finished, walking her towards the Queen hut. Inside the door, Xena grabbed her Queen and kissed her so hard. "I’ve missed you. I want you. Now." She looked deep into Gabrielle’s green eyes.

"I’m all yours, Xena. Take me, please." Gabrielle led Xena to her bed. "Take me now. And yes, that’s an order, Warrior."

---------------

Ephiny grabbed Solari’s arm. "You’re not making advances on Terri, are you?"

Pulling away, Solari answered "No, but I would love to. She so much like someone I want to get to know." Solari notice that one of the guards that had been in front of her hut was gone. "Ephiny, I’ll talk to you later, promise." She walked up to the guard and asked "where’s Vina? I wanted two guards."

"So.so.so.Solari, Terri asked me to stay to inform you that she was in the baths. After the message I’m to follow." The guard stammered.

Solari and the guard turned and walked to the baths. Vina was there at her post. She bowed her head as Solari walked by. It didn’t take long to find Terri. Just as Solari walked around the corner Terri walked out of the bath. Solari could not help but to look. Terri’s well toned and tan body. Solari grabbed a towel and went to wrap it around Terri.

"It’s okay, Solari. I’m a big girl, I can dry myself." Terri laughed. "I’ve done it for a long time."

Solari leaned against a wall, trying not to stare. "Just trying to help." Stupid Solari, real stupid. "There is going to be a celebration tonight, for our Queen’s return. You might want to dress in a Amazon outfit, to honor her in our ways." Solari looked up and down, trying to look anywhere but at Terri. "It would be a honor to take you."

"Are you asking me out, Solari?" Terri said, noticing Solari’s attempt not to look at her. "I would be honored." She turned her back to Solari. "Do you know you snore? You snore worse than my husband, Max."

‘Shot in the heart’, Solari thought. "I don’t snore." She said, laughing at herself. "Max, you love him a lot?"

Terri had a towel around her body as she turned toward Solari, "Yes, I miss him. His touch, his smell." Wiping a tear off her face, she continued. "I hope he’s not going through hell right now. He probably is still looking for me." She stopped, taking a deep breath. "My code name is Phoenix, I always seem to make it out of what ever I’ve gotten myself into. But this time I’m worried." Leaning next to Solari, she tried not to cry, but it didn’t work. "Solari, I’m not like this. I’m strong woman. God, I have cried more in the last weeks than I have in my whole life." She brought her hand to her face and let her body slid down the wall.

 

Solari knelt next to her, moving Terri’s hands. "Hey, you don’t get down on yourself." Placing her hand on Terri’s chin she lifted it to meet her eyes. "Even the strongest warrior has a limit. You’re only human. Being a woman has nothing to do with it. Cry, go ahead and let it out. Holding it back can be bad." Crying herself, she wiped at the tears on her own face. "You are so beautiful." She pulled Terri to her and kissing her. Realizing what she had done, she pulled away and stood up. Terri wasn’t sure what had happen. Solari started to pace back and forth. "Sorry Terri, I didn’t mean. Oh, I’m sorry." Kneeling back down next to Terri. "I.....I’m so sorry."

Someone cleared her throat behind them. "Solari, out of here now." Ephiny ordered.

Solari did as she was told. She was almost out the door when Ephiny called to her again. "And Solari," She turned around. "Go to my hut, not yours." Solari bowed her head and left.

Kneeling down to Terri, Ephiny asked, "Hey, kid you okay?"

As Ephiny pulled her to her feet, she answered. "Yea, I’m fine. Your Amazons sure know how to show a girl a good time." Ephiny wiped her face. "You going to kiss me too."

"No your not my type," the regent joked, but couldn’t get a laugh out of the other woman. "I knew she was getting too close. It’s been along time since Solari’s mate died. You’ve brought feelings out that she’s hidden. Don’t be mad at her."

Terri turned and dressed. "I guess I should be honored she picked me." She turned back to Ephiny. "Eph, I have so many things going on in my brain it hurts. I’m flattered that she’s attracted to me, but Max..."

"You don’t need to explain to me. She was wrong for kissing you, and she knows it." Ephiny was mad at herself as well as Solari. "Look there is a Celebration tonight. Please come and sit at my table, okay?" Terri bowed her head in acceptance and smiled. "I’ll see you later then."Ephiny turned and left.

Alone Terri once again leaned against the wall. No one was around. She slid down the wall, grabbed her knees, and burying her head she began to cry again..

