ACT III

 

22. EXT. HOUSE OF STOCK - NIGHT

 

The House of Stöck turns out to be a run down log cabin, almost invisible in the trees.

 

Xena enters it cautiously.

 

CUT TO:

 

23. INT HOUSE OF STOCK - NIGHT

 

Xena sees a turned over table, broken chairs and various items thrown across the floor.

 

In the cot she sees the shape of a man frozen in a block of ice.

 

XENA

 

I guess someone got here before me.

 

(beat)

 

Or they knew I would be coming.

 

Xena squints at a large wall painting. It depicts three people on it. An old man, a boy and a girl. An ice-castle is in the background surrounded by mist and a large crevice. A valley made of ice is nearby. A picture of a log cabin is painted near the valley.

 

She notices a blue oblong shape around the girl. The boy conjuring up ice. The old man has piercing blue eyes.

 

XENA

 

A family portrait.

 

Xena sees something else and peels away at the corner of the painting. She has found one of the Portal Scrolls.

 

She goes alert and unsheathes her sword at the same time as turning around to block a strike.

 

CULT MEMBER

 

I'll take that.

 

The Cult Member makes a grab for the Portal Scroll, but Xena kicks his hand away. He realises he has to fight for it and slashes his sword toward Xena's knees.

 

Laughing with glee Xena jumps up, flips over and behind him, kicks him in the back of the head sending him sprawling and runs toward the exit.

 

CUT TO:

 

24. EXT. HOUSE OF STOCK - NIGHT

 

A group of Cultists await her. Their eyes are glowing blue.

 

The Cult Member she left inside attacks her from behind. Xena swings her sword behind her and he runs straight into it. Xena has a menacing scowl as she sees all the ice blue stares go normal.

 

CULT MEMBER

 

Milord Derricksson will get you…

 

XENA

 

Not before I get him first…

 

(beat)

 

Next time…

 

The Cult Member shatters in a million icicles. The remaining Cultists flee in panic.

 

XENA

 

(smirks)

 

Looks like a change of faith.

 

Xena walks off without looking back.

 

CUT TO:

 

25. INT. ICE CASTLE

 

A cold chill enters Gabrielle's heart as her 'husband' walks into her room.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Even in exile you defy my wishes, Derricksson.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

My patience will go only so far, Gabrielle.

 

(beat)

 

Your heart is cold to me… yet I gave you everything you desire.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(scoff)

 

Ha! The world at my fingertips…

 

(beat)

 

Yet what I desire is isolated from me.

 

(beat)

 

You will never have me, Derricksson. Never!

 

Gabrielle is about to jump, but an ice dome encloses the balcony.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

Foolish woman. Would you defy your God and Master?

 

Gabrielle laughs hysterically.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Neither man or God will ever be master to me.

 

(beat - seething)

 

I despise you!

 

(beat)

 

Now leave me alone!

 

Gabrielle takes a running leap, ripping her blue dress and attacks the Ice-God.

 

Derricksson puts up a wall of ice and retreats quickly.

 

Gabrielle collapses in her prison. She's crying of despair and laughing over her triumph at the same time.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(seething)

 

Damn you!

 

(beat - closes eyes)

 

I have to concentrate!

 

Gabrielle seems to go into a deep meditative trance.

 

CUT TO:

 

26. EXT. XENA'S CAMP - EVENING

 

A blue portal opens and Lysia steps through. She approaches Xena's campsite and inspects her bedroll.

 

It is empty.

 

A foot sweep surprises her and Lysia finds herself bound by hands and feet.

 

LYSIA

 

Please Xena, untie me…

 

(beat)

 

this is not necessary.

 

XENA

 

I'm not in the mood today to be nice.

 

(beat)

 

You seem to have a means to get into the castle and I want you to get me there… NOW!

 

LYSIA

 

(mumbling)

 

I can't.

 

Xena scowls.

 

LYSIA

 

My powers are limited. They are in abundance in the castle itself, but I don't have the power to transport you there.

 

(beat - sees the scroll)

 

You have found the scroll.

 

XENA

 

(throws up her hands - rolls eyes)

 

Why don't you tell the whole world?

 

LYSIA

 

You'll have to use it to get to the Hollow Tree in the Valley of Ice, like I said before.

