Open Letter from T. Novan

April 18, 2000

Columbus, Ohio
U.S.A.

An Open Letter

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone over the last few days who have taken time out of their lives to drop me a note and wish me well and luck with my health.

I have received so many emails that it would take me weeks to answer everyone. So my great mate MaryD has agreed to help my out by posting this to her site.

No matter what happens, I am grateful that I have found the Xenaverse and have been privileged to be a part of it and the fandom that it has created. I have never been surrounded by so many warm, loving and talented people in my life. I have been fortunate to have made many good friends.

My health news is not good. I can’t be cured. We are now at point of control and maintain it. But that’s not important, because you see, I’m one of those stubborn types you hear so much about.

One of the things that I credit for this incredible stubborn streak is the strength and courage I have found in Xena.

Rob Tapert, Lucy Lawless, Renee O’Connor and company have created a world where you can find strength, courage and love, whether you are a subtext fan or not. These simple facts and parts of the show can not be denied. I have found all of these and in the course of the last year and a half it has truly saved my life, many, many times. I’m sure it will continue to do so for what I hope will be a long time to come, even if it is in reruns.

I draw something new from an episode every time I watch it. I’m anxiously awaiting the conclusion to 5th season and the beginning of 6th season. I’m sure we’re all in for a wonderful ride.

A ride I fully intend to be around for.

To, TPTB, the wonderful and very talented Lucy and Renee, and to the fans. I thank you, for everything you have given me, strength, courage and love that will never leave me.

All my best,

T.Novan


Return to The Bard's Corner - T. Novan