 

 

---------------

 

Walking into her hut, Ephiny laid into Solari. "I told you not to get too close. What in the world were you thinking?" Pushing the other Amazon, she continued to yell. "Gods, Solari, don’t do this to her. I’m moving her in with me. She is so confused right now. Aries, Xena, Us. She’s not suppose to be here. Mind you she is as beautiful as Xena. But that does not give us the rights to her." She shook her head, "Solari, I’m ordering you in the name of the Regent Queen. Obey me. Leave her alone. If not you’ll get punished. I don’t like to do that, but my friend you have forced me. Now, go. You have duties to do. Stay away from Terri. Understand."

"My Regent Queen, may I speak." A voice came from behind Ephiny making both of the Amazons jump. Terri had been looking for Solari and was told where to find them.

"By all means," Ephiny said.

"Don’t do this over me, you two are friends," Ephiny started to say something but Terri stopped her. "No, let me finish. I started to think after you left. I didn’t push Solari away. Maybe I needed that. I’ve been crying for the last ten minutes." She walked to Solari, "I’m honored but I can’t. Max is my love. The one and only." She hugged her, then pulling away she said, "Understand. I hope you do, and please, Eph don’t move me." She moved to face Ephiny. "Her snoring is comforting to me." Walking to the door of the hut, she finished. "I think we have a party to get ready for, right." And then she was gone.

Both of the Amazons had their mouths were wide open. "Not as confused as we thought." Ephiny said.

 

 

---------------

 

Gabrielle was in Xena’s arms. Not asleep, just enjoying their time alone. It seemed that every time they tried to be alone, someone interrupted them. Many candle marks had passed before a soft knock came from the door. Thinking that Gabrielle was asleep, Xena softly called out. "Who is it?" In a very low, husky voice. Ephiny stuck her head in the door. Gabrielle looked up and smiled.

"Sorry, you two have about a candle mark or so before the celebration starts. Without you, we have no celebration." Xena motion for her to come in. "Finally, you two have faced the fact that you love each other. It’s nice."

"Yes it is," Xena remarked getting up, causing Ephiny to turn away.

"I’ve had your Amazon outfits cleaned." Ephiny held them out. Xena took them from her. "I’ll see you there," she bowed to Gabrielle and then turned to leave.

Xena looked at Gabrielle. "You want me to wear one, right?"

"Please, for me?" Gabrielle smiled.

"Only for you, my Queen. My Amazon Queen." The warrior said, kissing her Queen.

Gabrielle was being lazy. ‘Hey I’m the queen I can do this.’

Xena was already dressed "I’m going to check Argo, I’ll meet you outside. Get dressed, little one. It’s your party."

---------------

 

Gabrielle walked out of the hut, she looked around to see her dark haired Warrior Princess looking out at the sunset. ‘Nice to see she’s finally stopping and smelling the flowers’.

Walking slowly up, she admired her strong warrior in the Amazon outfit. She came up right behind her and grabbed her by the waist, softly kissed her shoulder. "Nice sunset"she commented.

"Solari, damn it, I told you before, don’t!" Terri turned around and pushed Gabrielle to the ground. "Shit! You’re not Solari! I’m so sorry! Oh, man. Sorry." She bent down and picked Gabrielle up.

Xena walked around the corner to see what had just happen. "You’re lucky, it’s me Terri. The Amazons don’t take kindly to people pushing their Queen around." Laughing, she made introductions. "Gabrielle, this is Terri. Terri, this is the Queen."

Terri bowed "So sorry, your majesty. I really thought you were Solari."

"Please, Terri get up." Gabrielle said, looking at Xena. "She looks.........like you, or you like her. By the gods, another one. Diane, Meg, and now you." She took a closer look. "Your eyes are different though. Xena’s are blue but you’re eyes are so brown." She stood back, trying to take it all in. "Your Solari’s friend, aren’t you."

Terri nodded, ready for Xena to attack for pushing her love. "Yea, the one and only. The view is great. No smog, no noise, it’s so beautiful." She commented, looking back at the sunset. "Once again Queen Gabrielle, and Xena, I’m very sorry. I meant you no harm."

"Please, it’s just Gabrielle," she said looking at Xena. "I’m fine. I just wish someone would have told me that you look like Xena."

"And if I did, you would have asked too many questions that we can’t answer, yet." Xena walked to Gabrielle, took her hand and led her towards the celebration. "Terri, please join us."

Terri followed. All eyes were on the trio. Ephiny stood up and everyone else followed her lead. The trio walked to the head table. Solari handed them a mug of port. Ephiny raised her mugin a toast. "For our Queen and her consort Xena. Amazons, it’s time to celebrate the return of our Queen." Raising their mugs they toasted their Queen. Then all sat and the feast started.