 

XENA

 

This time you are coming with me as insurance.

 

Lysia shakes her head.

 

LYSIA

 

The Portal Scroll can only transport one.

 

(beat)

 

I must return to the castle so that I can inform Gabrielle.

 

Xena unties Lysia reluctantly.

 

XENA

 

What happens when Gabrielle gives her love to your brother?

 

LYSIA

 

Then the brooch will be safe for him to hold.

 

(beat)

 

But she must realise this herself, just like you just did.

 

XENA

 

(nodding)

 

Y'know, you could've spared us all a lot of grief if you were a little bit more forthcoming.

 

LYSIA

 

There are others we must answer to with our actions. much more powerful than us Earth Gods.

 

Xena unrolls the Portal Scroll.

 

LYSIA

 

Place your palm on its surface…

 

Xena places her hand on the scroll and she disappears.

 

CUT TO:

 

27. EXT. ICE CASTLE BALCONY

 

Gabrielle is meditating deeply outside in the sun on the Ice Castle's balcony. A little breeze is blowing and she decides to stand up. Her fingertips touch the icy balcony armrest lightly.

 

Her light blue dress flows a little in the mild summer breeze and she closes her eyes to let the rays of sunshine give her strength.

 

She opens her eyes and stares beyond The Valley of Ice toward The Edge in the distance.

 

Her face is calm and relaxed. No emotion flows from her.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(whispering)

 

I'm sorry Xena… there is no other way.

 

(beat)

 

Forgive me.

 

The breeze carries Gabrielle's message away.

 

CUT TO:

 

28. EXT. VALLEY OF ICE - HOLLOW TREE

 

Xena appears by the hollow tree in The Valley of Ice. The Minions of the Ice-God are waiting for her.

 

Xena unsheathes her sword and counts about fifty of them.

 

MINIONS

 

This is as far as you go, Xena.

 

XENA

 

Many have told me that.

 

(beat)

 

Prepare to join them.

 

The Minions attack and Xena slashes away. At the first assault she flips backwards as a dozen tried to flank her from two sides. They collide together in a sickening crunch.

 

Upon landing near the hollow tree, she uses it as a shield as another half dozen attack her simultaneously. She parries and blocks two or three at a time. Some impale their comrades by mistake as Xena deflects the sword blows at close combat.

 

She ducks as someone tries to brain her with a spiked club. Her sparring partner gets the bat in his face instead.

 

Swinging her sword across she decapitates the clobberer.

 

Catching her breath, Xena stands up from the carnage. She discards her winter coat after she cleans her blade from blood and entrails.

 

XENA

 

(scowling)

 

Is that all you've got?

 

The Head Minion looks at all the dead or dying servants and the lone female warrior that has survived them.

 

XENA

 

I'm getting sick of you dogging me everywhere I go.

 

(beat)

 

Either take a hike or I'll dispatch you to Tartarus.

 

With sudden courage the remaining Minions attack.

 

Xena flips herself up into the tree, steadies herself and climbs a little higher along one of the branches.

 

She sees that some are readying crossbows and Xena throws her chakram.

 

The circular blade separates and cuts through the crossbows as well as its wielders.

 

Upon its return flight to Xena they carve a bloody path through the Minions trying to kill her. She catches the weapon as one circular piece.

 

The remaining minions turn and flee in panic leaving their leader stricken with fear within the carnage.

 

Xena takes one look at the leader minion and sees a thin line of blood escape his severed neck as both his body and head topple over separate ways.

 

XENA

 

(smirk)

 

Tartarus it is!

 

CUT TO:

 

29. EXT. HOLLOW TREE

 

Xena studies and finds a deep hollow in the tree. She sticks her hand in it.

 

Suddenly Xena looks up as the wind teases her hair.

 

WHISPERING BREEZE

 

(voice-over)

 

Forgive-Me!

 

A sad smile creases her face as Xena reaches the hollow tree and pulls out the second Portal Scroll.

 

XENA

 

Hang on Gabrielle. I'm on my way.

 

She places her hand on the Portal Scroll and she disappears into thin air.

 

CUT TO:

 

30. INT. CASTLE OF ICE, THRONE ROOM

 

Gabrielle enters the throne room. She looks different. She gives Derricksson a seductive smile.

