Blood Red Scream

by Tragedy88
Tragedy88@goplay.com

Disclaimers: Part One

 

Chapter Ten

 

"Julie?" Darion asked into the static void.

"Yes. Hello? Hello, this is Julie." The voice was muffled, high, feminine.

"Um," Darion didn't know where to begin. Didn't even know who Julie was. "I promised Taylor I'd call-"

"Taylor? My God, what's happened? Is she alright?"

"We're in the hospital-" Darion began.

"Omigod..."

"Taylor has a concussion, two broken ribs, and a punctured lung. She's still unconscious, so they're running some tests. But the doctor's say she'll be alright. The last thing she said, before she went unconscious, was to call you." Darion listened intently, but there was only silence and static. "Julie?"

"I-I'm here." Julie's voice was shaky. "She'll be alright then?"

"Yes."

"Good. She was never supposed to contact me, unless something went wrong... my God... I- I have to, I have to..." Julie fumbled with the phone, at a loss. Something had gone terribly wrong. "How do you know Taylor? And who are you?" She didn't mean that to be as harsh as it sounded.

"My name is Darion, and I met Taylor, " Damn, was it just yesterday evening? "for dinner the other night. We ran into some trouble." Hello, understatement.

"Take care of her, Darion. She won't like it, but she needs someone. I've got to go." Julie said.

Click. "Hello? Julie?" But the phone was dead. Darion replaced the phone in it's cradle and turned slowly to face the empty waiting room. What now?

________________

Taylor was still unconscious, a chest tube draining the blood from her punctured lung, and an IV feeding her painkillers.

She was dreaming. Again.

A man stood before her, tall as Darion, dark haired with classic features. He was handsome, in a frightening kind of perfection. No smile graced his features, no warmth seeped from his eyes. He was impassive, and his eyes spoke volumes for his silence.

Taylor trembled before his familiar presence. As his body began to glow she reeled back in panic. "Oh God..."

"No. I am not the One God, but I am a God." His voice was low, filled with a seductive menace. "I've come back for you, and her." The God's smile never reached his eyes.

"Why? I never did you wrong." She'd spoken before she'd even realized her mouth had opened.

"Never did me wrong!" He roared. "You kept her from returning to me. Where she belongs!"

"No, Ares, she chose that path herself. I had nothing to do with it." What am I saying? Taylor could not help but meet the god of war's graze fully.

"Little girl, you don't realize the years of hard work you undid. Even today you don't understand." Ares pointed an accusing finger in her direction.

Little girl? Why you... "Well, super jock, you don't seem to realize something either." Taylor's brash personality surfaced. "You lost her, for good. No amount of meddling in our lives has ever changed that."

"You-"

"Shut up, Ares, and listen. Hades gave our love a chance to reunite. I'll admit it's rather tedious in the beginning meeting each other all over again and having to work through forgotten memories, but hell, it's worth it. And it's worth being here to stop YOU." Taylor smirked, on a roll now. "Her battle with the darkness you so love tempts her each time, but she fights it. And she wins."

Ares was still sputtering at her total lack of respect for a god, especially one as powerful as himself. But slowly he smiled. "She didn't fight the darkness this time. You did."

Taylor blinked, remembering an earlier dream.

"You are the one who fights the dark side now, little one." Ares smiled, contemptuously. "And, if I recall, you were loosing."

He was right, of course, but what did that matter? "So what, Ares? I know who I am now, who I was. With Darion I can fight you."

"Do you really think so?" His voice lowered. "Let's find out, shall we?"

With a twist of his hand a fire began to burn in her chest. She struggled for air, clawing to the surface of her dreams. "Darion!" She screamed.

Taylor's eyes flew open to an empty room, a chill in the air, and fire raging in her chest. Darion? Unable to stop the tears flowing freely down her cheeks or the pain it caused she sank back down into oblivion.

________________________

copyright 1999 Tragedy88

Continued in Part 4


Return to The Bard's Corner