Port poured all night. Xena kept an eye on Terri and Gabrielle. Terri had stopped drinking the port early. Gabrielle was getting drunk. She was a funny drunk. Ephiny and the bard would whisper then giggle. The drums started up and the women started dancing. Terri got up and moved away from the party. Xena was about to follow, when Solari walked, more like stumbled towards Xena.

"Xena, she’s just like you. Soooo beautiful. She doesn’t want me either." Solari stumbled again and went to the dance floor.

Xena just stood there, shaking her head. Then followed Terri. She found her leaning against a tree outside the village. "Too much for you?" She asked, leaning next to her.

 

"No, just not in the mood for a party. How about you?" Terri answered, looking at Xena.

"Not right now." Staring at the moon Xena wondered aloud, "is the moon is this bright in your time?"

"Yea, but people are living up there. Look I didn’t mean to push Gabrielle. You know that right."

Terri wanted to make sure there weren’t going to be anymore fights.

"Hey, I saw everything. She came on to you. I’m fine." Xena put her hand on Terri’s shoulder.

"I’m going to turn in, I’ll see you in the morning. Goodnight Xena." She reached her hand out and shook Xena’s.

"Goodnight, Terri." ‘He’s here, but this time not for Terri.’ "Okay, Ares, show yourself." Xena called, turning slowly.

"She can’t tell when I’m around, not like you can." Ares was proud of himself. "So, Xeeennnaa, do you want to know who she is? Or have you guessed?" He asked as he walked around Xena.

Taking a deep breath and rolling her eyes, Xena played his little game. "She’s part of my family, I know that. But why you want to have her kill me, I haven’t figured out, yet."

"Give the Warrior Princess a price, Terri is your great-great-great-great-great granddaughter. Your own flesh and blood. It’s really neat, all Xena but without those stunning blue eyes." Grabbing Xena’s chin, Ares kissed her. Xena pushed him away. "Your granddaughter likes that. Unlike grandma, who like girls."

"Ares, if she kills me, she’ll kill herself. What the catch? I won’t kill her." She pulled away from him. "You make me sick."

"Oh, Xena it has taken me along time to find another member of your family like you. Everyone else were wimps. No back bone. But Terri, oh I made her like I did you, Xena." Crossing his arms, he was very proud of himself. "Her parents were, your great granddaughter and Gabrielle’s great grandson. The grand daughter had those baby blue eyes. The best of both of you. I had her parents killed. I was Jin Po. She’s killed since she was ten. She’s better than you, Xena."

"What do you mean better than me?" Xena wondered "She’s just a kid. What does she really get by killing me, Ares?"

"How is she better than you? Let me think." Tapping Xena’s thigh, he continued. "She took the gun, you didn’t even know. She could take you in battle. Any weapon you know she knows better." He whispered in Xena’s ear. "You won’t even know she killed you until it’s to late." And then he was gone.

"ARES!!!!!!!!" she screamed, "I don’t know how but it won’t happen."

The scream caused a couple of guards to come running. They looked at Xena. She said nothing, and she walked back to the party. She grabbed a mug of port from Eponin and downed it. "Another," she called out.

---------------

Terri woke up the next morning. No Solari. She looked around and found the gun. ‘Why did I take the gun? I need to give it back to Xena.’ Just then Solari walked in the hut.

"Morrrnnniing" she mumbled. She stumbled to the bed and pulled the covers over her head. "Don’t say a word, head hurt."

Terri laughed, and got dressed. She walked out of the hut. Bodies were all over the place. ‘These Amazons sure know how to party.’ She continued to the training field. Xena was there with Eponin.

"Come on Eponin, hit me," Xena ordered. They were very drunk. Eponin tried to hit Xena but she missed, fell to the ground, and then passed out. Xena turned to see Terri. "You, trouble, come here. Now." She said, waving Terri over to her. "Hit me."

"Xena, now I’m not going to hit you. But I’ll take you to your hut." She went to grab Xena, but Xena pulled away. "Come on Xena, don’t fight me."

"He said you are better than me," she said laughing. "You can’t even grab me when I’m drunk." Xena stumbled, but caught herself. "Why did you take it? Now kill me, you have it, do it!"

Looking down at the gun, then Xena, Terri shook her head. "No, I can’t. Now let’s go." Xena pushed her away. "Xena, don’t make me hurt you."

"Come on kid, better me," Xena punched at Terri but missed.