 

Derricksson is a little suspicious. He notices that the Sabre-Tooth Brooch is no longer crimson and glowing a faint blue instead.

 

He smiles triumphantly.

 

Gabrielle approaches him, smiling sweetly. Her eyes no longer are angry. They look radiant. She looks at him as if she was in love with him.

 

Derricksson is still cautious and starts to raise his hand. Gabrielle stops.

 

GABRIELLE

 

I have something to tell you.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

Yes?

 

GABRIELLE

 

I've come to realise that my life before means nothing without you.

 

Gabrielle locks eyes with Derricksson.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

 

Gabrielle laughs.

 

GABRIELLE

 

What does a God of Ice do exactly?

 

DERRICKSSON

 

(stands and walks away)

 

Do we have to talk about work.

 

GABRIELLE

 

I'd like to know a bit more about you… your ambitions.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

Do you have ambitions, Gabrielle?

 

GABRIELLE

 

You are one of my most treasured ambitions right now.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

You know, a few days ago, you were completely different. What has changed you?

 

GABRIELLE

 

I thought you wanted me for me?

 

(sad - tears)

 

Why all these questions?

 

Gabrielle hides her face and starts to cry. Derricksson approaches cautiously and a bit confused.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

I'm sorry… here, don't cry.

 

Derricksson sits down next to Gabrielle puts his arm around her. She sobs into his shoulder.

 

GABRIELLE

 

I can't live without you.

 

(beat - looks up into his eyes)

 

I love you.

 

Derricksson suddenly stands up and moves to the balcony hiding his features from Gabrielle.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

I have longed to hear those words for so long and now…

 

(beat)

 

I am so nervous.

 

GABRIELLE

 

I shall be with you forever until death do us part.

 

Derricksson sees the Sabre-Tooth Brooch go from faint-blue to a bright-blue colour, marking a new love in her life.

 

He guides her face up and she looks longingly at him.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

I love you Gabrielle.

 

And he brings his face closer to give her a kiss.

 

DISSOLVE TO:

 

END OF ACT III

 

 

 

ACT IV

 

31. INT. ICE CASTLE THRONE ROOM

 

A Portal opens and Xena steps through into the Ice Castle’s Throne Room, just as Gabrielle is about the kiss the Ice-God Derricksson.

 

XENA

 

(holding chakram)

 

Gabrielle… NO!

 

Derricksson turns to face Xena.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

(surprised)

 

You’re alive!

 

XENA

 

(glowering)

 

And you’re dead meat.

 

Derricksson shoots shards of ice to Xena, who easily flips out of the way.

 

Xena throws her chakram, which separates and ricochets all over the throne room shattering the ice missiles along the way.

 

When she is cornered her eyes lock with Gabrielle. Gabrielle's eyes stare blank as ice back at her.

 

Another Portal opens and Lysia steps through.

 

LYSIA

 

Derricksson… stop this foolishness at once.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

Everything is as it should be.

 

Derricksson looks at Gabrielle who smiles sweetly to him and then at Xena simmering with rage in a corner.

 

He raises his hand and two vertical ice slabs trap Xena within. Unsheathing her sword she starts hacking at it.

 

Lysia approaches her brother.

 

DERRICKSON

 

Go and let me be. Gabrielle is my true love. Neither you or that warrior woman can stop our union.

 

LYSIA

 

Your greed for lust and power have disillusioned you.

 

(beat)

 

What happens now is for the benefit of mankind. Your monstrous reign has come to an end.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

(guffaw)

 

Do you know what will happen to this castle if I should die? It will collapse.

 

(beat)

 

My powers hold it together.

 

LYSIA

 

So you don't love Gabrielle.

 

Derricksson looks furtively at Gabrielle. The brooch's colour seems to waver in colour.

 

Ignoring his sister he locks eyes with Gabrielle and clutches her hands.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

Gabrielle… I will love you forever.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(mesmerised eyes)

 

I love you, milord Derricksson.

 

Derricksson beams a happy smile and turns to face his sister. He sees that Xena has freed herself and has caught the chakram halves.

 

XENA

 

(seething)

 

Lets end this… NOW!

 

Derricksson gets up and unsheathes a massive broad sword. He swings it in eighths just as Xena circles him in anticipation and a berserker glee and her own sword unsheathed.