Terri moved causing Xena to hit the ground. Leaning down, Terri punched Xena, knocking the other woman out cold. There were other people on the field by the time it was all finished. Terri pulled Xena up over her shoulders and carried her to the Queens hut. No one said a word. No one dared.

Terri opened the door to the hut and saw that Gabrielle was passed out on the bed. Terri looked around to find a place to put Xena. In the corner was a tub, it was full of water. "This is going to be cold, but you need it." Terri dumped Xena in the water.

Xena opened her eyes and screamed. Trying to climb out, Terri pushed her back. "Stay in there until you cool off or sober up. Now get back in there." She said, pushing her back in the water. Xena grabbed Terri, throwing her across the room. Shaking it off, Terri ran back and push Xena back into the water. "Don’t fight me!!!"

Gabrielle stirred. She wasn’t quite sure what was happening. "Please, quit. Oh my head."

Xena again grabbed Terri, and threw her across the room. Just at that time Ephiny with five guards ran into the Queen’s hut in time to see Terri pushing Xena back into the water, then Xena throwing her across the room again.

"Stop that now, Terri. " Terri was again thrown by Xena but this time at Ephiny and her guards. "Xena, Stop. Grab Terri, now! Then grab Xena." The guards did as they were asked. But they soon were on the ground in pain.

Terri ran up to Xena, pushing her head under the water. This time Xena grabbed her and pulled her in the water. Pulling her up, she looked Terri straight in the eyes. "It stops now!" She cocked her arm back and punched Terri in the face, causing Terri’s nose to bleed. She backed off. "Don’t try to hit back. You won’t be very happy." Xena scolded.

Terri raised both hands up. "Look I had to sober you up. I didn’t want a fight. I didn’t want you to hurt yourself." She turned to get out of the tub. Xena pulled her back into the water and got out of the tub herself.

"Ephiny leave us, please. I’ll handle this." Xena grabbed some towels and started to dry off. She threw a towel at Terri who had just got out of the tub.

Ephiny turned to her guards. "Leave us now, I’m staying." The guards bowed and left.

"No, you’re leaving." Xena ordered as she took her wet clothes off.

"You broke my nose," Terri spoke up.

"I didn’t break your nose, come here I’ll check it.." Xena motioned to Terri.

"Xena, I’m staying. I want to know why you two are fighting. When you came back to the party and started to drink the way you did." Ephiny was right in Xena’s face. "I had to bring Gabrielle to the hut. She was really drunk but you didn’t seem to care. Then I went back to find you, but you were gone."

"I’m not getting next to you until I know you have cooled off." Terri said.

Gabrielle, had a pillow over her head, yelled at everyone, "I have a hang over, so shut up." She looked up to find her hut in shambles. "What did you three do to my hut?"

"I’m fine, now. Come here and let me check it out." Xena said, waving Terri over. As she got close, Xena grabbed her arm. "Hold still." She used her hand to check the woman’s nose. "It’s not broke, but you’ll have black eyes." She concluded, pushing her away.

"What the hell happened?" Terri stumbled back. "When I left you last night you were real nice. Now you can’t stand me." Shaking her head, she continued. "You want me to kill you now?" She took the gun and unloaded it in front Xena. "Here shoot yourself, if you can." She said, shoving in Xena’s hands.

Gabrielle had about enough of not knowing what was going on. "Hey, stop in now!" She stood up. "Tell me what’s going on Xena. And don’t hold anything back." She looked around. "Well it seems we have nothing to sit on thanks to you three. Sit on the floor."

Xena stood glaring at Terri, "Gabrielle meet our great-great-great and so on granddaughter." She leaning back. "Ares, made her like he did me. But better. She’s a killer, but she doesn’t bend to the bloodlust. The best of both of us."

Terri looked at Xena then Gabrielle. "Your great granddaughter, how?"

"Okay, I’m totally confused," Ephiny blurted out.

"No, think. She can’t kill me, or else she won’t be there or here. I won’t kill her because of who she is." She clapped her hands together. "I got it, Ares." Xena turned to Gabrielle and hugged her. "He’s won this time. He wants me back." She looked at Terri. "I can’t kill you." Lifting Gabrielle’s chin, "Little one, I’ll have to go to him." Tears streamed down her face.

"Kill me, then I’ll go back. You stay here with Gabrielle." Terri said.

Gabrielle spoke up. "No, if she kills you, your dead. And Ares wins. If you kill her, you would have never existed. Ares wins." Her voice faded off. They stood there not sure of what to say, what to think. Tears rolled down their faces.