 

Derricksson strikes down hard and sparks fly as the swords clash. Xena seems to bend under the sheer force of the downward blow.

 

Her powerful legs pushes the force back and she rolls past the god slashing him while flying past and landing behind him.

 

He blocks a sword thrust of her and spins around with a counter attack to Xena's neck.

 

Xena ducks with splitting her legs and spins herself around like a break-dancer spinning her legs like a helicopter. The double impact is enough to throw the God of Ice off balance.

 

Spying the balcony behind the Ice-God, Xena jumps up and does a flying trample to push Derricksson closer to the edge of the balcony.

 

In the meantime, Lysia has moved closer to Gabrielle who sits there dazed and confused.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Lysia… what's going on?

 

LYSIA

 

We are here to rescue you…

 

GABRIELLE

 

Who? You and…

 

LYSIA

 

Xena.

 

(beat)

 

Don't you remember?

 

GABRIELLE

 

It… it's all very vague…

 

(beat)

 

I don't know…

 

LYSIA

 

Come with me.

 

Gabrielle shakes her head.

 

GABRIELLE

 

I won't leave my husband.

 

(touches the brooch)

 

He needs me.

 

LYSIA

 

What's happening to you?

 

GABRIELLE

 

(husky)

 

There is something I must do…

 

(beat - harsh whisper)

 

Only I can do this.

 

The brooch wavers in between pink and blue, and suddenly becomes bright blue. Gabrielle is once again the stranger.

 

Gabrielle gets up from the dais and approaches the fighting Ice-God and Warrior Princess. She grabs a sturdy staff and hits Xena on the head knocking her down but not out.

 

The betrayal stuns Xena momentarily. She looks confused and angry at Gabrielle who slips a loving embrace around Derricksson's waist. Xena's look bores deep through Gabrielle's soul and the latter has to turn her look away before she wavers.

 

Hands grab Xena and she disappears through a portal followed by Derricksson's laughter.

 

CUT TO:

 

32. INT. LYSIA'S SECRET ROOM

 

Xena is pacing through Lysia's secret room.

 

XENA

 

(furious)

 

Why did you stop me?

 

(beat)

 

I was wearing him down.

 

LYSIA

 

You really believe that, don't you?

 

(beat)

 

I did it for Gabrielle. She was wavering in her commitment.

 

Defiantly Xena looked regally at Lysia.

 

XENA

 

You want your brother dead!

 

Lysia smiles ironically at the bold statement and shakes her head in denial.

 

LYSIA

 

My brother needs to be stopped. He has harvested his brides for countless generations and his obsession will be the death of him.

 

Xena folds her arms in defiance.

 

LYSIA

 

It is destiny, Xena.

 

XENA

 

Destiny is in the hands of the beholder.

 

(beat - seething)

 

I will die again for her before I let him near her.

 

Lysia approaches the Warrior Princess cautiously.

 

LYSIA

 

I trust Gabrielle…

 

(beat)

 

So should you.

 

XENA

 

(harsh whisper)

 

I trust Gabrielle with all my heart.

 

Lysia opens another portal. Xena sees a luscious green tapestry beyond.

 

LYSIA

 

Let Gabrielle go.

 

A tear escapes down her cheek as Xena takes a step toward the portal.

 

CUT TO:

 

33. INT. ICE CASTLE'S THRONE ROOM

 

Derricksson's smug face turns toward Gabrielle in satisfaction. He has a broad smile when he sees that the Sabre-Tooth Brooch is a vibrant blue signifying Gabrielle's full devotion to him.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

Gabrielle…

 

(beat)

 

Will you give me the Sabre-Tooth Brooch of your own free will?

 

(beat)

 

You will be my wife for eternity.

 

Gabrielle half-turns and looks worriedly at the frozen ex-wives around the throne room.

 

GABRIELLE

 

It is my protection…

 

DERRICKSSON

 

No harm will befall you.

 

(beat - locks eyes)

 

I promise, my love.

 

GABRIELLE

 

You may take the brooch.

 

(beat)

 

It will not harm you while I love you.

 

Derricksson and Gabrielle kiss, then he risks touching the brooch. His eyes light up with a ruthless greed and he takes the brooch roughly away from her.

 

Gabrielle is stunned and realises that she stands in an archway cubicle.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(confused)

 

My love? What is happening?

 

Derricksson waves his hand up and a wall of ice traps Gabrielle inside.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(realisation)

 

NO!

 

(beat - pounding at the ice)

 

You promised.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

(holds the vibrant blue brooch up)

 

At last you are mine to wield.

 

Out of nowhere, Xena's chakram whistles into the throne room and strikes the brooch out of Derricksson's hand. The brooch lands close to Gabrielle's trap and the chakram lodges deep in the ice wall.

 

Derricksson turns to face Xena angrily.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

You again!

 

(beat)

 

This time you will die.

 

XENA

 

Won't be the first time.

 

(flips and unsheathes sword)

 

ALALALALALALALALA - SHEEYA!

 

A crack appears in the wall of ice that traps Gabrielle. With increased vigour she pounds harder against the ice wall.

 

Xena blocks and parries against the onslaught of the enraged Ice-God, and she also blocks his way to the fallen brooch.

 

Derricksson launches himself at Xena and she drops to the ground, plants her feet midriff and launches him toward the trapped Gabrielle.

 

He lands with his back against the chakram and the wall shatters.

 

Gabrielle rushes to his side as Xena towers above both.

 

Frustrated Derricksson tries to get up, but Gabrielle holds onto him and the brooch.

 

GABRIELLE

 

{husky}

 

You lied to me.

 

DERRICKSSON

 

(shakes no)

 

I promised you would not be harmed.

 

(beat)

 

You would have been preserved for eternity just like…

 

GABRIELLE

 

…Like your former wives.

 

(locks eyes with Xena)

 

I hold the brooch.

 

(beat - sad)

 

Only I can stop this madness.

 

Gabrielle bends close to Derricksson.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Because of you I will break my vow. For my soul is forever connected to my true love and I will do anything…

 

XENA

 

Do it now, Gabrielle.

 

Gabrielle looks at Xena with tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

Derricksson grabs Gabrielle by the throat and squeezes.

 

Momentarily stunned Gabrielle holds the brooch up for Derricksson to see. It has turned into a deep purple glow. It's the last thing he sees as Gabrielle scratches his face with the Sabre-Tooth Brooch.

 

At first it tickled. Then his face was on fire. His screams are agonising as his Ice-Castle starts to shake.

 

Derricksson lets Gabrielle go as he gets consumed by a fire and the remains of his body collapses in a charred heap.

 

Gabrielle looks sadly at the remains and locks eyes with Xena.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(elated - sighs)

 

I’m free!

 

CUT TO:

 

34. INT. ICE CASTLE THRONE ROOM

 

The castle of ice trembles. Lysia beckons Xena and Gabrielle near a corridor.

 

LYSIA

 

Xena… Gabrielle… This way!

 

Xena and Gabrielle avoid falling obstacles as they try to reach Lysia.

 

The floor suddenly breaks up. Both Xena and Gabrielle get flung in different directions and try to grapple for stability.

 

Xena sees Gabrielle struggling to hold on.

 

As the castle collapses around them Xena tries to reach Gabrielle.

 

XENA

 

Hold on Gabrielle…

 

GABRIELLE

 

I’m slipping…

 

Shards of the shattered Ice-Castle narrowly miss her and Gabrielle loses her grip.

 

Xena sees Gabrielle lose her hold and propels herself from her ledge to land close to Gabrielle.

 

She manages to grab a hold on Gabrielle just in time.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(fear)

 

Xena… the ceiling…

 

Xena looks up and her eyes go wide as the castle collapses taking both of them with the avalanche.

 

CUT TO:

 

35. EXT. VIEW FROM THE EDGE

 

The ice castle trembles and shudders from its precipice.

 

It then shatters and collapses, sending shards of ice in the Ice Valley below.

 

CUT TO:

 

36. EXT. ICE VALLEY

 

In the Ice Valley the avalanche settles and is quiet.

 

Something stirs and a hand holding a chakram bursts through.

 

Xena crawls out with cuts and bruises.

 

XENA

 

Gabrielle? Where are you?

 

Xena sees the form of Gabrielle lying nearby and rushes toward her.

 

Bones are protruding through the skin of Gabrielle's broken legs.

 

She gasps in shocked surprise when Gabrielle clutches Xena's arm with a bloodied hand.