---------------

 

 

Walking up to Max’s door, Tiny knocked on the surface.

"Go away."

Tiny opened the door to find Max sitting on his bed looking out the window. "Sir we have orders. We are to go to Greece. We have three days." He handed Max the orders. "The replacement is here as well."

Max stood up and threw the orders at Tiny. "Replacement, for who? Oh no, not Terri. She’s not dead. I know it. Don’t ask me how but she’s not." He looked back out the window. "Tell the replacement to unpack his gear. Get everyone here in one hour."

Tiny did not say a word as he back up and shut the door. He knew Max was hurting. It had been over two months since Terri had disappeared. ‘I hope he’s right about you Terri. I hope your okay.’

---------------

When Max walked into the room, all the men stood up. "Sit down, Tiny pass these out." He handed the orders to him. "Read them, then destroy them. You newbie, stick to Tiny. The rest of you, you know what we need. Now get out of here." He turned and walked out of the room.

Everyone turned to Tiny. "Don’t ask." He replied.

---------------

 

The village slowly got started with it’s daily business. No one noticed the blank stare in Ephiny’s or Gabrielle’s faces. Terri had wandered to the practice field, not wanting to fight, just watch. Xena took Argo out for a ride. Solari walked up behind Terri. "Did I miss anything?"The Amazon asked. Terri just walked away. "Hey, Terri." She grabbed Terri and turned her around. "Hey," she wiped the tears off the woman’s face. "Let’s go for a walk, tell me what’s going on. Ok friend." Terri tried to smile, but it didn’t last.

They walked for a good candle mark. Neither one said a word. Terri stopped next to a tree and sat down. Solari followed. "I’m stuck here. I can’t kill her, she can’t kill me. There is no right answer." Terri leaned her head back, breathing in the sweet air. "We’ve lost. I’m lost. She’s lost."

"What do you mean stuck here. I’ve missed something, haven’t I?" asked Solari.

"A lot, my friend, a lot." Touching Solari’s hand, Terri turned to her. "It seems I’m Xena’s and Gabrielle’s great granddaughter. Sent to make Xena turn back to Ares, again. He made me, he killed my parents, he was Jin Po, he was General what’s his name. He was even the man I was sent to kill. I guess it was the anger that I had in me..." She sat there looking up at the sky. "My anger the bloodlust I had was enough to send me here. That’s it!" She shot up off the ground. "That’s it. Solari, you did it." She reached down to Solari and pulled her up in a hug. "Thanks, friend." She turned and ran back to the village.

"Yea, thanks." Solari looked around. "Thanks for what? Hey wait."

Terri ran right into a counsel meeting. "Gabrielle, Ephiny we need to talk, where’s Xena? Oh sorry." Two guards grabbed her arms and started to take Terri out the door.

"Stop," Ephiny called out. "Let her go, she doesn’t know our laws. Bring her back."

The guards let her go, bowed and left the room. Terri bowed as well. "Thank you, Regent. If I can have a moment of your time, as well as the Queen’s. I may have an answer to our problem."

"Go to my hut and wait there, we should be done soon," Gabrielle said.

Terri bowed and left the room. Solari just caught up to her. "You run really fast don’t you." She said, huffing and puffing.

"Come with me, please." Terri pulled her along.

 

---------------

 

Xena rode Argo hard and fast. Then stopped and she notice they were in front of Artemis’ temple. ‘Why did I ride here?’ Xena dismounted. "Stay here girl." She said rubbing her nose. The door of the temple was open. ‘Funny, no one in sight’. She walked up the steps as if she were drawn to them.

"Xena, enter." A voice called out.

Xena drew her sword and walked in. Still no one. Turning slowly in a circle, ready to strike. "Who’s there, show yourself," Xena ordered.

From the doors the voice answered. "No need for the weapon, daughter." The doors slammed shut causing Xena to jump. Artemis was standing before her. "My brother’s been up to no good again, hasn’t he Xena?" Xena’s mouth was open, but no words came out. She put her sword away. Drawn to obey without thought, she knelt on one knee and bowed her head.

"Artemis, I’ve been troubled by Ares." She tried to raise her head, but was unable to control her own actions. "It seems he has brought a family member from the future to sway me from the right and good." She tried again to raise her head and was able to this time. "We need your help, or someone will be killed. Either me or Terri. She’s not just my blood, she is Gabrielle’s as well." She stood there waiting for an answer.

Athena stood to the left of Xena. "She’s part Amazon?" the goddess asked as she forced Xena to once again to bow on one knee.

"Yes, she is a warrior to the core. She is like me, she has many skills, but is kind hearted as Gabrielle." Xena was again free to stand, which she did

A flash of light came from the right. There stood Terri. Another flash from behind, this time Gabrielle. "Oh, that was fun," Terri called out. She too was forced to rest on one knee. Gabrielle kneeled the moment she arrived there.

"Hold your tongue, young one." Athena shouted. "Gabrielle, you please us with your respect."

"Who in the hell are you? Where I’m I now?" Terri demanded to know. Athena pointed her finger at Terri and the next thing she knew she was face down on the floor, unable to get up. "Ooouccchhh" was all she could manage to say.

 

Xena turned to Artemis and Athena. "She doesn’t know you, this is not her world, let her up. Her god is the Nazerren the one true god. To her you are myths, not real. Please have mercy on her."

Athena released her, but only allowed her movement enough to return to kneeling. "Explain how you got here, child." Athena asked.

"I know not how, other than getting hit in the back of the head and a bright light. Same way I got here." Terri explained. "I think it has something to do with me being mad, angry. I was about to shoot a man. I was mad, pissed, angry. I was so angry that I wanted him to see my face." She stopped and looked over at Xena. "Bloodlust. He wanted me to know how it felt to hate, bloodlust." Taking a deep breath, she continued. "The orders we were given were to kill the man who had killed my parents. I was never so happy to get to kill someone. I was about to kill him, then the pain and the flash."

A deep laughter ran out as Ares in all his glory appeared. Artemis appeared next to Ares. "You are in my temple, brother. Watch yourself."

"Or what? You and Athena and your little Amazon going to something." He disappeared then reappeared next to Terri. He picked her up, holding her around the waist. "My little assassin," he said as he kissed her neck. She tried to pull away. "Oh no, your not going anywhere." Grabbing her hand he pulled it to the gun. "Take it, do it. Take your grandmother’s, place at my side."

Terri could not control herself, even though she knew the gun was loaded. "Stop Ares. Please stop." She tried to fight it with all her might. As Ares turned in to Jin Po, Terri pulled the gun out. But she didn’t point it at Xena, she turned the gun on herself. "I’ll do it Jin Po, or Ares. Just stop."

Ares was too deep in her mind, he made Terri see Xena kill her parents. "Kill her now, for them. Assassin. Do it now."

Athena yelled at Ares giving Terri just enough time to free herself from Ares. Once again she pointed the gun at herself, but this time she put it in her mouth. Kneeling down, she took a deep breath, putting her hand to the trigger as tears ran down her face. Pulling the gun out for a moment, she looked at Ares. "You lose Ares." She then looked at Xena. "Goodbye," she said, closing her eyes and returning the gun to her mouth, preparing to pull the trigger.

"Stop! Don’t do this." Gabrielle yelled. "Artemis, Athena do something! Terri, stop! Xena stop her!" She pleaded.

Shaking her head no, Terri’s face was streaked with tears as she tightened her hold on the gun before pulling the trigger.

BAM!!!!!

Her head shot back and her body slumped to the floor.

"TERRI, NO!!!!!!!!!" Xena yelled running over to Terri’s lifeless body. She gathered her up in her arms, rocking the woman.. Blood was everywhere. "No, Terri. Little one no."

Gabrielle ran to her, crying hard, screaming to the goddesses. "Artemis, Athena do something! Please!"

Ares stood by, watching the scene with a frown on his face. "She wasn’t suppose to do that. Oh well," and with that, he was gone.

‘So much blood, no healer could help.’ Tears ran down Xena’s face. Brushing the hair from Terri’s face, she said aloud "Too much blood."

Artemis touched Xena’s shoulder. Athena was on the other side. "Move child. Let me see her."

"No, haven’t you gods done enough," Xena tighten her grip on Terri.

"Xena let her," Gabrielle pleaded, trying to pull her away.

"She’s us, Gabrielle. Look at her. Don’t please." Xena continued rock Terri in her arms.

Artemis pulled Terri to her. Looking to Athena, she spoke. "Sister, we saw and did nothing. Now we do something." Grabbing Athena’s hand and placing it on Terri’s head, she gave the command. "Now, Athena, now."

Gabrielle had Xena in her arms. Where the gods had put their hands a light started to glow a light started to glow. As they watched, the light began to grow. It became too bright for Xena and Gabrielle to look at. They turned their head from the blinding pain the light caused, finally closing their eyes. Which still didn’t erase the bright light. Then, all at once the light was gone. They opened their eyes to see they were no longer in Artemis’ temple. They were back in Gabrielle’s hut, still holding on to each other. Looking at the bed, they saw Terri was lying there. The gods were gone. Gabrielle and Xena both ran to Terri and finding her alive, they looked at each other.