 

Kneeling, Xena supports her fallen comrade.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(hoarse whisper)

 

I defeated him, Xena.

 

(beat)

 

He's dead. I killed him… for us.

 

XENA

 

I know, my love.

 

Xena bends forward to give Gabrielle a kiss on her forehead.

 

XENA

 

I'm sorry I couldn't be here sooner…

 

(beat)

 

I tried.

 

Gabrielle coughs and spits up blood.

 

GABRIELLE

 

It was… so simple… so very, very simple…

 

(beat - cough)

 

One scratch…

 

XENA

 

(tears)

 

I will find a way to save you, Gabrielle.

 

(beat)

 

I won't lose you again.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(whispering)

 

It's all right, Xena…

 

(beat)

 

I feel no pain…

 

(coughs)

 

 anymore.

 

XENA

 

Not…

 

(sob)

 

…this way…

 

Gabrielle's bloodied hand reveals the purple glowing Sabre-Tooth Brooch.

 

XENA

 

No… I don't want that…

 

(beat - tears)

 

I only want you…

 

(whispers)

 

Only you.

 

GABRIELLE

 

(whispers)

 

I know…

 

(beat)

 

…me too.

 

Gabrielle reaches for Xena's face to wipe a tear away. She sobs when a blood smear appears.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Oh Xena…

 

(whispers - cries)

 

I'm so sorry for…

 

Xena scoops the mortally wounded Bard up in her arms and tries to stand.

 

XENA

 

Hang in there, my love.

 

(beat)

 

I know a way out…

 

(beat - determined)

 

There is only one way out.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Xena… destroy the brooch…

 

(cough)

 

…the only…

 

Gabrielle loses consciousness.

 

Xena stumbles through the ruins of the Ice Castle toward The Edge.

 

CUT TO:

 

37. EXT. THE EDGE

 

Carrying Gabrielle's broken body in her arms Xena stands close to the precipice that divides mortality from immortality.

 

XENA

 

I can't live without you, Gabrielle.

 

(beat)

 

These past days without you has torn my soul in half.

 

(beat)

 

To lose you now…

 

Xena looks down at the whirling mist of the precipice called The Edge and smiles mysteriously when she sees a faint blue glow.

 

XENA

 

We will always be together…

 

Xena takes a final step and they both disappear into the mist.

 

CUT TO:

 

38. INT. TAVERN IN SCANDINAVIAN CITY

 

Xena wakes up with a start. She looks around the room. A bluish light glows nearby. She looks at the form lying next to her.

 

XENA

 

Gabrielle?

 

Gabrielle stirs, then awakens. Both Xena and Gabrielle are astonished that all Gabrielle's wounds are healed. Not a blemish remains

 

Lysia enters the room.

 

LYSIA

 

I trust you have slept well?

 

Gabrielle smiles when she recognises Lysia. She hugs Xena tenderly at the same time.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Thank you, Lysia.

 

(looks at Xena)

 

For reuniting my soul.

 

LYSIA

 

Everything is as it should be.

 

(beat)

 

I bid you both a happy life with all the love you carry for each other.

 

A portal opens and Lysia steps through.

 

XENA

 

(whispers)

 

I thought I lost you.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Xena… we'll always be together… forever!

 

(beat)

 

That reminds me… we need to destroy this.

 

Gabrielle opens her hand and the Sabre-Tooth Brooch lies inside her palm.

 

Xena looks questioningly at Gabrielle.

 

Gabrielle places Xena's palm against hers. She brings their clasped hands to just in between their chest areas.

 

Gabrielle looks deep into Xena's eyes.

 

GABRIELLE

 

Only true love can destroy this brooch completely.

 

(beat)

 

Our bond will be sealed forever by this ancient brooch.

 

Xena does not hesitate as she kisses Gabrielle with all the love she carries for her.

 

The brooch glows briefly and then dissolves into nothing, sealing Xena and Gabrielle's soul forever as one.

 

DISSOLVE TO THEME:

 

THE END

 

Xena: Warrior Princess - Virtual Episode

 

SEPARATION

 

by Richard B.Kloosterboer

 

this_is_a_new_1@hotmail.com

 

created 8 November 2002 NZ

 

completed 14 January 2003 NZ

 


Return to The Bard's Corner