"She has two days before I send her back. Ares will not harm her again. That I promise." Artemis’ voice called to them.

Terri yelled, and awoke to see Xena and Gabrielle smiling over her. "What happened? I was dead." She looked around, realizing where she was. "How did I get here?" Frowning at the two women, she said. "He’ll come back, won’t he."

"No, Terri. I think he has a lot of explaining to do to Zeus." Xena answered. "You are going home soon." Once again, tears ran down her face.

Ephiny and Solari ran into the Queen’s hut with many guards. "What is going on? You were here then you disappeared and now you’re back." Ephiny was the confused one this time. Both Xena and Terri had blood all over the place. "Gods, Xena, Terri are you two hurt?"She turned to a guard. "Get the healer, Now!"

"Eph, no. No one is hurt, now." Answering Ephiny, Xena helped Terri up, wanting to make sure that her granddaughter was okay. "Could you get some water warming for a bath? And maybe some food and clean clothes."

"Yea, sure, if you’ll explain after that." Solari turned and released the guards.

 

 

---------------

The 58th landed in Greece. Max and Tiny were walking down the hall out of the plane. A man in uniform had a 58th sign. The men gathered around the man. "We’re the 58th," Max told him.

The man handed them some envelopes. Then turned and left. "Hey, where are you going." Tiny yelled but he was gone.

Max opened one of the envelops. "Who’s General Art Emis? We need to be in this village in one day." He passed out the rest of the envelops to the men.

Grabbing a cab they went to the hotel. Waiting in their room were their weapons. All the men were pleased by that.

In Max’s room a red rose lay on his bed, a note attached to it. He stopped when he saw it. It was Terri’s favorite flower. He picked it up and open the note. ‘Find me lover, Phoenix’ was all it read. He ran to Tiny’s room and banged on his door. Tiny opened the door and let him in. "She’s here somewhere!" Max yelled.

"I know," Tiny pointed to his rose. "The note read, ‘find me friend, phoenix’."

"She’s alive, I told you." Max hugged Tiny. "I’m getting her back."

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

 

The next morning Xena awoke to find Terri’s bed empty. Gabrielle was still asleep next to her. Leaning down, she kissed her head. Gabrielle mumble something, but Xena couldn’t understand. Getting dressed, she walked outside.

Terri was looking out at the sunrise. Xena came up behind her.

"Good morning," Terri said before Xena could get a chance to open her mouth. "So beautiful. I will miss this."

"Gabrielle has always looked at life that way." Xena put her hand on Terri’s shoulder. "Ares was right about one thing. You’re the best of both of us."

"Ares, I never want to hear that name again."She said, turning to Xena. "I can’t wait to get back to Max’s arms." Terri paused, then continued. "But I’ll miss everyone here."

"How do you feel?" Xena questioned.

"As far as I can tell, no harm was done." She looked at herself. "It all seems like a dream." Terri patted the gun at her hip.

"Okay, I’ll ask this only once. Why did you take your own life?"Xena asked with a frown.

"It was the only thing to do. Killing you would have surely meant both of our deaths. I could not bring myself to do it." Terri wiped a tear from her face. "I didn’t want to be a monster. He would have made one of us one. So, I ended it." She made the motion of putting the gun in her mouth. "Why did Artemis and Athena save me? I didn’t think they liked me the way they treated me."

"Your not their favorite, I’ll tell you that. But Gabrielle is. You are part of her, the Amazon blood runs in her as it does you. That eased the binds. You see if you were just of my blood you wouldn’t be here." Xena stopped, smiled a crocked smile. "I’m not their favorite, either. They tolerate me because of Gabrielle, she being the Queen and all. The fact that we’re lovers helps, too." She started to walk away.

"Where are you going, Xena." Terri followed.

"To see if you are truly better than me." Walking onto the training field, Xena went straight to the weapons hut. "Pick your weapon," she ordered.

Once again Terri picked the staff. "Ready Grandma?"

"Oh, that will cost you, kid." Xena pick up another staff. She swung it around. Spinning it around the struck Terri’s hand. "Keep your guard up, Terri." Xena laughed.

They had been at it for a good candle mark before Gabrielle came up to the training fields. Terri spun her staff, then kicked Xena, knocking her off balance, and causing her to fall to the ground. Terri struck the ground by Xena’s head, just barely miss her. Xena flipped back up striking Terri in the back the leg. Down on her back, Xena continued her strike. Terri blocked every swing, waiting for Xena to get closer, then kicking Xena in the stomach, and flipping her in the air. Xena landed on her feet. Terri stood back up, continuing to strike at Xena

"Gabrielle, they’ve been doing this for along time." Solari said. At once they both stopped, and dropped their weapons, breathing hard.

"He was wrong. We are the same." Terri said wiping the blood and sweat off of her head.

"Both trained the same. You are very tough, though." Xena walked up to Terri and hugged her.

"So, I can’t leave you alone at all, can I." Gabrielle shouted. "Go and see the healer and get cleaned up."

The next day went too fast. Artemis and Athena were waiting for Terri by the end of the day. "Ready my child?" Athena asked holding her hands out to the mortal.

"In one second," Terri turned to her new found family and friends. "Solari, don’t cry." She said, wiping the Amazon’s face. She whispered in Solari ear. "If I didn’t have Max I might have stayed with you." And solidly kissed Solari on the lips. She then turned to Ephiny, "Regent take care of what you have, friend." Ephiny bowed and stepped back. "Xena, Gabrielle. Grandma’s." They all hugged.

"Child, it’s time."Athena ordered.

Terri faced her friends as she moved backwards towards the gods. "I love you," she said and then she was gone in a bright light.

---------------

 

The 58th had just arrived at the village of Ponino. "Max, looks like we’re in for a storm." Frank called out. "Funny looking clouds."

Ponino wasn’t much of a village. It was a ghost town. A couple huts, here and there. "Why are we here?" Paul asked.

The storm rages in, causing the men hide in a hut. Lightning struck all around, amazingly not catching anything on fire. Then a huge flash knocked all them onto their asses so that they wouldn’t be able to see the two gods who appeared with the light. "Take care, daughter of Xena and Gabrielle," was their farewell before they just disappeared.

Terri was left alone. She was lying faced down on the ground ‘That hurts’ she thought. She stood up, stumbling a little. Stretching, she started looking around. She was still in the area of the Amazon village, but there were no signs of the village. No sign of life. ‘Where’s my tree when I need it.’ She thought, laughing. She began to walk up a road not sure which way to go. ‘This way’ she thought.

Tiny pushed Paul off of him. He looked out the window. "Colonel, you’re going to want to see this."

"Get off," Max yelled pushing Frank off of him. He looked out the window. There she was. He took a deep breath. "Terri," he yelled to her, running out of the hut.

She turned the other direction, seeing Max running towards her. She could only stand there thinking, ‘Thank you, god.’ He grabbed her, sweeping her off her feet.

Kissing her then pulling her back, Max looked into her face with concern. "You okay? Where have you been? And what is with the leather?"

"I’m fine, love." She said, kissing him again. "As for where I’ve been. I don’t know where to start. I don’t think you’ll believe me. Take me home, please." She didn’t want to let go of him.

"Hey, little girl, my turn." Tiny grabbed her arm and hugged her. "Where have you been?"

"I’m fine, now." She still had one hand on Max.

"We’ll leave in a couple of days." He looked at his men and ordered. "Get the truck let’s go back to the hotel."

"So, you’re telling me that you’ve been in Greece the whole time. But in ancient Greece." Max asked sitting on the counter in the bathroom watching Terri shower. "Amazons, mythical Gods. Terri that makes no sense."

"I told you that you might not believe me. But lover, where did I get these clothes from?" Terri stepped out of the shower. Max wrapped a towel around her. "Max, love, why didn’t you take a shower with me?"

"Terri, sometimes I have to be the boss. I have to figure out what I’m going to report." Holding her, he thought out loud. "Amazons. Your great grandmother."

"That’s grandmothers. I told you it’s hard to believe." She walked in to the room and sat on the bed. She motioned for Max to come to her. "I don’t want a boss now. I need you. Please." He kissed her hard, but in the back of her mind she saw Solari’s kiss. And started to think of the Amazon as he made love to her.

 

---------------

Xena wiped a tear from her face. She turned to Gabrielle who was already wiping at her own tears. "Well, little one. Never a dull moment."

Solari walk up to Xena, "She left her pack. There is a note for you."

Xena open the note and read it. ‘Xena, I don’t want to say goodbye. Keep my bag in case Ares finds another way to get me back. Tell Solari to be good for me. Terri.’

 

to be continued...........


Return to The Bard's Corner